Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318292 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309465 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha, this post proves that your post yesterday:
Bitner
“Blessed Be”
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#309283 23 hrs ago
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
We can start by requiring that anyone who is physically able to work either:
1) be employed
2) seeking employment
3) going to school to train for employment
4) accept any job that is offered (they can seek a more desired job while they are working)
Do you have proof that 2 and 4 aren't required for anyone on Food Stamps?
was nothing more that creating an argument just to have an argument. Numbers 2 & 4 are not required.
The requirements didn't mention whether or not "seeking employment" was required, just that being CURRENTLY employed or in training may not be, depending on state. Which ALSO means, of course, that it MAY be, depending on state. But, it doesn't mention seeking employment at all.

Try again?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309466 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you like me to address?
What part of "the rest of my post" do you NOT understand?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309467 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"May" is not a requirement.
"May" was only used in relation to being currently employed OR in training. The requirements didn't say anything about "seeking employement" one way or the other, Dishonest One.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309468 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from the person who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "may"........LOL
LOL, THIS coming from the person who can't be honest enough to acknowledge that not requiring someone to CURRENTLY be employed is NOT the same as not requiring them to "seek employement".

If you don't want to answer, just say so. This sidestep of yours is fooling no one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309469 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is stuck on this world and that is not what it is ultimately about.
The plan is for all God's children to spend eternity with Him. How you love God and others will determine if that happens. Your choice.
I'm sorry that you don't get it.
What the final part of the plan is, is not relevant to my point. Everything is part of the plan, good and bad. You can't have it both ways.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309471 Aug 26, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of free will evades you. If he were to prevent it regardless of how pwerful he was it would negate free will.
Being omnipotent and knowing what choices will be made does not mean he mean those choices made from free will were part of his plan.
Your intelligence and ability to grasp even the most basic of philosophical concepts is laughably limited.
"The concept of free will evades you."

No, it does not. But it's ALSO irrelevant to my point, and does not negate said point. Which is that for an omniscient, omnipotent being that created everything, everything is part of their plan, or it wouldn't exist. What we choose to do about things has nothing to do with it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309472 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, those aren't the women that I am talking about. Everyone needs help at one time or anoter but we were discussing women who were raised on welfare as children, continue to raise their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren in the same sad environment. Just some of my thoughts on how to change it.
And how do YOU know which women those are? So far you've given nothing to show, just a link to one MAN without children who was obviously, at least partially, lying.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309473 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, those aren't the women that I am talking about. Everyone needs help at one time or anoter but we were discussing women who were raised on welfare as children, continue to raise their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren in the same sad environment. Just some of my thoughts on how to change it.
And I'm not the one arguing that they shouldn't have assistance while raising their children, or getting an education, am I?

Sue was the one who was against it, remember?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309475 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What the final part of the plan is, is not relevant to my point. Everything is part of the plan, good and bad. You can't have it both ways.
Then your plan and God's plan are different. It is what it is. It doesn't change just because you don't understand it.
worships reality

United States

#309476 Aug 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad as the fact is young girls have older boyfriends ..he did not force her ..But she was too young .
Allow her? To have the baby .
yes, supposedly pro choice cpedro is a proponent of forced abortion. The mutt also celebrates with glee, each and every abortion.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309477 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do YOU know which women those are? So far you've given nothing to show, just a link to one MAN without children who was obviously, at least partially, lying.
Which women who are? I don't know who you are talking about.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309478 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm not the one arguing that they shouldn't have assistance while raising their children, or getting an education, am I?
Sue was the one who was against it, remember?
I don't know where you jumped in or what your point is.
worships reality

United States

#309479 Aug 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to get on your merry-go-round. You can ignore the car accident/driver analogy all you want. You can pretend to've never read it here. You can even pretend your perspective on this is accurate based on what you pulled from Ask dot com.

I saw no accident analogy. but if you want one here goes --- if I wilfully decide to drive recklessly and as a result of my recless driving my passenger dies, then that death, intended or not., is a direct result of my willful decision to drive recklessly.
I know the medical definition of pregnancy means a fertilized egg has implanted. It happens with mammals. Fertilized eggs implanting. Pregnancy. The definition does not claim this is the direct result of a willful act. It does not specify whether pregnancy was intended or not. It just states a fertilized egg has implanted.
However, even you overlook what the site Ask dot com stated and that was when pregnancy happens even without penetration. And it does happen since the sperm moves upward and lives for 3 days.
Do you wish to bypass medically treating drivers/accident victims and "punish" them for the rest of their lives because they chose to get into a vehicle and drive? Since we all know you don't, I'll continue believing you wish to "punish" pregnant women because you wish to bypass medically treating their unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies.
the definition of pregnancy is irrelevant. unless rape was involved, the pregnancy, intended or not was still a direct result of the willful decision to engage in sexual activity.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309480 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your plan and God's plan are different. It is what it is. It doesn't change just because you don't understand it.
I said nothing about my plan.

I understand it just fine. It's YOU who is trying to have it both ways.

Damn, you're dumb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309481 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Which women who are? I don't know who you are talking about.
LOL, you are so stupid, it sit on you like second skin. If you can't follow along any better than this, why are you even here?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309482 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say if you don't want children, don't get pregnant.
Another liberal not having a child is probably a good thing for the country.
As if you know what is best for this country! Spare us another one of your arrogant, baseless claims.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309483 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you jumped in or what your point is.
And this is why I call you Witless. No one can have a "thoughtful discussion" with someone who can't even keep track of what's being said.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309484 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The people on here who don't see the possibility of getting out of poverty and off assistance are the people who would never, themselves make the effort so they don't realize others would and do. They also see women as victims of everything and thing they have a right to blame everything and everybody for their problems.
More idiotic blanket statements.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309485 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The people on here who don't see the possibility of getting out of poverty and off assistance are the people who would never, themselves make the effort so they don't realize others would and do. They also see women as victims of everything and thing they have a right to blame everything and everybody for their problems.
There is no one here who has said, or implied that it's never possible to get off assistance. What has been said is that there is not simple cut and dry solution, which is what you people pretend there is.

Do you KNOW if anyone on here has ever been on any kind of assistance, and what they did, or didn't do about it, Liar? No, you don't. You're just making shit up.

And WHO on here has said they think women "have a right to blame everything and everybody for their problems", Liar?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#309486 Aug 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, while she has small children at home she needs to do another type of work, maybe she can be a school nurse, maybe she can do private duty nursing, maybe she can take classes to get her BSN.
Maybe she should have thought about how she was going to support children BEFORE she got pregnant.
Sue, when you were pregnant did you think about the future? How to support your child? Ideally children *are* planned, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Seems to me that you are making an argument for aborting? As well as I *know* you, I don't think that was your intent. If you think that you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and made do and raised a child(ren), thank you very much, without help - kudos to you. However, each situation is unique. Some young women don't have resources and don't have any ability to better themselves.

Is there abuse of our charitable nation. Sure. Lots of evidence, but the alternative - turning backs - is worse, so much worse.

Do you remember the Olympics - 1996?

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ar...

There was more. Some restaurant owners poured bleach in their dumpsters to discourage the hungry.

What a world. Criminalizing abortion should be the least of anyone's worries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,619,013
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Mothra 11,651
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Trojan 34,438
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web