Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,850
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305407 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "The developing fetal brain does not function properly until close to and following delivery. The thalamus, while developing, also is not functioning properly."
By "function properly," do you mean they can't feel pain? How would you know this? Pain is subjective. You would have to ask the babies. All they need is awareness of self. Subplate zone neurons are FIRING early on. Thalamus has projections to the cortex early on. Thalamus is receiving sensory input from the baby's body early on.
I disagree. The preborn baby's brain is functioning just fine for his or her stage of life. It was you who said you do not consider a preborn baby's beating heart a heart because it doesn't function like your heart does. Again, the baby's heart is functioning exactly like it is supposed to be functioning at his/her stage of life.
Quick question since we are on the topic of stages of life and various body system functions: After menopause, will you still be considered a functioning woman? Just wondering...
Oh, here's what you said about BORN BABIES not yet being babies because YOU don't approve of their brain function:
"Fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth.The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
You're a mess.
You're still a deceitful punk.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305408 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the larger question is whether or not groups, whose stated purpose is to raise money for a political agenda, are actually "operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare". Which, of course, was why such groups were receiving close scrutiny - not because of their political LEANINGS, be they left OR right.
Of course, being the cynic that I am, I also think the 'scandal' was perpetrated by the White House, as a red herring to all the OTHER shenanigans they've been up to there, of late.
:(
More to think about...

(did you see post to you on prior page?)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305409 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
United States Troll: "Pain being subjective hasn't stopped the hysterical anti-choicers from claiming the fetus DOES feel pain. So Antis have this info and choicers don't??"
Prolifers give benefit of the doubt to the baby humans in the womb. You know, like Texas recently did.
P.S. Your proabort bud Katie considers a newborn a fetus because she doesn't believe brain is at "functioning properly.....is not at "full capacity." Do you agree? Yes or no? Do you believe the newoborn experience pain before Katie's random "48 hours after birth" timeline? Yes or no?
You can't tell me pain is subjective so I have no proof fetus can't feel pain while telling me and others that fetus does feel pain. How do you know? You never supplied the twice requested C&P from that medical article regarding the subplate zone and its fetal development.

I, on the other hand, supplied a few links showing how the thalamus isn't working up to speed due to its lack of development.
"Dimmer switch"... You might as well admit the proof I showed regarding fetal brain development proves my claims correct.

Fetus is unaware of self/surroundings, incapable of feeling of pain due to immature brain development and an anesthetic-effect of the amniotic fluid.

You're still a deceitful punk. And your antics lost their humor years ago.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305410 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
More to think about...
(did you see post to you on prior page?)
Which one?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#305411 Jul 20, 2013
I've always wanted to see drescher and gilbert gottfried work together, just to see how long it takes an audience to commit murder from sheer annoyance.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Fran Drescher has the most annoying voice on the planet - perhaps in the solar system - and I never thought that show was the least bit funny.
Which charity are you talking about?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305412 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Which one?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

That one.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305413 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell me pain is subjective so I have no proof fetus can't feel pain while telling me and others that fetus does feel pain. How do you know? You never supplied the twice requested C&P from that medical article regarding the subplate zone and its fetal development.
I, on the other hand, supplied a few links showing how the thalamus isn't working up to speed due to its lack of development.
"Dimmer switch"... You might as well admit the proof I showed regarding fetal brain development proves my claims correct.
Fetus is unaware of self/surroundings, incapable of feeling of pain due to immature brain development and an anesthetic-effect of the amniotic fluid.
Katie, you've proven nothing other than you are poor at connecting obvious dots.

Yes, pain is subjective ("On a scale of 0-10, rate you pain.")

Your article indicated everything is present necessary for the baby to experience pain. What is also present is evidence clearly indicating an increase in heart rate, increase in stress hormones, etc. when baby is confronted w/ a threatening/aversive stimulus.

When you connect all the dots, one who has even an ounce of respect for human life would give deference to the innocent baby in utero.

You have more concern over dogs having pain than human babies in the womb.

You're a very ill individual.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305414 Jul 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've always wanted to see drescher and gilbert gottfried work together, just to see how long it takes an audience to commit murder from sheer annoyance.
<quoted text>
Jaleel White could play their adopted love-child...

:)
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305415 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "'Dimmer switch'... You might as well admit the proof I showed regarding fetal brain development proves my claims correct."

Your light switch all-or-nothing belief re nervous system development is abjectly & scientifically false.

Your scoffing at the dimmer switch analogy only shows your ignorance.

Again.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305416 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
"Kills trolls dead"? Yeah. It was cute.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305417 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You have more concern over dogs having pain than human babies in the womb.
Dogs are born.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305418 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Fetus is unaware of self/surroundings, incapable of feeling of pain due to immature brain development and an anesthetic-effect of the amniotic fluid."

What's interesting is the more science and technology advances, the more you are proven wrong.

Your purpose for killing babies isn't related to pain perception of the little ones, you kill babies because you have a chip on your shoulder related to YOUR poor decisions in life.

You try to get even w/ the world for your "hard life" by killing defenseless, innocent preborn babies.

You're pathetic.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305419 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still a deceitful punk.
Katie V.: "You're still a deceitful punk"

Classy.

According to the article YOU cited from the National Institute of Health, I'm spot on.

So, that happened..........
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305420 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Dogs are born.
What does that have to do w/ pain perception?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#305421 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I think all that IRS stuff was to get folks looking the other way - most of the organizations "targeted" were political fund raisers - hardly social welfare groups. And every single one was exempted from taxes anyway.
Samaritan's Purse may be a valid org, but I'll keep my help where I can see it working.
At first
Yes the ones targeted were those political groups,501. 527 ..unfortunate entities,spawned by election reform..

Just like the ones on the left.many of them who WERE NOT targetted.which means they were trying to mess with the election.

Mess with free speech..And if it's free speech on one side it should be free for all..

Just found out about the charities yesterday ...which is even more chilling ..

It's all a dangerous precedent...ask any of the Cuban refugees

As far as diversions go ..well this week the whole ite house has them for sure.

A,speech on the eve of hundreds of demonstrations..

If tempers get hot and people hurt ..who cares ..it's news,

Sorry but the whole thing is disgusting ..imo

I should block all the news channels on my tv..!!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#305422 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do w/ perception?
Perception?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305423 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do w/ pain perception?
Dogs feel pain. Born children feel pain. You, on the other hand, live only to cause pain.

Too bad for you, that you're feeble, and have no success in that endeavor.

Next...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305424 Jul 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! I've got the proof.
Well we can SEE your red hair ..Lol
Please don't pull.mine too hard

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305425 Jul 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. And if Madame has 10 servants then Moon is envious.
Hey so am I ..She won't share them

It takes three just to do up that silky hairdo ..lol

Feathers. Pearls ..flamboyant woman

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#305426 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"Kills trolls dead"? Yeah. It was cute.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Ok this next is all good but the shave scene near the end SO VERY LUCY
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Patrick 1,115,464
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Bruin For Life 27,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Thinking 228,590
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 24 min Fair Game 1,130
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr Michele 345
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE