Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310986 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310125 Sep 4, 2013
JBH wrote:
US cannot strike Syria based on whatsoever because that is again on the same thing of chemical weapons like the Iraq case before--which gives rise to today's troubling current Iraq that US is being blamed for.
As it was destructive issue to use the finding to check chemical weapons on Iraq, it is also meaning it is a very damaging issue to talk about chemical weapons. Obama is wrong by saying using chemical weapons to escalate the story--just like what he is wrong to say the world needs to have gay people for the societies and families of every country, including Russia. Obama must not say his disaster views any more, on Syria in particular at this time. And people go with Obama are bad people.
Facts are that US bombs have killed lots of more people than those killed by chemical weapons. Middle East by far has had lots of too many people killed by US bombs and people fighting there, but few are killed by chemical weapons, so that chemical weapons issue is not it.
Whether proof or CONVINCING EVIDENCE or NOT on chemical weapons usage, is not IT, and IS NOT THE POINT.
WHY DOES US HAVE TO ACT ON SYRIA, BASED ON WHAT, because that is not the sake of US that it has to, but the world view of standpoint?
WHO says Syria is rebels' country?
Just asks the people of Syria then--but they are the victims of rebels by rebels taking seize of violences to cause lives destroyed, that the people have to run for lives because of rebels, or seek somewhere to hide or fight US facing US wanting to kill them by striking. US is a big evil villain in getting the worst with bad rebels.
US cannot act on SYRIA according to chemical weapons issue, or proof or convincing evidence of, to say chemical weapons have killed a few hundred (Is rejected and not justification) to strike Syria, to kill a few thousand or tens of thousands of more people, regardless of how many rebels and US soldiers will lose lives--that will add on increasing bigger tolls.)
What is any difference by saying gassing people--made up by other words from Kerry and Obama (convincing evidence is purely destructive criteria to look at, as people are also killed by rebels-- gassing people or not, but the Iraq case is the lesson to learn to not base on the same way of view and looking at chemical weapons issue again from Iraq drama and disaster), because ME is very clear not it of people dying from chemical weapons, but from US bombs?
SO, US BOMBS ARE IT AND IT THAT KILLED TOO MANY PEOPLE THERE--THAT is why US cannot strike Syria as US bombs are it, but not chemical weapons.
Obama is not allowed to do the same way of Bush again. It is pathetic and ridiculous that Obama who opposed Bush on Iraq were to make Bush mold to do Bush again.
WHAT STAKE IS US, other to not make troubles again for self destruction as that is not the way of doing things in these new times--because not he same way of looking into Syria on chemical weapons like Iraq before (from learning from the past)?
THAT IS ALL TO IT.
You're on the wrong thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T3LVG1...

There. You're welcome.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310126 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What would He have to do to be understood by you?
Exist.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310127 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be later generations of English, not Vikings or natives.
Get real. How do you argue with the facts?
When do you plan to present some?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310128 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Exist.
How would you know?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310129 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When do you plan to present some?
You mean you don't know the history of the USA.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310130 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No you weren't. The first colonists weren't criminals.
http://www.history.com/topics/jamestown
And
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Thing is,when our government was codified ..NO ONE WANTED to be told which CHURCH to worship in ..But they wanted to be able to worship God .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310131 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was answering a question aimed at my own situation..."
No, Rose, STO asked you a question that you took personally. It was not about you or your situation.
Leathers, Feathers... same dif, right?
You've done it to me before, too. Blown right over something I'm discussing and made it about yourself, your situation, your history.
<sigh>
I probably shouldn't say anything, but now it's out there.
I had given a long answer to a question asked of ME about prayer ..in my answer I said I prayed to not be pregnant ..then the question about praying to have a miscarriage .

Sorry that is personal. And people kept arguing it ..
I don't blow over anything ..I read a question and sometime s do nit answer in the exact words you want ..hoping to catch me into saying things
I did not mean or say or even think of ..
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310132 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Thing is,when our government was codified ..NO ONE WANTED to be told which CHURCH to worship in ..But they wanted to be able to worship God .
Right, freedom of religion not freedom from religion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310133 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know?
Deductive reasoning.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310134 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you don't know the history of the USA.
I mean YOU don't know the history of the USA.

The continent was already settled by native peoples, when Europeans (beginning with the Vikings, who were ANYTHING but Christians) got here - whom Europeans slaughtered, enslaved, swindled, infected, and eventually evicted from the land.

The Jamestown colonists were here before the Pilgrims, who pre-dated the Puritans, who pre-dated the Catholics, who pre-dated the Quakers, and so on and so on and so on. Religious persecution was the order of the day. Read a book.

I know you don't like it, but them's the breaks, puddin'.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310135 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, freedom of religion not freedom from religion.
There you go with that bleeding arrogance again...the freedom to worship as one pleases, includes the freedom not to worship at all.

Sorry about your bigotry, self-righteousness, narrow world view, and deliberate obtuseness.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310136 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I mean YOU don't know the history of the USA.
The continent was already settled by native peoples, when Europeans (beginning with the Vikings, who were ANYTHING but Christians) got here - whom Europeans slaughtered, enslaved, swindled, infected, and eventually evicted from the land.
The Jamestown colonists were here before the Pilgrims, who pre-dated the Puritans, who pre-dated the Catholics, who pre-dated the Quakers, and so on and so on and so on. Religious persecution was the order of the day. Read a book.
I know you don't like it, but them's the breaks, puddin'.
You are talking about a wilderness. I was talking about the establishment of a country. You may argue about how it came into being but it was the Engish who were responsible for putting together a constitution and declaring independence for, oh yeah, ENGLAND.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310137 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Deductive reasoning.
LOL
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310138 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He was responding to a post where Rose said she had prayed that she WAS NOT pregnant.
His question was;
Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
It infers that she prayed for a miscarriage, which she didn't. She has stated that she would never do that.
I know what STO replied to and what he asked. He did not infer any such thing. There was no reason anyone should've inferred anything other than what STO asked. He asked a believer what she thought. Nothing more.

Now that that's cleared up, why don't you respond to these posts that *were* directed to you?
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Would life not be worth living if it all was random? Or do you think there has to be spiritual entities playing us like pawns in a chess game?
Sometimes the dominoes in life line up perfectly for a horrible, disastrous result. Or sometimes they line up for a thing of rare beauty.
Does it make you feel better, safer, to believe there're somebodies behind the curtain making it all happen?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Astrology.
Ancient people looked to the stars and connected the dots to make pictures. They then personified those pictures and created stories, precursors to Aesop's Fables.
Man was not always so kind to each other ... as societies evolved, "being nice" evolved as well.
Unless or until some "god" claimed it was cool to wipe out entire societies... Told this to someone in authority in a dream and then they, the followers, acted on it. All believing they were in the right to do such a thing.
Not much has changed since those ancient days ... Men still believe god is telling them to police some other society regardless of the reality. You are no different in trying to police other women from making legal reproductive decisions and giving your god the credit for it.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310139 Sep 4, 2013
Forever 21 wrote:
Ha! I just love when people expect Christians or religious to be picture perfect. Are you? Then shut up. A person who believes and wants to worship their God is not perfect. How stupid to think they should be angels with no flaws. Do you people think that you're all perfect? WHO is the hypocrite? You are. You're too self centered to see it.
I'm not the one who claims to worship a deity which raped an engaged-to-be-married 13 year old virgin, so she could give birth to a zombie.

I'm also not the one who claims that Jesus was perfect, and that I follow his example by calling myself a 'Christian' whose religious goal is to condemn and castigate everyone who doesn't.

That would be you...hypocrite.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#310140 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they wouldn't. These people have no concept of trusting God because they haven't met Him yet.
Pics or it didnt happen.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310141 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a wilderness. I was talking about the establishment of a country. You may argue about how it came into being but it was the Engish who were responsible for putting together a constitution declaring independence for, oh yeah, ENGLAND.
The United States Constitution declared independence for England?

Wow, you really are confused.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310142 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had given a long answer to a question asked of ME about prayer ..in my answer I said I prayed to not be pregnant ..then the question about praying to have a miscarriage .
Sorry that is personal. And people kept arguing it ..
I don't blow over anything ..I read a question and sometime s do nit answer in the exact words you want ..hoping to catch me into saying things
I did not mean or say or even think of ..
I'll tell you the same thing I told Ink. STO asked you, a believer, what you thought about a pregnant woman -- NOT YOU -- praying for a miscarriage. Not once in his post did he ask, "Rose, if you prayed for a miscarriage would it be tantamount to an abortion?" Not once.

And you still didn't answer, other than a stand-alone No. So I take that to mean you don't believe praying for a miscarriage is similar to seeking an induced abortion.

FYI -- This is a debate/discussion forum. The only ones pulling punches and making things personal around here are those trolls/clowns who have no ability to actually discuss anything beyond argumentum ad hominem.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310143 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be later generations of English, not Vikings or natives.
Get real. How do you argue with the facts?
What "facts"?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310144 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God loving women trust God. Simple.
There's that arrogance again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,374,951
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Earthling-1 9,555
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 254,939
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web