Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313388 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309655 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I'm saying is that for an all powerful, all knowing being that created everything and has a "vast, eternal plan", everything is included. To deny that what you don't like is included, is just you trying to have your cake AND eat it too.
Does that Ink woman deliberately misunderstand everything she reads or does she truly lack reading skills?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309656 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be His plan for you to reject Him and for me to accept Him. If so, I am sure He has His reasons for this.
Which has nothing to do with the point, Witless.

My rejection of your religion does not equal a rejection of the Divine, by the way.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309657 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, you didn't say "limited" when it came to emotions, so your assertion was wrong, wasn't it?
Two, prove their emotions are "limited". Simply repeating it, is not proof.
Neither is your lame attempt to be insulting.
This is exactly what I said before you got your twist on it, Twister.

"Tell me though, do you think there is any reason for us to be here and be different mentality and emotionally from animals? "
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309658 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop deflecting. Prove your claim.
You are beyond help and boring.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309659 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I did already amd so did Playa. We agree that my cat has no ability to take my feelings into consideration.
Whoa there, Dinkwad - you say he has no ability to do so. I say he has no desire to do so.

Two different things.

Next time you put words in my mouth, choke on them.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309660 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Once more for the stupid girl: He APPRECIATES mice. He respects himself.
You are incapable of abstract thought...whoever you are.
The mouse is dead for no good reason thanks to the cat's appreciation and respect.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309661 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the cat doesn't have the capacity to respect other life forms or be able to show appreciation?
I'm saying the cat has the capacity to show respect. He has the capacity to show appreciation. He just doesn't respect or appreciate the same things you do.

I don't blame him. I don't respect or appreciate the same stuff as you, either. Doesn't mean I consider you less than human.

(There are other reasons I consider you less than a cat)

*wink*

Location hidden

#309662 Aug 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article ..the part about the Pres.
Obama,is,Not sending troops,inti Syria,
And from.what I heard no one is,,sure who let off the nerve gas,..COUKD have been Al Quada.
So who will we bomb .
Will he do it just to show,SOMEONE??,crossed a line
He's,a,politician ..you're surprised by this??
You. Missed. The. Point.

-sigh- never mind. Carry on.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309663 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that humans have superior intelligence?
Depends on your definition of 'superior'. I'm pretty sure your cat's intelligence in matters that matter to your cat, is superior to your intelligence in matters which matter to you...for instance: your cat isn't wasting his time trying to figure out why other cats don't agree with him.

Ain't no kitty got time for that!!

Location hidden

#309664 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The mouse is dead for no good reason thanks to the cat's appreciation and respect.
omg, you're really dense, Ink. Hilarious!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309665 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The cat's reasons were perfectly good. Unfortunately for you, you don't get to arbitrate what your cat sees as 'good' or 'bad'.

Poor thing.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#309666 Aug 28, 2013
Ebright wrote:
I will go to Iraq next month, God, please bless me.
Don't go.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309667 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with the point, Witless.
My rejection of your religion does not equal a rejection of the Divine, by the way.
Depends on what you mean by Divine. Wicca is a rejection of the one true God.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309668 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The cat's reasons were perfectly good. Unfortunately for you, you don't get to arbitrate what your cat sees as 'good' or 'bad'.
Poor thing.
I don't care what the cat sees as good or bad, not that he can make that distinction. My concern is your lack of ability to realize that cats and people are different.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309669 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on your definition of 'superior'. I'm pretty sure your cat's intelligence in matters that matter to your cat, is superior to your intelligence in matters which matter to you...for instance: your cat isn't wasting his time trying to figure out why other cats don't agree with him.
Ain't no kitty got time for that!!
You are Sister Twister.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309670 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You. Missed. The. Point.
-sigh- never mind. Carry on.
I think her point is more important than your's.

Do you even know what she is talking about?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309671 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa there, Dinkwad - you say he has no ability to do so. I say he has no desire to do so.
Two different things.
Next time you put words in my mouth, choke on them.
So you are saying that he does have the ability to consider the feelings of other species. Are those your words? Do you also believe that cats could be a CEO and run a company if they chose too. WINK

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309672 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you mean by Divine. Wicca is a rejection of the one true God.
No, it's not.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#309674 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
Ink, so many things wrong with some of your posts regarding "your" cat that I don't know where to start, but I'll try.

You don't own your cat, not in his mind.

A cat plays with their prey to spike adrenaline which makes the food tastier. Leaving it for you is likely considered a gift to you.

Your table is a scratching surface and unless he has other better places to do something that's instinctive, he'll go with whatever seems easier and convenient. What does a cat need of material possessions? Your table is about as important to him as snowfall in Alaska.

As far as intelligence, I suspect your cat shows or tries to show his emotions by his tail, ears, fur, whiskers and meows. He's "talking" but you aren't listening. Get yourself a book on trying to understand cats. All of them have different personalities but once you don't anthropomorphize your friend, you'll get along better.

Some people and perhaps including you, really shouldn't be feline or canine caregivers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#309675 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that does nothing to prove animals don't have emotions.
Cats,get catty ..really and angry ..why they do things to get attention.
And bringing us road kill to be nice

But the dog !!! If daddy leaves ..esp now that he's home a the time???

She's,almost heart broken ...has to look outside.

Then she mopes..when he comes home she's happy

And frightened ...thunder scares her ..

They most certainly HavE emotions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 1,498,044
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 min Reality 11,054
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr OrderPhartse 32,758
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 23 Worker 289
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Feb 21 TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Feb 21 waaasssuuup 258,484
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web