Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309359 Aug 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the,Unions who hammered their members to vote .Dem...are disgusted
The new,law means hours cut ..oh and dues per hour paid to the honchos .
As usual the working guy gets,the shaft ..from Uncle and his policies
UPS and another large company have already announced that they are dropping health care benefits for spouses. Good job Obama!
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309360 Aug 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you be any more obtuse?
You suggest women get professional training for a well-paid career, before they have children, as if every woman in the world has the aptitude for a profession. As if every woman in the world knows in advance of her first sexual encounter, what she wants to do with her life, and is willing to take on thousands of dollars in student loan debt to get training.
You're the ridiculous one, lady.
Maybe she should get her priorities straight.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309361 Aug 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't know what manna-entrenched place you live, but in this city any job opening has at least 50 applicants. As a friend put it, yo9u can't gt a job as a grocery bagger without a college degree. What are the other 49 people supposed to live on?
<quoted text>
I have eleven grandchildren over the age of sixteen in three different states and they are all working. Most are working and attending college. Of course their parents and grandparents also have jobs or careers, so a work ethic can be learned through example. We need parents to expect more of their children.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309362 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately most Dems don't want to get people off the rolls. They depend upon and perpetuate the "victim" mentality.
I don't understand why. wouldn't we be a better stronger country if we promoted self reliance, strong families and a good work ethic? Is it just to get votes with promises of the status quo with no expectations for them to contribute to their own life?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309363 Aug 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous. So anyone who doesn't believe in Santa Clause can't talk about Santa Clause? People can't discuss the paranormal if they don't believe in ghosts? People can't discuss Communism unless they follow Communism? And so people who don't believe the bible can't discuss the bible?
You can be quite foolish.
You should have at least a working knowledge of the subject if you want to discuss it, don't you think. He/she didn't and didn't want one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309364 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think so little of women?
Why do you have so little compassion for those of us who barely graduate high school?

Not everyone is cut out for college...nor does everyone who thinks they are, make it all the way through. Why should everyone have to hang the yoke of crushing debt around their neck, if they know college is beyond their capabilities?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309365 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately most Dems don't want to get people off the rolls. They depend upon and perpetuate the "victim" mentality.
Unfortunately most Repubs have been using that canard as an excuse for slashing the social safety net, since it was put into place.

It's crap.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309366 Aug 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Freedom can take any turn. All I know is that He is always there when we need help.
Yep - that is the full and complete extent of 'what you know'

Congratulations.

Next...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#309367 Aug 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why. wouldn't we be a better stronger country if we promoted self reliance, strong families and a good work ethic? Is it just to get votes with promises of the status quo with no expectations for them to contribute to their own life?
It's a matter of supply and demand. The Dems have to create a demand for what they want to supply.

Here's an example:

Al Sharpton has to keep fueling the fire of racism. If he allows the fire to die, he becomes obsolete. Now I'm in no way implying that there is no racism, there is. However there is racism within all races and against all races. Why doe he only focus on select racism?

Location hidden

#309368 Aug 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have so little compassion for those of us who barely graduate high school?
Not everyone is cut out for college...nor does everyone who thinks they are, make it all the way through. Why should everyone have to hang the yoke of crushing debt around their neck, if they know college is beyond their capabilities?
Why were you barely able to graduate?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#309369 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's a lot to go through in just a few weeks. The part that amused me was "She threw a helluva temper-tantrum with her CNA last night because she "wants to get the f*ck out of here and go home...NOW!". Too often when an elderly person breaks a hip they get discouraged (because of the length of time it takes to heal)and then they give up. The fact that she still has her spunk is great. With your Dad, he wants to fight so that he can take care of your Mom and that's great motivation for him. I never meant to make light of the situation in any way, and I apologize if my post came across that way.
Hah-hah!

No worries "Sue," I didn't take your post to be anything other than as you'd meant it.
Did you not see the "winkie" face I'd posted?

Just saw them an hour and a half ago.
Mom's turned into a "crotchety-old-lady! "
I said as much to her; she did nothing but complain about Dad, how "smug" he was, and how she giggled when his nurse said to him, "I've already heard your stories..."
I'm thinking, "all you've seen of one another is a few hours a day and already you're "bitching" about him...?
Eh, she's still angry that she's got to be sent to a secondary "rehab" facility and can't go home yet. Fortunately, this facility is just three minutes away from my job, and two minutes away from their house.

Gotta take it day-by-day.
In the process of attempting to "clean" their house enough that the personal P-T person who shows up there won't immediately bolt down the block screaming about the "horrid" conditions these folks are living in--the place is a wreck!

Anyhow, best as always my friend,

John.

Location hidden

#309370 Aug 25, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah-hah!
No worries "Sue," I didn't take your post to be anything other than as you'd meant it.
I said as much to her; she did nothing but complain about Dad, how "smug" he was, and how she giggled when his nurse said to him, "I've already heard your stories..."
I'm thinking, "all you've seen of one another is a few hours a day and already you're "bitching" about him...?
Eh, she's still angry that she's got to be sent to a secondary "rehab" facility and can't go home yet. Fortunately, this facility is just three minutes away from my job, and two minutes away from their house.
In the process of attempting to "clean" their house enough that the personal P-T person who shows up there won't immediately bolt down the block screaming about the "horrid" conditions these folks are living in--the place is a wreck!
John.
Thanks John, sometimes it's hard to read "intent" and things can be easily misconstrued. Your "feisty" parents have a great son. In the midst of all this don't forget to take care of yourself.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309371 Aug 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Humans have an uncanny ability to screw up the plan of an all-knowing, and all-powerful God....eh?
Your deity is weak sauce.
The god these fundies follow is a shnook. Good thing it's not real :-)
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309372 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were you barely able to graduate?
Love your fallacies tonight, Sue. Hilarious!! You took a general comment about women and made it personally about NAP. Good thing she's thick skinned.

Oh, another thing, you're citing philosophy society as a whole follows (such as blaming the victim {this is a legal strategy defendants use to get out of taking responsibility for bad behavior}) but contributing it all to one group you distance yourself from, falsely believing you've remained separate.

And the whole time, you're blaming those very women you insist carry their unwanted pregnancies to term for being un or underemployed while raising those children you insisted they had.

Like I said, f'n hilarious!!!
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309373 Aug 25, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah-hah!
John.
Well wishes for you and yours, John.
Sounds like everyone's keeping a sense of humor!
And you know what they say about laughter :-D

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#309374 Aug 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The god these fundies follow is a shnook. Good thing it's not real :-)
GOD is indeed very real ..And definitely not a,schnook.

Location hidden

#309375 Aug 25, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah-hah!
John.
Good evening JOHN ..hope you and the folks had a decent day .

You're a good Son to them ..it's hard when you feel you are losing control of your life ..I feel bad for them both ..

How did dad's tests go ??

Location hidden

#309376 Aug 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
8 hrs ago
We can start by requiring that anyone who is physically able to work either:
1) be employed
2) seeking employment
3) going to school to train for employment
4) accept any job that is offered (they can seek a more desired job while they are working)
I was a single mom ..High school and barely one gear of college .
Had ancillary health care jobs ..went on my own mostly to learn how to do them better ..

Had to quit the first ..where I was pulling places at a time ..as it sometime s required hauling a,heavy machine around the hospital ..And I got injured ..still worked ..got some schooling in assisting .

Worked continuously ..

Total aid ..a month of food stamps after I was hospitalized .

Managed to raise my child ..parents helped till they both died ..rest was on my own..no child support .

She has gone on to do better than I did ..2 degrees ..post grad .

That was the way things were ..You raised your kids best you COULD
To be better off than you were.

In my day they didn't think girls as a rule were meant for college
As a rule .

That is what women's lib was about ..get that education or career path

And yes contraceptives a big part of it

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#309377 Aug 25, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well wishes for you and yours, John.
Sounds like everyone's keeping a sense of humor!
And you know what they say about laughter :-D
Hiya "Katie!"
My sincerest thanks my friend!

Eh, we're gettin' by the best we can--what other "options" do we really have...?
I've heard that laughter is the worst poison, no...the mildest sedative, no, the best...
What was the question again...?

;p
Thanks again!
Best,
John.

Location hidden

#309378 Aug 25, 2013
Cont.

You have your children when you are ready to .

We had no help Sith day care ..now kids are in free school much earlier ...pre k .

And that is whatT PP was founded for..And did.
But then they got into the abortion business

Women had choices..That did not involve ending the life if their offspring ..or having a bunch of kids that
They can't afford.

That is responsibility ..most birth control works .
Most women can work .

Sacrifice for our Kids is the norm

We all here did it.

It's not th e governments job to raise our kids .

A safety net sure..no kid should starve .

But I think the idea of being I
On BC if you get aid is a good one .

If you cannot support two kids ..why have three ..if you can help it .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min NoahLovesU 235,582
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Teaman 1,190,218
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 24 min LonePalm 4,118
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr HitMan 201,368
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... 13 hr IdeasandTruth 1
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 23 hr KHS Alumni 69
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Trojan 29,057
More from around the web