Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
287,021 - 287,040 of 305,386 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

FREEDOMS A GIRL RIKS LOSING

The freedoms a girl risks LOSING by choosing to have sex include, but aren't limited to, the following:

1. Her freedom to do almost anything she wants, as long as it doesn't involve substance abuse and criminal activity

2. Her freedom to hang out with her girlfriends at the mall, the movies, anywhere they choose

3. Her freedom to travel with family or friends during summer vacations

4. Her freedom to read books for hours during summer vacation with few or no interruptions

5. Her freedom to go with her friends to the local beach or pool during the summer

6. Her freedom to practice any sport, craft, or hobby she enjoys doing

7. Her freedom to work on things like the school newspaper and other non-school activities during the school year

8. Her freedom to write news stories, fiction, or poetry, if that is one of her strong interests

9. Her freedom to keep a straight-A average in school

10. Her freedom to BE a normal teenager

By caving in to either her desires or a guy's demands to have sex with him in middle or high school, a teen girl risks LOSING most or all of her freedoms if she ends up pregnant. ANY guy, teen or older, who keeps PRESSURING her to have sex isn't thinking about her at all. He is only thinking of HIMSELF and what HE wants. Will he promise to "take care of her and the baby" if she gets pregnant? Maybe...then again, maybe not. Even if a guy does promise he'll "take care of her," his promise is easy to make...and just as easy to break. Many teen guys HAVE made such empty promises, only to break them later on.

A girl keeps her power and all her freedoms by DUMPING a guy who keeps pressuring her to have sex. And she is NOT a "loser" if she doesn't have a steady boyfriend while she's in high school.

Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD-FREE
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

just choose life wrote:
I am tired of you rose, you are too naive to be on Topix, you are on constantly , everyday, don't you have a life outside topix? Don't you have real friends? Hobbies? A husband? You won't dind real and true friends on forums , rose. Now go and get off topix and pay attention to your family.
It's ROSE'S Topix account, HER time, and HER right to spend it any way she chooses. In other words, it's none of YOUR business how much time Rose spends on Topix.

If her posts bother YOU so much, scroll right past them. That should be easy enough, even for YOU to figure out.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like rose is up to something, I wouldn't trust her, she could be telling foo a lot of lies. I have never known foo to get a death threat on this forum. Could be both are in cahoots on this lie. Did you see my post on Melissa Harris Perry saying that the newborn could be killed if the parents deemed it not human yet? SICK. gotta go and fill the dishwasher up!
What is truly sick, is the fact that you lie about what other people say. The woman never said anything remotely like that, you lying sack of sh*t.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Oh bull. If anythingwhen i came on here after some time, Rose bad mouthed knit to me. I told her REPEATEDLY to stop because I didn't want to get involved in their argument. She continued to bash her left and right . I told her to ignore her then but she didn't because she was having too much fun gossiping about her with you proaborts. I was very nice to her. She was not happy that i wouldn't turn on knit thougb.
She even accused me of being knit when i told her that i wasnt.
I never had an issue with Rose. I have since seen that Rose is hypocritical. SHE judges others for their "evil" yet won't be honest enough to admit that abortion and those involved, are evil. She is afraid to tell what's on her mind...hence the reason why she ignored my questions to her. She KNEW thst if she spoke the truth...on behalf of the unborn...and as a Christian-to tell those involed that they are gravely offending God...that she'd not be liked.
You lie. Rose has been quite clear about her position against abortion. She just doesn't go about it the way you, and Knut and No Relevance do, IOW, she's not in lockstep with you, and so she gets harassed. That is a fact.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>You have called me knut and prey. yes you did. you have called me *it*, please.... I told you to stop using my former name, yet you still do , that is harassment. You know what? You can't take what is on this forum, you shouldn't be on this forum.
No one has to stop using any screen name you are known as, especially when you aren't registered, and change names all the time.

Stop being pissy, we all know it's you anyway, changing your name won't change that.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Grand Canyon is a Grand example :)
If you go outside and pour a cup of water on a dirt spot, notice what it does? Kinda makes a little trench, and all you need do is imagine enough water to cover the earth, as it ran off.
I realize you believe it was formed over millions of years, from the little creek bellow :(
The "little creek" wasn't little, or below then.

The fact is that YOU are the one taking things on faith only. No matter how much you wish to pretend that scientific facts are only beliefs, they are not. Just because science does not yet know everything, doesn't mean it doesn't know anything at all.
Gtown71

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The "little creek" wasn't little, or below then.
The fact is that YOU are the one taking things on faith only. No matter how much you wish to pretend that scientific facts are only beliefs, they are not. Just because science does not yet know everything, doesn't mean it doesn't know anything at all.
I realize science knows a lot, but unless science has video footage of the Grand Canyon being formed, my geuss is as good as theirs.

There is a point where you must take what they "think, believe, feel like " happened, by faith.
The Bible never changes, unlike scientific method's.
Gtown71

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
FREEDOMS A GIRL RIKS LOSING
The freedoms a girl risks LOSING by choosing to have sex include, but aren't limited to, the following:
1. Her freedom to do almost anything she wants, as long as it doesn't involve substance abuse and criminal activity
2. Her freedom to hang out with her girlfriends at the mall, the movies, anywhere they choose
3. Her freedom to travel with family or friends during summer vacations
4. Her freedom to read books for hours during summer vacation with few or no interruptions
5. Her freedom to go with her friends to the local beach or pool during the summer
6. Her freedom to practice any sport, craft, or hobby she enjoys doing
7. Her freedom to work on things like the school newspaper and other non-school activities during the school year
8. Her freedom to write news stories, fiction, or poetry, if that is one of her strong interests
9. Her freedom to keep a straight-A average in school
10. Her freedom to BE a normal teenager
By caving in to either her desires or a guy's demands to have sex with him in middle or high school, a teen girl risks LOSING most or all of her freedoms if she ends up pregnant. ANY guy, teen or older, who keeps PRESSURING her to have sex isn't thinking about her at all. He is only thinking of HIMSELF and what HE wants. Will he promise to "take care of her and the baby" if she gets pregnant? Maybe...then again, maybe not. Even if a guy does promise he'll "take care of her," his promise is easy to make...and just as easy to break. Many teen guys HAVE made such empty promises, only to break them later on.
A girl keeps her power and all her freedoms by DUMPING a guy who keeps pressuring her to have sex. And she is NOT a "loser" if she doesn't have a steady boyfriend while she's in high school.
Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD-FREE
I agree 100%, BUT if a girl CHOOSES to have sex, and gets pregnant, she will either let happen what happens, or she must CHOOSE to have the life inside of her exterminated, in order to keep her freedom.

She must end the life of the child inside if her in order to keep her life the way it is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize science knows a lot, but unless science has video footage of the Grand Canyon being formed, my geuss is as good as theirs.
There is a point where you must take what they "think, believe, feel like " happened, by faith.
The Bible never changes, unlike scientific method's.
It's not a guess. That's my point.

The Scientific Method does not change. And the bible HAS changed, given how many times it's been translated, even added to. That was an incredibly ignorant comment.

No matter how much you wish, you can't change the fact that science has evidence on it's side, and your bible is merely belief.
Katie Still Not Reading

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a child nor a human life. We don't spend our days inside another, not breathing oxygen but taking in fluid and getting fed with a tube in our stomach from the sac of food around us....you aren't using reality in describing life.
Your soul is a religious belief..not a physical presence.
Sorry Cook. You can say the fetus is not a "child" or a "human being" or a "person", or any other subjective philosophical term you want. But when you say it's not human, not alive, or not a unique developing human life, then you are contradicting science.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ROSE'S Topix account, HER time, and HER right to spend it any way she chooses. In other words, it's none of YOUR business how much time Rose spends on Topix.
If her posts bother YOU so much, scroll right past them. That should be easy enough, even for YOU to figure out.
Thanks,Ocean

And as anyone who knows,me well. Figures out .

If someone is telling me to leave ..it has the opposite effect .

If I even wanted to ...I wouldn't .

NO ONE has the right to order anyone off here .

On another nite ..if you collected those cute brush offs and posted them ..hmm not sure where ..they might get attention from your
Desired audience ...they are catchy ..

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has to stop using any screen name you are known as, especially when you aren't registered, and change names all the time.
Stop being pissy, we all know it's you anyway, changing your name won't change that.
Exactly..it's a name she gave herself ..not anything nasty.

Have to be sure I'm addressing the right person.

The names,change every day ..And any one she posts to

Calling me names,should know who she is each time she does it .

Would hate anyone to think I had that many people who actually hate me
Katie Still Not Reading

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Katie didn't ask you to prove a negative.
Of course she did.
She told you to prove her assertion a fallacy.
Fallacy ( fallacious -- wrong or false ) in and of itself is a negative. She was asking me to prove what she said was false.
If she'd said "Prove it is NOT a fallacy," that would be asking you to prove a negative.
Wrong. That would have been a double negative. She would have been asking to prove that it was NOT false, I..e. that it was true.
Think about what she said for a second , imbecile.
She said RvW protects you against forced abortion.
How would anyone prove that a fallacy? By showing in the decision where it does NOT address forced abortion? It would be much easier for her to show us all where it DOES address forced abortion.
But of course YOU can't prove anything at all, except that you are a moron.
Next...
You SO wanted to show me up. To expose me as a moron. But instead you crapped out. You ended up looking like more of a schmuck than Katie did.

Too bad for you.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

just choose life wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if rose is foo. Where is foo anyway? wonder if she is that poster who used the *c* word A LOT.
Just Choose Life posted: "Where is foo anyway?"

Maybe she took a vacation to Bannedville, USA.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a child nor a human life. We don't spend our days inside another, not breathing oxygen but taking in fluid and getting fed with a tube in our stomach from the sac of food around us....you aren't using reality in describing life.
Your soul is a religious belief..not a physical presence.
Cookie: "A fetus is not a child nor a human life."
________

DNA analysis results of preborn baby indicates that s/he is a unique, distinct human being.
Tamara

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Katie Still Not Reading wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Cook. You can say the fetus is not a "child" or a "human being" or a "person", or any other subjective philosophical term you want. But when you say it's not human, not alive, or not a unique developing human life, then you are contradicting science.
Stupid gone wild? Ridiculous people with no brains.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

FYI

FOR anyone who actually cares,

Foo has been in and out of the hospital ..with complications,..

Would not post this..however some of her friends,here do not have sign ins .

Her page on here comes up just fine

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Katie Still Not Reading wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she did.
<quoted text>
Fallacy ( fallacious -- wrong or false ) in and of itself is a negative. She was asking me to prove what she said was false.

Roe v Wade affirms that it is a woman's choice whether or not to get an abortion - and that no one else can make that choice for her. Therefore, it protects women, legally, from being forced to abort by their significant others, parents, doctor, or anyone else.

You can wriggle around it all you like, but you can't get past those facts...and you're still a moron.

Next...
Tamara

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
FYI
FOR anyone who actually cares,
Foo has been in and out of the hospital ..with complications,..
Would not post this..however some of her friends,here do not have sign ins .
Her page on here comes up just fine
We know. She's never kept her addiction a secret. Warm thoughts are with her.
Gtown71

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a guess. That's my point.
The Scientific Method does not change. And the bible HAS changed, given how many times it's been translated, even added to. That was an incredibly ignorant comment.
No matter how much you wish, you can't change the fact that science has evidence on it's side, and your bible is merely belief.
I'm sorry little bit, but I'm not wrong. The word of God has never changed, which perhaps I should've stated, since you're such a technical lady.
No matter how many times "man" wants to try and "correct "God, or try and tell God how He should've wrote His Word.

You're the one that's putting faith and trust, into a method, that's only a few thousand years old TOPS, to gauge things back to millions or billions of years, which is incredibly ignorant, if you ask me.

Just so you know, I think you highly intelligent, among many other pro choice folks here, but I just don't believe you're very wise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 53 min Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,095,514
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 225,586
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 26,967
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••