Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Jan 22, 2008 Read more: Newsday 309,616
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#306875 Aug 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM NOT YOUR POLICE FORCE ..You guys have a,computer talk for yourself..I do
You also talk for foo. You are foo's "police force." YOU attacked me over comments about Foo's kidney stone.
Your words are hollow when viewed from the lens of your actions. See how that works?
Hypocrite.
LOL Rose take her sharp, vicious claws on you? Was that before or after you called her a lapdog?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#306876 Aug 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What else did I say about the infection? I questioned when physicians new of Savita's infection and that they likely did not begin antiobiotics soon enough.
Coroners report made it sound like Savita's had a "nosocomial infection" (i.e., an infection acquired while in hospital). He specifically pointed out strong possibility that infection pathway was surgery to remove her dead baby.
Please pay attention. Your ignorance is tiring.
TIA.
It makes no difference. Religion played a huge role in her death and that is what Foo stated and the jury agreed and "strongly" endorsed the coroners recommendations the first of which was "You may recommend that the Medical Council lay out exactly when a doctor can intervene to save the life of the mother in similar circumstances, which will remove doubt and fear from the doctor and also reassure the public. An Bord Altranais should have similar directives for midwives so that the two professions always complement one another".

“Exit Stage Right”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#306877 Aug 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Rose take her sharp, vicious claws on you? Was that before or after you called her a lapdog?
Sharp claws? Lapdog? Kidney stones?
Visciuos roses? Hypocrisy?
What kind of forum is this ?
Interesting or violent .

Must be from staying up late ..
Was looking for life on Topix ..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306878 Aug 2, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
hey look, it's shovelface...aka geezy rider.
by any other name still as clueless as ever.
When you can't refute the facts, you hurl your feces at the bars of your cage.

Typical.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#306879 Aug 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference. Religion played a huge role in her death and that is what Foo stated and the jury agreed and "strongly" endorsed the coroners recommendations the first of which was "You may recommend that the Medical Council lay out exactly when a doctor can intervene to save the life of the mother in similar circumstances, which will remove doubt and fear from the doctor and also reassure the public. An Bord Altranais should have similar directives for midwives so that the two professions always complement one another".
Still think this hospital may have screwed up with getting the blood tests yo the doc ..from what THaT report said..a dying baby might cause the infection ..And have given them cause to induce labor ..And give her antibiotics ..no violence ..just an expulsion. Sadly of a DYING baby causing the infection

Mid wives?? Well hopefully they would send them to ANY OTHER HODPITAL

again part of that story is missing ..there is s reason for sepsis

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306880 Aug 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When you can't refute the facts, you hurl your feces at the bars of your cage.
Typical.
Wow what a picture you paint. Lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306881 Aug 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference. Religion played a huge role in her death and that is what Foo stated and the jury agreed and "strongly" endorsed the coroners recommendations the first of which was "You may recommend that the Medical Council lay out exactly when a doctor can intervene to save the life of the mother in similar circumstances, which will remove doubt and fear from the doctor and also reassure the public. An Bord Altranais should have similar directives for midwives so that the two professions always complement one another".
My comment on midwives ..This woman badly needed IVS of some kind and better medical treatment than she got..But also in an emergency more than a midwife can do..

Unless maybe they are PA s???
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#306882 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still think this hospital may have screwed up with getting the blood tests yo the doc ..from what THaT report said..a dying baby might cause the infection ..And have given them cause to induce labor ..And give her antibiotics ..no violence ..just an expulsion. Sadly of a DYING baby causing the infection
Mid wives?? Well hopefully they would send them to ANY OTHER HODPITAL
again part of that story is missing ..there is s reason for sepsis
That was a terrible tragedy when that Indian woman died in Ireland. Totally unnecessary.

So the rest of the stor? Yeah, the part where the fetal heart beat was still being detected. That's what'll happen here, too, if these over-the-top restrictions remain state law. That's why Roe states what it does regarding elective abortion; to protect women.

I know you don't agree with the medical terminology, but all abortion is elective. Even for ectopic pregnancy. Women still have to sign the dotted line to receive treatment.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#306883 Aug 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Rose! Please pass on my best wishes to Foo for her speedy recovery.
Sue is correct. Nasty takes place on both sides of this debate. And yes, I'm more likely to ignore "nasty" from the side that favors my opinion. Still... c'mon. There should be some boundaries. Right?
Hey Aged,

I've been busy and I haven't been on much but I saw this post and wanted to address it. Nasty comments do come from both sides and I tend to ignore most of it (I would never eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom if I tried to address every nasty comment), on the other hand I have addressed nasty comments that came from both sides of the issue. A few years back I jumped all over foo for a post that I thought was particularly inappropriate-we didn't have a civil post between us for over a year. I have also addressed post from prolifers that I saw as inappropriate, what's interesting is that when I did I was accused of traitor because I was siding with the pro"choicers" even tho I am far from being pro"choice". I wonder why....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306884 Aug 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a terrible tragedy when that Indian woman died in Ireland. Totally unnecessary.
So the rest of the stor? Yeah, the part where the fetal heart beat was still being detected. That's what'll happen here, too, if these over-the-top restrictions remain state law. That's why Roe states what it does regarding elective abortion; to protect women.
I know you don't agree with the medical terminology, but all abortion is elective. Even for ectopic pregnancy. Women still have to sign the dotted line to receive treatment.
Katie. It's late I'm s sleepy

Said before we don't agree on pain law.

But it says nothing that would not let them save the life of a mom.
In this case ..they did NOT do that .

It's not the same thing ..even now after viability in place ..say 30
Weeks they if acting correctly do not let mom die if the can help it .

They try to save both lives !!! Sometimes they DELIVER ..NOT KILL ..baby ..And it does not live.

If you go for WHAT I TERM AN ELECTIVE ABORTION..your purpose is to end the baby's life ....if you Must deliver a child early ..or cut out an ectopic baby and tube or ovary ..your purpose is saving a life or both lives

Huge difference in purpose

..You want to say it's all abortion ..I think that is what messes up all discussion.

However in ectopic pregnancies..they save mom..remove dead or dying baby ..save life ..deliver early if necessary ..save life ..all will remain legal with the pain law ..

We disagree on the law you are referencing ...please let's leave it at that ..we went at this for days .And we do not see eye to eye or even close .

GOOD NITE KATIE AND ALL

Good nite

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#306885 Aug 2, 2013
NR, sassy, and the many faces of knit have formed a cabal of ultra-righteous, religious-zealot, don't-DARE-argue-with-us templars who demand lockstep devotion the pope could only dream of getting. Any variance is a sin, for which you must be punished.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Aged,
I've been busy and I haven't been on much but I saw this post and wanted to address it. Nasty comments do come from both sides and I tend to ignore most of it (I would never eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom if I tried to address every nasty comment), on the other hand I have addressed nasty comments that came from both sides of the issue. A few years back I jumped all over foo for a post that I thought was particularly inappropriate-we didn't have a civil post between us for over a year. I have also addressed post from prolifers that I saw as inappropriate, what's interesting is that when I did I was accused of traitor because I was siding with the pro"choicers" even tho I am far from being pro"choice". I wonder why....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306886 Aug 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Aged,
Ok one post more since I hardly ever see you

There is no way to stop the feud between these certain posters

So I tried not commenting ..debate ..heartedly ..got slammed and get slammed for not playing police .

With few exceptions such as your self ..I was welcomed and treated respectfully much more by the pro choice side.

I did not come back Here to take abuse ..And from certain people on my own side that is all I've gotten since I won't be hateful in posting to
The pro-choice side.

We are adults mostly women ..we SHOUKD be able to HSVE adult discourse

Argue our points and may be even share a laugh at something nit serious

But if you are nit in lock step ..You get harassed

That is how I have seen it anyway

Location hidden

#306887 Aug 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
NR, sassy, and the many faces of knit have formed a cabal of ultra-righteous, religious-zealot, don't-DARE-argue-with-us templars who demand lockstep devotion the pope could only dream of getting. Any variance is a sin, for which you must be punished.
<quoted text>
Which is why this fight will never end.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306888 Aug 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry did not mean to leave you out lol .

We are humans behind the screen names was my point ..

We should be able to share
More than debate after all these years,..IMO

Like when we all shared old songs,

And certainly not have to be harassed ..

But sadly I'm coming to agree with your
Assessment .

Location hidden

#306889 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok one post more since I hardly ever see you
There is no way to stop the feud between these certain posters
So I tried not commenting ..debate ..heartedly ..got slammed and get slammed for not playing police .
With few exceptions such as your self ..I was welcomed and treated respectfully much more by the pro choice side.
I did not come back Here to take abuse ..And from certain people on my own side that is all I've gotten since I won't be hateful in posting to
The pro-choice side.
We are adults mostly women ..we SHOUKD be able to HSVE adult discourse
Argue our points and may be even share a laugh at something nit serious
But if you are nit in lock step ..You get harassed
That is how I have seen it anyway
I have always, and continue to enjoy your posts, RoSesz. It's nice to have a fresh voice on here-most new posters leave rather quickly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306890 Aug 2, 2013
Anyway really gnite all..

Peace and God bless
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#306891 Aug 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie. It's late I'm s sleepy
Said before we don't agree on pain law.
But it says nothing that would not let them save the life of a mom.
In this case ..they did NOT do that .
It's not the same thing ..even now after viability in place ..say 30
Weeks they if acting correctly do not let mom die if the can help it .
They try to save both lives !!! Sometimes they DELIVER ..NOT KILL ..baby ..And it does not live.
If you go for WHAT I TERM AN ELECTIVE ABORTION..your purpose is to end the baby's life ....if you Must deliver a child early ..or cut out an ectopic baby and tube or ovary ..your purpose is saving a life or both lives
Huge difference in purpose
..You want to say it's all abortion ..I think that is what messes up all discussion.
However in ectopic pregnancies..they save mom..remove dead or dying baby ..save life ..deliver early if necessary ..save life ..all will remain legal with the pain law ..
We disagree on the law you are referencing ...please let's leave it at that ..we went at this for days .And we do not see eye to eye or even close .
GOOD NITE KATIE AND ALL
Good nite
No Rose. We don't disagree on the law I am addressing because I did not address any one law.

My point was and still is with these over-the-top restrictions recently made into laws in various states throughout the USA, we will begin to see women dying rather than receiving a life-saving abortion. Especially in that state which claims a fetal heartbeat can be detected at 6 weeks gestation. Most tubal pregnancies grow until they're too big for their environment -- generally 8 weeks gestation.

Roe already has protections against this built right into it. And I do think that 6wk fetal heartbeat limit didn't pass; which is a very good thing.

It would be nice if the people making and/or agreeing with these crazy restrictions look at it realistically rather than idealistically.

G'night.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306892 Aug 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose. We don't disagree on the law I am addressing because I did not address any one law.
My point was and still is with these over-the-top restrictions recently made into laws in various states throughout the USA, we will begin to see women dying rather than receiving a life-saving abortion. Especially in that state which claims a fetal heartbeat can be detected at 6 weeks gestation. Most tubal pregnancies grow until they're too big for their environment -- generally 8 weeks gestation.
Roe already has protections against this built right into it. And I do think that 6wk fetal heartbeat limit didn't pass; which is a very good thing.
It would be nice if the people making and/or agreeing with these crazy restrictions look at it realistically rather than idealistically.
G'night.
Yes, I think you're correct - these restrictions, while limiting access to legal safe abortion, are not going to otherwise save any lives, but will cause the loss of life to women whose pregnancies fall outside the limits, and whose circumstances are not provided for by the new laws.

I'm also glad that women have not been limited to 6 weeks of gestation before a legal abortion would become illegal - many women don't even know they're pregnant at 6 weeks. And there are so many other ways pregnancy can go wrong - when it does, if the law doesn't recognize it as a 'legal' reason to abort, she'd just have to "hope for the best" and gestate by default, because her pregnancy falls outside the time limits, depending on the enforcement of the law.

I foresee certain states with a huge increase in deaths of women from gestational complications, and others which will see their abortion clinics become understaffed, and overwhelmed, because women can't get an abortion in their own state.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#306893 Aug 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I think you're correct - these restrictions, while limiting access to legal safe abortion, are not going to otherwise save any lives, but will cause the loss of life to women whose pregnancies fall outside the limits, and whose circumstances are not provided for by the new laws.
I'm also glad that women have not been limited to 6 weeks of gestation before a legal abortion would become illegal - many women don't even know they're pregnant at 6 weeks. And there are so many other ways pregnancy can go wrong - when it does, if the law doesn't recognize it as a 'legal' reason to abort, she'd just have to "hope for the best" and gestate by default, because her pregnancy falls outside the time limits, depending on the enforcement of the law.
I foresee certain states with a huge increase in deaths of women from gestational complications, and others which will see their abortion clinics become understaffed, and overwhelmed, because women can't get an abortion in their own state.
Yes, sadly, I see it that way, too, NAP. There are so many variances on pregnancy going wrong... When I was experiencing the ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy confirmed prior to surgery that was put on hold), a blood clot in my uterus was mistaken for the embryo. So every time they did an ultrasound, they kept telling me I was fine. For two weeks I was in and out of the clinic, telling them all the symptoms typical for ectopic pregnancy. But that stupid blood clot kept getting in the way. It wasn't until the hcg levels began to fall (along with my blood pressure) before they did anything more than a general exam. But even as the blood pressure began to fall, they kept telling me I was in a normal range. But it was too low for me, specifically. I was already deemed high risk because of two prior full term pre-ecclamptic pregnancies.

And all of this happened in a hospital that did not do abortion on demand. I am pretty sure what some posters call "elective" they're really talking about on-demand. Anyway, with my front-clasping bra flying behind me on the gurney as I'm wheeled into emergency surgery, with IVs in both arms and the bra strap caught by the tubing, I still had to sign the paperwork allowing the procedure to be done.

Anyway, I take that experience from the late '80s and fast forward to today's crazy restrictions and think other women will not be so lucky. They won't have the minutes to spare... Death by internal bleeding when tubes and uteruses rupture is fairly quick.

Sadly, too many idealists pat themselves on the back and think it won't ever happen. I vehemently disagree.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#306895 Aug 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
G'night.
Despite the fact that life-saving abortions is an oxymoron, since someone is always killed with an abortion. Abortions for the health of the mother have always been legal, and are therefore irrelevant to this discussion.
The fact that most of the babies killed with abortion are female, which is what women are, seems to escape your feeble demented mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,216,807
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 min tom wingo 29,521
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. 56 min UHB 1
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr nanoanomaly 237,697
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Pride of GA 5,228
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 14 tom wingo 73
More from around the web