Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,656
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305817 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"
Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????
I didn't write the article, nor did I write the law....but a stillbirth is BORN, so it's apparently a child in her State, even though it's dead.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305820 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a "child" a person? Doesn't it become a person when it takes it's first breath?
Yes, as far as I'm concerned...but I don't write the law, and I didn't write that article.

I just quoted it.
So sue me.

;)
Ocean56

AOL

#305821 Jul 26, 2013
Teen Motherhood Negatives:

1. Missing school days
2. Falling behind in school work
3. Losing sleep at night, for MANY nights
4. Worrying about how to pay for diapers and formula
5. Staying home with a crying or screaming baby instead of going out and having fun
6. Constantly changing wet and stinky diapers
7. Giving up favorite activities and future dreams
8. Missing out on prom
9. Losing friends who don’t want to be around babies
10. Losing out on the college or vocational school of choice
11. Dropping out of high school
12. Having to settle for low-wage or minimum-wage jobs
13. Being trapped in the dead-end, unpaid job known as “Occupation: Housewife”
14. Losing all freedom and financial independence
15. Coping with increased stress and worry

Teen Motherhood Positives: NONE

The way I see it, there are NO positives of teen motherhood at all. The only people who insist it’s a good thing fall into one of two categories; 1. regressive adults who never wanted girls to have higher education and career in the first place, and 2. girls who are already teen mothers and are forced by circumstances to make the best of it, no matter how unhappy or even miserable they really are. Girls cannot afford to let themselves believe that teen motherhood is better than higher education and career. The best key a girl has for escaping the trap of poverty, or to avoid falling into it, is education. It is education that leads to the good-paying jobs, and it is the jobs that lead to having a steady income. Without that education to build on, girls risk being trapped in the cycle of poverty for many years to come. By the way, there’s nothing good about poverty either.

So, girls, the next time a boyfriend pressures you for sex, ask yourself if that 20 or 30 minutes of sex fun is worth giving up ALL your freedom to be a normal, carefree teenager and your freedom to pursue the education that will lead to much better jobs in the future. Hint: the only sensible answer is NO.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#305822 Jul 26, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Hi knit. Yes foo has said some really ugly low things to people. She attacked even Lynne who was a 25 yr old girl who was abused because she's prolife.
Anyway, my SIL was a teenager who didn't know that she was pregnant . She was scared when she went into labor. She gave birth on her living room floor. She held her baby in disbelief and was frozen in fear. Until her parenfs came home, she never called for help.n
She MUST be mental or on drugs according to some. Had she aborted she would be A-OK as long as she got along with people...I suppose :/
Sassy, let's be honest, there have been some really ugly and low things posted from people on BOTH sides of this issue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305823 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
During a spontaneous abortion, and some elective abortions does the woman deliver a child or a fetus?
Gee, Susanm, you'd have to ask the woman in question what her opinion on that was...I'd imagine it depends on whether she wanted to be pregnant or not. Her doctor would likely refer to it in his case notes as a fetus, though.

But of course, you already know that.

What point are you trying so strenuously to make here?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#305824 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Great site - used it A LOT when I was teaching.
Kids would much rather read something on the internet than in a book....doesn't make any difference to me, as long as they're READING...
:)
I used to go to bookstores. Took my daughter ..She loved browsing as I did

Met this,couple who owned one..I would get books and on this,one kind she liked he wouldn't order for me..so I COUKD buy them as I could ..mine also..this went on from the time she was 10

I wound up working there part time..they were like second parents to me.

They watched her grow up ..when she was a senior this msn told Mr

I have owned or run bookstores for decades ..seen lots,of kids..
The ones who love reading usually don't get into trouble and do very well in school. They always have something they love to do ..something to keep their minds busy

My kid was valedictorian in her HIGH SCHOOL..

She wound up going to a,small college I never heard of that this,mans son had gone to.(coincidence or plan ??)

Anyhow at that school she met her husband .

But his words rang true on the reading .

If you nurtured that in your students ..You gave them a great gift :)

Now the poor girl barely has time to read but loves it still

Location hidden

#305825 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write the article, nor did I write the law....but a stillbirth is BORN, so it's apparently a child in her State, even though it's dead.
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.

Location hidden

#305826 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, as far as I'm concerned...but I don't write the law, and I didn't write that article.
I just quoted it.
So sue me.
;)
Just trying to clarify your position.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305827 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a car accident, wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and got injured, would I be wrong to fight for laws that require people to wear seatbelts?
Would I be wrong to deny you medical treatment, because you knew when you got in the car that it might crash?

I realize there are women who regret their abortions, but their regret doesn't translate into their right to dictate that no one should be able to avail themselves of the procedure.

Seatbelt laws are bogus too...jmo.

Location hidden

#305828 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, Susanm, you'd have to ask the woman in question what her opinion on that was...I'd imagine it depends on whether she wanted to be pregnant or not. Her doctor would likely refer to it in his case notes as a fetus, though.
But of course, you already know that.
What point are you trying so strenuously to make here?
So whether it is a child, or not, is an opinion?

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305829 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"
Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????
Hey Sue

Yes the article was a bit short on details ..I'm guessing since the baby was,delivered ..probably full term..?? They consider it a deceased child.

Maybe there'll be a follow up story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305830 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So whether it is a child, or not, is an opinion?
*sigh*

The way individual women refer to 'it'(as a child or a fetus) is an opinion - unless they're a doctor, compiling case notes, in which case, it's most likely going to be referred to as a fetus, since that is the proper medical term.

In my opinion, as you should know from my copious posts on the subject, I personally referred to each and every one of my pregnancies as a 'baby'...but I was joyously anticipating their births. 6 of them didn't turn out that way, and no, I didn't mourn them nearly as hard as I still mourn my son who died at the age of 23. Grief is not a one-size-fits-all emotion, and pregnancy is not a one-size-fits-all situation.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305832 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
During a spontaneous abortion, and some elective abortions does the woman deliver a child or a fetus?
To me THey are all babies ..but then that is what that first article was saying.

When I first got pregnant at 16 ..admittedly I knew nothing close to what they know now ..nit was it available poo e to know.

What I knew was a late period ...I was pregnant maybe..

My by/ fiancee was terrible about it..wanted Mr to go find an old BF or any one ..sleep with them ..so he wouldn't HavE to be botherrd..said a lot of worse things .

Ahh my beloved!#!##

Anyway the actual fax t it was a real live baby ..didn't hit me ..Not really until I felt him move ...

Thing is he was a real baby BEFIRE that..had been moving before that ..But I was not aware .

That child..all children in the womb were referred to by everyone as babies ..until the abortion debate.

Telling young girls t h e y are clumps of cells. As d he said in the article ...is NOT IMO being honest about the whole thing .

That is why ..from her words she is upset by the whole thing .

She was d old a bill of goods,judiciary..by the clinic..

Obviously as she grew older at some point she realized it was a baby she had aborted .

Yes some women don't regret it but many do..or worse THRY stuff it away as a painful experience ...And it hurts them especially if by not facing it they repeat the process over again.

There are abortion talking points ..to make this all about the woman..And her liberty..But IMO..no one wants to face that it is the w Oman whom is in many cases hurt by this act ....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305833 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.
My condolences on the loss of your 16 week old son. I know how hard that can be. You are welcome to refer to your son as your child. I did the same while pregnant... but I do not refer to myself a mother of eight. I'm a mother of two.

Not everyone looks forward to having children. If a pregnant woman chooses to refer to her fetus, rather than to her baby or her child, what business is it of yours?

Location hidden

#305834 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Would I be wrong to deny you medical treatment, because you knew when you got in the car that it might crash?
I realize there are women who regret their abortions, but their regret doesn't translate into their right to dictate that no one should be able to avail themselves of the procedure.
Seatbelt laws are bogus too...jmo.
I'm sorry, I don't consider killing on demand medical treatment.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305835 Jul 26, 2013
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>You really amaze me, your post shows to me you aren't truly pro life. Make it rarer? How about no abortion? You say you won't live to see abortion illegal? Did you forget about hope, faith in God praying to stop abortion? You never mention this. Safe sex? There is no such thing, the only way to stop promiscuity and disease is to not have sex, teaching that premarital, extramarital sex is wrong.
Well, knit, your crutch has been teaching that tripe for more than a thousand years.....how's it working out so far???

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305836 Jul 26, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Teen Motherhood Negatives:
1. Missing school days
2. Falling behind in school work
3. Losing sleep at night, for MANY nights
4. Worrying about how to pay for diapers and formula
5. Staying home with a crying or screaming baby instead of going out and having fun
6. Constantly changing wet and stinky diapers
7. Giving up favorite activities and future dreams
8. Missing out on prom
9. Losing friends who don’t want to be around babies
10. Losing out on the college or vocational school of choice
11. Dropping out of high school
12. Having to settle for low-wage or minimum-wage jobs
13. Being trapped in the dead-end, unpaid job known as “Occupation: Housewife”
14. Losing all freedom and financial independence
15. Coping with increased stress and worry
Teen Motherhood Positives: NONE
The way I see it, there are NO positives of teen motherhood at all. The only people who insist it’s a good thing fall into one of two categories; 1. regressive adults who never wanted girls to have higher education and career in the first place, and 2. girls who are already teen mothers and are forced by circumstances to make the best of it, no matter how unhappy or even miserable they really are. Girls cannot afford to let themselves believe that teen motherhood is better than higher education and career. The best key a girl has for escaping the trap of poverty, or to avoid falling into it, is education. It is education that leads to the good-paying jobs, and it is the jobs that lead to having a steady income. Without that education to build on, girls risk being trapped in the cycle of poverty for many years to come. By the way, there’s nothing good about poverty either.
So, girls, the next time a boyfriend pressures you for sex, ask yourself if that 20 or 30 minutes of sex fun is worth giving up ALL your freedom to be a normal, carefree teenager and your freedom to pursue the education that will lead to much better jobs in the future. Hint: the only sensible answer is NO.
Where was that advice when I needed it .

Oh yeah. All I heard was ..well we ARE getting married after graduation..just this once ..And I love you..if you get pregnant we will just get married earlier

Back then it was the goal of all my senior friends ..get married ..have a family

Someone from my economics did not plan college .

Stupid girls we were.

Do many optimising..College ...trade schools and if you REAALLY Think sex is so necessary. It isn't e Ben that great a thing as I remember

If it's love HE CAN WAIT ....

USE CONTRACEPTION..be safe ...
so many things today that were not t here before !!!

Location hidden

#305837 Jul 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sue
Yes the article was a bit short on details ..I'm guessing since the baby was,delivered ..probably full term..?? They consider it a deceased child.
Maybe there'll be a follow up story
But at what point is it a child?

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305838 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy, let's be honest, there have been some really ugly and low things posted from people on BOTH sides of this issue.
You betcha!###

Location hidden

#305839 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
The way individual women refer to 'it'(as a child or a fetus) is an opinion - unless they're a doctor, compiling case notes, in which case, it's most likely going to be referred to as a fetus, since that is the proper medical term.
In my opinion, as you should know from my copious posts on the subject, I personally referred to each and every one of my pregnancies as a 'baby'...but I was joyously anticipating their births. 6 of them didn't turn out that way, and no, I didn't mourn them nearly as hard as I still mourn my son who died at the age of 23. Grief is not a one-size-fits-all emotion, and pregnancy is not a one-size-fits-all situation.
It will be interesting to follow this story to see what the medical examiner calls it, a child or a fetus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Gordon 227,613
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Patrick 1,110,724
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 24 min PEE PEE PETE 200,973
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 31 min PEE PEE PETE 27,409
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••