Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,592
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305554 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But if they call THEMSELVES that in order to.meet some kind of rights thing.??
To me they are one.
There is one group out of Wisconsin that travels thousands of miles to protest that a Nativity scene in a small town that has Bern a decades old tradition offends them.
Some of these towns whose TAXPAYERS
are fine with it...are barely on the map..
IMO it's just an excuse to Make headlines and collect money for their cause.
Ok now if they qualify as a religion ..which Again THEY are trying to do or have done..then they can put up their own NON NATIVITY scene. I assume ...in one place a few years ago the atheists got to display a proclamation that there is no God
I.am nit saying ALL atheists ..But some seem to worship something in their beliefs.
IMO.walks like a duck ..ACTS like on e..fir all practical.purpose it US a duck ...And as a religion it gets government benefits...
Churches that sin g hymns and worship NO GOD are part of a religion..
Sorry I just hate politics interfering in town business.
Our public streets are used for gay pride parades..our city sponsor s a holiday light contest ..including religious displays
We sometimes rally around the PUBLIC flag in May for praying.
It's ALL our towns business .. nit some busybody from states away who does nit contribute to our tax base .
I say live and let live on these things ..if I do not want to match in a parade for anything...I stay home..
I have no interest I n my neighbors personal business .a couple of them I am very fond of..We help each other as neighbors do ..
We mostly all get along ..well until the city tried to close off our streets ..then we ALL found a compromise in city hall .
"Imo we,should all where we live get along ..work together .And let live ..And not go traipsing around ruining local holidays ..it's the business of each city...But then it has BECOME A BUSINESS ..collecting money for the cause ...
But that's me
Wow. Ok - here's the deal: The rights of atheists are already Constitutionally recognized...they don't have to be a religion, in order to exercise religious freedom. However, if this group calling itself the Atheist Church is using the tax-exempt status OF a church, while raising funds, and making profits, it may be in for a rude awakening...or at least a little digging by the IRS.

Don't you WANT the IRS to be sure a group deserves to be exempt from paying taxes on its profits, before granting tax-exempt status to any and every group that applies for it?

I sure do. I have to PAY my taxes....and since I'm paying self-employment rates, I figure I have as much say as anyone about what other entities are throwing into the communal pot.

Now, about that sticking one's nose where it doesn't belong, as far as that Wisconsin Civil Rights group is concerned....well....perhaps you can understand why they feel it's any of their business- you're the one aching to involve yourself in the decisions made by pregnant women who aren't you.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#305555 Jul 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Ok - here's the deal: The rights of atheists are already Constitutionally recognized...they don't have to be a religion, in order to exercise religious freedom. However, if this group calling itself the Atheist Church is using the tax-exempt status OF a church, while raising funds, and making profits, it may be in for a rude awakening...or at least a little digging by the IRS.
Don't you WANT the IRS to be sure a group deserves to be exempt from paying taxes on its profits, before granting tax-exempt status to any and every group that applies for it?
I sure do. I have to PAY my taxes....and since I'm paying self-employment rates, I figure I have as much say as anyone about what other entities are throwing into the communal pot.
Now, about that sticking one's nose where it doesn't belong, as far as that Wisconsin Civil Rights group is concerned....well....perhaps you can understand why they feel it's any of their business- you're the one aching to involve yourself in the decisions made by pregnant women who aren't you.
I gear you ..just stating my opinion on the MIRE local ..And neighborly
By the way ..the better fir the public ..imo

As for tax exemption ..I HAVE no idea,..what the rules are.

Just saying ..they have a church. Or a lot of them to me they are a religion. And want to be seen that way ..actually had not thought about th e y do it for tax benefits..

So if you meet for a belief ..have a church..sing hymns ..want t o be Seen as a religion ..You are one .

But I hear you on Self employment taxes..HAVE been paying twice as,much into Social security for decades..

And since I am only one person..private contract... none of the benefits .

As for abortion ..what I care about us what is done to another human.

I think the human in the womb has as much right to live as we do.

Obviously we disagree

Other than ENDING Another human Life ..I really don't care what they do sexually ..though for the benefit of all..with their freedom c ones responsibility

They should proceed safely ..for themselves as well as others including their offspring ...IMO.

I also wouldn't prefer both men and women NOT spread disease..And that is in everyone's best interest.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305556 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
As for abortion ..what I care about us what is done to another human.
I think the human in the womb has as much right to live as we do.
Obviously we disagree
We do not disagree. We have a difference of opinion - as you should already know. I too think any developing human in my womb has as much right to life as I do - I make exception for a developing human in my fallopian tube, but I wanted my children, and joyously anticipated their arrivals.

The difference is, the only womb I have a say about is MINE.
I cant', and won't, speak for, or attempt to coerce to my 'side', anyone else.

You would - as you've stated repeatedly: Your whole hope and goal in being here is to convince someone to gestate their pregnancy. And that if there was a proposed Constitutional Amendment, a personhood bill, criminalizing abortion in its entirety, you would vote for it.

I never would. That's where we disagree.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305557 Jul 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We do not disagree. We have a difference of opinion - as you should already know. I too think any developing human in my womb has as much right to life as I do - I make exception for a developing human in my fallopian tube, but I wanted my children, and joyously anticipated their arrivals.
The difference is, the only womb I have a say about is MINE.
I cant', and won't, speak for, or attempt to coerce to my 'side', anyone else.
You would - as you've stated repeatedly: Your whole hope and goal in being here is to convince someone to gestate their pregnancy. And that if there was a proposed Constitutional Amendment, a personhood bill, criminalizing abortion in its entirety, you would vote for it.
I never would. That's where we disagree.
Agree
With your assessment
except on women in danger or who have babies,in their fallopian tubes..

The humans,in the wombs are persons..unfortunately the LAW,and I disagree.

Other than,affecting another person ..I really don't care how people live their life.

But I do wish safe sex were the norm ..

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#305562 Jul 21, 2013
That's not a standard twit; that's a paid troller--the worst of the worst.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Psstt....you just gave it what it was looking for.
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.
You of all people should Know that by now....but then, so should I, and I fed it first.
:(

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#305563 Jul 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the troll giving it away was not far behind, I see, lol.
worships reality

AOL

#305564 Jul 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky: "I see the crazed religious extremist control frak bitch hags are still here trying to own everyone's uterus."
I see you remain on a quest to execute as many defenseless babies in the womb as you can during your short, wretched life.
it's all the drunken, shrivelled old shrew lives for

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#305565 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he says he does for sure..But Won't say so far if it's,the bald Bruce from the New,movie ..lol
Then he should be putting his mug on here as a profile pick..lol.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305566 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since she snuck her way on here without me knowing
She has become Miss Uppity MADAM
Must have won the lotto
Without me knowing!!
That's what happens when I take a break
LOL
Then I'm sure she's become well acquainted with that crowd of thugs known as the IRS.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305567 Jul 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, the United States ISN'T a theocracy, either Christian or anything else. The U.S. is a democratic republic, effective when the Constitution was ratified. Try reading the first words of the First Amendment again.
"Congress shall pass no law respecting the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Those words give EACH side what they want; freedom OF religion to those who follow it and freedom FROM religion to those of us who choose to reject it. The ones who get pissed are militant religionists, yourself included obviously, who constantly whine when you can't force your toxic beliefs on everyone else by legislating your religious beliefs into laws. Too bad, pal.
If you want a government that oppresses people in the name of religion, move to a country that offers one. Afghanistan would probably be perfect for you.
Another ignorant fundie among us?

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305568 Jul 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should be putting his mug on here as a profile pick..lol.
Lol I agree. Front of back if his head ...lol

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305569 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Then I'm sure she's become well acquainted with that crowd of thugs known as the IRS.
Oh please do nit get me started on them!!!! Again .

Try 2 days ago .And some maybe yesterday.

They are shameless

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305570 Jul 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 pages worth.

Like yes I'm lonely ..hmm what shall I ever do..OH I KNOW

I will look on a topix board for a dating service!!!

GEE what a great Idea.. me too
Ocean56

AOL

#305572 Jul 22, 2013
Another ignorant fundie among us?
Yep. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of them.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305573 Jul 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Duchess Kate is in labor.

For proaborts like Ocean56 & Katie translates to: "Hurry up! There's still time to kill your baby!"
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305574 Jul 22, 2013
bearded clam wrote:
Where's FOO???
Getting her bearded clam serviced?
BC: "Where's FOO???"

Maybe her body finally succumbed to all the hate she carries within it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305575 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please do nit get me started on them!!!! Again .
Try 2 days ago .And some maybe yesterday.
They are shameless
Government sanctioned organized crime.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305576 Jul 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like cockroaches.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305577 Jul 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
BC: "Where's FOO???"
Maybe her body finally succumbed to all the hate she carries within it.
Maybe you should address your own hate issues...hmmm?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305578 Jul 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Duchess Kate is in labor.
For proaborts like Ocean56 & Katie translates to: "Hurry up! There's still time to kill your baby!"
What a ridiculously doofus thing for you to think and post, NR.

Didja just fall off the turnip truck or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,143,791
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Trojan 28,230
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min James 231,911
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) 16 hr Mr bobo 145
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 16 hr Becky 644
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 18 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,170
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE