Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,359
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 13

Heidenheim, Germany

#309941 Sep 2, 2013
god is the answer

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309942 Sep 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
Standing ovation with thunderous applause!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#309943 Sep 2, 2013
Kenose wrote:
Why the need to capitalize certain words?!?! Looks silly. Sorry.
I capitalize certain words for emphasis. Not that I need to explain my posting style to you or anyone else. Sorry.
Ocean56

AOL

#309944 Sep 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
Spot-on, especially the last statement. What really exposes these militant religionists as hypocrites is the fact that they keep yapping about "smaller government"...UNTIL it comes to women's sexual and reproductive decisions. Then they're all for having the government FORCE women to gestate unwanted pregnancies against their will.

They also seem to get very angry at women who either have only one or two children or even none at all. Obviously, they don't like the idea of women having the freedom to make these choices for ourselves. Too bad for them.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#309945 Sep 2, 2013
Happy smiles wrote:
Elise,hello,God created you. He wanted you to exist. You're special. You're loved. You wouldn't -be- if he didn't special create you during your conception. He controls all. He IS the answer. Without him,we have no meaning here. That's not a peaceful thought not to understand why you are here other. Give him a chance. He will fill your void. He always does. You might be surprised Elise. Unconditional love :-) imagine that? He waits for your response to his calling.
Enjoy your weekend.
Beautifully said and loaded with male pronouns! Patriarchy brainwashing at it's best!

"He controls all"

Enough said.
Ocean56

AOL

#309946 Sep 2, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Beautifully said and loaded with male pronouns! Patriarchy brainwashing at it's best!
"He controls all"
Enough said.
Hi Morgana! Nice to see you over here. You'll find a LOT of patriarchal posters on this thread, I've been here long enough to know.

Gotta go for now. Have a great Labor Day!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309947 Sep 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well on the whole ..there are a lot if churches,and synagogues ...a lot of them very old ..no one would build churches if no one attended ..
Church and synagogue attendance is no measure of morality, Rose. Most of the self-proclaimed 'Christians' I know, only go to church for appearances on Sunday, and are happily engaged in games of 'screw-your-neighbor' the rest of the week.

Most churches are just a venue for a continuous dog-and-pony show, full of hypocrites and backstabbers. Most parishioners are just there to show off their Sunday best, and get a pass on their Monday thru Saturday shenanigans.

Twas ever thus.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309949 Sep 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Church and synagogue attendance is no measure of morality, Rose. Most of the self-proclaimed 'Christians' I know, only go to church for appearances on Sunday, and are happily engaged in games of 'screw-your-neighbor' the rest of the week.
Most churches are just a venue for a continuous dog-and-pony show, full of hypocrites and backstabbers. Most parishioners are just there to show off their Sunday best, and get a pass on their Monday thru Saturday shenanigans.
Twas ever thus.
My first husband's mother is an Atheist, but still goes to church. Her favorite response for everything is "what would people think?", and so my guess is she goes for appearances sake.
Katelynn Drylie

Crownsville, MD

#309950 Sep 2, 2013
dating matchmaking personals single http://tinyurl.com/kdglhrm

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309951 Sep 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't want to believe it..But many settlers,fled here because they did not worship CATHOLIC OR CHURCH OF ENGLAND .
Not only do I believe that, I know it to be the truth, Rose. What your passionate assertion ignores, however, is that just as many settlers fled to this country, to avoid being forced to worship AT ALL. And, that the ones who were trying to escape religious persecution in their countries of origin, immediately began to persecute others for having different religions from themselves. Nearly ALL of the persecutors here, were Christians of one sect or another. The devotees of other religions kept pretty much to themselves, and left everyone else the hell alone. Jews, Santerians, Wiccans, Muslims, and Hindus, were the ones being tarred and feathered - Christians here who received that sort of treatment, were receiving it from THE OTHER CHRISTIANS.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We had prayer in Public school ..And the kids,prayed .
Kids still pray before every test, Rose. They pray on the playground, when the bigger kids give 'em 'that look'. They pray the teacher won't call on them. They pray their friends won't turn on them. Kids in school pray all the time.

The difference now is, the Principal's not the one telling them who to pray to, or what to ask for.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
wHAT gets me is that people think the way it is now is the way it has always been ..it's not..
Yes it is - folks are no worse than we ever were. There are just more of us now. And fewer of us are willing to be hypocrites about it, by pretending that being a churchgoer mitigates bad behavior. So there are a lot fewer folks going to church.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#309952 Sep 2, 2013
++++++++++
Iran, Russia advise Assad to transfer chemical stockpile to Tehran - to avert US attack
Full story: Debka
The Iranian parliamentary delegation visiting Damascus Sunday, Sept. 1, advised Bashar Assad to move his chemical stockpile out of Syria and deposit it in Tehran under Iranian and Russian military supervision, to save himself from an American military strike, Chairman of the Majlis Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ala-Eddin Borujerdi, who headed ...(more)
++++++++==

The above report is a message that Russia and Iran, they telling that they have strengthened the defense systems. Is that so--Are they really good enough?
BUT THE QUESTION IS whether there ARE ANY CHEMICAL WEAPONS IN SYRIA.
Does US want to use chemical weapons subject to trick to act on the neo-Hitler project the New American Century scheme?
When they say the stock piles of chemical weapons are transferred to Iran--that US thinks Syria has chemical weapons, yet whether it is true or not,is still a question.
US insists on that way that Syria has used and has chemical weapons against people, but cannot prove it. So US either does strike Syria or not does it, then US is a loser by either way.
If US does strike, it will face fighting from Syria and maybe around the world. Russia has supplied S-300, S-400 missiles to Syria. With Scud missiles as too old, are they good enough?
It means there will be too much nasty fights that Russia, Iran and Syria are prepared for. But if US just hits Syria with no ground troops and runs, US will not be tolerated by the world as the world is already mad against US. By hitting and running with no showing any proof of finding Syria having chemical weapons would be disastrous for US.
IF US goes all the way by using vast scale of ground troops, can it win or suffer very badly? If US would do long haul war to really get to Syria regime to find out if chemical weapons are there, is it possible? That will get tremendous losses of US, as any people would still be fighting on, against US.
But if US really gets to all of it, and finds out no chemical weapons from Syria regime, that will be the devastating end of US, because whether it is true that the stock piles of chemical weapons are already transferred to Iran--that US will never find out if any chemical weapons ever exist in Syria, or Iran has them as if were put into Iran already.
How do they know if rebels have chemical weapons or not?
Or, it is that rebels or/and US make it up the chemical weapons issue, just to trick others, so that US would step into Middle East about Syria for its neo-Hitler project the New American Century scheme, that people think it is a democratic freedom country in their false belief, as US is really doing its Neo-Hitler Imperialistic Colonial evil radicalism country.
Russia has strengthened the defense system of Iran plus training, even whether US thinks chemical weapons are transferred to Iran, US is afraid to hit Iran.
BUT THE QUESTION IS---ARE THERE ANY CHEMICAL WEAPONS IN SYRIA AND IRAN, or WHEREAS ALREADY TRANSFERRED TO IRAN?
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309953 Sep 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that nasty in real life?
Can you say HEE~PO~KRIT?????

Muffin Top, your attitude on here STEENKS!!!!
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309954 Sep 2, 2013
I should say stINKs!!!

P.S. And you're really really STOO~PID.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309955 Sep 2, 2013
Cotton candy icecream wrote:
I wish we all could understand how much Our Lord loves us. He made us all in his image and likeness. We hold much value ,therefore,and our lives,despite to whom our parents are or how much our earthly parents want us. He didn't create a mistake. Coz sent his only son to pay the price for our sins. He payed a very heavy price. Let peace begin with me. Let us value all life. The baby in the womb is alive. God loves him even if we don't want to. We aren't worthy of we are wanted by another mortal sin er or not. Let's clean up this throw away society. The young. The old.
Two words~~~~~

NO

RELATIVISM
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309956 Sep 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My first husband's mother is an Atheist, but still goes to church. Her favorite response for everything is "what would people think?", and so my guess is she goes for appearances sake.
How many husbands do you have buried in your back yard?
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#309958 Sep 2, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just joking. I do value and respect your opinion
I crack myself up sometimes!!!! lol!
No Relativism

United States

#309959 Sep 2, 2013
Anybody know how Derek is?_________

oooops!

Derek is dead__________

Killed by his own mother
Everette Moates

Crownsville, MD

#309960 Sep 2, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/lrrzprn
Gtown71

United States

#309962 Sep 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, most people claimed a belief in God. Big difference. Most people who claim to live according to their religious tenets are liars and hypocrites. You may not want to admit it, but it was the same back in your beloved fifties and as far back as you can go.
All people are liars and hypocrites.

I've never met a cop that can write a speeding ticket, without being one. On another note, I've been in a place that only has PBS stations, and must admit, I've enjoyed it, and learned much :)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309964 Sep 2, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
"He controls all"
Enough said.
Well put.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Obama is a joke 1,129,118
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Eagle 12 230,884
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr Boohoo 497
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 27,979
loan needed (Dec '13) 4 hr Lillyvet 6
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr Fair Game 1,589
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE