Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,554
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309107 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy. It's not a disease. It's a natural part of who we are as human beings.
You look like a moron when all you have to explain your proabort view is to dehumanize humans.
Mankind evolved with the ability to procreate during pregnancy. It is a medical condition. Abortion is also a 'natural' part of who we are as human beings.

You are a moron - denying that the fetus has rights does not dehumanize it. It merely puts the fetus in a category of human without certain rights.

Born children do not have all the rights which are recognized as belonging to adults - does that 'dehumanize' them, due to their stage of development?

And there STILL aren't any laws compelling you to give your born child a lung, a kidney, or even blood. Does that fact 'dehumanize' your kids?

Next....

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309108 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since everyone dies, I guess that is part of His plan.
How could anything NOT be a part of the plan of an omniscient being that created the everything? Including abortion.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309110 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear bHitler,
Your namby-pamby style is duly noted. Again.
Your arguments have a childishly neurotic flavor.
She whines.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309111 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of the old one. Let's talk about gender selection.
Do you plan to apply gender selection to your next pregnancy?

I don't.

There. I've talked about it.
I'm done now.

Next...
Huh Duh

United States

#309112 Aug 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever read biology texts that describe why a fetus cannot survive outside the womb before a specific point in development?
We don't recognize 'rights' for humans who are dependent on the organs and systems of another human. Your BORN child doesn't have the right to one of your kidneys. Your parents do not have a right to one of your lungs.
Let me know when laws compel you to divest yourself of a body part, or hook yourself up to another person, for the purpose of keeping that person alive,'k?
Next
Laws don't compel you .....because they apply to born humans. You said it yourself - you're not compelled to hook yourself up to another "person". You're not comparing fetuses to born humans are you ? PL aren't allowed to do that. Neither are you.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309113 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "The majority of induced abortions occur during the first 8-12 weeks of pregnancy when gender is not known."
As early as 5-7 weeks gestation mom can find out from home"
"It's A Girl!"
"It's A Boy!"
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

You're not a good reader or you'd've known this bolsters MY point. Doubt you even remember it. Or what it was originally.

<plays world's smallest violin for DA NR>

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#309114 Aug 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"He won't get the kid," eh? I wouldn't have thought he would get paroled....or get a court ruling in his favor, regarding parental rights, for that matter...but apparently those both happened. Accordingly, I can see some asshat of a judge granting him full custody, as well. If 'best interests of the child' were the operating principle here, the judge(s) failed miserably all the way around...what's to stop them from sticking to that pattern?
To answer your question, the mother had no intention of 'allowing' her 14 year old to gestate this baby...but the daughter must have agreed to the abortion, or she wouldn't have been given one. Their motives / reasons for the abortion might have differed. From what I understand, dude was mom's boyfriend first. Circumstantial evidence supports the idea that mom wanted kid to abort, to keep from giving evidence of paternity...to keep the rape charge against him from materializing, due to the lack of same.
Nonetheless, the decision to abort the fetus is well within the legal purview of the daughter, and the legal procedure, for collecting DNA evidence of paternity from the products of conception, was not followed. Mom should be absolved of criminal charges, if there are any. JMO
She,didn't have an abortion though .

And it looks,like some kind of error on the part of the moms attorney
Is part of the problem

See bottom ..may be there are other cases but it says,it is before a family court
http://law.justia.com/cases/massachusetts/sup...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309115 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Miscarraiges happen for many reasons including sperm or egg quality, mal formation, improper implantation, viruses, bacteria etc.
God supposedly has a 'vast eternal plan'. Obviously the gestation and survival of every conceived embryo, wasn't part of it.

I know that sounds may sound 'inconvenient'. Take it up with Him.

Next...
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309117 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation was about non believers trying to claim that the Bible promotes abortion, which it doesn't.
I am not forcing religion on you and likewise I will not allow you to force your corrupted version of the Bible on me.
Christianity is what's corrupted, Ink.
Read and learn!

The Bible was written by men for men and about men.

And then King James got a hold of it and changed it even more.

Amen.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309118 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? It's nothing to me, and a non-issue in this country, despite the far right's attempt to scare people with it.
There you go again, living in the moment because the air is free. Don't ever look ahead. Don't forsee unintended consequences.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309119 Aug 23, 2013
Huh Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws don't compel you .....because they apply to born humans. You said it yourself - you're not compelled to hook yourself up to another "person". You're not comparing fetuses to born humans are you ? PL aren't allowed to do that. Neither are you.
I'm also not compelled by law to gestate a fetus.

Who did you used to be before?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309120 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it means offspring.
See, there's where you diverge from medical terminology, Dinkie.

A fetus is not 'offspring', because it hasn't been 'sprung' yet.

Next...
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309121 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How could anything NOT be a part of the plan of an omniscient being that created the everything? Including abortion.
Man creates the abominations like abortion. When a human commits some horrible act against another, whether abortion or beating an 88 year old man to death is no reflection on God. It is a person's own free will that leads him to make choices.

If you would choose to kill your own child, don't blame God.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309122 Aug 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She,didn't have an abortion though .
And it looks,like some kind of error on the part of the moms attorney
Is part of the problem
See bottom ..may be there are other cases but it says,it is before a family court
http://law.justia.com/cases/massachusetts/sup...
No, she didn't. But if she had, she would have had to formally agree to one being performed.

Sorry, I worded my prior response poorly.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309123 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, living in the moment because the air is free. Don't ever look ahead. Don't forsee unintended consequences.
You're not "looking ahead". You're engaging in useless speculation because you feed off that scare tactic spoon.

I did talk about it. That's what you asked for.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#309124 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy.
Do you pull these asinine phrases out of a fundie handbook?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309125 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Earlier, you and I posted at the same time about the same thing -- although you used less words. Immediately I reverted back to that old schoolyard saying, "Jinx! You owe me a Coke!" LOL
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#309126 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe He does?
What difference does my belief make? Go back to your obtuse ways, stinky.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309127 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not "looking ahead". You're engaging in useless speculation because you feed off that scare tactic spoon.
I did talk about it. That's what you asked for.
You lived up to our expectations.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309128 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Man creates the abominations like abortion. When a human commits some horrible act against another, whether abortion or beating an 88 year old man to death is no reflection on God. It is a person's own free will that leads him to make choices.
If you would choose to kill your own child, don't blame God.
Again, how could anything NOT be part of an omniscient beings plan? If anything wasn't, then that being is not omniscient, are they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Tony Rome 1,108,992
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 27,337
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr CunningLinguist 227,361
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr snod grass 200,933
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••