Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#305395 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I still loved that program.
She did Lucy like no one else ..And then put the Jewish mother
Spin on it with Sylvia ..cracks me up.
Charity is SAMARITANSPURSE.ORG
they have the highest possible rating for great use of funds on Charity Navigator..4 stars
I have known about them for years..so I'm obviously on their mailing list. And list of donors.
Whenever There is a disaster or blight they are there.
They invented and built these temporary shelters for Haiti after the quake.
They were in THE SUDAN..DARFUR before the Celebrities could find it on the map...probably what got them on the hit list..(If you read that article FOO gave us about Darfur and this administration))
Texas...Oklahoma this year they were there rebuilding
And according t o some of the many links they and the BILLY GRAHAM FOUNDATION.
among those targeted targeted by IRS..it's shameful .they also went after groups favoring Israel
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/06/confi... .
Charity Navigator rates. All the Charities ..Not just religious
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
Lucy did Lucy like no one else, Rose.

I never EVER send money to organizations calling themselves 'charitable'. I prefer to donate my time - or food - to actual people. That way, I know my help is helping the needy, rather than some corporate bigwig, or his minions.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#305396 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Lucy did Lucy like no one else, Rose.
I never EVER send money to organizations calling themselves 'charitable'. I prefer to donate my time - or food - to actual people. That way, I know my help is helping the needy, rather than some corporate bigwig, or his minions.
Well I don't either ..until I read and saw about these folks..

They go where no one wants to and stay long after ..

I just found that NAVIGATOR SITE ..they are non partisanship and don't seem to rAte on the actual function not the,cause of any organization
Collecting money in charities,name.

A lo of these,groups,use half he money on collection of more money
And have high operating expenses.

I was glad Samarians had such a,high score

IRS. had no business going for hem hat way!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305397 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't either ..until I read and saw about these folks..
They go where no one wants to and stay long after ..
I just found that NAVIGATOR SITE ..they are non partisanship and don't seem to rAte on the actual function not the,cause of any organization
Collecting money in charities,name.
A lo of these,groups,use half he money on collection of more money
And have high operating expenses.
I was glad Samarians had such a,high score
IRS. had no business going for hem hat way!!
Again, I think all that IRS stuff was to get folks looking the other way - most of the organizations "targeted" were political fund raisers - hardly social welfare groups. And every single one was exempted from taxes anyway.

Samaritan's Purse may be a valid org, but I'll keep my help where I can see it working.
NOtorious REtread

United States

#305398 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "The developing fetal brain does not function properly until close to and following delivery. The thalamus, while developing, also is not functioning properly."
By "function properly," do you mean they can't feel pain? How would you know this? Pain is subjective. You would have to ask the babies. All they need is awareness of self. Subplate zone neurons are FIRING early on. Thalamus has projections to the cortex early on. Thalamus is receiving sensory input from the baby's body early on.
I disagree. The preborn baby's brain is functioning just fine for his or her stage of life. It was you who said you do not consider a preborn baby's beating heart a heart because it doesn't function like your heart does. Again, the baby's heart is functioning exactly like it is supposed to be functioning at his/her stage of life.
Quick question since we are on the topic of stages of life and various body system functions: After menopause, will you still be considered a functioning woman? Just wondering...
Oh, here's what you said about BORN BABIES not yet being babies because YOU don't approve of their brain function:
"Fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth.The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
You're a mess.
Retread bloviated: "By "function properly," do you mean they can't feel pain? How would you know this? Pain is subjective."

This hasn't stopped the hysterical anti-choicers from claiming the fetus DOES feel pain. So Antis have this info and choicers don't?? Don't be another pro-life hypocrite. Oh wait you already are!

Retread puked: "You would have to ask the babies. All they need is awareness of self."

Wrong Butty, the neurological system while developing is not working full capacity.
Luci Ferr

United States

#305399 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text> My brain does not function properly.
I'm a mess.
Get back to fellating me. Make yourself useful!
Luci Ferr

United States

#305400 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
When things aren't in my butt, I use the time to pull things out of it.
You bend to my will most enthusiastically! You are my most willing servant!
Guns Are Phallic

United States

#305401 Jul 20, 2013
Covert Stealth Ops wrote:
<quoted text>Why should Roe v. Wade be a done deal? Are you saying that things that are decided in your favor should be a done deal?
Hell yeah!!!!

Now go back to stroking your penile extension. <chuckle guffaw lmafao!!>

I just LOOVE internet tough guys!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#305402 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And get this,PLAYA SAYS she is the REDHEAD ..hussy!!!
LMAO! I've got the proof.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305403 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For all any one knows,I have 10 servants,..But the thing is if I'm here posting ..how dies one see if they are either here,or stalking .
I could be posting on 30 sites for all any one knows...
I Know Madame sneaks out and flirts ..Lol
That's right. And if Madame has 10 servants then Moon is envious.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#305404 Jul 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A mess is the comfort. Zone for some of us. Lol
I'll. Narrow it down, a real woman must be 50 + at this point :)
Do you like bruce willis? Lol
What?! I'm too young now?

Are you going to tell me you look like Bruce?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305405 Jul 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! I've got the proof.
Only my hairdresser knows for sure....

Tee hee....
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305406 Jul 20, 2013
NOtorious REtread wrote:
<quoted text>
Retread bloviated: "By "function properly," do you mean they can't feel pain? How would you know this? Pain is subjective."
This hasn't stopped the hysterical anti-choicers from claiming the fetus DOES feel pain. So Antis have this info and choicers don't?? Don't be another pro-life hypocrite. Oh wait you already are!
Retread puked: "You would have to ask the babies. All they need is awareness of self."
Wrong Butty, the neurological system while developing is not working full capacity.
United States Troll: "Pain being subjective hasn't stopped the hysterical anti-choicers from claiming the fetus DOES feel pain. So Antis have this info and choicers don't??"

Prolifers give benefit of the doubt to the baby humans in the womb. You know, like Texas recently did.

U.S. Troll: "The neurological system while developing is not working full capacity."

The neurological system is not like a light switch (Nothing happening until "full capacity"); it's more like a dimmer switch.

Some things are happening before your random "full capacity" state. Pain, for example.

P.S. Your proabort bud Katie considers a newborn a fetus because she doesn't believe brain is at "functioning properly.....is not at "full capacity." Do you agree? Yes or no? Do you believe the newoborn experience pain before Katie's random "48 hours after birth" timeline? Yes or no?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305407 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "The developing fetal brain does not function properly until close to and following delivery. The thalamus, while developing, also is not functioning properly."
By "function properly," do you mean they can't feel pain? How would you know this? Pain is subjective. You would have to ask the babies. All they need is awareness of self. Subplate zone neurons are FIRING early on. Thalamus has projections to the cortex early on. Thalamus is receiving sensory input from the baby's body early on.
I disagree. The preborn baby's brain is functioning just fine for his or her stage of life. It was you who said you do not consider a preborn baby's beating heart a heart because it doesn't function like your heart does. Again, the baby's heart is functioning exactly like it is supposed to be functioning at his/her stage of life.
Quick question since we are on the topic of stages of life and various body system functions: After menopause, will you still be considered a functioning woman? Just wondering...
Oh, here's what you said about BORN BABIES not yet being babies because YOU don't approve of their brain function:
"Fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth.The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
You're a mess.
You're still a deceitful punk.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305408 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the larger question is whether or not groups, whose stated purpose is to raise money for a political agenda, are actually "operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare". Which, of course, was why such groups were receiving close scrutiny - not because of their political LEANINGS, be they left OR right.
Of course, being the cynic that I am, I also think the 'scandal' was perpetrated by the White House, as a red herring to all the OTHER shenanigans they've been up to there, of late.
:(
More to think about...

(did you see post to you on prior page?)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305409 Jul 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
United States Troll: "Pain being subjective hasn't stopped the hysterical anti-choicers from claiming the fetus DOES feel pain. So Antis have this info and choicers don't??"
Prolifers give benefit of the doubt to the baby humans in the womb. You know, like Texas recently did.
P.S. Your proabort bud Katie considers a newborn a fetus because she doesn't believe brain is at "functioning properly.....is not at "full capacity." Do you agree? Yes or no? Do you believe the newoborn experience pain before Katie's random "48 hours after birth" timeline? Yes or no?
You can't tell me pain is subjective so I have no proof fetus can't feel pain while telling me and others that fetus does feel pain. How do you know? You never supplied the twice requested C&P from that medical article regarding the subplate zone and its fetal development.

I, on the other hand, supplied a few links showing how the thalamus isn't working up to speed due to its lack of development.
"Dimmer switch"... You might as well admit the proof I showed regarding fetal brain development proves my claims correct.

Fetus is unaware of self/surroundings, incapable of feeling of pain due to immature brain development and an anesthetic-effect of the amniotic fluid.

You're still a deceitful punk. And your antics lost their humor years ago.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305410 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
More to think about...
(did you see post to you on prior page?)
Which one?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#305411 Jul 20, 2013
I've always wanted to see drescher and gilbert gottfried work together, just to see how long it takes an audience to commit murder from sheer annoyance.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Fran Drescher has the most annoying voice on the planet - perhaps in the solar system - and I never thought that show was the least bit funny.
Which charity are you talking about?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#305412 Jul 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Which one?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

That one.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#305413 Jul 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell me pain is subjective so I have no proof fetus can't feel pain while telling me and others that fetus does feel pain. How do you know? You never supplied the twice requested C&P from that medical article regarding the subplate zone and its fetal development.
I, on the other hand, supplied a few links showing how the thalamus isn't working up to speed due to its lack of development.
"Dimmer switch"... You might as well admit the proof I showed regarding fetal brain development proves my claims correct.
Fetus is unaware of self/surroundings, incapable of feeling of pain due to immature brain development and an anesthetic-effect of the amniotic fluid.
You're still a deceitful punk. And your antics lost their humor years ago.
Katie, you've proven nothing other than you are poor at connecting obvious dots.

Yes, pain is subjective ("On a scale of 0-10, rate you pain.")

Your article indicated everything is present necessary for the baby to experience pain. What is also present is evidence clearly indicating an increase in heart rate, increase in stress hormones, etc. when baby is confronted w/ a threatening/aversive stimulus.

When you connect all the dots, one who has even an ounce of respect for human life would give deference to the innocent baby in utero.

You have more concern over dogs having pain than human babies in the womb.

You're a very ill individual.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#305414 Jul 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've always wanted to see drescher and gilbert gottfried work together, just to see how long it takes an audience to commit murder from sheer annoyance.
<quoted text>
Jaleel White could play their adopted love-child...

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DEATH 1,223,575
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 34 min Chosen Traveler 29,712
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 238,324
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web