Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,901 - 285,920 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

The first RCC codification of contraception wasn't until 195AD, by clement of alexandria. Peter would've been nothing but bones and ashes. There wasn't even a catholic church when peter supposedly lived.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>God gave the authority to Peter to make church rules. Don't you know anything about your Catholic faith? Your Uncle is "supposedly" a Deacon but you've never discussed your faith with him?.
Just my opinion but it seems that you don't really want to know tduth about it. You won't go before God and play ignorant that's for sure.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

No, but he evidently intended that women marry their rapists, that they be sold as sex slaves, that widows should get screwed by their brothers-in-law, etc. Your god's idea of "abused" is sadistic.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> I am trying to show patience here with you but you are not listening. ARTIFICIAL means to BLOCK pregnancy while HAVING sex is what is wrong because that SEX act was meant for procreation (first and foremost). To use that act that God intended to be open for life and BLOCK a life from potentially being conceived is wrong. Yoh are telling God NO.
It's like unmarried single people using sex for recreational fun with no love or committment. God didn't intend on sex being abused.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Katie Does Not Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's her priest too huh ? I thought you were only bashing her ? Was her priest on top of her voluntarily or did she force herself underneath him against his will ?
Do you know her priest ? Do you know if he is the type to force himself on unwilling women ? Or are you, as clearly is the case, just generalizing regarding the behavior of Catholic priests ?
You're a vile bigot and your attempts at damage control are laughable.
I may be a troll but this is one troll who's got your number. Big time.
LOL, no. You're merely a troll.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
I asked you a simple question. Twice you have not answered it.

You are suggesting another mothers young teenager uses birth control to prevent pregnancy but didn't suggest your own young teenager does?

Btw....a YOUNG minor is whom we are discussing, not an adult.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

She's not bashing catholics, she's pointing out that most catholics aren't self-righteous, screeching, cultish, harpies like knut. But no one has to "stop" repudiating the RCC, especially considering how hateful the RCC has been.
oh my gosh wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the devil exists, and I see through you that he does. And yes you are bashing Catholics, stop.
Katie Does Not Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, no. You're merely a troll.
And you are merely a bigot. A bigot who wisely chose not to offer any more of your contradictory drivel in your own defense. You are apparently a bigot who has the capacity to learn from past mistakes.
Slime.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The first RCC codification of contraception wasn't until 195AD, by clement of alexandria. Peter would've been nothing but bones and ashes. There wasn't even a catholic church when peter supposedly lived.
<quoted text>
God appointed Peter to head his church on earth. The Popes down the centuries are his successors.

"HE WHO HEARS YOU PETER HEARS ME".

Recap; God gave the Pope the authority to head his church and to make church decisions. His successors follow suit the way God intended and "the gates of hell will not prevail against it".

Catholic means universal btw.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Contraception means anything which prevents pregnancy. Celibacy is contrary to pregnancy. Abstinence is contrary to pregnancy. Practicing any method, including 'natural family planning' is contrary to pregnancy - at least the unwanted kind.
Rationalize away, my dear, but NFP is not only contraception, it is deliberate contraception. Flies in the face of God's command to go forth and multiply.
You're the second biggest hypocrite I've ever seen here - the first of course, being that hag of a Nebraskan.
With your logic, a single young person is using contraception if they won't sleep with their pressuring bf because they don't want to get pregnant.

LOL

Not having sex equates to using contraception in your eyes. LMAO how silly
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
She's not bashing catholics, she's pointing out that most catholics aren't self-righteous, screeching, cultish, harpies like knut. But no one has to "stop" repudiating the RCC, especially considering how hateful the RCC has been.
<quoted text>
Tell that to the recipients of Catholic charities.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

<quoted text>
And you are merely a bigot. A bigot who wisely chose not to offer any more of your contradictory drivel in your own defense. You are apparently a bigot who has the capacity to learn from past mistakes.
Slime.
LOL, that's so cute. You think people take you seriously.
Katie Does Not Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's so cute. You think people take you seriously.
Bigot.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bigot.
Nah, you're just a troll desperate for attention.

I've given you enough of that for one day.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>God gave the authority to Peter to make church rules. Don't you know anything about your Catholic faith? Your Uncle is "supposedly" a Deacon but you've never discussed your faith with him?.
Just my opinion but it seems that you don't really want to know tduth about it. You won't go before God and play ignorant that's for sure.
what if what you call "truth" someone else calls a lie?
what if peter wasn't a person, but a rock?
what if all the translations got it wrong?

what if man made up all these rules you claim are god's?
what if... what if... what if...?!
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
YOU were debating Katie, not me. And in the course of said debate she clearly misrepresented your position ( something she does quite often when she's not just flat out lying ) regarding your focus on the fetus to the exclusion of the woman. I merely clarified your position. Something you for whatever reason, were reluctant to do. No need to thank me.
In the future try worrying less about possibly offending someone and worry more about your position on the all important fate of the unborn being presented accurately.
You merely poked your long nose in where it doesn't belong.

Like all the other ACers, Rose is focused on late term abortions without realizing these annual numbers are small. These are the very abortions she doesn't think of as abortions. These are the situations where woman's life is in danger.

Rose's problem, like most other ACers, is she wants all abortion criminalized -- especially during the first trimester -- when the majority of annual abortions take place.

She seems to believe all or most of these are done on healthy women, healthy embryos/fetuses.

I did not represent a thing.

You misrepresented me, then tried to flip it around. Quit it, loser. Find another toy. I am not it.

And if you're Rachel pulling this crap, you have proved me right from years on back.

If you're not, FOAD.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> God appointed Peter to head his church on earth. The Popes down the centuries are his successors.
"HE WHO HEARS YOU PETER HEARS ME".
Recap; God gave the Pope the authority to head his church and to make church decisions. His successors follow suit the way God intended and "the gates of hell will not prevail against it".
Catholic means universal btw.
Oh please. So Pope Alexander

Lucretia s dad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_V...

And Pope Innocent

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

Among others

WeWe actually people that St Peter whom I sincerely believe to be a Saint ...would approve of .

These,and many other things led to the Reformation ..IMO a,good thing..especially for American a n settlement

But that is a discussion on another forum

I cannot say and be truthful that the history I learned later in life
Sent me away from the CC

BUT I sure KNow. I felt lied to by those who said how infallible and holy the POPES POPE. ARE

LET ME add I think your modern Popes especially
BLESSED JOHN PAUL

who was,humble and honest enough to apologize for the past history of your church are indeed worthy successors to PETER.

BUT saying all popes were is a blatant untruth IMO

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

oh my gosh wrote:
Here Sassy
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
3 hrs ago
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, in many cases the teen's mom does often end up raising another child. It's a huge impact on the entire family involved, both sets of families.
I agree with your recommendation of girls reading the stories of moms who regret motherhood. For some mothers, it's not the rainbows and butterflies they thought it'd be...
Katie
This was supposed to be a response to one of your posts ..I found it on the Misconception thread but did not see your original post over there
Yours was about the tough time you had
So sorry
RoSesz wrote:
It Is most certainly hard to be a single working mom.
I finally git my arrears. But at the rate of 35 a week..Lol.
By that time my daughter was in college..so I gave mist of it to her for expenses..the little left..she git to use FOR her wedding.
Didn't help.me much
Got most of my education by taking classes,on my own..Still never made much at all.
The one time I asked for help..Vic Rehab was helping me as I had get a new,line if work ..so they paid some for school.
I got a blood clot..at that time you had to be in the hospital 2weeks. And then off your feet.
So I actually got food stamps! For two whole weeks!! BUT as I was talking to some agency that would help me out from the VOC REHAB people..they had s someone call me about TAKING MY CHILD INTO FOSTER CARE!!!
I think I screamed so loud the nurses came running..I was in shock and crying...
Thankfully my folks were still alive then..they both died a few years later...I convinced them THAT NONE OF THEIR SERVICES would be needed or welcome!!!!
That's what the total of my government HELP was.
I had a least worked and in my new job I just worked harder..determined that my child would have it better
No one can take her e education from her.
Thankfully she can manage with hubby job..to work part time and have the boys in school..SHE HAS A PROFESSION.
the one thing through all this I made sure of is I never again would have an unplanned pregnancy ..like the one I had in high school.
I knew,I could NEVER ever have an abortion...not give a child again for adoption ..not raise another child on my own
And when I could no longer use the pill.
I HAD MY TUBES tied..That is how SERIOUS I Was to be responsible.
We women do not have it easy .
But my daughter and now my son. Whose life I am now aPart of ..
Are my pride and joy.
That they have a better lot in life.
IS WHAT THIS COUNTRY. WAS MADE OF..
OUR chief goal in life is to make it better for them
And part of that is,WAIT ON SEX...DO NOT get pregnant ..unless you are ready and want to raise a child ..
What is your point ..
I posted that to Katie but on the wrong thread ..so who cares..except ME and KATIE

It was an answer to a post about hoe hard her life had been as a single mother

Again so what .

SOME OF US HAVE HAD A,HARDER LIFE THAN YOURS

again SO WHAT knit

Now you are not just tracking me ..You are posting yet again from one thread to another .

Is this another of your attempts to HARASS AND EMBARASS ME.

OH will you ever learn
Katie Does Not Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, you're just a troll desperate for attention.
I've given you enough of that for one day.
Wise choice. The less you say the less chance you have of sticking your bigoted foot in your even more bigoted mouth.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

oh my gosh wrote:
<quoted text>The
church is not a building but the people who believe. Also the pagans were forcing the Christians underground, you know the catechombs there is evidence there of alters and such . In fact the fish sign is what the early Catholics used to message others. You don't even know history. You are wrong again.
Exactly

The CHURCH is the body of people who BELUEVE THAT Jesus Christ is Lord And Saviour

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on La moon, atleast put up alittle fight, so I can feel like a Big Man for a sec ;)
Alright...I'll pull her hair and scratch her eyes out and scream "he's mine!!".

LMAO! Feel better?

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> I asked you a simple question. Twice you have not answered it.
You are suggesting another mothers young teenager uses birth control to prevent pregnancy but didn't suggest your own young teenager does?
Btw....a YOUNG minor is whom we are discussing, not an adult.
Exactly I ACTUALLY did answer .
It is not your business

See link to HIPAA I gave you .

As,for the common misconceptions that were posted..Under the title Contraception misconception

they exist and could actually hurt the user ...

So if the ONE actual other person on that site who is twenty years old ls

doing any of those things ..it's good information.

Most if the info on that site SAYS,DON'T HAVE SEX.

There are consequences BIG time .

AS,for your buddy dragging my info over here ...That is MINE TO TELL.
Not hers..But it's fine I don't care.

It's childish and borders when combined with her posts on this and the CATHOLUC site..about my having a stroke...or not believing in Christ ..on the same kind of harassment she loves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min John Galt 1,080,433
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 224,176
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Fight On 26,672
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••