Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,889
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309612 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing something? Is that the only time people feel sorrow, Idiot? You talk about an array of emotions, and that's the only example you can come up with?
It's also NOT proof. Prove other animals don't feel emotions.
And you never answered my other question. When you say different mentally, what exactly do YOU mean?
I gave a couple of examples they are more. I already mention my own cat playing with it's dying prey and then not even eating it.

Also having no regard for my personal property when I feed and shelter him. No remorse at all for destroying some thing of mine.

Mentally--inteligence. I do see any cats developing software for IBM.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309613 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I'm saying is that for an all powerful, all knowing being that created everything and has a "vast, eternal plan", everything is included. To deny that what you don't like is included, is just you trying to have your cake AND eat it too.
So you are agreeing with what I said. God wants you to do horrid things? It is part of His plan?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309614 Aug 28, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patronizing only works when you know what you're talking about. Otherwise you come off sounding even less intelligent than you really are, babe.
Good advice - why didn't you follow it...sugartits?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309615 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I'm saying is that for an all powerful, all knowing being that created everything and has a "vast, eternal plan", everything is included. To deny that what you don't like is included, is just you trying to have your cake AND eat it too.
She knows. She's just really fond of cake.

:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309616 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whether or not you have children but if you do I am sure that in your mind you have a plan or a desire for them to be loving successful and happy. They unfortunately may not follow your plan for them. You may even know that they won't but it would be their choice.
One, that's not a plan, that's a hope.

Two, who here is claiming to be an omniscient, omnipotent being the created the universe and everything in it?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309617 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are agreeing with what I said. God wants you to do horrid things? It is part of His plan?
No, you're just witless.

I'm saying that everything that is, must be part of the plan of an omniscient, omnipotent being that created everything. To deny that, just because the subject is something YOU disapprove of, is just you trying to have it both ways.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309618 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way, you completely witless woman.....delight and pride are what? That's right, Imbecile, they are emotions.
That emotion seems to be misguided and inappropriate. Can you imagine if a person showed such pride and delight for toruring and killing a dog or a cat, we would have him under observation because he is showing early signs of a serial killer.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#309619 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You are wrong. The concept of free will does not negate my point, which was merely that everything must be part of the plan for an all powerful, all knowing being that created everything.
No, everything need not be part of his plan at all. Only if that plan is as YOU describe it. Knowledge of does not equal control of. An omnipotent deity can create beings with free will. His omniscience allows him to know what that being's choices will be but he can very well choose to not exercise his omnipotence to control the choices that being makes. Simple concept.
You sound extremely dense by failing to grasp it.
Yes, strawman. You are arguing with me about a point I haven't made.
That's exactly the point you made.....that everything that happens as a result of his creation must be part of his plan. Don't tell me I'm arguing a point you haven't made.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309620 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
I thought you claimed that animals don't have emotions, Witless?

Again, you're trying to have it both ways.

Do they, or don't they have emotions?

And AGAIN, when you say humans are "different mentally" than animals, what do you mean by that?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309621 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The difference being, of course, that I'm not 'god'.
Omnicient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, I ain't....and never claimed to be.
Next...
Okay then just disregard the analogy since you can't see the parallel.

As long as I understand it, that's all that matters.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309622 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
Your cat was designed to torture that mouse, by his Creator. It's in his nature. His enjoyment of that, is...wait for it....AN EMOTION. His pride in his ability to hunt and eat is...hold the phone...it's coming slowly...AN EMOTION.

He's proven that he doesn't need you to feed him... dirtied your home, but you still keep him around. What's to respect?

Tell you what: Spray the legs of furniture you don't want your cat to chew on, with a bit of hot sauce. The hottest you can find.

He'll respect that, I promise.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#309623 Aug 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Besides, weren't these kids buying Hannah Montana merchandise? She was playing a teen role. That character pretty much died out a while ago, I think. Cyrus grew up and is doing what she wants. For example, ever listen to some of Justin Timberlake's lyrics? Pretty raunchy, for a teen idol. Oh, wait! He grew up and is doing what he wants! Gotta love the double standard. Like you pointed out, don't watch her, listen to her or buy her stuff. Living in a free society isn't for some people, apparently.
Don't like him either..no double standard ..I don't like the guy who was with her either ..he did himself no service ..Alan thicks,son???

just commenting because,e SHE is,in the news this,week .

Has,an effect on young girls,..did an AWFUL performance ..

Kids watched be because,their idol was,on ...

This,forum has,been discussing young girls,and hopefully them NOT
getting pregnant from reckless behaviour .And at least on my part discussing hoe these performers,could help!!!

It's,not a new,subject ..Not meant to put down women ..

I think all these Hollywood folks they look up to..who make money from them ...should make PSAs...do something ..the MALE and female stars ..the rappers,
The ones who kids,like to ..

Stuff like this,doesn't help .

Did you see any videos. You think it was a good performance ..???

This,wasn't just raunchy ..it was,HORRID .one can be an adult without this,kind of crazy

AND for reasons,I don't quite understand ..has some overtones
At least one columnist finds offensive and not just to kids and parents
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...

Location hidden

#309624 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, what you're saying is, that god plans for us to sin.
Not what she's saying at all. In fact nothing in her post even suggests that's what she's saying. God gives you free will. You can choose to sin or not. The fact that he knows ( he has to as he is omniscient)in no way means he planned or dictated that you must sin.
Some deity you have there - He plans for his 'ultimate creation' to screw up, so he can throw us into the fiery furnace for it....unless we pucker up and buss his behind, in gratitude for 'saving us from ourselves'...as he created us.
Please.
You can keep him, Rose.
I'll stick with my own, thanks.
You have the reasoning skills of a child. He didn't plan for his ultimate creation to screw up any more than he planned for his ultimate creation to choose the path of righteousness, if in fact that is what they chose to do. If you acknowledge that this deity is omnipotent then how could it be possible that he could NOT create a being with free will ? If he couldn't then he would not be omnipotent.
The fact that an omnipotent God might then choose NOT to exercise his omnipotence and NOT control your choices is a fact your limited reasoning skills will not allow you to grasp.

You're very superficial, hon.

Location hidden

#309625 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good advice - why didn't you follow it...sugartits?
I followed it precisely.....flapjacktits.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309626 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, that's not a plan, that's a hope.
Two, who here is claiming to be an omniscient, omnipotent being the created the universe and everything in it?
I don't know who is claiming to be omniscient ant omnipotent?

From the book 'God of the Possible'

“God can and does predetermine and foreknow whatever he wants to about the future. Indeed, God is so confident in his sovereignty that he does not need to micromanage everything. He could if he wanted to, but this would demean his sovereignty. So he chooses to leave some of the future open to possibilities, allowing them to be resolved by free agents. It takes a greater God to steer a world populated with free agents than it does to steer a world of preprogrammed automatons…The God of the possible creates the “Choose Your Own Adventure” structure of world history and of our lives, within which the possibilities of human free choice are actualized…A God who knows all possibilities, experiences novelty, and is willing to engage in an appropriate element of risk is more exalted than a God who faces an eternally settled future.”
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309627 Aug 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your cat was designed to torture that mouse, by his Creator. It's in his nature. His enjoyment of that, is...wait for it....AN EMOTION. His pride in his ability to hunt and eat is...hold the phone...it's coming slowly...AN EMOTION.
He's proven that he doesn't need you to feed him... dirtied your home, but you still keep him around. What's to respect?
Tell you what: Spray the legs of furniture you don't want your cat to chew on, with a bit of hot sauce. The hottest you can find.
He'll respect that, I promise.
Are you saying that the cat doesn't have the capacity to respect other life forms or be able to show appreciation?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309628 Aug 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you claimed that animals don't have emotions, Witless?
Again, you're trying to have it both ways.
Do they, or don't they have emotions?
And AGAIN, when you say humans are "different mentally" than animals, what do you mean by that?
Compared to the human range of emotions and and interactions, they are extremely limited, and usually pertain to survival

Location hidden

#309629 Aug 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, because if he knows what you are going to do before you are even born, then you have no choice in the matter--that action is pre-ordained and you can't make any other choice.
Wrong. His knowledge does not equate to control. You are not pre ordained to any choice. You are still free to make any choice you want. The fact that he knows what that choice will be does not negate your free will.
How could an omnipotent being NOT be able to create a being with free will ? If you agree that he cannot then you are acknowledging he is not omnipotent. Can't have it both ways.

You may think you are making a choice, but you really have no other options; you must perform that action.
<quoted text>
No you MUST not. He is not guiding or controlling your action . You are still free to choose. The fact that he knows what choice you will make ( being omniscient how could he not ?} does not negate your freedom to choose.
Try to think a little bit deeper than 1+1=2.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309630 Aug 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That emotion seems to be misguided and inappropriate. Can you imagine if a person showed such pride and delight for toruring and killing a dog or a cat, we would have him under observation because he is showing early signs of a serial killer.
Your opinion of whether or not your cat's emotions are appropriate are beside the point, just another lame deflection from you. The fact is, your assertion that animals don't have emotions, was wrong, wasn't it?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309631 Aug 28, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, everything need not be part of his plan at all. Only if that plan is as YOU describe it. Knowledge of does not equal control of. An omnipotent deity can create beings with free will. His omniscience allows him to know what that being's choices will be but he can very well choose to not exercise his omnipotence to control the choices that being makes. Simple concept.
You sound extremely dense by failing to grasp it.
<quoted text>
That's exactly the point you made.....that everything that happens as a result of his creation must be part of his plan. Don't tell me I'm arguing a point you haven't made.
Your strawman was in insisting free will is part of my point. It is not.

"His omniscience allows him to know what that being's choices will be but he can very well choose to not exercise his omnipotence to control the choices that being makes."

And such a lack of action would ALSO be part of his plan, then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min mike tirico 29,052
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Jose can u c 1,189,274
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min actorvet 235,542
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 2 hr mike tirico 68
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr LonePalm 4,053
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr HitMan 201,354
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) 15 hr stewart scott 4
More from around the web