Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311489 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Pacific, WA

#310152 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose saw the infrence and so did I.
I don't believe that there would be random life.
Was there another question?
Yes, I wanted to know your thoughts, your feelings. But there is absolutely no depth to you. None. You fling out one-liners that rarely have anything to do with what's actually being discussed, but tries to alter the discussion to a shallow level where you're obviously more comfortable.

Life is already random, whether you believe it or not.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310153 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot. Freedom of religion INCLUDES freedom from religion, or we wouldn't have the non-establishment clause.
In England, the people were forced to follow the state religion. They put this in the constitution so that there would be no state religion. They would be free to follow whatever religion they chose. They could choose not to have a religion. It should work well for everyone.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310154 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the discussion was about inviting "into the pack", you were.
Everyone in the pack is an equal? As usual you have honed in on some minor detail in the course of a bigger discussion that nobody remembers. What's your point and is it important?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310155 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that arrogance again.
Trusting in God is arrogant, interesting connection.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310156 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you the same thing I told Ink. STO asked you, a believer, what you thought about a pregnant woman -- NOT YOU -- praying for a miscarriage. Not once in his post did he ask, "Rose, if you prayed for a miscarriage would it be tantamount to an abortion?" Not once.
And you still didn't answer, other than a stand-alone No. So I take that to mean you don't believe praying for a miscarriage is similar to seeking an induced abortion.
FYI -- This is a debate/discussion forum. The only ones pulling punches and making things personal around here are those trolls/clowns who have no ability to actually discuss anything beyond argumentum ad hominem.
Too bad he didn't say "NOT YOU"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310157 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In England, the people were forced to follow the state religion. They put this in the constitution so that there would be no state religion. They would be free to follow whatever religion they chose. They could choose not to have a religion. It should work well for everyone.
Yes, Moron, which means it INCLUDES freedom FROM religion as well.

Damn, you're stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310158 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone in the pack is an equal? As usual you have honed in on some minor detail in the course of a bigger discussion that nobody remembers. What's your point and is it important?
They are equally part of the pack.

Don't get pissy with me just because YOUR point failed.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310159 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one who claims to worship a deity which raped an engaged-to-be-married 13 year old virgin, so she could give birth to a zombie.
I'm also not the one who claims that Jesus was perfect, and that I follow his example by calling myself a 'Christian' whose religious goal is to condemn and castigate everyone who doesn't.
That would be you...hypocrite.
Not much educated on this subject, are you?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310161 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The United States Constitution declared independence for England?
Wow, you really are confused.
I guess it seems that way to you since you couldn't see my hurried mistake.

To clarify for you

Should have been..... constitution and declaring independence from England.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310162 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you the same thing I told Ink. STO asked you, a believer, what you thought about a pregnant woman -- NOT YOU -- praying for a miscarriage. Not once in his post did he ask, "Rose, if you prayed for a miscarriage would it be tantamount to an abortion?" Not once.
And you still didn't answer, other than a stand-alone No. So I take that to mean you don't believe praying for a miscarriage is similar to seeking an induced abortion.
FYI -- This is a debate/discussion forum. The only ones pulling punches and making things personal around here are those trolls/clowns who have no ability to actually discuss anything beyond argumentum ad hominem.
Actually today i did answer
I do not think someone would pray for a miscarriage just in order to avoid an inconvenient pregnancy and expect God to be happy for the prayer ..in the instance cited by Bitner..I answered to the best of my ability ..we cannot know until we walk in someone's shoes...especially in regards to s child who is terminal .

and I took the question as aimed at me since it referenced my answer on prayer
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310163 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Moron, which means it INCLUDES freedom FROM religion as well.
Damn, you're stupid.
Why do you think the amendment doesn't phrase it that way?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310164 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They are equally part of the pack.
Don't get pissy with me just because YOUR point failed.
Who says they are and who cares?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310165 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one who claims to worship a deity which raped an engaged-to-be-married 13 year old virgin, so she could give birth to a zombie.
I'm also not the one who claims that Jesus was perfect, and that I follow his example by calling myself a 'Christian' whose religious goal is to condemn and castigate everyone who doesn't.
That would be you...hypocrite.
There was,no sexual act ..we do not know,Mary's age ..She was young ..She was asked ..
Jesus was not a zombie ..where on earth did that come from .I know you don't believe he is,God ..But zombie??

He was sinless ..fully human fully divine ..according to our belief

He had to be in order to be a perfect sacrifice ..again..I know you don't believe in all this ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310166 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think the amendment doesn't phrase it that way?
It doesn't say "freedom OF religion", either, but both that AND freedom FROM religion are included in the 1st Amendment.

The Constitution ALSO doesn't use the words "fair trial", but we do, indeed, have such a right, based on the 6th Amendment.

It also doesn't mention Miranda rights, but they are ours to exercise, based on the 5th.

You know, it's not my fault you are too stupid to understand this, Witless.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310167 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says they are and who cares?
Hey, it was YOUR stupid non-point. Like I said, don't get pissy with me just because it failed.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310168 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say "freedom OF religion", either, but both that AND freedom FROM religion are included in the 1st Amendment.
The Constitution ALSO doesn't use the words "fair trial", but we do, indeed, have such a right, based on the 6th Amendment.
It also doesn't mention Miranda rights, but they are ours to exercise, based on the 5th.
You know, it's not my fault you are too stupid to understand this, Witless.
This is what it says;

The 1791 text of the First Amendment to the country's Constitution states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." It guarantees the free exercise of religion while also preventing the government from establishing a state religion. The Supreme Court has also interpreted this as preventing the government from having any authority in religion.

You can read into it whatever you like.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310169 Sep 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it was YOUR stupid non-point. Like I said, don't get pissy with me just because it failed.
No it wasn't a point at all. Just part of some context that I don't remember but you have put your teeth into it like a bulldog.
Have no idea where you are going with it.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310170 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link;
The 1791 text of the First Amendment to the country's Constitution states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." It guarantees the free exercise of religion while also preventing the government from establishing a state religion. The Supreme Court has also interpreted this as preventing the government from having any authority in religion.
"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of of religion, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEROF.
Sure don't recall anyone claiming otherwise. Definitely recall you claiming there was no freedom *from* religion, though.

Do you have anything to say about the quote I provided showing full well citizens of the USA have freedom of religion AND freedom from religion? Or are you still going to deny it?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310171 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In England, the people were forced to follow the state religion. They put this in the constitution so that there would be no state religion. They would be free to follow whatever religion they chose. They could choose not to have a religion. It should work well for everyone.
"They could choose not to have a religion."

Doh! You mean they could enjoy freedom from religion rather than be subjected to one that did not represent them? So glad you learned the distinction, Ink.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310172 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually today i did answer
I do not think someone would pray for a miscarriage just in order to avoid an inconvenient pregnancy and expect God to be happy for the prayer ..in the instance cited by Bitner..I answered to the best of my ability ..we cannot know until we walk in someone's shoes...especially in regards to s child who is terminal .
and I took the question as aimed at me since it referenced my answer on prayer
Like I said earlier, I believe you are mistaken. STO's question to you does not appear to me to be on a personal basis. It seems to me he's asking a believer what they think about it.

And as you've said, you do not believe someone would pray for a miscarriage to avoid an "inconvenient" pregnancy (your word, not mine).

I don't know anyone who thinks pregnancy is a mere "inconvenience". Why would you use such a dishonest word?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min The Donald_ 1,403,980
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Thinking 255,965
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr litesong 9,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web