Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,881 - 285,900 of 305,142 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CONTRA. against
Testing yourself for fertility and AVOIDING sex when you ARE FERTILE
Is contraception
And birth control
call it by what name you like Sasssy...
ABSTAIN
FIVE DAYS PERIOD. SEVEN DAYS AFTER ..THEN PURIFICATION .
those were the ONLY days,mentioned to NOT have sex
So your NFP is in direct contradiction of bible teaching
And if you say the OT is no good on that I disagreed
I knit you in the Womb ..is OT.
AND I BELIEVE THAT ..don't you???
In the New testament there is nothing
I am trying to show patience here with you but you are not listening. ARTIFICIAL means to BLOCK pregnancy while HAVING sex is what is wrong because that SEX act was meant for procreation (first and foremost). To use that act that God intended to be open for life and BLOCK a life from potentially being conceived is wrong. Yoh are telling God NO.

It's like unmarried single people using sex for recreational fun with no love or committment. God didn't intend on sex being abused.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Knit by my clear testimony and actually saying
It would be best NOT TO HAVE SEX ..MY LIFE WOUKD HAVE GONE BETTER IF I HADN'T. etc..
I think I make it quite clear what I think.they should do.
HOWEVER to compound the Sin with an Abortion is much worse than using contraception..IMO.
AS IT IS ENDING A LIFE already imbued with an immortal souls
SPERM HAS,no Soul..Neither does an Egg I do not produce .
Of course it's "better" if the woman or girl doesn't get pregnant.

Women DO get pregnant while PROPERLY or IMPROPERLY using bc. Therefore, that woman/girl IS creating/conceiving life. Many early abortions are due to that happening. It's a fact. I would say that once upon a time that abortion wouldn't have been *intentional* because we weren't aware of that fact but TODAY it is known...therefore it becomes *intentional* because you ignore the possibility of that.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And that was the MAIN MESSAGE on that teen forum ..Ocean did a great job in talking about the price tag if teen sex .
I told MY SAD STORY ...
some kids have no beliefs,Sassy ..they do nit listen to NO NO .
FROM a religious standpoint ..sad but true..
I thank God profusely when I post that I have a son NOT ABORTED..to have a,part in His life ..
Certain people think I should just forget about that..But it US the main reason I came on here .
So I will not be quiet about it ..And you know what is,ODD. THE ONLY person who has suggested I do ..is..You know who.
Don't you think.it odd that a,prolifer. Is the only one who says my son WOUKD nit like it ..I should put it behind me.
I think it is a clear reason to NOT ABORT. make a different choice .
And NOT ONE PROCHOUCER has told me to keep silent .
Your story is indeed powerful testimony. You gave in to temptation and were dumped by a boy who used you for sex but promised the world.

You also gave your son life despite the hardship.

Tell me something...did you put your teenage daughter on the pill and supply hdr with condoms in CASE she had sex?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

oh my gosh wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the devil exists, and I see through you that he does. And yes you are bashing Catholics, stop.
No, he doesn't.

And no, I'm not. I'm bashing YOU. There is a difference. Apparently one you're too stupid to see. Not my problem.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And that was the MAIN MESSAGE on that teen forum ..Ocean did a great job in talking about the price tag if teen sex .
I told MY SAD STORY ...
some kids have no beliefs,Sassy ..they do nit listen to NO NO .
FROM a religious standpoint ..sad but true..
I thank God profusely when I post that I have a son NOT ABORTED..to have a,part in His life ..
Certain people think I should just forget about that..But it US the main reason I came on here .
So I will not be quiet about it ..And you know what is,ODD. THE ONLY person who has suggested I do ..is..You know who.
Don't you think.it odd that a,prolifer. Is the only one who says my son WOUKD nit like it ..I should put it behind me.
I think it is a clear reason to NOT ABORT. make a different choice .
And NOT ONE PROCHOUCER has told me to keep silent .
You claim that it's "sad but true" that kids have no belief. I wonder why you don't give them something to ponder FROM that standpoint...sex wise.

. Perhaps God is using you to teach them about him.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Your story is indeed powerful testimony. You gave in to temptation and were dumped by a boy who used you for sex but promised the world.
You also gave your son life despite the hardship.
Tell me something...did you put your teenage daughter on the pill and supply hdr with condoms in CASE she had sex?
I have never given my daughter a condom ...NOR told her to have sex.

Her conversations,and treatment by she and her doctor about at issue are private ..You know absurdly nothing ...And btw it's not your business,
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Christ hear us wrote:
<quoted text>Thoe were Jewish laws,cultural laws, not Christian laws. Remember when Christ gave the Apostles shellfish to eat? And pork? read your bible.
There's a Jewish saying, "oz mi lebt delebt min." If you live long enough, you will experience everything. I never thought I would agree with you, but I agree with your post.
1) I have always called the notion of Judeo-Christianity, "nonsense".
2) I have always called Messianic Judaism, "Phony."
Katie Does Not Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if the she is me.
I said all I am going to on late term abortion. For two days ..have it my best
It was changing no minds ..mine included. And making us get ticked off..which I DO NOT CARE FOR !
It's s forum..not WW 3
But I am yes in favor if saving the life of the mother ..removing dead babies ..And organs in ectopic pregnancies.
None if which I personally refer to as elective abortion ..
Delivery and surgery I'd how I see it..in a hospital not clinic.
If you wish to keep debating Katie..You two have at it..
YOU were debating Katie, not me. And in the course of said debate she clearly misrepresented your position ( something she does quite often when she's not just flat out lying ) regarding your focus on the fetus to the exclusion of the woman. I merely clarified your position. Something you for whatever reason, were reluctant to do. No need to thank me.
In the future try worrying less about possibly offending someone and worry more about your position on the all important fate of the unborn being presented accurately.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Good informative post.
Too bad for you and piggy peggy that your church and religious beliefs don't override our understanding and knowlege of human sexuality.

Let us know when you're out of the 13th century.
sassy JM

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never given my daughter a condom ...NOR told her to have sex.
Her conversations,and treatment by she and her doctor about at issue are private ..You know absurdly nothing ...And btw it's not your business,
Of course I know nothing about it..hence the reason why I am asking you. I didn't *insinuate* that you "told her to have sex" either.

As a young teenager did you offer suggest birth control pills and condoms as prevention like you do the teens on the TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION forum?
Katie Does Not Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't.
And no, I'm not. I'm bashing YOU. There is a difference. Apparently one you're too stupid to see. Not my problem.
Your derogatory statements regarding priests are clearly indicative of anti-Catholic bigotry and belie your claim of attacking only one individual poster.
You are clearly a pernicious bigot.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Katie Does Not Read wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU were debating Katie, not me. And in the course of said debate she clearly misrepresented your position ( something she does quite often when she's not just flat out lying ) regarding your focus on the fetus to the exclusion of the woman. I merely clarified your position. Something you for whatever reason, were reluctant to do. No need to thank me.
In the future try worrying less about possibly offending someone and worry more about your position on the all important fate of the unborn being presented accurately.
In saying I have said all I was going to say in a particular subject..And then agreeing with you about what I mean about saving the moms,life .

I am not being concerned about offence .

Simply stating that to keep on and on saying the exact same thing ..is foolish and only leads to being frustrated and ticked off..myself included.
I have nothing mire to impart..I thought I was clear on emergency delivery and the like ..SINCE I HAVE LEARNED TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR
ON THAT ..every time I post on abortion .
To the point I myself get sick of me saying it ...so I think I made it clear ..But fir you I repeated it yet again

I have no mire info on late term to impart ..I was saying if YOU and KATIE do..feel free...

Kind if like what I said on NFP to knit today ..
I have said to her all I can on the subject ..she can talk to herself.

then Sassy came on..said the same exact thing...so did I.
To be polite..yes but since she ONKY partially reads back..I thought it important ..

If my opinion ...OPINION ..offends anyone..well that's on them ..since I try very hard NOT TO get personal with anyone ..Not insult them as I have been insulted ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your derogatory statements regarding priests are clearly indicative of anti-Catholic bigotry and belie your claim of attacking only one individual poster.
You are clearly a pernicious bigot.
My derogatory statement was about her, and her priest. That is in no way about Catholics as a whole.

You are clearly a troll.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Of course I know nothing about it..hence the reason why I am asking you. I didn't *insinuate* that you "told her to have sex" either.
As a young teenager did you offer suggest birth control pills and condoms as prevention like you do the teens on the TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION forum?
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understa...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Anything that prevents conception is, by definition, contraception. That includes NFP.

BTW--your jesus never said a word about contraception, nor did he tell his followers to be obnoxious and insulting.
Hear us Lord wrote:
<quoted text>You absolutely don't get it, do you. You are too shallow to comprehend why contraception is wrong. I don't think you could understand what is written about contraceptives and the culture of death, you just don't have the mind to understand and esp NFP. Someone has to take classes and learn how to know when one is fertile and avoid sex which I really doubt you could comprehend with your simple little mind. You have been deceived by the pro aborts who I imagine are filling your little mind up with nonsense who will soon throw you under a bus. It is so sad you can't even understand what Christ taught.You don't understand people who use artificial birth control are selfish ,hedonistic and actually hate themselves.
Katie Does Not Read

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In saying I have said all I was going to say in a particular subject..And then agreeing with you about what I mean about saving the moms,life .
I am not being concerned about offence .
Sorry but when you talk about not caring to "tick off" and worrying that this is a 'forum and not WW 3" you are clearly concerned about offending.
Simply stating that to keep on and on saying the exact same thing ..is foolish and only leads to being frustrated and ticked off..myself included.
I have nothing mire to impart..I thought I was clear on emergency delivery and the like ..SINCE I HAVE LEARNED TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR
ON THAT ..every time I post on abortion .
Yes you have which makes it even clearer that her misrepresentation of your position should not have gone unchallenged.
To the point I myself get sick of me saying it ...so I think I made it clear ..But fir you I repeated it yet again
I have no mire info on late term to impart ..I was saying if YOU and KATIE do..feel free...
Kind if like what I said on NFP to knit today ..
I have said to her all I can on the subject ..she can talk to herself.
then Sassy came on..said the same exact thing...so did I.
To be polite..yes but since she ONKY partially reads back..I thought it important ..
If my opinion ...OPINION ..offends anyone..well that's on them ..since I try very hard NOT TO get personal with anyone ..Not insult them as I have been insulted ..
Simply clarifying your position for someone hellbent on lying about it doesn't require "getting personal".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Just say no? That hasn't been effective in the history of or species. Promiscuity,fornication, adultery--these are common in every culture and society, regardless of severity of punishment. It is vital that kids--who enter puberty as young as 9, when control is weak at best--know at least enough to prevent a pregnancy.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Rose, it was your choice to reject the Catholic church. According to your *new* religion, you still agree that God forbids fornication, right? So for you to suggest to unmarried children teens and others how to disobey God by not getting pregnant is wrong.
MANY, like you said, don't come from homes that teach morals but that doesn't mean that it is best for them to be taught by a Christian woman that "if you're going to have sex anyway then at least try to avoid the natural consequences/results of that adult activity meant for married couples".
MANY have great success teaching the youth to JUST SAY NO by explaining everything to them. Kids need love and sound guidance not adults who have no faith in them.
Here is such an example to google "sex has a pricetag" by Pam Stenzel. She goes around to schools and has much success with her powerful message!
Check it out and let me know what you think
Katie Does Not Read

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My derogatory statement was about her, and her priest. That is in no way about Catholics as a whole.
You are clearly a troll.
Now it's her priest too huh ? I thought you were only bashing her ? Was her priest on top of her voluntarily or did she force herself underneath him against his will ?
Do you know her priest ? Do you know if he is the type to force himself on unwilling women ? Or are you, as clearly is the case, just generalizing regarding the behavior of Catholic priests ?
You're a vile bigot and your attempts at damage control are laughable.
I may be a troll but this is one troll who's got your number. Big time.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Contraception means using artificial or natural means to avoid pregnancy WHILE having sex. There is no sex while practicing NFP.
Nothing wrong with avoiding pregnancy during certain times in your life.I had to a few times. But ultimately, the sex act between married couples should be open for life. That also doesn't mean that we "must" have sex when fertile though.
I can't believe that this conversation is still being discussed. It quite simple to comprehend.It's been explained over and over many times. I think that it's sad when former or non-practicing Catholics don't understand their former or present faith.
IMO this is where most misconceptions are spread like wild fire.
Contraception means anything which prevents pregnancy. Celibacy is contrary to pregnancy. Abstinence is contrary to pregnancy. Practicing any method, including 'natural family planning' is contrary to pregnancy - at least the unwanted kind.

Rationalize away, my dear, but NFP is not only contraception, it is deliberate contraception. Flies in the face of God's command to go forth and multiply.

You're the second biggest hypocrite I've ever seen here - the first of course, being that hag of a Nebraskan.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sorry but when you talk about not caring to "tick off" and worrying that this is a 'forum and not WW 3" you are clearly concerned about offending.
<quoted text>
Yes you have which makes it even clearer that her misrepresentation of your position should not have gone unchallenged.
<quoted text>
Simply clarifying your position for someone hellbent on lying about it doesn't require "getting personal".
Ok thanks,for clarifying ..
Did not seem necessary

However ..about offending ..my opinion is mine

I make no bones,about it

Nor back pedal on it.

I PERSONALLY ..FOR MY OWN BENEFIT and peace of mind

CHOOSE to not keep going over points,already made..I know it ticks

ME,off.

Probably the person I am arguing with also

We had no common point of view on it ..

I said so ..

But again you feel free .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••