Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311147 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#307197 Aug 5, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>All abortions are elective Rose regardless the life and health reasons. She can still choose to continue the pregnancy or not. You are equating "elective" as if it's for any flimsy reason.
I do know what you mean Neo ..mom can choose to put off treatment
For her baby

Sorry

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#307198 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey well this is clearer but NR had m e with sepsis in the amniotic fluid ...
Of course he also cited a surgery ?????? Yesterday .
I should gave read but ruptured membranes ..imo no way to save baby .
As I already said to knit ..dying baby ..cause if sepsis or vice versa ...She didn't even think mom should get meds that COUKD HURT the a already dying baby .to Treat the s sepsis
But that blood test IF IT HAD BEEN given to the doc ..showing sepsis ..
Might have given them cause ..even under Irish law .
Dad SHOuld sue
Keep in mind Rose, that NR said he was a doctor.
pjckmen

Hanoi, Vietnam

#307200 Aug 6, 2013
This is my second visit to your content. I failed to leave a comment before, and wanted to tell you I really like your article. www.friv200.com

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#307201 Aug 6, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>Doctors can stop a miscarriage from happening nowadays. So hurrying a miscarriage is abortion.
And in this woman's case, stopping the miscarriage would have been murder, knutbar.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307202 Aug 6, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind Rose, that NR said he was a doctor.
Ahh well THat's,a new one ..really ..one day She had surgery causing sepsis..the next her amniotic fluid had sepsis,.

No wonder I'm confused..if a,DOCTOR is,.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307203 Aug 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And in this woman's case, stopping the miscarriage would have been murder, knutbar.
Thing is, with ruptured membranes ..I don't BELUEVE that's,possible

Also she's worried the AB meds,bad for the baby .

If mom dies..baby is,dead and this poor child already dying ..
Most likely the cause of the sepsis .
grumpy

Northport, NY

#307205 Aug 6, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The invstigative report on Savita's Death is here: http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2013/06/savita...
The Causal factors of her death are listed as follows:
Key Causal Factor 1:
Inadequate assemssemnt and monitoring that would have enabled the clinical team to recognize & respond to the signs that the patint's condition was deteriarating due to infection associated w/ a failure to devise & follow a plan of care for this patient that was stisfoctorily cognisant of the facts that:
- The most liekly cuase of the patient's inevitable miscarriage was infection and
- The risk of infection and sepsis increased wtih time following admission and especiallyfollowing the spontaneious rupture of the patient's membranes
Key Causal Factor 2:
Failure to offer all management options to a ptient experiencing inevitable miscarriage ofa n early second trimester pregnancy where the risk to the mother increased w/ time from time that embraines were ruptured.
Key Causal Factor 3:
Non adherence to clinical guidelines related to the prompt and effective management of sepsis, severe sepsis aand septic shock when it was diagnaosed.
_________
Ultimately, each physician (and nurse) expected that the others were following up on the blood test taken when Savita was admitted to the hospital. Her white blood cell count was elevated (indicating infection). They went several days assuming no infection (she even vomited twice).
By the time they diagnosed Savita w/ an infection (E. Coli infection of the amniotic sacs) it had spread to her blood stream(sepsis).
They began antibiotics too late - and had to change them after finding out which bacteria was involved. She declined very quickly and ultimately died of cardiac failure.
Had the infection been treated when localized, it's unlikely Savita would have ended up w/ sepsis and septic shock.
If nothing else, it makes an excellent case for a lawsuit.
Validated

Ardsley, NY

#307206 Aug 6, 2013
Why didn't they ask to have their baby delivered in an emergency situation vs aborting?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Also from that report. This was the THIRD time they asked for an abortion, when it was well known that there would be no viable baby:
"O&G Consultant 1 stated that the patient and her husband were emotional and upset when
told that a miscarriage was inevitable. The consultant stated that the patient and her
husband enquired about the possibility of using medication to induce miscarriage as they
indicated that they did not want a protracted waiting time when the outcome of miscarriage,
was inevitable.
At interview, O&G Registrar doctor 2 stated that the plan was to check the fetal heart and
that the patient had asked on the 23rd of October about termination.
O&G Consultant 1 stated that the patient and her husband were advised of Irish law in
relation to this. At interview the consultant stated “Under Irish law, if there’s no evidence of
risk to the life of the mother, our hands are tied so long as there’s a fetal heart”. The
consultant stated that if risk to the mother was to increase a termination would have been
possible, but that it would be based on actual risk and not a theoretical risk of infection “we
can’t predict who is going to get an infection”.
Validated

Ardsley, NY

#307207 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I already said to knit ..dying baby ..cause if sepsis or vice versa ...She didn't even think mom should get meds that COUKD HURT the a already dying baby .to Treat the s sepsis
Dad SHOuld sue
Morally and ethically,it is wrong to kill another's life,deliberately to so call "save" another. That baby should have been delivered,worst case scenario. The wo.an died from lack of treatment. Too late treatment is what killed her,not her baby.

If you and your newborn are both starving to death,do you have a right to eat all the food left so that you don't die?. Realistically,if you die,baby dies ,right?. So,you could argue that too. You wouldn't do that. Your heart would tell you to save both no matter what.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#307208 Aug 6, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
that agreemnent sorta threw you there, eh fecal boy?
wasn't expecting that one were you?
so you agree then on the fetus then right ? we don't know for sure. missed your answer.
come on...pull out of jonnycakes for a second and man up.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, I see.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307209 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that even if they had gotten the blood test ..seen sepsis
They should NOT have given her antibiotics because it might hurt
The ALREADY DYING BABY..That was probably the CAUSE of the sepsis??
Obviously they could mot save that baby Knit ..
Going only on the KNOWN may be supposed facts ..the baby dying in the womb was the most likely cause of the sepsis
ESPECIALLY GOING BY NR AND HIS "FACTS" ..it was in the AMNIOTIC FLUID
THEY FOUND THE SEPSIS.
And she was miscarrying.
Well your way certainly would not have sAved anyone ..THRY have her NO.MEDS to hurt that baby ..happy??
Rose: "The DYING BABY was the most likely cause of the sepsis"

E. Coli infection of the chorion and amnion membranes (Chorioamnionitis) was causing the miscarriage. The baby was not causing the infection.

Had physicians looked at blood-test results when admitted to the hospital, they would have seen Savita had elevated white blood cell count (indicating infection).

Everyone assumed somebody else had analyzed the test results, so they continued on as though no infection was present. Meanwhile, the infection spread to the blood (SEPSIS). By the time the physicians diagnosed her w/ an infection, it was already in the blood stream.

Intentionally killing the baby would not treat the infection in the blood. Targeted antiobiotics treat infection in the blood. Infection was diagnosed late, and Sepsis had a stronghold before antiobiotics could control it. Likewise, it takes time to find out which bacteria is involved so that the most effective antiobiotic can be used.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#307210 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the DNA in.my belief was from Eve ..Not Lucy whatever she was,
Too bad for your belief DNA doesn't show that we are descended from your fabled Eve.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#307212 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is I Agree. And this WOUKD be the same wrong is this case under Roe,.
Sorry, I don't understand. Are you saying this would have been the same situation, with the same outcome, had the Irish law been subject to Roe v Wade?
Just trying for a little clarity...
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307213 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dad SHOuld sue
Rose: "NR had me with sepsis in the amniotic fluid"

E. Coli infection of membranes...that eventually spread to the blood (i.e. Sepsis).

Rose: "Of course he also cited a surgery ?????? Yesterday ."

The type of E. Coli infection Savita had is commonly acquired in a hostpital/health care facility. I didn't realize Savita came to the hospital already having an e. coli infection. That's why I predicted she acquired it during surgery after admitted.

Infection of the membranes (amnion & chorion) can happen from bacteria introduced into the vagina during a vaginal exam (more so late in pregnancy).
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#307214 Aug 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes bit, I get that kinda evolution. I'm referring to the evolution that says we came from slim and lots of time.
Thanks for showing us what we already know; that you don't understand what evolution is.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307215 Aug 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Knit
You can believe the sky is red ..I really don't care .
I am NOT for abortion But I certainly am for proper treatment in a hospital .
And IF INDEED SEPSIS IN A WOMB IS FROM A DYING BABY ..they both will die if the miscarriage is NOT COMPLETE.
AGAIN NOW I AM MOSTLY GOING ON NR FACTS .
And had that had THST blood test they MOST CERTAINLY HAVE GIVEN ANTIBIOTICS TO MOM ..no matter the effect on the child .
But you think she SHOUld not even HAVE done that for her .
that's horrid
The baby was at risk of acquiring the infection from the membranes, so antiobiotics would have only helped her/him.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#307216 Aug 6, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby was at risk of acquiring the infection from the membranes, so antiobiotics would have only helped her/him.
Giving the 'baby' antibiotics would have accomplished nothing - she was already miscarrying, and the infection, which she got from carrying a septic fetus, was killing her. But due to ineptitude on the part of the hospital's lab, and cowardice on the part of the administrator, she died, right along with her non-viable fetus.

She should have been given the option of an abortion, as soon as she requested information about the efficacy of one - but the hospital was far more worried about the legal and religious ramifications of killing her fetus, than the legal and financial consequences of just letting her die.

Dad's going to get rich.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#307217 Aug 6, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
none at all. just asked you a simple question that you seem to have a problem answering. i wonder why that is?
Because your question is unclear. I'm trying to find out what it is you want know.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#307218 Aug 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where it says it begins to function at a later time.
Oh, did you think "functional circuit" meant it was functioning at 18 weeks?
You did. Admit it.
Your article clearly says a FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT exists at 18 weeks. A FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT doesn't mean a nonfunctioning circuit.

Yee gads..........

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307219 Aug 6, 2013
Validated wrote:
Why didn't they ask to have their baby delivered in an emergency situation vs aborting? <quoted text>
At seventeen weeks?? It was,in process of miscarriage .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,382,833
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Demon Finder 255,258
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Evan 32,266
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web