Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308841 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Why so mean-spirited?
Let's take a look at your opening salvo, shall we?
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you people still arguing abortion? What kind of psychos waste every minute of their lives doing this?
You start out yelling about 'psychos'...
Then immediately move on to making outlandish assumptions about personal lives...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Don't y'all have families,friends or jobs? No way in hell you are spending your undivided attention on them and threads.
Then you try your hand at diagnosing disorders without a license to practice psychology...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Y'all are obsessed with taking someone's life away from them. This ,people, is not normal. Use your brains if you don't want to be pregnant. Being pregnant means that your child is here,alive and you are nurturing it in your body.

Whereupon you make another erroneous assumption
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You can't kill that child bc you can't be bothered raising it.
(coupled with an outright lie)

And if that wasn't enough, you proceed to more name-calling
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> What kind of sicko thinks that they have a right? Low life filth,that's who.
And proffering the opinion that :
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> You're a menace to society and should be locked up.
But wait...there's more!

Still not satisfied with the vitriol level, you decided to give unsolicited advice...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>Learn some self-control. Show some class.
And finish off with a pronouncement on our prognosis for mental health:
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You will never have peace and real joy in your heart or souls. You're dead men walking. Stone cold. Emotional wrecks. Bet you all need meds to get thru the day.
If you want to know "Why so mean spirited?" perhaps this will help:
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You reap what you sow, so remember that.
Any questions?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308842 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have misused the word 'sanctimonious' since my comment was only about the whether or not your story was genuine.
I think if you knew the meaning of words, you wouldn't continually misuse them.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous /&#716;saNG(k)t&#601; &#712;m&#333;n&#27 5;&#601;s/

Adjective: Making a show of being morally superior to other people.

Which is what your sanctimonious opinion of my post's veracity, in the absence of doubt expressed about the other pile of imaginary dreck offered by Microsoft Maddy amounted to.

Quit projecting, Dink.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#308843 Aug 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much what I'm thinking when I read the PL stories.
You mean, like when sassy always comes up with a personal friend or experience that uncannily supports some argument she's attempting to make? Lol

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#308844 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> I am of the opinion that if a certain religion does weird practices,some of which are blood sacrifices,then it would be who of you to stay far away. Wiccans do weird shitt. Wouldn't want my daughter involved.
Wiccans don't make blood sacrifices. I have several close friends who are Wiccan. Disappointingly normal folks, truth be told. No crazy naked dancing, no trances in the moonlight, etc. Sorry, pal:-\

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308845 Aug 21, 2013
rosesmellslikefoo wrote:
<quoted text>You love to make up stories don'tcha
What I love, is to bait religious fundies that try to garner attention by making up ridiculous bullshite...and throw it back in their faces.

It's fun!!
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308847 Aug 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Midol works wonders. Try it.
I spend about an hour a day on here, usually in 20-minute sessions.
Comparing me to bitner is a compliment.
<quoted text>
An hour a day you say? In 20 min sessions?
Got it.

".......and down the stretch they come ! Miss 60,000 Posts in front !!! No Life To Speak Of on the outside and closing fast...!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308848 Aug 21, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
That one's got a real hair trigger. Pay no attention to that phony patronizing "dear" and "honey" and "next" shit.
Projectionist - meet mirror.
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take much to set that one off. Some real scary anger issues there.
You know, you keep saying I'm "ANGRY", as if the response you expect to see from women, at your attempts to dissolve women's fundamental rights to medical autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, is "Oh thank you for saving me from myself, kind sir."

Here's a tip: The natural response to arrogance of that kind is ANGER at the effrontery of those who exhibit same. If a Federal Law decreed that you were summarily prohibited from making your own medical decisions, were no longer allowed to assess the risks of any given situation before committing to a course of action, and constrained from defending yourself from imminent or possible threats to your life...I bet you'd be VOLCANICALLY PISSED OFF.

So yeah - I'm flucking angry. Why wouldn't I be?

Next...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#308849 Aug 21, 2013
Anyone Been watching Dr Phil last 2 days watching it
Now the missing girl Erica Parsons..so far really squirrely story from The parent.

They are either the stupidest folks on the planet or they did something .

But I haven't gotten too far into it

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#308850 Aug 21, 2013

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308851 Aug 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Anyone Been watching Dr Phil last 2 days watching it
Now the missing girl Erica Parsons..so far really squirrely story from The parent.
They are either the stupidest folks on the planet or they did something .
But I haven't gotten too far into it
I caught about 5 minutes of today's program, in between laundry loads...and my first thought was that ol' Phil is really getting desperate for viewers. The schlock he's broadcasting these days is incredible. This should be a case for law enforcement, not a hook for higher ratings on a fourth-rate talk show. Those parents should be under surveillance - not swooning for publicity.

JMO

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#308852 Aug 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I caught about 5 minutes of today's program, in between laundry loads...and my first thought was that ol' Phil is really getting desperate for viewers. The schlock he's broadcasting these days is incredible. This should be a case for law enforcement, not a hook for higher ratings on a fourth-rate talk show. Those parents should be under surveillance - not swooning for publicity.
JMO
I don't know he really is,questioning these,people ..And they are probably telling him more than they told the cops.

I think he's trying to help. Plus get ratings ..going to watch part 2,
Now,..

It's the strangest story .But there,are those cat fish stories out there ..people who make up new identities.

The only person who might HAVR motive ..near as I can see for strong this up is the bio dad.

Or they killed this poor child ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#308853 Aug 21, 2013
May wait till Tom yo watch part two lol.

yes.I know a lot is schlock ..And I don't watch much..But this was interesting .

There is a,missing child ..if he can slip.them up ..or get someone who has seen this girl yo call in ..why not.

His show gets a lot of viewers.

Missing kids is a horror.

THST little boy in the eighties went missing from.the local.mall where I used to go shopping .back then...Adam Walsh .
He was just a bit younger than my kid .

It was the worst story then and now,..IMO.

I know the dad helped find other kids ...But that was a pure tragedy ..

Losing a child is horrid..the hours that child is missing have to be short torture..the guilt ..all of it .

I guess it's become more common .

That Anthony baby ..That was as weird as this Parsons one .
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#308854 Aug 21, 2013
========

You ask them who is the bigger dictator and tyrant of the world, if not US and who else would be, by pointing to Assad?
By using the crazy radical way of using atomic bombs to Japan, by going out using bombs to slaughter a few hundreds of thousands to even millions in Vietnam, by dictation to force out UN inspectors to dictate forced bombing of Iraq, yet by keeping talking if 200 people (YET UNPROVEN OF THIS NUMBER) were killed by chemical weapons in Syria, there is no question that US had done GENOCIDE by massive way of being tyrant dictation of killing of so many that US Had done.

Just where did if any chemical weapons come from in Syria if were any there or used? Whether so many insurgent rebel terrorists came from Iraq by bringing their chemical weapons to Syria is unknown if that is the case, by starting the warfare fighting there, or Syria impounded if any?

It would probably take less than a high school graduate to even realize that, as no rocket scientists need to tell people that is so, as simple as that.

What a silly joke is, as pervert backward fools still bury their minds of not knowing which is a bigger dictator based on facts clearly and what they had done?

Fools seem to talk about this new world of current new times by talking about 1000 years ago when US was full of primitive wild west violences (even without going back to 500 years), of kings and tyrants as dictators, by saying of Russia and others and so on by not looking into US instead of how bad it is of such, while Russia and many others are indeed better than US in many ways now, even with the many dark and bad sides of US being covered up.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308855 Aug 22, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> I am of the opinion that if a certain religion does weird practices,some of which are blood sacrifices,then it would be who of you to stay far away. Wiccans do weird shitt. Wouldn't want my daughter involved.
LOL, you're full of shit. It's obvious you have never known an actual Wiccan.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308856 Aug 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Midol works wonders. Try it.
I spend about an hour a day on here, usually in 20-minute sessions.
Comparing me to bitner is a compliment.
<quoted text>
Thank you, that's a very nice of you :)

LOL, they're idiots. Yesterday was the first time I'd made more than two posts on Topix, and several days in the last week, I wasn't on at all.
worships reality

United States

#308857 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We keep you glued to your keyboards, thereby relieving the burden of your hateful, irrelevant, and self-serving presence at abortion clinics.
You're a prime example, fetus worshiper, of our efficacy in the war against self-righteous control freaks.
Thanks for playing.
Next...
awesome !!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308858 Aug 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
awesome !!!
Sure is...a sense of accomplishment is a wonderful thing. Keeps me coming back here on a regular basis - since the strategy has been very effective so far,(your continued presence being the prime example) I don't have any plans to revamp it.

As long as you're here, lobbing lowballs, and gnashing your teeth, you're not there, spewing spit and bile about baby-killers, at women who are more than likely going in for a birth-control prescription or a pap-smear.

Winning...
mjm98

Nazareth, PA

#308859 Aug 22, 2013
According to the Bible, from the second a baby is created in the womb, it is a life and killing it is not only murder, but the worst kind of murder that you can commit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308860 Aug 22, 2013
mjm98 wrote:
According to the Bible, from the second a baby is created in the womb, it is a life and killing it is not only murder, but the worst kind of murder that you can commit.
According to 'Alice in Wonderland', rabbits and dormice talk, hatters are inherently mad, caterpillars smoke opium, Red Queens are temperamental, and cats with no bodies and large insincere smiles give lousy advice.

What's your point?
worships reality

United States

#308861 Aug 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, pregnancy is not a direct result of a willful act on her part.

of course it is. whether pregnancy was intended or not, unless she was raped, it was a direct result of her willful engagement in intercourse. you are a simpleton but even a simpleton knows that.

Claiming pregnancy is a direct result of a willful act on her part is an argument layered with logical fallacies..
it's not an argument, it's fact.
if it's "layered" with logical fallacies do me a favor and name just "one".

You do research and figure it out.
i did. you're wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min An NFL Fan 1,405,383
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 256,067
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web