Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308899 Aug 22, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thinks it's a very valid opinion.
Thanks.

:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#308900 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have misused the word 'sanctimonious' since my comment was only about the whether or not your story was genuine.
I often see you as sanctimonious as well.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308901 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Cpeter, he brought it up as a reason for abortion.
You tell him - you're the one trying to argue that the Bible views abortion in a negative light.

The fact is, the only mention of abortion in the Bible is a command to perform one.

Unfortunately, bible-humpers prefer to 'interpret' scriptures in this particular case, rather than take them literally as usual. Fits the script better that way.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308903 Aug 22, 2013
RoseThornStabsBabyHearts wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot sword while performing a Wiccan GOOD LUCK RITUAL in a cemetery.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25803777/ns/us_news...
Catholic priests unmasked:'God doesn't like boys who cry'

"A shocking investigation into the Catholic church's attitude to the victims of its abuser priests."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/07/...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308904 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this an answer to Grumpy's question?
I was leaving that up to you.

Was that your answer to mine?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308906 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
If I had concerns I would more likely research Wicca and get to know the parents.
Logical thinking isn't a strong suit among those who rely on knee-jerk reactions to stimuli.

It's far more demanding of the little grey cells, to consider actually getting to know someone of a different belief system, than it is to say to one's children, "Ugh, Wiccans bad, you stay home."

Then they can utilize what passes for their intellects, in pursuit of information conforming to their already pinpoint-sized world views....

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308907 Aug 22, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions have some quirks but when it comes to all out wackiness those hair brained Wiccans have a Secretariat-like lead on the rest of the pack. You need to look no further than the screwballs on here who claim to be members.
VATICAN CRIMES

"40% of catholic Nuns have been abused..."

"“A large part of the history of [Ed.: mandatory] celibacy is the story of the degradation of women and – an invariable consequence – frequent abortions and infanticide."

“According to the 1996 survey of nuns in the United States (which was intentionally never published by the [Ed.: Roman Catholic] Church but was leaked by some Vatican insider), it is reported that a minimum of 34,000 Catholic nuns (about 40% of all American nuns) claim to have been sexually abused. Three of every four of these nuns claimed they were sexually victimized by a priest, nun, or other religious person. Two out of five nuns who stated they were sexually abused claimed that their exploitation included some form of genital contact. All nuns who claimed repeated sexual exploitation reported that they were pressured by religious superiors for sexual favors.”–“Boston Globe”(1-8-2002)[Ed.: This quote is on p. 179 of the book,“Lucifer’s Lodge”, by William H. Kennedy.]

“The media black-out of the sexual abuse of women by clerics in both ritual and non-ritual cases is a great disgrace."

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/05/sexual-ab...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308908 Aug 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wiccans don't do blood sacrifices, idiot.
<quoted text>
Yet the Catholics do...

"“A large part of the history of ... celibacy is the story of the degradation of women and – an invariable consequence – frequent abortions and infanticide."

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/05/sexual-ab ...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308909 Aug 22, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, like when sassy always comes up with a personal friend or experience that uncannily supports some argument she's attempting to make? Lol
Oh yeah, Sassy coming up with one of those is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#308910 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And thanks for your unqualified, uninspired, and irrelevant opinion.
Next...
You're welcome. Hope it helped.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#308911 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You tell him - you're the one trying to argue that the Bible views abortion in a negative light.
The fact is, the only mention of abortion in the Bible is a command to perform one.
Unfortunately, bible-humpers prefer to 'interpret' scriptures in this particular case, rather than take them literally as usual. Fits the script better that way.
I didn't bring up the bible. I was only responding to his non fact based comment.

BTW where does the bible command an abortion be performed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308912 Aug 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
the peg fits perfectly, bigot.
you can never negate what you said. as hard as you may futily try.
I have no reason to "negate" what I said...and I got the added satisfaction of seeing so many people enjoy what I said. I'm still waiting for you to show where I used the word "all".
Ink

Warminster, PA

#308913 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I often see you as sanctimonious as well.
And I see you as a Bigoted Catholic hater, but you probably aren't.
You only look like one.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#308914 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Logical thinking isn't a strong suit among those who rely on knee-jerk reactions to stimuli.
It's far more demanding of the little grey cells, to consider actually getting to know someone of a different belief system, than it is to say to one's children, "Ugh, Wiccans bad, you stay home."
Then they can utilize what passes for their intellects, in pursuit of information conforming to their already pinpoint-sized world views....
Maybe it would make them more comfortable to arrange playdates with Catholic priests. Those men are fellow Christians and so they're 100% decent people.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#308916 Aug 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I didn't say it did; I said that the belief of christians for centuries. The bible doesn't allude to life beginning at conception, either. It mostly refers to the soul as existing
before even the pregnancy.
It does, however describe your god as ordering the israelites to rip open the pregnant women of their enemies, so I'm guessing the big guy's not all that opposed to abortion.
<quoted text>
I thought that you believed that the bible was made up by the Jews.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#308917 Aug 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're aware of what causes pregnancy, right?
You're narrow minded and downright boring.
The fact remains that consent to sex does not equal consent to have and carry a child. Cry on, nancyboy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308919 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Hope it helped.
It may have - I had an incredibly satisfying bowel movement, right after I read it.

Kudos!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308921 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't bring up the bible. I was only responding to his non fact based comment.
BTW where does the bible command an abortion be performed.
Ask CPeter...oh, wait...he already told you.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and trust you to be able to find his answer, since it's only a few posts back.

Would you like some breadcrumbs for finding the way back to the 'reply' button?

Next...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#308922 Aug 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You'd think they'd notice how knit is here constantly, under various names, but I guess it only goes one way for them. I think their dim minds just latch on to a familiar sign-in and can't figure out how often they are really here.
<quoted text>
SHHHH

it's a secret ..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308923 Aug 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're aware of what causes pregnancy, right?
Sure, sure.

And so are teenagers, whose parents are too obsessed with prohibition of sex to have ever had frank and thorough discussions with them about it.

You know...those ones who get all their information from peers, kinky relatives, and the occasional peep show on cable.

They're imbued with the awareness that mom and dad make unexplained noises late at night, that mom and dad think something called 'sex' is disgusting and filthy - certainly not a fit subject for discussion - and that mom and dad will beat them within an inch of their lives, if they're caught one-handing the winkie.

You know - YOUR kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Death of Tenzing 1,262,839
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Thinking 244,793
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 6,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr tom wingo 29,850
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web