Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
286,441 - 286,460 of 305,078 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305878
Jul 26, 2013
 
cpeter1313 wrote:
Since it was a stillborn, the ME will refer to it as whatever their legal term for a neonate is. If the statute says "child", it will be regarded as such, regardless.
<quoted text>
True enough. But still, it definitely won't say 'baby'.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305879
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan, how you choose to deal with your pregnancy is up to you. If you choose to say it was your child, I think most people would respect and honor your decision.
Most people would agree that it was her child, Just like my grandchild that was born at 20 weeks and didn't survive.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305880
Jul 26, 2013
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would agree that it was her child, Just like my grandchild that was born at 20 weeks and didn't survive.
Most people would? I guess you are in touch with everyones thoughts, huh stInky?

The point was that most people would respect and honor the individuals decision. Let us know when you and your kind are able to do so, specifically when it's a decision you might not agree with.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305881
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would? I guess you are in touch with everyones thoughts, huh stInky?
The point was that most people would respect and honor the individuals decision. Let us know when you and your kind are able to do so, specifically when it's a decision you might not agree with.
You also said "most people" so I guess you are in touch with everyone's thoughts too.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305882
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your mother and I have a similar outlook. I considered 6 of my pregnancies 'disappointments', since they did not come to term, and the one who died at 23 a tragedy. Still do.
Yes, it is a tragedy. Unexpected death, especially of young ones, is especially difficult, imo.

<3
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305884
Jul 26, 2013
 
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are also girls/women who neglected, abused, and even killed their born children, chiefly because they never WANTED a child in the first place.
You're never going to convince me that teen pregnancy/teen motherhood is a good thing for girls, G. It has far too many negative impacts on a girl's life for me to ever say it's a positive thing, so I won't. And I make no apologies for not doing so.
I don't. Believe teen moms are are great thing either moon. In a perfect world all girls would finish school, and either go to college or find a stable job, BUT as you know we don't live in a perfect world. One girl named Stephanie, had been in jail three times, just at 18 yo. Her life was spinning out of control with drugs, sex, etc. She's. Now a proud "tired " mom of a six month old child. Two others -one pregnant at age 15, the other 16, one was out of control, the other was not, but got pregnant by boyfriend. Both are now moms, and know what responsibility is.

We allow our kids to date at young ages today, yet what is the main reasons. For dating?

Anyone who dates very long, will become sexually. Active.
even if a guy or girl holds off an entire year "which most don't. ", that still puts them having sex at a young. Age if they start dating at 14-15.

So no, a 16 yo with a baby isn't. Ideal ocean, but it is better than a 16 yo drug addict, who's. Making horrible choices, becouse they are under the influence of drugs /booze, or whatever.

I also realize women kill their children, and they can if they wish, but I won't. Vote to make that legal either.

I truly believe people can do whatever they want to do, but also believe we must pay for the bad things we do, either here or the ever after.

According to you and others, the newtown shooter inflicted much pain on many others, then simply checked out, and has nothing to pay for, and isn't. In any pain.

From all I've. Read about thing guy, I truly feel more sorrow for him, then those young children he killed, since I. Truly believe they are in Heaven, and he will hear their screams forevermore. He only thought he was checking out, but he was checking into his new life, where he will remain forever.

Abortion doesn't. Fix the problem with these women, but it does add to their problems.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305885
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ocean56 wrote:
Teen Motherhood Negatives:
1. Missing school days
2. Falling behind in school work
3. Losing sleep at night, for MANY nights
4. Worrying about how to pay for diapers and formula
5. Staying home with a crying or screaming baby instead of going out and having fun
6. Constantly changing wet and stinky diapers
7. Giving up favorite activities and future dreams
8. Missing out on prom
9. Losing friends who don’t want to be around babies
10. Losing out on the college or vocational school of choice
11. Dropping out of high school
12. Having to settle for low-wage or minimum-wage jobs
13. Being trapped in the dead-end, unpaid job known as “Occupation: Housewife”
14. Losing all freedom and financial independence
15. Coping with increased stress and worry
Teen Motherhood Positives: NONE
**********
The way I see it, there are NO positives of teen motherhood at all. The only people who insist it’s a good thing fall into one of two categories; 1. regressive adults who never wanted girls to have higher education and career in the first place, and 2. girls who are already teen mothers and are forced by circumstances to make the best of it, no matter how unhappy or even miserable they really are. Girls cannot afford to let themselves believe that teen motherhood is better than higher education and career. The best key a girl has for escaping the trap of poverty, or to avoid falling into it, is education. It is education that leads to the good-paying jobs, and it is the jobs that lead to having a steady income. Without that education to build on, girls risk being trapped in the cycle of poverty for many years to come. By the way, there’s nothing good about poverty either.
So, girls, the next time a boyfriend pressures you for sex, ask yourself if that 20 or 30 minutes of sex fun is worth giving up ALL your freedom to be a normal, carefree teenager and your freedom to pursue the education that will lead to much better jobs in the future. Hint: the only sensible answer is NO.
Sorry ocean, but you're. The one stuck in the past.
This isn't. The 50's, and many young girls are not pressured into having sex, but many girls are pressuring. Young guys into having sex. Plus all the nsgatives you wrote can apply to young girls who party all night long as well, minus the diapers.
When I. Was over the high school class for two years "in a christian " school - I was shocked at how some of these young girls carried themselves. I even had a few flirting with me, one was very blunt toward me about her intent.

Most of these girls had no loving father fiquer at home. I felt sorry for them, but I would love them enough to let them know the type of "love " they sought, would only leave them empty.

The girl that was so blunt with me, is now 18 yo, and just had her third child. Again teen pregnancy. Isn't. A good thing, but for her, it's. Been a lifesaver.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305886
Jul 26, 2013
 
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Young girls who are afraid are the one's. That find themselves at pp, and more then none they are "guided " into an abortion."
G, if these same girls went into a religious place for counseling (Catholic Family Services comes to mind) they would be persuaded ("guided") to remain pregnant based on religious dogma. It's no different except that one suits the fundies here and one doesn't.
No doubt they would, but why are they even given a choice?
Don't. You think, if abortion was not legal, that most young girls and guys would think twice before having sex?
In this day and age, even if abortion was outlawed, teens would still be able to find a person to help them have an abortion, just like pot is illegal in most places, no one I. Know that smokes it has any problems getting it. After all these years of it being legal, then it wouldn't. Go back to clothes hangers.
J say since so many pregnancies don't. Make it all the way, why not either leave it in Gods hands, or the hands of natural selection?
I don't. Think 15-16 yo girls should be having babies, but I. Also don't. Think they should be living a lifestyle that lead to them becomming pregnant.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305887
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
If I was damaged by exposure to religion, would I be wrong to fight for laws that prevent exposure to religion?
<quoted text>
How were you damaged? You were one of the smart ones, and didn't. Become a religious person. Religion is one of the greatest tools of satan.
Being religious and knowing God are the same as light and darkness.

I would invite you to goggle the 5 types of fools though.
I have been most of them at one point or another.:)

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305888
Jul 26, 2013
 
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt they would, but why are they even given a choice?
Don't. You think, if abortion was not legal, that most young girls and guys would think twice before having sex?
In this day and age, even if abortion was outlawed, teens would still be able to find a person to help them have an abortion, just like pot is illegal in most places, no one I. Know that smokes it has any problems getting it. After all these years of it being legal, then it wouldn't. Go back to clothes hangers.
J say since so many pregnancies don't. Make it all the way, why not either leave it in Gods hands, or the hands of natural selection?
I don't. Think 15-16 yo girls should be having babies, but I. Also don't. Think they should be living a lifestyle that lead to them becomming pregnant.
IMO

Had abortion never become legal ..more men and definitely more women would use birth control.

It's not as sure as abstinence..But it sure does,stop pregnancies if properly used
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305889
Jul 26, 2013
 
cpeter1313 wrote:
Since it was a stillborn, the ME will refer to it as whatever their legal term for a neonate is. If the statute says "child", it will be regarded as such, regardless.
<quoted text>
Legal terms and life terms are different.
I knew a lady who was full term, and even alittle overdue, who's. Baby died 30 mins. Before birth. She had a funeral and named the child. The baby looked like a little perfect doll. There is a difference in what happened here, and a lady having a miscarry,, at 5 weeks along. By law it is called a child if it takes one breath after birth, then dies. The child can be given a ss number, and used on taxes for the entire year if it takes one breath, but if not they can label whatever they wish, but anyone who seen the pics of the baby would only say one thing, and that's. "What a beautiful baby " -not stillborn, fetus, or neonatal.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305890
Jul 26, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO
Had abortion never become legal ..more men and definitely more women would use birth control.
It's not as sure as abstinence..But it sure does,stop pregnancies if properly used
Yes, no doubt.
Just like if it was legal to drink and drive, do you feel the number of drinking and driving would go up?
when people are not held to be accountable, they will continue the behaivor.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305891
Jul 26, 2013
 
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, no doubt.
Just like if it was legal to drink and drive, do you feel the number of drinking and driving would go up?
when people are not held to be accountable, they will continue the behaivor.
Probably would till they died from it.

At the time Roe was decided we had just gotten the pill ..And mire awareness on preventing pregnancy

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305892
Jul 26, 2013
 
I was countering another poster's argument.

Religion, or faith, never got its claws into me, fortunately. But many young gays are damaged by hostile faiths and their adherents--some to the point of suicide.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How were you damaged? You were one of the smart ones, and didn't. Become a religious person. Religion is one of the greatest tools of satan.
Being religious and knowing God are the same as light and darkness.
I would invite you to goggle the 5 types of fools though.
I have been most of them at one point or another.:)
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305894
Jul 27, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
Where was that advice when I needed it .
Oh yeah. All I heard was ..well we ARE getting married after graduation..just this once ..And I love you..if you get pregnant we will just get married earlier
Back then it was the goal of all my senior friends ..get married ..have a family
I know, Rose; things in the 1950's and 1960's were VERY different, and not very good for girls. In those days, girls were only encouraged in the marriage and family direction. College and career? Not so much. Even for the women who were in certain job fields, they were often blatantly discriminated against, like the stewardesses who were forced out of work when they hit the "ripe old age" of 32.

Have you seen the PBS documentary "MAKERS?" If not, I highly recommend it, to ALL girls and women.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305895
Jul 27, 2013
 
Gtown71 wrote:
Sorry ocean, but you're. The one stuck in the past. This isn't. The 50's, and many young girls are not pressured into having sex, but many girls are pressuring. Young guys into having sex.
REALLY. Got any statistics to back up your rather lame assertion? Get back to me when you find some, and NOT some biased "statistics" from some faith-based site.

Sorry, G (not really), I'm just not buying your "it's the girls pressuring the guys into having sex" line. And you will NEVER convince me that teen pregnancy and teen motherhood is a good thing for girls, especially those who have had drug and alcohol problems as teenagers. As far as I'M concerned, there's NOTHING good about getting pregnant and having a baby as a teenager. All it does is rob girls of good education and good employment, leaving them dependent, on either their parents or the government, for support.

The way I see it, teen sex is a BAD IDEA, and a teen girl is much better off by DUMPING any guy who pressures her to have sex. Guys who pressure girls for sex aren't worth keeping around as boyfriends.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305896
Jul 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
I was countering another poster's argument.
Religion, or faith, never got its claws into me, fortunately. But many young gays are damaged by hostile faiths and their adherents--some to the point of suicide.
<quoted text>
No doubt religion has caused much harm, since when one is faced with it, they either believe they can't. Be "good " enough to measure up, "and they can't., gay or not ",or the fool themselves into believing God is pleased with them, as long as they attend church, and do whatever is on their churches "list " of must do's.

Many gays have thought "what is wrong with me??? "
Many non gays have thought the same.

That's. The whole point behind why God came to do what we never could.
His gift was for all, gay or not.

His gift is accepted by gays and non gays.
His gift is rejected by gays and non gays.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305897
Jul 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY. Got any statistics to back up your rather lame assertion? Get back to me when you find some, and NOT some biased "statistics" from some faith-based site.
Sorry, G (not really), I'm just not buying your "it's the girls pressuring the guys into having sex" line. And you will NEVER convince me that teen pregnancy and teen motherhood is a good thing for girls, especially those who have had drug and alcohol problems as teenagers. As far as I'M concerned, there's NOTHING good about getting pregnant and having a baby as a teenager. All it does is rob girls of good education and good employment, leaving them dependent, on either their parents or the government, for support.
The way I see it, teen sex is a BAD IDEA, and a teen girl is much better off by DUMPING any guy who pressures her to have sex. Guys who pressure girls for sex aren't worth keeping around as boyfriends.
We agree teen sex is a bad idea, but these girls I. Know, now have a baby and working on ged. Or high school diploma. These girls could've. Had an abortion, and would still be drop outs, taken care of by parents, state, jails.

If parents wouldn't. Let 15 yo's date, and watch their children, then they wouldn't. Face sex or pregnancy.

I can give you plenty stats on what's. Happened. To the family unit since the 50's.

Plus wasn't. Trying. To say all girls pressure guys, but waaay more now than back then.

You should update. Yourself. On what teens are doing. You may be shocked.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305899
Jul 27, 2013
 
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, Rose; things in the 1950's and 1960's were VERY different, and not very good for girls. In those days, girls were only encouraged in the marriage and family direction. College and career? Not so much. Even for the women who were in certain job fields, they were often blatantly discriminated against, like the stewardesses who were forced out of work when they hit the "ripe old age" of 32.
Have you seen the PBS documentary "MAKERS?" If not, I highly recommend it, to ALL girls and women.
Hey that poster N ..just read a few,posts,..is,it a male with some twisted ideas or a woman .

I think it's male .

Likes young women but I could be wrong ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305901
Jul 27, 2013
 
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my gosh, you pick contraceptives over abstinence.....
She did no such thing, you lying piece of sh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,079,120
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min waaasssuuup 224,042
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 2 hr RICK SERVICE 26
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••