Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311625 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310072 Sep 3, 2013
I was honest:
http://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/Convict_L...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just not true. I expected more honesty from you. Have to go for a while.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#310073 Sep 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Would life not be worth living if it all was random? Or do you think there has to be spiritual entities playing us like pawns in a chess game?
Sometimes the dominoes in life line up perfectly for a horrible, disastrous result. Or sometimes they line up for a thing of rare beauty.
Does it make you feel better, safer, to believe there're somebodies behind the curtain making it all happen?
If one believes that a god controls her life, fine, but for that person to tell others that their existence is meaningless because they don't share that belief is just plain stupid.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310074 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Like kind. Not prey.
I was replying to this comment:
"...do you think you haven't been influenced by people of faith through the ages. Can you think of one totally atheist culture that operates like ours which was established mostly by Christians escaping England?"
So WHY would Christians be escaping England? Ink, think.
I can answer the question part .

The Christians who wanted to WIRSHIP apart from Catholic and the Church of England were bring persecuted ..a great many for having bibles

England didn't want them there..so they set off fir a place they COUKD worship ..the king had. Nothing to lose ..if they died ..Good riddance .

If they made it the king prospered ..But away from Englsnd they COUKD
It corrupt the CHURCH

These people wanted to worship God as they chose to apart from the CHURCH .
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310075 Sep 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If one believes that a god controls her life, fine, but for that person to tell others that their existence is meaningless because they don't share that belief is just plain stupid.
Agree, Elise. Ink has been on a roll lately, telling us all how she really feels. It's not pretty.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310076 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think Socrates meant by this?
Shortly before his final breath, Socrates described his death as a release of the soul from the body.
Since the word soul didnt exist when Socrates was alive, I highly doubt he said that.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#310077 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Without God, as soon as you die your life is over and you will be meaningless. Only your children will remember you for a while.
You acyually don't get to decide anything important like when you are born, whether or not you are healthy, whether or not you can have children, when you die or how long you are remembered.
Now, now, Inky.... Those are some might, boisterous things to claim. Do you have any evidence to support your belief/claim/"truth" ?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#310078 Sep 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, Elise. Ink has been on a roll lately, telling us all how she really feels. It's not pretty.
Even though she has always been obtuse, her true ignorance and her boundless arrogance is unleashed, apparently. Yeesh!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310079 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unable to read . Have problems with comprehension ???
I thought maybe I was pregnAnt ..there was no such thing as a pregnancy test ..I was sixteen..had no idea,what a miscarriage was ..barely in a,about pregnancy. Except if you were,late ..it COULD mean you were pregnant .
There was,NO SEX ED ..WE KNEW VERY LITTLE ABIUT OUR BODIES .
I prayed I was NOT pregnant...I was two weeks late . It took another 2 month and a trip to the doctor to be sure
Again people,cannot comprehend how,different things used to be .
Six years later in order to know if I was,pregnant I had to have a blood test over a,month after I was late ..
And even then the lab said it could be a false result
So praying I was,NOT pregnant ..NO I aS not praying for an abortion.
That word was,not even in common Usage ..despite what people here think .
There were no mass illegal abortions ..You had your baby ...kept it or gave it for adoption ...was the NORM.
THEY had home for unwed mothers that were common.
I asked,

"Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?

Why you're being so incredibly rude is beyond me. This is the third straightforward, clear, direct question I've asked you and again you dodge.

No need to be rude. If you don't want to answer just reply, "I won't answer this question". Sheesh.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310080 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AND,it says,a lot about your mind that this is,what you took from that post ...just sayin
Says a lot about you that you refuse to answer simple questions.

First Q you dodged:

If a pregnancy will be aborted, do you think it better for that abortion to take place sooner or later?

Second Q you dodged:

Do you think it is Pro-Life to continue creating embryos/fetuses with the knowledge they will expire because the MD has told the woman she cannot carry to term?

Now the third Q you are dodging:

Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310081 Sep 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right. The night before my wife went into labor, I'm sure she was ready to "no longer be pregnant ",but there is still a HUGE difference in wanting the pregnancy to be over with, and willingly allowing another person to end the pregnancy by killing the life within the pregnant woman, just as there is a HUGE difference in natural death, and murder.
I forgot you equate abortion to murder.

You think women who have aborted should get the death penalty or life without parole?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310082 Sep 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Even though she has always been obtuse, her true ignorance and her boundless arrogance is unleashed, apparently. Yeesh!
Not a good combo, that's for sure.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310083 Sep 3, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>God hated Esau before he was born????
Where in the Bible can I find that written?
Romans 9
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310084 Sep 3, 2013
Hi STO :)

Good luck, friend!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310085 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did God hate Esau? Where did you get that idea?
Because it is written in Romans Chapter 9 and Malachi Chapter 1.

Why would I tell you why? You wouldn't acknowledge the study, anyhow.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310086 Sep 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
Hi STO :)
Good luck, friend!
Heya Katie : D

I'd be satisfied with a smidge o' honesty.

But luck can't hurt!
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310087 Sep 3, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You used Socrates to make a point about your christian beliefs. That with out belief there is nothing and life is pointless..
Seriously, Inky, you really need to to quit being so ignorant.. it is painful to see..
So again. Socrates was Pagan And most likely Agnostic. Again for the ignorant one.. It is a tad stupid to be using an historical figure that was Not of your religion and two may have had real doubts about Deities anyways..
I know, thinking has never been your long suit, but please do try occasionally..
I don't see any agnostic tendencies. He was clear in his belief of a divine being and a soul.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310088 Sep 3, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a lot about you that you refuse to answer simple questions.
First Q you dodged:
If a pregnancy will be aborted, do you think it better for that abortion to take place sooner or later?
Second Q you dodged:
Do you think it is Pro-Life to continue creating embryos/fetuses with the knowledge they will expire because the MD has told the woman she cannot carry to term?
Now the third Q you are dodging:
Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
One, the SCPL will ALWAYS answer 'not at all'. Two, the SCPL are not interested in 'life'...they are interested in 'being open to life'. Big difference. Three, the SCPL is operating from the assumption that 'God' would never say 'yes' to a prayer for miscarriage. Doesn't fit the script.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310089 Sep 3, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is written in Romans Chapter 9 and Malachi Chapter 1.
Why would I tell you why? You wouldn't acknowledge the study, anyhow.
This is the way many people understand Romans.

It doesn't say anything about God hating Esau in Genesis.

http://bdmsmith.wordpress.com/2009/01/25/gene...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310090 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the way many people understand Romans.
It doesn't say anything about God hating Esau in Genesis.
http://bdmsmith.wordpress.com/2009/01/25/gene...
Even if 'many people' understand the Bible the way YOU do, the fact that your deity has declined to make Himself understood by every living being INCLUDING man, gives the lie to the idea that you worship a loving god.

Your god is punitive, puerile, and prefers his prophets to be persecuted.

Where's the love?

I pity you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#310091 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any agnostic tendencies. He was clear in his belief of a divine being and a soul.
I acknowledge the Divine, in ways you deliberately misunderstand, so that you can justify your God worship. You and I (and apparently Socrates) have vastly differing ideas of what it is to be a soul.

You don't see your underwear before you apply it to your ass in the morning...you just float into it...screw putting YOUR pants on one leg at a time...eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,419,418
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,562
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Trojan 32,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web