Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,688
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308735 Aug 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm your Drama Queen ass down.
Yes, in my experience, which is vaster than anyone who has NOT homeschooled, then most are doing so to avoid beliefs/ideas not their own. They are QUITE clear about that when you speak to them, whether in person, OR online. They are, in fact, QUITE proud of the fact that the only other kids THEIR kids socialize with ARE of families with the same type of beliefs. Mostly religious.
Perhaps they didn't want to socialize with a wiccan. I am being honest in saying this. I wouldn't deliberately set up playdates with them either.

Nevertheless, you made it seem like "homeschoolers" who do it to avoid public secular school systems for specifically religious, don't socialize or join other activities. Not true.
Rose is right

United States

#308736 Aug 20, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a hot button issue alright ...most parents are not abusive .
My mom and her brothers. Really got beat .
Me only once bad with a belt that I remember ..I had crossed the 4 lane street to see my friend without telling her and had been told many times..don't cross alone ....I never did it again .
I got spanked mostly ..so what ...parents have it tough these,days but kids need discipline ..
And the feel good stuff..musical chair s with no missing chair .
Some bright idea,...
Raising either neglected kids or self centered ones..
I say unless abusive ..let parents parent ..
A big problem is schools butting in on the parents business. Teachers being mandatory reporters has made some of them put Child Protective services on speed dial. my mom was a big believer in letting us learn from our mistakes. I follow the same style and the school is always interfering. My mothers way made for a lot less yelling and arguing. I said I didn't need a coat or boots one winter morning and mom said fine. I froze going to school and never did it again. I did the same one day when my son fussed about bundling up one cold day and I got a call from the school.I didn't have to explain my reasons but I did and was lectured by Ms. Expert on how bad an idea that was. I got expert suggestions on how to handle things her way. next issue become a fight and control struggle with my son because I felt I couldnt handle things my moms old fashioned way. i didn't want any grief from the school.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308737 Aug 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>My baby is 35 years old. He feeds himself just fine. Thanks for your concern.
The one that was aborted.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308738 Aug 20, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
it's amazing how you can smell other people's feces and say it stinks but you can't smell the stink wafting from your own feces. you're the one claiming to be an expert on all things. you just made a fool of yourself here.
Awwwww...are you scared to talk to me with your known name? Tsk!

What I said stands true.

Kthanks ;)

*smoochies*
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308739 Aug 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The teachers in private (Catholic) schools have more sense?????
A principal with a college degree has a paddle
to hit a child?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308740 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>You ASSume that I am ASSuming.
Nonsense.

Here is what you SAID...

"It takes alot of time and energy to homeschool so I would assume that the parents aren't "lazy or fsint of heart"."

You ASS.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308741 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps they didn't want to socialize with a wiccan. I am being honest in saying this. I wouldn't deliberately set up playdates with them either.
Nevertheless, you made it seem like "homeschoolers" who do it to avoid public secular school systems for specifically religious, don't socialize or join other activities. Not true.
I did no such thing, Liar. Not my fault you're too stupid to understand what was actually said.

And I didn't say anything about them in relation to ME, personally.

You're an idiot, who is completely clueless about this subject. Your every post on it proves your ignorance.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308742 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Awwwww...are you scared to talk to me with your known name? Tsk!
What I said stands true.
Kthanks ;)
*smoochies*
Trying to play the sexwhore won't work. Keep your festering, sore covered lips to yourself. Bitner has more intelligence and cred than you ever will.

What *I* said stands true.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308743 Aug 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a pretty big assumption. Nonetheless, if it's done well, it does take a lot of time and energy. So, if one intends to homeschool, one had better prepare to be rattled, stumped, flustered, overwhelmed, grilled, and ignored - just like real teachers. The trick is overcoming all that stuff, and actually teaching the kids. Lots of folks can't hack it.
<quoted text>Teach your kids to defend themselves, and arm them with "Start nothing, finish everything." Then, don't punish them when they stand up for themselves (or their friends) and get suspended as a result of zero tolerance policy.
Most schools have that, you know - kids usually learn bullying at home.
Oh, and 'a lot' is two words.
With all the negatives of homeschooling that you pointed out, my assumption seems on target.

I agree that kids need to stand up and defend themselves.

While kids do learn bullying at home(from overbearing, overly aggressive parents usually), alot of the time the bullying is "bullied" at home (emotionally, mentally, physically).
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308744 Aug 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
For once I agree with you.
But I want to expand on some of your post...
The big question is WHY aren't the schools doing more to address this? IMO, it's because many adults have abdicated so much of their authority to children, and are teaching their children that the world revolves around them. Teachers can no longer expect cooperation when they call the parents of troublemakers. A parent who approaches another parent about their child's behavior can expect to meet a lot of resistance.
Let me give you an example...I was once shopping in a grocery store bakery and saw a child approach the clerk. The child asked if the clerk could write "happy birthday daddy" on top of a chocolate cream pie. The clerk nicely explained that she could but because of the top of the pie the words might not be legible. The child thanked her and said he'd think more about what he wanted to do. Just a few minutes later the child returned with his mother and watched in horror as the mother reamed the 40 something clerk and raged at her that her son "could have whatever he asked for and the clerk should mind her own effing business and keep her opinions to herself", etc.
That clerk is a grown middle-aged working adult who was nice to that boy and was just doing her job but who got treated like a worthless doormat...and what did that boy learn?
Kids definately learn by what they live. Teachers/staff need to step up and start seeing the signs in order to address it. Teachers indeed have a hard time when communicating with parents.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308745 Aug 20, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to play the sexwhore won't work. Keep your festering, sore covered lips to yourself. Bitner has more intelligence and cred than you ever will.
What *I* said stands true.
Psst....take your mask off sweetie ;)

My husband likes when I play the "sexwhore". So, yeah, I will continue to play it.

Kthanks.

*smoochies*
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308746 Aug 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Here is what you SAID...
"It takes alot of time and energy to homeschool so I would assume that the parents aren't "lazy or fsint of heart"."
You ASS.
Your opinion isn't fact. Stop pretending that it is.

I repeat..It takes alot of time and energy to homeschool, so I would assume that the parents aren't lazy or faint of heart.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308747 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>With all the negatives of homeschooling that you pointed out, my assumption seems on target.
While kids do learn bullying at home(from overbearing, overly aggressive parents usually), alot of the time the bullying is "bullied" at home (emotionally, mentally, physically).
Teachers are bullies.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308748 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>With all the negatives of homeschooling that you pointed out, my assumption seems on target.
The expert is telling us all what is again. You must have advanced degree in every subject. At least you act like you do.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308749 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Kids definately learn by what they live. Teachers/staff need to step up and start seeing the signs in order to address it. Teachers indeed have a hard time when communicating with parents.
I suppose you witnessed every one of those parent & teacher conversations. You've got me on the edge of my seat do tell!
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308750 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Psst....take your mask off sweetie ;)
My husband likes when I play the "sexwhore". So, yeah, I will continue to play it.
Kthanks.
*smoochies*
Men will hump anything no matter how ugly and disease ridden. Lucky for you. Lucky for me I have some standards. I wouldn't touch you with another mans package. Don't bother puckering your oozing lips at me.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308751 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Psst.
I play the "sexwhore". I will continue to play it.
*smoochies*
I hope you can find plenty of desperate, blind men with no sense of smell.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308752 Aug 20, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Your opinion isn't fact. Stop pretending that it is.
You're not smelling the powerful stink wafting from your own feces again!
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#308753 Aug 20, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Men will hump anything no matter how ugly and disease ridden. Lucky for you. Lucky for me I have some standards. I wouldn't touch you with another mans package. Don't bother puckering your oozing lips at me.
Foo is the poster who shared she has bacterial vaginosis.

Hope that helps, Mrs. Crotch Rot.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

#308754 Aug 20, 2013
Rose is right wrote:
<quoted text>
A big problem is schools butting in on the parents business. Teachers being mandatory reporters has made some of them put Child Protective services on speed dial. my mom was a big believer in letting us learn from our mistakes. I follow the same style and the school is always interfering. My mothers way made for a lot less yelling and arguing. I said I didn't need a coat or boots one winter morning and mom said fine. I froze going to school and never did it again. I did the same one day when my son fussed about bundling up one cold day and I got a call from the school.I didn't have to explain my reasons but I did and was lectured by Ms. Expert on how bad an idea that was. I got expert suggestions on how to handle things her way. next issue become a fight and control struggle with my son because I felt I couldnt handle things my moms old fashioned way. i didn't want any grief from the school.
Well,Miss Masked marvel,schools have to follow certain protocol. As per your example of underdressing, school staff have to take into consideration that your reasoning for doing something most likly doesn't coincide with why other parents do it. Ignorance on behalf of parents or spoiledness of children are some examples.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,110,497
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 227,878
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Bruin For Life 27,430
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr mix an match 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••