Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,190
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310027 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Oth, you were smart enough to know that sexual intercourse could lead to pregnancy. Bing! We have a winner. Once is all it takes.
Oh but please, let's just keep talking AO in the classrooms. That's been hugely (and I do mean hugely) successful in Texas.
Abortion is what keeps the birth rate down in NY.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310028 Sep 3, 2013
It's called objective evaluation and character analysis; there is no hypocrisy involved. It's done to fictional characters in schools every day.

Your god has no say in what other people do; don't bring him into the conversation if you don't want to hear him in anything but adoring tones.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So don't complain that God isn't what you want while not accepting that there is a God. That is hypocrasy.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#310029 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Oth, you were smart enough to know that sexual intercourse could lead to pregnancy. Bing! We have a winner. Once is all it takes.
Oh but please, let's just keep talking AO in the classrooms. That's been hugely (and I do mean hugely) successful in Texas.
part of me knew .may be ..what it took to get preggers,

.the other part wanted to believe the BF..who was 4 years older ...said once..no way.

Any way ..I'm all for full sex e d in the classroom..if I didn't THAT WOULD MAKE ME A HYPOCRITE ..as I know,teens have sex ..obviously ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/family/teenagers/T...

Think it should be in PSA s, too ..And,no sex is the only way to be,sure ..But kids,should know,how,NOT to get pregnant .

BUT WE HAD NO SEXED ..no real biology of human reproduction ....like how or when it COuld happen ..cycles...hormones ...days if the month ...NADA,...we did not even know the real names for our hoo hoos.

I'm not kidding here...And the thing is..science in reproduction was really not all that hot to begin with ..we know so much more now .

Thing is,I WAS,LATE..I knew,that meant I might be pregnant ..I prayed
I was not ...

I did not even understand why a,pregnant woman didn't have a,period until much later ..

As,I said they didn't teach us,a,thing.

But I sure,as heck did not pray to abort or miscarry..had no clue that once you were pregnant things,COULD happen to make you not pregnant .

Seriously there might have Been people who had abortions,...But No one I know,ever knew,what that was,
And it was NOT THE NORM as some would have us believe

You got pregnant and had the baby ..period ...the sum total of what we,knew,...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310030 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's called objective evaluation and character analysis; there is no hypocrisy involved. It's done to fictional characters in schools every day.
Your god has no say in what other people do; don't bring him into the conversation if you don't want to hear him in anything but adoring tones.
<quoted text>
Waht you say doesn't bother me at all. I am not insecure in my belief.

I don't have a problem with you thinking you are in control. I just think it is funny.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310031 Sep 3, 2013
What

Indianapolis

#310032 Sep 3, 2013
I didn't need a sky-daddy to give my life purpose; I did that myself. We decide for ourselves what matters and what does not. We have secular laws to protect our secular rights. Your god is unnecessary to that equation.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God then we are all just happenstance living for a short time on the planet. Does it really matter what we do or how we live?
Since I do believe in God, I know that I am here in some small way to contribute to His plan. Whether it is someting on a direct and personal level or even if it is indirectly through a family line of someone else.
I think it is important as a wife and mother to set good examples of faith, ethics and morals in business and in my personal life.
If I believed there was no God I probably wouldn't care so much.
People who only believe that they live, eat and die, to me, are sad.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310033 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Without God, as soon as you die your life is over and you will be meaningless. Only your children will remember you for a while.
You acyually don't get to decide anything important like when you are born, whether or not you are healthy, whether or not you can have children, when you die or how long you are remembered.
So because you believe in 'God' you got to decide when to be born? Face it, babe, your beliefs don't affect that one iota. And if your purpose in life is to be remembered, you have already failed. You're a footnote at best.

Of course we get to decide whether or not we are healthy - eat right, exercise, take care of yourself. You'll have better health that way.

People decide whether or not to have children every hour of every day. Good grief - what have we been talking about for the last 200 pages of this forum? People also regularly make the decision to check out at their own convenience.

Maybe YOU are willing to leave it entirely up to chance, but this is 2013. Get a clue.

“Changing your thoughts”

Since: Sep 09

will change your world

#310034 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it has but where do you think that thought process came from? What has inspired man to be kind to others and other species? A rare thing in the animal world outside of immediate family. Why do you think it is important to have laws which usually reflect a fairness to others?
Do you think you haven't been influenced by people of faith through the ages. Can you think of one totally atheist culture that operates like ours which was established mostly by Christians escaping England?
Not sure about that - wolves take care of their packs and howl when one goes missing. Sometimes they invite a new wolf into the pack.

Are there no Christians in England? That's news to me. Pretty sure that the members of Church of England consider themselves to be Christians. Lots and lots of blood has been and will be shed in the name of religion.

I do not know of any atheist cultures, do you?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310035 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I didn't need a sky-daddy to give my life purpose; I did that myself. We decide for ourselves what matters and what does not. We have secular laws to protect our secular rights. Your god is unnecessary to that equation.
<quoted text>
That's true, you don't need a sky daddy for that equation.

Indianapolis

#310036 Sep 3, 2013
When you die, your life is over regardless. Whether you are remembered or not depends on what you mdo; atheists like marx and ayn rand are certainly remembered as are socrates, gandhi, mao, and many others who did not believe in your god.

I assure you, I can decide if I become a parent or not. As for how long anyone is remembered, WHO CARES? Enjoy me while I'm here; when I'm gone, life will go on without me. Just like everyone else.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Without God, as soon as you die your life is over and you will be meaningless. Only your children will remember you for a while.
You acyually don't get to decide anything important like when you are born, whether or not you are healthy, whether or not you can have children, when you die or how long you are remembered.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310037 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So because you believe in 'God' you got to decide when to be born? Face it, babe, your beliefs don't affect that one iota. And if your purpose in life is to be remembered, you have already failed. You're a footnote at best.
Of course we get to decide whether or not we are healthy - eat right, exercise, take care of yourself. You'll have better health that way.
People decide whether or not to have children every hour of every day. Good grief - what have we been talking about for the last 200 pages of this forum? People also regularly make the decision to check out at their own convenience.
Maybe YOU are willing to leave it entirely up to chance, but this is 2013. Get a clue.
Can't you read? I said that we all have little control over the big things in life.

'Healthy' people drop dead or get killed everyday. If a woman's body can't conceive, she won't get pregnant.

Maybe you are the one person who's life has gone exactally the way you planned with no twists or turns. Mine hasn't and I don't think most have which is why I don't believe it was chance.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310038 Sep 3, 2013
exactly
Forever 21

Danielson, CT

#310039 Sep 3, 2013
Ha! I just love when people expect Christians or religious to be picture perfect. Are you? Then shut up. A person who believes and wants to worship their God is not perfect. How stupid to think they should be angels with no flaws. Do you people think that you're all perfect? WHO is the hypocrite? You are. You're too self centered to see it.

Indianapolis

#310040 Sep 3, 2013
Belief that you can't get pregnant on the first time was pretty common when rose (and I) were young...I think that's what president lincoln said...:)
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310041 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When you die, your life is over regardless. Whether you are remembered or not depends on what you mdo; atheists like marx and ayn rand are certainly remembered as are socrates, gandhi, mao, and many others who did not believe in your god.
I assure you, I can decide if I become a parent or not. As for how long anyone is remembered, WHO CARES? Enjoy me while I'm here; when I'm gone, life will go on without me. Just like everyone else.
<quoted text>
What do you think Socrates meant by this?

Shortly before his final breath, Socrates described his death as a release of the soul from the body.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#310042 Sep 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%, but no matter who agrees or disagrees, when a woman is already pregnant, and decides she doesn't want to continue, she must either kill herself, or kill the life growing within her.:(
Again your approval and opinion. Like mine is not necessary when a woman is making a decision in regards to pregnancy.

Indianapolis

#310043 Sep 3, 2013
Laws evolve in social groups, and our species is just better at writing them down. How many laws force people to be kind? Most are just written to help people get along.

Gee, our country was inspired by democracy and a republican form of government, both of which were created by non-christian civilizations. Every civilization and group influences later groups.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it has but where do you think that thought process came from? What has inspired man to be kind to others and other species? A rare thing in the animal world outside of immediate family. Why do you think it is important to have laws which usually reflect a fairness to others?
Do you think you haven't been influenced by people of faith through the ages. Can you think of one totally atheist culture that operates like ours which was established mostly by Christians escaping England?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310044 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about that - wolves take care of their packs and howl when one goes missing. Sometimes they invite a new wolf into the pack.
Are there no Christians in England? That's news to me. Pretty sure that the members of Church of England consider themselves to be Christians. Lots and lots of blood has been and will be shed in the name of religion.
I do not know of any atheist cultures, do you?
When is the last time you saw one invite a lamb into the pack.

Who said that there were no Christians in England? Didn't you study world history or even American history in school?

China Russia

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#310045 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think Socrates meant by this?
Shortly before his final breath, Socrates described his death as a release of the soul from the body.
PSSTT Ink.. Over here.. Socrates was Pagan and most likely agnostic.

You using Socrates as an example. Would be the same as if I were to use Martin Luther in defense of Judaism.. Off the mark and well, just a tad stupid...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310046 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Laws evolve in social groups, and our species is just better at writing them down. How many laws force people to be kind? Most are just written to help people get along.
Gee, our country was inspired by democracy and a republican form of government, both of which were created by non-christian civilizations. Every civilization and group influences later groups.
<quoted text>
They weren't atheists who came ashore in New England.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min RealDave 1,124,278
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 229,852
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Earthling-1 1,473
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 3 hr Becky 437
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 27,879
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Mary Downformore 201,188
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE