Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,843
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#308689 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True ..But I was feeling adventurous ..had to ask ..
An adventure into the mind of knit and pray...I'll man the safety line. Tug twice when you're ready to get the heck.outta there....yikes!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#308690 Aug 19, 2013
They told you NOT to eat the brown acid!
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a child. The child is put to sleep. Babies are
born every day. The child can wake up.
Why are Germans barbarians?
Hitler made up abortion? Retardation?
Out casting and killing. Murder.
This man was so dumb and all the dumb dumbs that followed him.
Monkey see monkey do do.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#308691 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>An adventure into the mind of knit and pray...I'll man the safety line. Tug twice when you're ready to get the heck.outta there....yikes!
Hmmm....thing is her last post ..aside from.misunderstanding what I said ..Was actually a, well a post ..so I answered it as such .

A dialog night be a nice change

But I've got you on speed dial..Thanks

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#308692 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about??
We used scholarships and grants,and loans,for COLLEGE .
As the principal suggested
She said if my girl got a good education..She would be accepted into ANY COLLEGE she applied to...And we would figure out how to pay for it as the Colleges,want the kids with good background and grades,
SHE WAS RIGHT
I used what money I could get to pay for her grade,And high school.
Christian . And the school helped with their small fund for people without money who they wanted as students ..
She did very well..thank God ..
The Colleges do not hand out scholarships until they take the college entrance exam in the junior /senior year of high school, they not only HAVE to take the test, they have to have a high grade to get into the better schools. Then they have to file forms and fill out the FAFSAform and also have last years Income Tax forms. Most teenagers now also have to volunteer and have no police record. Most students who go for leadership positions in high school can expect to get good grants and scholarships. Also if the student is poor, they get a full pell grant with other loans nd grants, the loans they have to pay off including the parent plus loans. No one gets any scholarship until they take the SAT or ACT.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#308693 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometime s they do ..other times,they don't .
The aborted babies..I believe are with Jesus
They most likely don't remember they had mothers.
Will they be reunited someday '' I hope,so
There,is,a most beautiful book and movie
Called TILLY....By Frank Peretti
They are both beautifully done !!!
And explores the,subject :)
All the children remember their parents, even in abortion or miscarriage. Don't you read your bible?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308694 Aug 19, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>How can one use a scholarship for college for a parochial grade school? Most have programs. Your post is not believable.
Parochial school is getting expensive. They are getting
greedy. Public school can improve but they do not try.
Demeaning children by scolding and hurting them
is their way of teaching. They turn them into bullies.
How can they learn anything if they are always afraid?

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308695 Aug 19, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>The Colleges do not hand out scholarships until they take the college entrance exam in the junior /senior year of high school, they not only HAVE to take the test, they have to have a high grade to get into the better schools. Then they have to file forms and fill out the FAFSAform and also have last years Income Tax forms. Most teenagers now also have to volunteer and have no police record. Most students who go for leadership positions in high school can expect to get good grants and scholarships. Also if the student is poor, they get a full pell grant with other loans nd grants, the loans they have to pay off including the parent plus loans. No one gets any scholarship until they take the SAT or ACT.
What's your point knit.

I know all that quite well.

Went through the whole process many times ...

I said the,principal was correct ..a good education along with good grades ..gets you into the college of your choice ..then the rest for the money ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308696 Aug 19, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>All the children remember their parents, even in abortion or miscarriage. Don't you read your bible?
There are no tears in heaven knit ..And I BELIEVE THEY ARE IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS .

They know what He,deems,best for them to know,..it's,His,call.

I don't know what verse you are reading

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308697 Aug 19, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>All the children remember their parents, even in abortion or miscarriage. Don't you read your bible?
http://biblehub.com/revelation/21-4.htm
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308698 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point knit.
I know all that quite well.
Went through the whole process many times ...
I said the,principal was correct ..a good education along with good grades ..gets you into the college of your choice ..then the rest for the money ..
Redman at Monterrey Elementary has a paddle.
If parents give permission then they all should
go to jail. Give them all a whack in the head with it.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308699 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no tears in heaven knit ..And I BELIEVE THEY ARE IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS .
They know what He,deems,best for them to know,..it's,His,call.
I don't know what verse you are reading

They are asleep. So now there mothers want them.
Why? Can you imagine the pain of being aborted?
How come the mother lives?

Atrisco Village

#308700 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to sleep, dear. It's obviously all to much for your brain. No woman's abortion is your business, anyway.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308701 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Go to sleep, dear. It's obviously all to much for your brain. No woman's abortion is your business, anyway.
Give me the baby so I can feed him.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308702 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they are with Jesus
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308703 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they are with Jesus
Why would they be with him if you killed them?

Atrisco Village

#308704 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the baby so I can feed him.
My baby is 35 years old. He feeds himself just fine. Thanks for your concern.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308706 Aug 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.
Home schooling, like public schooling, is WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.
Both my children graduated at the tops of their classes, and both went to public schools....but their home-schooled compatriots have higher SAT scores. Just saying.
I homeschooled mine for a few years, in two different states. They too participated in outside activities, and scored very well on the standardized testing in VA. MD doesn't require it, but someone from the BOE came and interviewed me, the kids, and looked at the work they'd done for the year. Unfortunately, I then had to put them back into public school. BUT, they'd learned by then how to teach THEMSELVES, and did very well.

I met quite a few homeschoolers over the years, and I'd say the situation is not as cut and dry as some believe. There were many whose kids were doing great, at both learning AND socializing. Most, though, not so much. And I'm convinced the reason parents homeschool makes the difference.

Too many are homeschooling because they DON'T want their kids exposed to any ideas/beliefs but their own. And those kids are at a disadvantage, because they DON'T socialize, or only socialize with the kids of parents who share the same beliefs.

Like I said it's not cut and dry, as my story, and your own, shows. What it IS, is a very controversial subject that can really cause fights among people online, much like the subject of spanking :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308711 Aug 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I homeschooled mine for a few years, in two different states. They too participated in outside activities, and scored very well on the standardized testing in VA. MD doesn't require it, but someone from the BOE came and interviewed me, the kids, and looked at the work they'd done for the year. Unfortunately, I then had to put them back into public school. BUT, they'd learned by then how to teach THEMSELVES, and did very well.
I met quite a few homeschoolers over the years, and I'd say the situation is not as cut and dry as some believe. There were many whose kids were doing great, at both learning AND socializing. Most, though, not so much. And I'm convinced the reason parents homeschool makes the difference.
Too many are homeschooling because they DON'T want their kids exposed to any ideas/beliefs but their own. And those kids are at a disadvantage, because they DON'T socialize, or only socialize with the kids of parents who share the same beliefs.
Like I said it's not cut and dry, as my story, and your own, shows. What it IS, is a very controversial subject that can really cause fights among people online, much like the subject of spanking :)
It's not for the faint of heart, the lazy, or the narrow minded...on that, we seem to agree. If you don't mind my asking, what reason did the BOE give for requiring your kids go back to public school...or was that a personal decision due to time constraints, etc.?
worships reality

United States

#308712 Aug 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
no one asked you. all of this is irrelevant to a woman's right to choose.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#308714 Aug 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not for the faint of heart, the lazy, or the narrow minded...on that, we seem to agree. If you don't mind my asking, what reason did the BOE give for requiring your kids go back to public school...or was that a personal decision due to time constraints, etc.?
Oh, no, the BOE didn't require it. That was a decision I made due to the fact that I had to go back to work, and didn't have the time to devote to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,115,022
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min superwilly 228,546
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr tarmo 1,100
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 27,577
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr PieceMaker 339
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 7 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE