Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,238
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Cotton candy icecream

New York, NY

#309906 Aug 31, 2013
I wish we all could understand how much Our Lord loves us. He made us all in his image and likeness. We hold much value ,therefore,and our lives,despite to whom our parents are or how much our earthly parents want us. He didn't create a mistake. Coz sent his only son to pay the price for our sins. He payed a very heavy price. Let peace begin with me. Let us value all life. The baby in the womb is alive. God loves him even if we don't want to. We aren't worthy of we are wanted by another mortal sin er or not. Let's clean up this throw away society. The young. The old.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#309907 Aug 31, 2013
At some point, we're all "gone". So, your god just uses people and tosses them aside when he can't anymore? Nice deity.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He created you knowing how you would turn out. Perhaps you are here to streghten the faith of believers and when He is through with you, you're gone.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309908 Aug 31, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
At some point, we're all "gone". So, your god just uses people and tosses them aside when he can't anymore? Nice deity.
<quoted text>
The more that these dummies describe their petty and petulant god, the more it is apparent that they are masochistic little sheep.
Ocean56

AOL

#309909 Sep 1, 2013
Cotton candy icecream wrote:
I wish we all could understand how much Our Lord loves us. He made us all in his image and likeness. We hold much value ,therefore,and our lives,despite to whom our parents are or how much our earthly parents want us. He didn't create a mistake. Coz sent his only son to pay the price for our sins. He payed a very heavy price. Let peace begin with me. Let us value all life. The baby in the womb is alive. God loves him even if we don't want to. We aren't worthy of we are wanted by another mortal sin er or not. Let's clean up this throw away society. The young. The old.
BELIEF, not fact. Personally, I wish that militant religionists would learn the difference between the two.

In the U.S., we have the right to freedom FROM religion as well as freedom OF it. That means anyone has the right to reject gods, religions, and churches with no penalties whatsoever. Whether YOU like us having that freedom or not is irrelevant.

Secularism = FREEDOM. No dogmas required.
Kenose

Danielson, CT

#309910 Sep 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
BELIEF, not fact. Personally, I wish that militant religionists would learn the difference between the two.
In the U.S., we have the right to freedom FROM religion as well as freedom OF it. That means anyone has the right to reject gods, religions, and churches with no penalties whatsoever. Whether YOU like us having that freedom or not is irrelevant.
Secularism = FREEDOM. No dogmas required.
Why the need to capitalize certain words?!?! Looks silly. Sorry.

Indianapolis

#309911 Sep 1, 2013
Since neither vocal cues nor italics are available on this site for emphasis, capitalizing certain words is the best way to make one's meaning clearer.
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text> Why the need to capitalize certain words?!?! Looks silly. Sorry.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309913 Sep 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The more that these dummies describe their petty and petulant god, the more it is apparent that they are masochistic little sheep.
I think you nailed it, sister.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#309915 Sep 1, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text> Why the need to capitalize certain words?!?! Looks silly. Sorry.
Nice name. Troll on!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309917 Sep 1, 2013
Hey everyone ..happy labor day weekend ..really quiet today
Rhett

Asheville, NC

#309918 Sep 1, 2013
God is the answer

Atrisco Village

#309919 Sep 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I think you nailed it, sister.
I'm not trashing all Christians, just this particular brand that wallows in the philosophy of fear, self-hatred and penitence. They disgust me.

Atrisco Village

#309920 Sep 1, 2013
Rhett wrote:
God is the answer
Correction: Your god is your answer.

Your welcome.
Happy smiles

New York, NY

#309921 Sep 1, 2013
Elise,hello,God created you. He wanted you to exist. You're special. You're loved. You wouldn't -be- if he didn't special create you during your conception. He controls all. He IS the answer. Without him,we have no meaning here. That's not a peaceful thought not to understand why you are here other. Give him a chance. He will fill your void. He always does. You might be surprised Elise. Unconditional love :-) imagine that? He waits for your response to his calling.

Enjoy your weekend.

Atrisco Village

#309922 Sep 1, 2013
Happy smiles wrote:
Elise,hello,God created you. He wanted you to exist. You're special. You're loved. You wouldn't -be- if he didn't special create you during your conception. He controls all. He IS the answer. Without him,we have no meaning here. That's not a peaceful thought not to understand why you are here other. Give him a chance. He will fill your void. He always does. You might be surprised Elise. Unconditional love :-) imagine that? He waits for your response to his calling.
Enjoy your weekend.
lol, who's stopping him? I'm an agnostic, not an atheist. I've always been open to spiritual paths. Everything you claim is just your opinion, unless you can prove the existence of a god. You may think you are meaningless without a god, but that's not how everyone feels. You may think you can't feel fulfilled without some god, but that's your philosophy, not everyone's. Don't try to project your defects of character onto others, please.

I don't have weekends like traditional workers do but it's going fine. Hope you have a good one, also.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309923 Sep 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not trashing all Christians, just this particular brand that wallows in the philosophy of fear, self-hatred and penitence. They disgust me.
Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309924 Sep 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
Playa,..Christians,who follow scripture do nit believe we will have
dominion on earth ..
I know,some Think this is the way ..But it is not structurally sound .

We do pray that all people,will know God .And to spread the truth of His grace and mercy .individually ..That is what Jesus taught ....one reason he lost popularity is HE DID NOT
preach government over throw ..

Our relationship with Christ is on a one to one basis ...we would like t o see this country once so faithful ..Not throw,Belief out ..belief in God used to be a fabric woven in our culture..as time goes by its not ..But believe it ..it not .? that is no surprise ..nor are we the first ..

The,Evil one believes in God and his greatest tool is convincing otherwise
..But in the end ..when we stand before Him it will be just us one by one .

I pray those who do not believe will find Him .

I try not to argue on Here..it just brings bad words about My Lord ..

But to say Christians ..most of us ..want Dominion is wrong .

We do vote our conscience ..yes ..that's our right..as it I'd yours yo vote yours :)

Indianapolis

#309925 Sep 1, 2013
I'll take "nonexistent deities" for $100, alex!
Rhett wrote:
God is the answer

Atrisco Village

#309926 Sep 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa,..Christians,who follow scripture do nit believe we will have
dominion on earth ..
I know,some Think this is the way ..But it is not structurally sound .
We do pray that all people,will know God .And to spread the truth of His grace and mercy .individually ..That is what Jesus taught ....one reason he lost popularity is HE DID NOT
preach government over throw ..
Our relationship with Christ is on a one to one basis ...we would like t o see this country once so faithful ..Not throw,Belief out ..belief in God used to be a fabric woven in our culture..as time goes by its not ..But believe it ..it not .? that is no surprise ..nor are we the first ..
The,Evil one believes in God and his greatest tool is convincing otherwise
..But in the end ..when we stand before Him it will be just us one by one .
I pray those who do not believe will find Him .
I try not to argue on Here..it just brings bad words about My Lord ..
But to say Christians ..most of us ..want Dominion is wrong .
We do vote our conscience ..yes ..that's our right..as it I'd yours yo vote yours :)
This was never a Christian country and it never will be. Thank God :-)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309927 Sep 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This was never a Christian country and it never will be. Thank God :-)
It's never been a particularly 'moral' country, either...The Andy Griffith Show, and Leave it to Beaver, notwithstanding.

Look at all the dirty little wars we've been engaged in for the last sixty years....What was the last war we won?

"God" hasn't exactly been on our side in any of them...unless you count all the profit we've made off the misery of other countries.

If this country worships anything, it's Mammon - not God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309928 Sep 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This was never a Christian country and it never will be. Thank God :-)
I said belief in God was woven inti the fabric of this country ..it was,.

I did not say we had a state religion .

Big difference .

Most of the people on here have said they grew up in some kind of believing in God family .

In the fifties most believed in God . Or at least some in their families,did .

In the century before,was,more belief ..it was here,Elise ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min James 236,806
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min PolakPotrafi 1,206,422
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 min Fair Game 4,942
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 hr Nine Ball 201,794
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Trojan 29,271
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web