Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304813 Jul 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain."
You still intentionally omit contributions from the sublplate zone and thalamus? After all these years, you still ignore modern science?
Wow, you're really, really ignorant.
A smooth cortex is equivalent to a dead hard drive. You might have the most up-to-date programs installed, but these can do absolutely nothing if your computer isn't capable of processing it.
Dead Ops4

El Paso, TX

#304814 Jul 13, 2013
wtf u talking about

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304815 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Roe v Wade already restricts induced abortion at 24 weeks gestation.
Like Bitner has been saying to you, nobody has kept track of which abortions are elective and which are therapeutic at this point. However, the odds favor these are more therapeutic than elective since the majority of elective abortion is done during the first trimester.
Meaning, for the majority of women, these are wanted pregnancies where something has gone wrong.
It is not up to clergy, politicians, or nosy parkers to determine woman is healthy then try to criminalize it when nobody is keeping track of this data.
<quoted text>
Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain. There are other articles out there you can research about the comparisons of fetal brain and preemie brain. There have been plenty of studies done.
Besides, the amniotic fluid also acts as an anesthetic. Fetus is doubly protected.
Delivery isn't exactly an easy chore for either woman or newborn. Don't you think if a newborn were able to feel as you are trying to imply, than those injured during the birthing process would react strongly their injuries?
My second granddaughter's shoulder was caught up behind her during delivery. She did not respond to it although it was horribly bruised for more than a week. And creased from the unnatural way it was bent. It has since worked itself out and there is no lasting nerve damage from what's been seen by her pediatrician.
<quoted text>
The main focus of ACers is to "deliver fetus early whether it survives or not" without any regard to its quality of life no matter how short it is.
A couple years ago the ACers were all over themselves because a woman was denied a therapeutic abortion when it was learned her amniotic fluid had leaked out and she was not reproducing any more. A child in utero without amniotic fluid does not develop properly. You can look it up.
Anyway, baby was delivered, but didn't have the ability to breathe. It had not produced surfactant yet. And so it drowned, like a fish out of water. But the ACers here were all over this as if it was humane and loving. Watching baby suffocate was anything but loving, imo.
The pregnant woman was denied making a decision between her doctor and herself because of a brand new law criminalizing abortion past a certain gestational week. Maybe it was 20, I forget.
You think it's right to do that to another woman? Remove her right to do what she thinks is best for her family, her fetus, herself?
So removing the uterine contents ..ie the baby by killing it is protected by amniotic fluid..But a tiny preemie. May indeed feel pain with the same amount of brain .

Sorry the are aware ..at some level..And 24 weeks is viable

Yes you deliver the baby ..you don't go in and kill it to save the mom..

And God forbid it dies...at leAst at some level of awareness it feel loved......Nit killing violently .

Location hidden

#304816 Jul 13, 2013
Christ have mercy on us wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know why people get annulments? Because they break the Sacrement of marriage which would men if one doesn't want to have children, or follow the Catholic doctrine ansd even rising the children wrong and last but not least , using birth control. The U'S. has a very materialistic lifestyle that cause a lot of problems. Maybe your mad at Mother Church because She didn't grant you an annulment? Hhm?
So how do we explain Teddy Kennedy getting an annulment against his wife's wishes so he could marry someone else In the CHURCH .

HYPOCRISY ..that's how ..But I'm sure he contributes a lot yo the diocese..

Same way he got away With. Mary Joe. That poor young lady...

Location hidden

#304817 Jul 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking a vote on Church doctrine is not how the Catholic Church works, dear.
You are a quitter. You couldn't hack living a called for by Christ & His Church. You wanted to live life YOUR way. Now look at you.
'Nuf said..........
So you are Catholic ?? But won't answer for a week now if you believe in Jesus???

Location hidden

#304821 Jul 13, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics do not have services, we celebrate Mass. How do you know the Church is full of gay people, you are assuming and bearing false witness.
They go to church there. As couples..

Did you think I took a poll.

I see them in my grocery store too..

Around the neighborhood ..

And in the Catholic Church ..

They say the same prayers you say knit
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304822 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
So removing the uterine contents ..ie the baby by killing it is protected by amniotic fluid..But a tiny preemie. May indeed feel pain with the same amount of brain .
Sorry the are aware ..at some level..And 24 weeks is viable
Yes you deliver the baby ..you don't go in and kill it to save the mom..
And God forbid it dies...at leAst at some level of awareness it feel loved......Nit killing violently .
The middle top bar has a tab titled Healthy Brain MRI. You'll want to click on that for comparison.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/231412-brai...
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#304823 Jul 13, 2013
Roe V Wade is all about womens rights. I want to know who is going to protect the rights of unborn children?

Location hidden

#304824 Jul 13, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it your business? Why are you judging? It's not your place to judge, you know. Keep trying to work out your own problems. Don't worry about others.
Because you were expounding on annulment ..It's a Catholic sanctioned divorce
TOLD TO US publicly BY poor MRS.KENNEDY

S he felt that was as if her marriage had not happened ..And what of her children .

So we have no divorce ..just annulment

No Nobody control..just NFP....which is exactly the opposite of when the bible says God told the people yo have sex

I have no problem calling it birth control ..And seeing it as a lesser evil than abortion .

But I'm NOT a hypocrite saying my church says one thing is ok if we call it something else.
I don t know how God feels about it .honestly .
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#304825 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>The priest is married to the Church so.... he can't be married.
Sure didn't stop the priests from cheating on the "marriage" by diddling the children huh?

Location hidden

#304826 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The middle top bar has a tab titled Healthy Brain MRI. You'll want to click on that for comparison.
Katie..there is an old ..Paleo cortex ..That fights for survival

And a neocortex. That gives better brain function.

If t hat child is being killed killed once it has a brain it will try unsuccessfully to survive.

If a baby is born at say 22 weeks ..do they feel pain or shy away from the feel of a needle drawing blood for example .

I'm saying enough is enough ...

I don't want to see any elective abortion..No semantics please .

But if you cannot even set A20 week limit on t he chance that after that would be extreme cruelty ..We are never going to agree.

I hope it becomes law because it's cruelty FOR convenience..

Unless it is for the life of m o m or baby ..keep that baby in t he womb where it belongs.

Have you ever seen a preemie. How can y oh even imagine violently killing such a being ???? IN OR OUT of the womb .

Location hidden

#304827 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-437...
Please

Watch this video
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-i...

If they move from your movement..reach out and touch..They Are Aware
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304828 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie..there is an old ..Paleo cortex ..That fights for survival
And a neocortex. That gives better brain function.
If t hat child is being killed killed once it has a brain it will try unsuccessfully to survive.
If a baby is born at say 22 weeks ..do they feel pain or shy away from the feel of a needle drawing blood for example .
I'm saying enough is enough ...
I don't want to see any elective abortion..No semantics please .
But if you cannot even set A20 week limit on t he chance that after that would be extreme cruelty ..We are never going to agree.
I hope it becomes law because it's cruelty FOR convenience..
Unless it is for the life of m o m or baby ..keep that baby in t he womb where it belongs.
Have you ever seen a preemie. How can y oh even imagine violently killing such a being ???? IN OR OUT of the womb .
"I don't want to see any elective abortion..No semantics please ."

That says it all. Whether or not you believe in the Religious Right, it believes in you. And counts on people just like you in its quest to turn America into a theocracy.

Besides, who knew you were being forced to watch other women's private medical procedures that merit absolutely no concern from you?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304829 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-437...
Please
Watch this video
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-i...
If they move from your movement..reach out and touch..They Are Aware
Even if the fetus is aware on some subliminal level like you seem to believe (and insist others believe as well), it is over quickly, painlessly. Yes painlessly because there is nothing to process the pain. Nothing.

You treat the abortion procedure as something malicious, twisting the reality of it for whatever reason I can't imagine.

Try to take a step back and look at the whole picture. Try, for the sake of women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy, to see beyond the fetus.

The ACers here are fetal focused to the exclusion of women. It seems you are, too.

Location hidden

#304830 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't want to see any elective abortion..No semantics please ."
That says it all. Whether or not you believe in the Religious Right, it believes in you. And counts on people just like you in its quest to turn America into a theocracy.
Besides, who knew you were being forced to watch other women's private medical procedures that merit absolutely no concern from you?
But Katie

I don't have watch to know it's,happening ...a child who has at the very least awareness is being violently killed ...

Not delivered early to save the mother's life in a life and death situation ..But purposely killed before removing its remains .

If it can move..touch it's face..umbilical cord..move in response if you touch him...it is aware. And J do nit have to be a member if a Rdkigiuis Right movement to feel empathy fir that child.

It's nit even religious .

People cry over pets for heaven sake ..I did.

That is not religious or a theocracy..It's plain and simple humanity
KATIE not a conspiracy..

We ..who feel as I do ..see them as babies

I woukd see them as babies no.matter if I believed in God or not.

I was agsinst abortion BEfore I became a,Christian

Yes I believe they are loved by God..He will care fir them .

But to.mske their last moments of life a torture of which they are aware..Is inhumane ..We treat dogs better than that!!

..But if we as humans can show no mercy to these. What kind if humans are we.

Location hidden

#304833 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the fetus is aware on some subliminal level like you seem to believe (and insist others believe as well), it is over quickly, painlessly. Yes painlessly because there is nothing to process the pain. Nothing.
You treat the abortion procedure as something malicious, twisting the reality of it for whatever reason I can't imagine.
Try to take a step back and look at the whole picture. Try, for the sake of women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy, to see beyond the fetus.
The ACers here are fetal focused to the exclusion of women. It seems you are, too.
You are correct in that I really do not like ANY abortion But in this case we are speaking of it makes abortion advocates feel good to say it's painless. And rare.

I do nit believe it for a,second .

But since it is legal to abort ..in a purely e elective abortion..

MAKE up your mind earlier ..when there is NO AWARENESS.

AND AGAIN Not speaking of early DELIVERY .

Location hidden

#304834 Jul 13, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is trashing my church and please stop it. Stop with the false statements about mu Church. You don't know. Your post is nothing but nonsense.
So you honestly think that there are no Catholic Gay people .
Who go to church.

Even your friends on the other board say the Church reaches out to everyone .

You think telling the truth is,trashing .

Ask your priest..knit.

If the CHarts gays,at the door.

I don't know how it is in Nebraska,
But here there are gay people in Catholic churches..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304835 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>Yet you are still wrong. Doctors would say you are wrong.
Doctors of what - philosophy? Not gynecology or obstetrics, that's for sure.

As far as what constitutes an abortion, there first has to be a pregnancy. If the woman isn't ovulating, as a result of the hormones she is using to suspend fertility, then she cannot GET pregnant, much less lose a pregnancy.

If you could fix stupid, you'd have started with yourself.

Location hidden

#304836 Jul 13, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is trashing my church and please stop it. Stop with the false statements about mu Church. You don't know. Your post is nothing but nonsense.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/can-...

Knit

Seriously there ARE gay Catholics

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304837 Jul 13, 2013
How fortunate I am to merely be a promiscuous, gay atheist...I don't have any of those problems. What's WRONG with you heteros?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what happens to the lives of those who live a life of debauchery and loose morals (like you and Lala).
Dead babies, divorces, STDs, loneliness, emptiness, alcohol abuse, depression, trouble w/ relationships and holding a job, lostness, low self-esteem, etc.
No thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,277,197
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 42 min Earthling-1 6,915
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr dollarsbill 247,512
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 29,948
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 hr Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web