Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311622 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309690 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you mean by Divine. Wicca is a rejection of the one true God.
Christianity is a rejection of the Divine.

Next...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309691 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but it wasn't pertinent to the original point. That's a completely different topic, for a different thread. You both missed the original point. That's okay. In your case, it's expected. You're not a smart person. Rosesz just lost track, which is different.
Blunder blithely on, friend. You're entertaining.
Somebody has to contribute some thing to this thread and you don't so right now I have to dumb down the conversation to cats and how much smarter they are then the folks like yourself. I would rather talk about Syria but you guys probably don't know where that is or what's happening.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#309692 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I read the news and lots of different editorials, probably too much. It's not a topic for this thread, imo. There are a ton of forums on Topix to go to to discuss that.
I know,..Was actually responding to your post to reassure you ..on the comment YOU brought up Elise .
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309693 Aug 28, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, so many things wrong with some of your posts regarding "your" cat that I don't know where to start, but I'll try.
You don't own your cat, not in his mind.
A cat plays with their prey to spike adrenaline which makes the food tastier. Leaving it for you is likely considered a gift to you.
Your table is a scratching surface and unless he has other better places to do something that's instinctive, he'll go with whatever seems easier and convenient. What does a cat need of material possessions? Your table is about as important to him as snowfall in Alaska.
As far as intelligence, I suspect your cat shows or tries to show his emotions by his tail, ears, fur, whiskers and meows. He's "talking" but you aren't listening. Get yourself a book on trying to understand cats. All of them have different personalities but once you don't anthropomorphize your friend, you'll get along better.
Some people and perhaps including you, really shouldn't be feline or canine caregivers.
Another nut who thinks that cats have equal intelligence with humans. After 2 hours , I am about to agree that in some cases, like you, you may be right.

Next time my cat balances my checking account, I'll let you know. LOL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309694 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I read the news and lots of different editorials, probably too much. It's not a topic for this thread, imo. There are a ton of forums on Topix to go to to discuss that.
But Aish.com is a good source to get a view on things that affect that part of the world and social issues .

That article gives good insight into the policies you were worried about

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309695 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that they have different emotions. I will be happy to repost my comment.
Don't bother. Here it is:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot conscience and an array of other emotional feelings..

No, we didn't. We pointed out that conscience, and that 'array of other emotional feelings' are expressed differently by cats, than people.

It's okay that you have a hard time accepting it - no one expects you to be able to comprehend it.

Did you try the hot sauce?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#309696 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Junket
Long time no see.
Agree on your cat points .
Thing is they crave attention..But only on Their terms ..Lol
Greetings RoSe!

In that respect, they *are* like people.
And like people, they can get bored and lonely. Unsure what to do when they're elderly, sick and terminal. We have no problem euthanizing them, why can't we extend the same courtesy to homo sapiens? With their permission, of course.

Personally I don't fear dying as much as I fear lingering in pain and wishing "God" would just kill me. Legally speaking, my sick goose won't be cooked until I take my last long exhaling breath and am legally declared - she's gone, may she rest in peace.

That make sense to you? I wouldn't wish that on enemy, let alone someone I love.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309697 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I can finally see that you and bitner have intelligence and emotion on par with a ground hog or a skunk.
I don't what took me so long. Guess I just didn't want to see it.
Now I would like to talk to people who have human intelligence.
You don't have the human intelligence you seek to engage with...obviously....since you can't recognize it when it's staring you in the face...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309698 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Her cat gets feed, dirties her house with dead animals, ruins her furniture, has her scoop its poop, disrespects her, even though she claims to be more intelligent than it. Lol, her cat has her wrapped!
No he was so smart, I taught him to scoop his own poop. You have to draw the line.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309699 Aug 28, 2013
Now here is the reaction I think is,appropriate
http://f.cl.ly/items/313h2b0N023R030H0M33/lol...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#309700 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Another nut who thinks that cats have equal intelligence with humans. After 2 hours , I am about to agree that in some cases, like you, you may be right.
Next time my cat balances my checking account, I'll let you know. LOL
Who said anything about equal? Different. But guess what Ink, if you were forced out in the wild with just your wits and no other provisions, how long do you think you would survive? I would give you a couple of days at best, possibly as long as a week. Depends on whether you know what berries to eat, where to find water, etc.- but chances are excellent your survival skills would not equal one of a cat.

You also wouldn't need to worry about your checking account - and speaking of - you've brought that up twice - is that a problem for you? If so, there's software that can help.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309701 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Oh the topix police. I guess she is in charge of the acceptable tipics. What can we talk about?
Very well, silly girl, I grant you permission to "talk about" whatever you like (eye roll.) You have made it abundantly clear that you are incapable of intelligent discussion, my dear dense friend, but do your little best.(This should be good, lol)

Apparently, you haven't noticed, this thread hasn't been a serious forum in a long time. Wake up, hon.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309702 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody has to contribute some thing to this thread and you don't so right now I have to dumb down the conversation to cats and how much smarter they are then the folks like yourself. I would rather talk about Syria but you guys probably don't know where that is or what's happening.
Here you go...Talk about it to your heart's content.

http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2013/08/1308...

You brought up animals, and wondered why they don't respect you. If you didn't want to talk about it, you should have kept your opinion on that topic to yourself.

Stupid sow.

Location hidden

#309703 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Good try, honey, but, oh, so lame. Huge fail.

Location hidden

#309704 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,..Was actually responding to your post to reassure you ..on the comment YOU brought up Elise .
Okay, consider me reassured.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309705 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go...Talk about it to your heart's content.
http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2013/08/1308...
You brought up animals, and wondered why they don't respect you. If you didn't want to talk about it, you should have kept your opinion on that topic to yourself.
Stupid sow.
No I didn't. You have a memory like a sieve. I brought up the question of why you think animals and humans are different mentally and emotionally. You and others have finally convinced me that there is no difference in some cases, like yours.

My cat and I get along just fine, thank you very much. Thirteen years now.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309706 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
Perhaps your cat was FEELING anxious about something.

Perhaps you should have jaxson galaxy come help you. If you've not seen the show "my cat from hell" I highly recommend it.

Location hidden

#309707 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But Aish.com is a good source to get a view on things that affect that part of the world and social issues .
That article gives good insight into the policies you were worried about
I learned a long time ago that there's no point in worrying about something of which I have no control. It makes for a much more productive and useful life. I do need to keep abreast of what's happening, though. I'll add your site to my already long list of suggested reading. Thanks.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309708 Aug 28, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about equal? Different. But guess what Ink, if you were forced out in the wild with just your wits and no other provisions, how long do you think you would survive? I would give you a couple of days at best, possibly as long as a week. Depends on whether you know what berries to eat, where to find water, etc.- but chances are excellent your survival skills would not equal one of a cat.
You also wouldn't need to worry about your checking account - and speaking of - you've brought that up twice - is that a problem for you? If so, there's software that can help.
That is what it has been twisted into.

This what I said

Ink wrote:
Why do you think that animals are created mentally and emotionally different?

Nobody ever answered they just went on a tangent about humans not being superior.
Totally nonsensical comments.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#309709 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on your definition of 'superior'. I'm pretty sure your cat's intelligence in matters that matter to your cat, is superior to your intelligence in matters which matter to you...for instance: your cat isn't wasting his time trying to figure out why other cats don't agree with him.
Ain't no kitty got time for that!!
lmfao! That puts it in perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min SOS 1,418,784
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr BFL 32,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 17 hr Earthling-1 10,065
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Thu Eagle 12 256,555
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web