Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,097
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#307102 Aug 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion, but it's not based upon facts. And I will continue to point that out.
The point is that most DO choose to have abortions before then, so the law is unnecessary.
That it is based on the premise that the fetus feels pain, which many studies, done in multiple disciplines, and not having anything to do with the abortion issue, have proven is not true. So, it IS based upon junk science.
The reason they didn't used to think newborns felt pain is because they never bothered to test it. That has changed. Not only that, but NOW they know, from all the modern imaging equipment, not to mention autopsies done on aborted fetuses, that they mechanism FOR pain perception aren't even in place at 20 weeks, or even until MUCH later in the pregnancy.
AND, the federal law takes away a state's rights to regulate abortions as it sees fit, as per RvW. So, it is unconstitutional.
All excellent points. Apparently, physiological science doesn't matter. Beliefs trump facts, in many people's books.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#307103 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "NR's post contained a Freudian slip, when he said 'contempt' instead of content.' My point was an aside, and didn't have anything to do with that."
________
Actually, the post you speak of was
Tamara's from Monson, MA.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
"My point was an aside, and didn't have anything to do with that."
And it didn't have anything to do with me.
Maybe you are the one guilty of a Freudian slip.
Pay attention.
Uh huh. Sure, No Relevance. Of COURSE that wasn't you. </sarcasm>

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#307104 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
2,000 baby women are scheduled to be executed in American abortuaries today. And tomorrow. And the next day.....
Your faux "feminism" is duly noted.
Again.
Women are adults, not "babies".

Your stupidity is duly noted.

Atrisco Village

#307105 Aug 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point.
Can we apply that same logic to our discussions about Jesus, what "god" said and the bible?
Yes, let's!
How many takers do you think you'll get?

Atrisco Village

#307106 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We can it was already done and written about. You just choose not to believe the writings
Lots,of of people heard from Him Him directly ..Not just in prayer ..
They most certainly will again ..
So far no fetus has,spoken ..wish they could .
Sorry, unless you have proof, you have only an opinion. That's why it's called a practice of faith. Nothing wrong with that, but there's no proof of the existence of a god. Anecdotal testimonies prove nothing.
FaShizzle

United States

#307107 Aug 5, 2013
Abortion is evil! The wanton destruction of innocent preborn human childrens!! Abortiotion needs to be completely wiped out!!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#307108 Aug 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Okey dokey. Do what you do, you're awesome. However, I seriously doubt that repeating something is the height of folly. I can think of a ton of behaviors that are far worse than that.
I stand corrected ..their are worse behaviours for sure .

But I think it was a quote I was thinking of..anyway folly is kind of
Benign as words go ..IMO...which is what I was going for .

I just don't like a arguing beyond the point where no one
On either side will agree

It's not helpful nor healthy ..IMO
FaShizzle

United States

#307109 Aug 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, let's!
You are an evil depreaved witch woman who happily supports the mass murder of preborn innocents!! Hell has a special place fir people like you!
Gtown71

United States

#307110 Aug 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is appalling. Whatever changes best help a species adapt to it's environment and survive as a whole, is evolution. If that means becoming smaller, than that is what happens. It makes no difference to the species if individuals can get squished on a bug shield.
Yes bit, but when I speak of evolution, you know which one I'm referring to.
Plus I watched shark week last night, perhaps you should check out how Big some sharks get. Despite what experts may say. Megladon is what they call him.

Lady got a pic, plus there was a pic from years ago that matched his dorsal fin. He was as big as the submarines in the pic.

Not to mention the full grown whale that had over one third it's body bitten off!
A few large creatures made it after the flood.:)
FaShizzle

United States

#307111 Aug 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are adults, not "babies".
Your stupidity is duly noted.
Your a cow that inhales butter an bacon sandwiches! I bet when your husband has sex with you you crush the bed springs!
FaShizzle

United States

#307112 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats not helpful is you playing kissy face all over the proaborts! get some self respect!
FaShizzle

United States

#307113 Aug 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus I watched shark week last night, perhaps you should check out how Big some sharks get. Despite what experts may say. Megladon is what they call him.
Lady got a pic, plus there was a pic from years ago that matched his dorsal fin. He was as big as the submarines in the pic.
Not to mention the full grown whale that had over one third it's body bitten off!
What do you expect from an evil pagan that worships sex and trees?
FaShizzle

United States

#307114 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your such a fool! Your too lame and clueless to get that the proaborts are just using you! Wake up! get a life and srop being here 24-7 kissing proabort ass! Go clean your trailer!
FaShizzle

United States

#307115 Aug 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A full grown whale? Musta been Bitter!
Gtown71

United States

#307116 Aug 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, let's!
Well, they say where's there smoke there's fire, and with so many claiming to have a life changing experience, one would think others would think more on the subject, then sorry just a fable.
Gtown71

United States

#307117 Aug 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, unless you have proof, you have only an opinion. That's why it's called a practice of faith. Nothing wrong with that, but there's no proof of the existence of a god. Anecdotal testimonies prove nothing.
Very true!!! It's funny, but God wants one to take Him on faith :)
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#307118 Aug 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't debate opinion, Rose.
We debate fact.
And my facts outnumber your opinions and opinion pieces.
You have every right in the USA to hold close to your opinion. Even as they show your blatant hypocrisy.
This is not meant unkindly, but as an eye opener.
Number one, I link you to images of fetal brains showing a smooth cortex at 22 weeks. That is fact. At 22wks gestation, the brain is not formed for any sensory input or output. Therefore there is no possibility of a fetus feeling pain. Period.
But hold dear to your opinion. Your opinion will not outweigh fact.
Katie V.: "I link you to images of fetal brains showing a smooth cortex at 22 weeks. That is fact. At 22wks gestation, the brain is not formed for any sensory input or output. Therefore there is no possibility of a fetus feeling pain. Period."

No, Katie, not "period."

I recently reminded you of the subplate zone. You then cited a an article from the National Institute of Health website http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...

That article alone places doubt on your antiquated theory regurgitated above.

Heck YOUR article even CLEARLY stated that a "FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT" of the cortex forms in the suplate zone AT 18 wks gestation. It mentions the "precocious" subplate neurons, the subplate being "a highly DYNAMIC compartment," high degree of diversity among subplate neurons, "subplate nuerons are electrically active & "capable of firing action potentials into the cortical and subcortical circuitry," ... there's an "invasion of the subplate by the THALAMOCORTICAL AFFERENTS" (i.e. sensory information coming FROM the body). FYI: Thalamocortical & basal forebrain afferents make up 35% of the crebral wall by 16 weeks.

It is also worth mentioning that this 2010 document ADMITS much study is necessary to more fully understand the subplate zone.

For example:

"The data that we collected in this study only give preliminary information about the developing human cortex at each time-point."

"Further investigations of the gene expression, cell types & connectivity of the subcompartments within the large human subplate are required."

"The functional significance of plasma proteins synthesized by subplate neurons is not known..."

"Understanding of cell-type-specific gene expression, and development of early connections together with modern imaging methods will enable the more selective investigation of various neuropathologies involving the subplate."

(You poo-poo the subplate zone, but when subplate zone abnormalities exists schizophrenia, ADHD, dyslexia, etc. may result.)

You say you read the article, but you must have missed the parts about action potentials, early thalamocortical sensory input to subplate zone, "increased complexity in both subplate cell types & subplate arrangements."

Isn't it you who berates others for poor comprehension skills?

That's what I thought.

Period.
FaShizzle

United States

#307119 Aug 5, 2013
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
We got Bitter the gut buster!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#307120 Aug 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ridicule of evolution in that post was based entirely on the false premise that "bigger is better". Yes, I know, you're thinking of the phrase "survival of the fittest", but even THAT doesn't equal "bigger is better". Adaptation is about being better suited to your environment. Sometimes becoming smaller is what is needed, and so it's what happens.

You want to deny evolution, okay.

So tell me, what do humans use their appendix for these days?

Why is it that we need a new flu vaccine every year?
worships reality

United States

#307121 Aug 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point.
Can we apply that same logic to our discussions about Jesus, what "god" said and the bible?
of course you can. that has always been a matter of faith.

so you agree on the fetus then?

Jonnycakes still full of you? oo-gaa!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min TSM 1,156,080
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 233,138
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 6 hr Earthling-1 2,741
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr zubedaanur 693
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Fri best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web