Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 345792 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309221 Aug 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If religions stopped charity work, the government would no longer have money to provide your lazy fat azz with Medicare and Social Security.
Medicare and SS come out of our paychecks ya jackass.
Gtown71

United States

#309222 Aug 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
I never claimed to know the truth, but you still think you know the truth...correct? So what makes an atheist who thinks they know the truth any different from a religious person who thinks they know the truth?
I am in no way dishonest about my beliefs, or lack of beliefs. I have read the bible. I grew up going to religious classes and attending bible study groups. I went to church for many years. I have discussed and thought about the existence or non-existence of a God for most of my life.
I like you G, but I take exception to your implication that I became an atheist without some knowledge foundation OR an open mind.
Have I let you or anyone else here "dictate" my beliefs? No.
Thanks for liking me :)
I'm sorry if I implied what makes you you, just saying what made me me.

I feel I know the truth, becouse in an instant my entire "core " being was changed. Most people have a core that never changes.

Like I. Say -He changed me, since I could never seem to change myself.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#309223 Aug 24, 2013
Clearly demonstrating that you haven't a CLUE what OCD is. Thanks for reminding people of just how ignorant you are.
No Relativism wrote:
cPeter: "Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock..."
(cPeter & his OCD attempting to tell a knock-knock joke)

Indianapolis

#309224 Aug 24, 2013
Of course they would...they'd have all that tax revenue churches currently aren't paying.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If religions stopped charity work, the government would no longer have money to provide your lazy fat azz with Medicare and Social Security.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309226 Aug 24, 2013
Rory wrote:
God will heal all
That statement is still obviously not true.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#309227 Aug 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written quite clearly, if you can read.
Get back to us when you can prove that a book contains "gods will", you arrogant scumbag.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#309228 Aug 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

Evil isn't a thing produced by God. It is a behavior to be chosen.
Almost every one of your claims are unprovable garbage.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309229 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel I know the truth, becouse in an instant my entire "core " being was changed. Most people have a core that never changes.
You're welcome.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#309230 Aug 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree th a,religious charities

Have been supporting and caring for the less fortunate

Since this country began ..first within communities,.

Now the local..national and international charities,are

Able to help more people .

Most people do NOT give for tax exemptions,

They give what they can

SOCIAL SECURITY I'd something we have paid into
All of our working lives ..Medicate the same .

Of course it was supposed to be in a lock box

Not used to fund other things,.a whole other topic

You think old people who have put in for decades
Ate LAZY if they receive back a portion of all they
Paid in ???

And the health care from Medicare..once people ate too old to work
Put them on an ice FLOE to die if they are sick???

I agree the system has been abused ...And full of fraud ..Some of these
people on SSD are total frauds,

But old folks,are not lazy by receiving the small amount they get back
that's mean ..wait till you get older...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309231 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I left you s message G. Seriously ..You need to meet June ..She would be a great match for you ..really ..

I'm on this,thread too ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309232 Aug 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Of course they would...they'd have all that tax revenue churches currently aren't paying.
<quoted text>
Peter .

I had s fee shocks looming up charities ..tax exempt ..on CHARITY NAVIGATOR

judging by their top rated Charities they definitely are not biased .
Many of them secular

The charity I like SAMARITANS,PURSE ..And some Catholic and Jewish ones
Are top rated

You should look up yours ..EVERYON sHOULd
IMO..even the ones EITH low ratings ..which are not out and out frauds
Probably use mire of an actual dollar towards helping than the government does ..
Not saying people do not get HELP from UNCLE but it passes through so.much bureaucracy it's not very efficient..

A lot of popular charities spend as much on administration and fund raising as they do on help I by whatever their cause is

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
Gtown71

Arlington, TX

#309233 Aug 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I left you s message G. Seriously ..You need to meet June ..She would be a great match for you ..really ..
I'm on this,thread too ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Well I am 42, and my weakness is older women :)
But 79 is a bit to old for me. Lol

Thanks for the info. I'm enjoying it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309234 Aug 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
First you laud religion as the best non-profit entity available, and then you bash the non-religious, who make up for its tax-exemptions with our taxes, for wanting to see results worth lauding.

Try again?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309235 Aug 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull out your calculator from under the Twinkie boxes:
2,000,000 illegal abortions/year before RvW.
1,200,000 legal abortions/year after RvW.
There are 4 million live births per year. 3 times the number of pregnant women do what you couldn't contemplate on your best day: give birth, than decide they don't want to accept the risk of pregnancy to their life or health, and abort.

Be grateful.

Next....

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309236 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rose...I win!

Just kidding... I couldn't resist.

;)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309238 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now you 've met our June ..Lol

There are some really nice folks on that forum G

Not that the folks here aren't ..Lol.

But the discussions are definitely different.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309239 Aug 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rose...I win!
Just kidding... I couldn't resist.
;)
Hey Moon I never give up ..And lol I'm not 79

June is!!!

I am older but NOT that old ..You don't win that easily ..HeHe

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309240 Aug 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>First you laud religion as the best non-profit entity available, and then you bash the non-religious, who make up for its tax-exemptions with our taxes, for wanting to see results worth lauding.
Try again?
Just to be clear..see my posts to Peter.

Many Tax exempt entities are non religious . A great percentage are secular
Ok a lot if rich people give to support things
That do nothing to help the masses..the tax exempt goes to the
Charity and the people take it off their taxes..And no one gets fed
But themselves

Most if us try as we can ..to help others..And we don't do it for tax reasons either
But calling out only the religious charities..IMO
Not true.

Some do better than others at using the resources
Given in donations.fir the purposes they support

Have you looked up the rating on your favorite charity
On that Charity Navigator .

Many use s lot if their money to get MORE money .

Like I would never give to some of those TV ad people .

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#309241 Aug 24, 2013
Evening all!

Well, here's an update for anyone who's interested...and a thorough annoyance for everyone else.
Mom's making progress--though not as much as she'd like.
Dad had quite a nasty(and scary) fall last Saturday night and spent about six hours alone on the floor until he was able to drag himself up to bed.
Once informed of this I said, "That's it! You're going to the doctor and I want no arguments from you!"
Argue he did, but eventually acquiesced. Come Tuesday(earliest appointment I could get w/o E.R.) we can't see his doctor, but the Nurse Practitioner who's worried about his EKG results. After consulting with a physician they decide we've got to go to the E.R. for a full series of tests.
He's resistant, angry, uncooperative, but I wouldn't have any of it. So, I suggested the E.R. of the hospital where my mother's currently located.
Long story short, we get there, he's admitted, and is now currently there as well. Mom's got the better view--the one overlooking P.J. harbor. He's got an up-close-and-personal view of the chapel right outside his window--the Polish Catholics get their revenge! ;)
He's considered too unsteady on his legs and isn't allowed to walk by himself. Mom, who was given the tentative date of this Thursday for discharge, was told that she'll have to be sent to a secondary "rehab" unit down on the south shore. She's furious with me because I refused to "vouch" for her as being "o.k." to be discharged--she needs 24/7 supervision in case anything should happen(which I can't provide.) She threw a helluva temper-tantrum with her CNA last night because she "wants to get the f*ck out of here and go home...NOW!"
Needless to say, I was nothing short of mortified.
Yet as I told her--and to my amusement, my father supported, "What should happen if you fall, and you're all by yourself and unable to get up...?"
Didn't placate her much, but I think(hope) this got through to her.

Uggh! If I manage to get through this with a full head of hair, or even my sanity, it'll be nothing short of a miracle...

Best all!

John.

Indianapolis

#309243 Aug 25, 2013
Yeah, the frustration quotient ramps up when they no longer feel in control, but it can't be helped. My ex is a CNA; there's nothing to be embarrassed about. They've heard it all before, and probably with worse epithets. They don't take it personally.

Patience is going to be in short supply for a while--been there, done that!
John-K wrote:
Evening all!
Well, here's an update for anyone who's interested...and a thorough annoyance for everyone else.
Mom's making progress--though not as much as she'd like.
Dad had quite a nasty(and scary) fall last Saturday night and spent about six hours alone on the floor until he was able to drag himself up to bed.
Once informed of this I said, "That's it! You're going to the doctor and I want no arguments from you!"
Argue he did, but eventually acquiesced. Come Tuesday(earliest appointment I could get w/o E.R.) we can't see his doctor, but the Nurse Practitioner who's worried about his EKG results. After consulting with a physician they decide we've got to go to the E.R. for a full series of tests.
He's resistant, angry, uncooperative, but I wouldn't have any of it. So, I suggested the E.R. of the hospital where my mother's currently located.
Long story short, we get there, he's admitted, and is now currently there as well. Mom's got the better view--the one overlooking P.J. harbor. He's got an up-close-and-personal view of the chapel right outside his window--the Polish Catholics get their revenge! ;)
He's considered too unsteady on his legs and isn't allowed to walk by himself. Mom, who was given the tentative date of this Thursday for discharge, was told that she'll have to be sent to a secondary "rehab" unit down on the south shore. She's furious with me because I refused to "vouch" for her as being "o.k." to be discharged--she needs 24/7 supervision in case anything should happen(which I can't provide.) She threw a helluva temper-tantrum with her CNA last night because she "wants to get the f*ck out of here and go home...NOW!"
Needless to say, I was nothing short of mortified.
Yet as I told her--and to my amusement, my father supported, "What should happen if you fall, and you're all by yourself and unable to get up...?"
Didn't placate her much, but I think(hope) this got through to her.
Uggh! If I manage to get through this with a full head of hair, or even my sanity, it'll be nothing short of a miracle...
Best all!
John.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,780,280
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Trojan 36,079
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2