Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#305859 Jul 26, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do YOU know about "normal"?
That freak on the fringe? Absolutely nothing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#305860 Jul 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That freak on the fringe? Absolutely nothing.
And again. No comment

Did you read that story PLAYA,posted..

http://www.classicreader.com/book/1673/1/

Going to try to get to reading others,on there

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#305861 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The medical examiner is a physician...My money's on 'fetus'.
You can call it whatever you want, and so can the press. But if the medical examiner's report is published,'fetus' will be used rather than 'child', and it definitely won't say 'baby'.
My money is on referring to that poor child as the deceased stillborn .

Thus skirting the whole thing .
joe jo 25

Scranton, PA

#305862 Jul 26, 2013
Hi! I am talking about space aliens now...I will
give you a web address....put this address in your
top browser line...galacticmessages.com... and then
click on "enter"...you will get alotof web
addresses...click on "no more galactic messages"....read about the space aliens...some
day we will no longer have abortions...we will
want every baby conceived!
Love, joe jo 25

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#305863 Jul 26, 2013
She went into labor; the born baby was DOA. Are you really this dense or are you pretending not to know the difference?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"
Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????

Indianapolis

#305866 Jul 26, 2013
If I was damaged by exposure to religion, would I be wrong to fight for laws that prevent exposure to religion?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a car accident, wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and got injured, would I be wrong to fight for laws that require people to wear seatbelts?
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#305867 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.
Gotta ask why it matters if *others* acknowledge it, Sue. I had a miscarriage at almost 24 weeks along. It was the only male I'd have had. I named him even. Same name as you named yours. But I don't think of him as a lost child. I think of him as a lost pregnancy, a lost potential. Something that never was more than he was... a developing fetus. Minus his kidneys.

It doesn't matter to me if you agree with me or not or if I agree with you or not. What matters to me is that I bore and raised three lovely daughters. Life is for the living. Our dead remain forever loved and forever remembered.

Indianapolis

#305868 Jul 26, 2013
Equating a miscarriage with a stillborn takes a certain level of stupidity usually seen only in plankton.

YOU can call it a child if you wish, just like many people call their pets their children.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#305869 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I don't consider killing on demand medical treatment.
Speaking of the manipulation if language.......

If you choose to take this matter to such an extreme, expect an equal amount of resistance.

Indianapolis

#305870 Jul 26, 2013
I wonder why you even bother living a life where these puerile word games are all you have?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why pro"choicers" aren't up in arms about it being referred to as a child?

Indianapolis

#305871 Jul 26, 2013
Since it was a stillborn, the ME will refer to it as whatever their legal term for a neonate is. If the statute says "child", it will be regarded as such, regardless.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The medical examiner is a physician...My money's on 'fetus'.
You can call it whatever you want, and so can the press. But if the medical examiner's report is published,'fetus' will be used rather than 'child', and it definitely won't say 'baby'.

Indianapolis

#305872 Jul 26, 2013
My mother considered her two miscarriages as disappointments, and the born child who died as a tragedy. She gave birth 8 times and considered herself the mother of seven, as the one who died did so a month after birth.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's odd, but at this point, I've lost seven, and I STILL consider myself a mother of two.
Go figure.
And thanks.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#305873 Jul 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If I was damaged by exposure to religion, would I be wrong to fight for laws that prevent exposure to religion?
<quoted text>
IMO

Religion is a whole different thing than belief in God ..

Indianapolis

#305875 Jul 26, 2013
Fine. Prove your god exists.
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>God calls that child a child at the moment of conception, you are saying that the law says differently, then we have to follow the law. YOUR words.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305877 Jul 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
My mother considered her two miscarriages as disappointments, and the born child who died as a tragedy. She gave birth 8 times and considered herself the mother of seven, as the one who died did so a month after birth.
<quoted text>
Your mother and I have a similar outlook. I considered 6 of my pregnancies 'disappointments', since they did not come to term, and the one who died at 23 a tragedy. Still do.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305878 Jul 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Since it was a stillborn, the ME will refer to it as whatever their legal term for a neonate is. If the statute says "child", it will be regarded as such, regardless.
<quoted text>
True enough. But still, it definitely won't say 'baby'.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#305879 Jul 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan, how you choose to deal with your pregnancy is up to you. If you choose to say it was your child, I think most people would respect and honor your decision.
Most people would agree that it was her child, Just like my grandchild that was born at 20 weeks and didn't survive.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#305880 Jul 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would agree that it was her child, Just like my grandchild that was born at 20 weeks and didn't survive.
Most people would? I guess you are in touch with everyones thoughts, huh stInky?

The point was that most people would respect and honor the individuals decision. Let us know when you and your kind are able to do so, specifically when it's a decision you might not agree with.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#305881 Jul 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would? I guess you are in touch with everyones thoughts, huh stInky?
The point was that most people would respect and honor the individuals decision. Let us know when you and your kind are able to do so, specifically when it's a decision you might not agree with.
You also said "most people" so I guess you are in touch with everyone's thoughts too.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#305882 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your mother and I have a similar outlook. I considered 6 of my pregnancies 'disappointments', since they did not come to term, and the one who died at 23 a tragedy. Still do.
Yes, it is a tragedy. Unexpected death, especially of young ones, is especially difficult, imo.

<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ester povington 1,406,098
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,124
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web