Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310339 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305805 Jul 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Great site - used it A LOT when I was teaching.
Kids would much rather read something on the internet than in a book....doesn't make any difference to me, as long as they're READING...
:)
Thank you for posting it. Am going to introduce my gdd to it. She's going on eleven so am looking forward to discussing these stories with her. See what she gets from 'em.

The Hedgehog was applicable to JM, too. LOL

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#305806 Jul 25, 2013
Saki was munro's pen name:
http://www.americanliterature.com/author/hh-m...

This site also links to many of his stories.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SAKI?? Says the writer is Munroe. Funny story though ..choked on my water lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305808 Jul 26, 2013
Lets choose life wrote:
<quoted text>I think what your sis did would be considered pretty normal for any girl in that situation.
Considering that you've never been normal, I'm not surprised.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#305809 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child, and abuse of a corpse. She should have reported it, and had the authorities dispose of the body, rather than just pitching it in the garbage on her own. You're not allowed to bury your dead gramma in the backyard, either. There are laws governing the disposal of dead bodies.
Obviously, the judge thought she would benefit from grief counseling, as well.
What puzzles me, is the large amount of bail. Half a mil for a health code violation, seems a mite stiff...but maybe it was that 'abuse of a corpse' bit. Folks tend to get a little nuts over stuff like that, sometimes.
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"

Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????
Ocean56

AOL

#305810 Jul 26, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
No girl will comprehend in full that her choice will destroy not only her childs life but hers as well. ONLY those sho have been there can give that girl the truth. A woman who has acknowledged her grave mistake can be honest enough. The rest who are in denial will deceive her because she is still living in denial.
The truth sets you free.
In your case, "the truth" is really nothing more than your OPINION; which, thankfully, any woman is free to reject.

An actual truth is that NOT all women regret having an abortion. On the contrary, they are relieved that the option was there, although red states like Texas, Ohio, and others are doing their best to deny women access to both abortion and contraception by shutting down clinics which provide both services.

For stories from women who DON'T regret having an abortion, here's the site:

http://www.imnotsorry.net

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

Location hidden

#305811 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I didn't write the article, and I don't have any control over the wording of the law or charges - the words you have such difficulty with, are not mine, but those of the various legislators and law enforcement involved in the case, so maybe you should be taking this up with them.
As far as the body is concerned, it was legally the corpse of a child....since it was
(wait for it)
BORN.
So it doesn't need to take a breath to be a "child"??? Since when? I thought that taking a breath was required.

Location hidden

#305812 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your word salad isn't decipherable, dear. Let me help you out:
The expelled fetus became a child at birth, per the laws of The United States. Unfortunately, it was not granted the 'right to life', because it was already dead.
I stated the corpse was legally that of a child - not that the corpse itself was 'legal' or 'illegal'.
Nowhere did I state that this, or any, fetus' body was sacred.
And nowhere did I state that this was not a born child. I believe you took issue with that, too.
Make up your f**king mind already.
Isn't a "child" a person? Doesn't it become a person when it takes it's first breath?
Ocean56

AOL

#305813 Jul 26, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
See i am prolife. I assure you that I have comforted more post abortive women then all proaborts.com bined.
You people don't care about them nor do you care about girls and women in crisis pregnancies. Actions speak louder than words.
No, you are ANTI-CHOICE. Your idiotic posts have made that fact abundantly clear. But again, NOT all women regret having an abortion. What they do regret is GETTING pregnant in the first place, and they were relieved the option of abortion was available to them. Here are some of their stories:

http://www.imnotsorry.net .

What really seems to piss all you anti-choicers off is that pregnancy, birth, and children are NOT wanted by all women. Too bleeping bad. A woman has the same right NOT to have children as she does to become a mother. Whether YOU approve of that right or not is irrelevant.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

Location hidden

#305814 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Her "God" generally 'kills the fetus' before it's stillborn or miscarried too, fella.
If it's born alive, they don't call it a stillbirth.
If it's born at all, they don't call it an abortion.
Seems the pair of you would like everyone to agree that throwing one's stillborn into a garbage bag, without notifying anyone of the death, is fine and dandy, as long as elective abortion is legal.
What are ya....stoopid?
During a spontaneous abortion, and some elective abortions does the woman deliver a child or a fetus?

Location hidden

#305815 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She had the choice, and made it: but wants to take it away from others because she made the wrong choice FOR HERSELF.
Her story is: "I had an abortion, I regretted it, and now I firmly believe it's wrong, for anyone and everyone else, to have one."
She's more than welcome to her opinion, but legally applying her opinion to every other woman in the country, would be ridiculous, wrong, and (thankfully) Unconstitutional, hypocrisy.
JMO
If I was in a car accident, wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and got injured, would I be wrong to fight for laws that require people to wear seatbelts?
Ocean56

AOL

#305816 Jul 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I hope all worked out for your sister. I know several young girls who got pregnant at a young age, and their babies have really helped them, if nothing else, they learn the world isn't. All about them, and they must get it together, to help another who depends on them.
I can name a dozen, just off the top of my head, who went from party all night /sleep all day, to a responsible parent. It's. Not easy by any means, but many have parents /others who will help them, but wouldn't. Help them continue in their old lifestyle.
And there are also girls/women who neglected, abused, and even killed their born children, chiefly because they never WANTED a child in the first place.

You're never going to convince me that teen pregnancy/teen motherhood is a good thing for girls, G. It has far too many negative impacts on a girl's life for me to ever say it's a positive thing, so I won't. And I make no apologies for not doing so.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305817 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The article states quite clearly what she faces charges of: concealing the death of a child,"
Concealing the death of a "child"??????? What "child"????
I didn't write the article, nor did I write the law....but a stillbirth is BORN, so it's apparently a child in her State, even though it's dead.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305820 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a "child" a person? Doesn't it become a person when it takes it's first breath?
Yes, as far as I'm concerned...but I don't write the law, and I didn't write that article.

I just quoted it.
So sue me.

;)
Ocean56

AOL

#305821 Jul 26, 2013
Teen Motherhood Negatives:

1. Missing school days
2. Falling behind in school work
3. Losing sleep at night, for MANY nights
4. Worrying about how to pay for diapers and formula
5. Staying home with a crying or screaming baby instead of going out and having fun
6. Constantly changing wet and stinky diapers
7. Giving up favorite activities and future dreams
8. Missing out on prom
9. Losing friends who don’t want to be around babies
10. Losing out on the college or vocational school of choice
11. Dropping out of high school
12. Having to settle for low-wage or minimum-wage jobs
13. Being trapped in the dead-end, unpaid job known as “Occupation: Housewife”
14. Losing all freedom and financial independence
15. Coping with increased stress and worry

Teen Motherhood Positives: NONE

The way I see it, there are NO positives of teen motherhood at all. The only people who insist it’s a good thing fall into one of two categories; 1. regressive adults who never wanted girls to have higher education and career in the first place, and 2. girls who are already teen mothers and are forced by circumstances to make the best of it, no matter how unhappy or even miserable they really are. Girls cannot afford to let themselves believe that teen motherhood is better than higher education and career. The best key a girl has for escaping the trap of poverty, or to avoid falling into it, is education. It is education that leads to the good-paying jobs, and it is the jobs that lead to having a steady income. Without that education to build on, girls risk being trapped in the cycle of poverty for many years to come. By the way, there’s nothing good about poverty either.

So, girls, the next time a boyfriend pressures you for sex, ask yourself if that 20 or 30 minutes of sex fun is worth giving up ALL your freedom to be a normal, carefree teenager and your freedom to pursue the education that will lead to much better jobs in the future. Hint: the only sensible answer is NO.

Location hidden

#305822 Jul 26, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Hi knit. Yes foo has said some really ugly low things to people. She attacked even Lynne who was a 25 yr old girl who was abused because she's prolife.
Anyway, my SIL was a teenager who didn't know that she was pregnant . She was scared when she went into labor. She gave birth on her living room floor. She held her baby in disbelief and was frozen in fear. Until her parenfs came home, she never called for help.n
She MUST be mental or on drugs according to some. Had she aborted she would be A-OK as long as she got along with people...I suppose :/
Sassy, let's be honest, there have been some really ugly and low things posted from people on BOTH sides of this issue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305823 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
During a spontaneous abortion, and some elective abortions does the woman deliver a child or a fetus?
Gee, Susanm, you'd have to ask the woman in question what her opinion on that was...I'd imagine it depends on whether she wanted to be pregnant or not. Her doctor would likely refer to it in his case notes as a fetus, though.

But of course, you already know that.

What point are you trying so strenuously to make here?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#305824 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Great site - used it A LOT when I was teaching.
Kids would much rather read something on the internet than in a book....doesn't make any difference to me, as long as they're READING...
:)
I used to go to bookstores. Took my daughter ..She loved browsing as I did

Met this,couple who owned one..I would get books and on this,one kind she liked he wouldn't order for me..so I COUKD buy them as I could ..mine also..this went on from the time she was 10

I wound up working there part time..they were like second parents to me.

They watched her grow up ..when she was a senior this msn told Mr

I have owned or run bookstores for decades ..seen lots,of kids..
The ones who love reading usually don't get into trouble and do very well in school. They always have something they love to do ..something to keep their minds busy

My kid was valedictorian in her HIGH SCHOOL..

She wound up going to a,small college I never heard of that this,mans son had gone to.(coincidence or plan ??)

Anyhow at that school she met her husband .

But his words rang true on the reading .

If you nurtured that in your students ..You gave them a great gift :)

Now the poor girl barely has time to read but loves it still

Location hidden

#305825 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write the article, nor did I write the law....but a stillbirth is BORN, so it's apparently a child in her State, even though it's dead.
OK, so my son who was born dead at 16 weeks spontaneous abortion) was my child. Thank you for acknowledging that I did in fact have a child.

Location hidden

#305826 Jul 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, as far as I'm concerned...but I don't write the law, and I didn't write that article.
I just quoted it.
So sue me.
;)
Just trying to clarify your position.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305827 Jul 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was in a car accident, wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and got injured, would I be wrong to fight for laws that require people to wear seatbelts?
Would I be wrong to deny you medical treatment, because you knew when you got in the car that it might crash?

I realize there are women who regret their abortions, but their regret doesn't translate into their right to dictate that no one should be able to avail themselves of the procedure.

Seatbelt laws are bogus too...jmo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,263,800
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min A on 244,881
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IBdaMann 6,472
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 3 hr bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
More from around the web