Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,476)

Showing posts 289,501 - 289,520 of304,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have never been on any Gov aid...
Abuse gone yea. Good. But that is not what you will get. You will get people dying.
Now did you support the war in Iraq?
So we should ignore the abuse?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I believe that God wants and us to behave badly to our fellow man including the unborn, no I don't.
Here's a hint, Witless. You cannot have a "thoughtful discussion" when you're going to twist what was said.

And that is not what I said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not say that...But how do you stop abuse and not make someone starve and die???? You see how do you proof abuse? There is 40-60 million on aid. Imagine how many workers or cops it would take to regulate that many. It would cost us 5 times as much to do what you want.
And lets say we did what you wanted and lets say thousands of kids or people starved and died.....YOU OK WITH THAT LOSS OF LIFE??????
We can start by requiring that anyone who is physically able to work either:

1) be employed
2) seeking employment
3) going to school to train for employment
4) accept any job that is offered (they can seek a more desired job while they are working)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not any more that rape, beatings, aduletry, robbery or any other bad behaviour perportrated against one another.
And how can that be, if he's omniscient and omnipotent?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1) be employed
2) seeking employment
4) accept any job that is offered (they can seek a more desired job while they are working)
Do you have proof that 2 and 4 aren't required for anyone on Food Stamps?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have proof that 2 and 4 aren't required for anyone on Food Stamps?
Do you really think that people who are 2nd and 3rd generation welfare recipients are actively seeking employment and/or accepting employment that is offered?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok tell your rich buddies to bring back the jobs from COMMIE...YES COMMIE CHINA.
Once jobs are back we can try that...
Any job wont do it. You see on welfare you get food and housing and medical care. ANY OLE JOB WONT COVER 1/4 WHAT WELFARE DOES. People need the REAL job the rich GOP voters sent to COMMIE CHI....NABring back good paying jobs and welfare will go down././...
"Once jobs are back we can try that..."

I thought that Obama fixed that???

"Any job wont do it. You see on welfare you get food and housing and medical care. ANY OLE JOB WONT COVER 1/4 WHAT WELFARE DOES."

Welfare and food stamps were designed to supplement a job, not to replace one. If your job only supplies you with 1/4 of what your family NEEDS then you should be eligible for 3/4 in benefits, BUT you should be required to work for the 1/4.

People need the REAL job the rich GOP voters sent to COMMIE CHINA....Bring back good paying jobs and welfare will go down././..

Only the GOP is responsible for those jobs leaving?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of this..Your a single mom two kids on welfare. Now to go to work you need daycare. so you spend $5-$7 an hour to put kids in daycare. HOW DOES ANY OLE JOB HELP./ I mean to afford food and housing and medical care plus daycare you would need to make over$20 an hour...WHAT ANY OLE JOB PAYS THAT.
How long you think that a single Mom should get a pass and be paid by the government? Until the kids are in school? Until they leave home?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1) be employed
2) seeking employment
They already incorporate all those requirements into the system...the problem, for those of us who see abuse, is the "Physically able to work" part. It's defined differently State by State, and some States have narrower definitions of 'able to work' than others. Perhaps in your State,'able to work' includes mental stability, as well as physical capability. Perhaps it includes 'having reliable transportation', and / or 'having an address'. Perhaps your State recognizes childrearing as 'work'. Perhaps it recognizes college or technical / trade school as 'work'.

The vast majority of adults collecting food stamps and other assistance from the government, are working heads of families. I know it doesn't fit your script, but nevertheless, as a so-called 'pro-lifer', you should be able to understand that cutting off the relatively few adults who do game the system, would be extremely detrimental to the well-being of all those CHILDREN you keep saying you're so friggin' concerned about.

Put your money where their mouths are, for a change.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

John-K wrote:
Evening all!
Well, here's an update for anyone who's interested...and a thorough annoyance for everyone else.
Mom's making progress--though not as much as she'd like.
Dad had quite a nasty(and scary) fall last Saturday night and spent about six hours alone on the floor until he was able to drag himself up to bed.
Once informed of this I said, "That's it! You're going to the doctor and I want no arguments from you!"
Argue he did, but eventually acquiesced. Come Tuesday(earliest appointment I could get w/o E.R.) we can't see his doctor, but the Nurse Practitioner who's worried about his EKG results. After consulting with a physician they decide we've got to go to the E.R. for a full series of tests.
He's resistant, angry, uncooperative, but I wouldn't have any of it. So, I suggested the E.R. of the hospital where my mother's currently located.
Long story short, we get there, he's admitted, and is now currently there as well. Mom's got the better view--the one overlooking P.J. harbor. He's got an up-close-and-personal view of the chapel right outside his window--the Polish Catholics get their revenge! ;)
He's considered too unsteady on his legs and isn't allowed to walk by himself. Mom, who was given the tentative date of this Thursday for discharge, was told that she'll have to be sent to a secondary "rehab" unit down on the south shore. She's furious with me because I refused to "vouch" for her as being "o.k." to be discharged--she needs 24/7 supervision in case anything should happen(which I can't provide.) She threw a helluva temper-tantrum with her CNA last night because she "wants to get the f*ck out of here and go home...NOW!"
Needless to say, I was nothing short of mortified.
Yet as I told her--and to my amusement, my father supported, "What should happen if you fall, and you're all by yourself and unable to get up...?"
Didn't placate her much, but I think(hope) this got through to her.
Uggh! If I manage to get through this with a full head of hair, or even my sanity, it'll be nothing short of a miracle...
Best all!
John.
Oh dear ..you have a full plate there John ..so sorry to hear it .

Does,dad need heart surgery??

Give them both my best and God bless them

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
How long you think that a single Mom should get a pass and be paid by the government? Until the kids are in school? Until they leave home?
If being a parent is the most important job there is, why shouldn't it be at least MINIMALLY subsidized by the government? Yeah, actually - if she's staying at home to raise her kids, she should be able to get food stamps if she needs them, until the kids are raised - they have to eat, right?

God knows we subsidize other industries, like farming, and energy, and pharmalogical concerns....why not PARENTING?

Unsubsidized daycare costs roughly $1200 per month, per kid. Minimum wage barely grosses one person $1200 a month. Net, take-home for a min wage job, is around 800 bucks. Now, do you think she should work a forty-hour week at minimum wage to pay a daycare, or stay home and raise her own children?

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably objected to the word "Minister". She threw a fit when she found out there are Wiccan Atheists. I tried explaining to her that in their case "Atheist" doesn't quit mean the same as it would ordinarily, but she wouldn't listen.
She hates me :)
Lol had a feeling she might ..actually she seems to argue with every one .

Hey may be its good for her health ..who knows,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
He tried but the rich are so greedy they would rather watch the USA fall then help.
Welfare does not work that way idiot...Either on it or off no inbetween fool.
YES GOP CREATED NAFTA AND IS ALL FOR OFF SHOREING JOBS...THE GOP IS CONTROLED BY THR RICH AND ONLYC ARES FOR THE RICH. Every time the GOP votes against things for the poor and working class it shows who they care for..
"Welfare does not work that way idiot...Either on it or off no inbetween fool."

There is the problem. Welfare should never have been allowed to become a way of life. We have allowed generations of families to make no effort to find jobs or make any effort to help themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as have kids and there is no job to make enough.
So when their children are in school they should just be allowed to do nothing to attempt to improve their situation?

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
Sorry, wrong thread. I meant the "Catholic" thread.
Yes lol ..That very June ..sent GTOWN over to meet her ..Lol.

Think he enjoyed their brief encounter .

She is the most well read ..or great at googling person I have yet to meet

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that people who are 2nd and 3rd generation welfare recipients are actively seeking employment and/or accepting employment that is offered?
So, you DON'T have proof. Got it.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you're 78. lol
Is June really 79?
She says she is ..And I'm much younger.

Watch out for that pretty red hair woman..Lol.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, we are :)
We were speculating on what a conversation between June and Gtown would be like. Because I said there was no difference between Gtown implying that if we really had "open minds" we'd believe as he does, and June saying that if we really thought for ourselves, we wouldn't believe at all, like her.
SO far no fireworks ..just sparring ..he is really tied up with his job
And only being home on weekends for a few weeks ..

Will give him time before sparks fly ..But hey if anyone might get through its,G .

GOD BLESS him ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
No one wants welfare and food stamps to end for those who NEED them. The problem is that many who receive them don't. What we need to stop is the ABUSE of them.
I think it was Stossel did a report ..people are going out soliciting people to get food stamps .

One surfer dude. Says,he has no intention of working ..so why shouldn't the government pay for his food .

What happens when the money runs out ??
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, we are :)
We were speculating on what a conversation between June and Gtown would be like. Because I said there was no difference between Gtown implying that if we really had "open minds" we'd believe as he does, and June saying that if we really thought for ourselves, we wouldn't believe at all, like her.
I don't recall saying folks with open minds believe as I, but I was trying to show how many who claim there is no God, and no afterlife, despite all who says there is, have probably spent waaay more time figuring out how the computer works, or how insurance works, than if there truly is a God and afterlife.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 289,501 - 289,520 of304,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••