Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304718 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy. More of my focus is on the pregnant woman than on the embryo/fetus growing inside her. She is known. Her embryo/fetus is unknowing and unknown. I don't expect you to agree with this, but any grown person should have a basic understanding of it, imo
For some strange reason you are incapable of understanding this and ascribe all manner of strangeness which you try to project.
Katie V.: "I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy"
______

Really? Would you consider your following quote an attempt of showing sentiment & empathy for the little ones in the womb?

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304723 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy"
______
Really? Would you consider your following quote an attempt of showing sentiment & empathy for the little ones in the womb?
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.
Are you thick?

How many times do you have to be told somebody else said that?
A different person asked me about it.
And I gave an opinion IN CONTEXT to the conversation where it was initially said?

WTF are you to insist it means anything to me? Or that it's even my opinion?

You're nothing but a f'n doofus, NR. You've got no depth, no meaning. You can't even put an original sentence together. You're nothing but a broken record repeating the same one-liners over and over and over again life a broken record.

Stop worrying your panties off over some stranger's pregnancy and take care of the people already on this planet.

Start at the mission or the soup kitchen or whatever your town's equivalent of shelters for the homeless is. Doing something meaningful besides playing nasty on an anonymous forum.
<spit>

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304724 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa, you need to begin a program designed to soothing your made-up resentments & quest to be a man. You're current coping strategy KILLS innocent babies in the womb (including baby girls...."It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com ).
Start by wearing a strap-on for 3 hours/day for a week. Let me know how that affects your anxiety level and animus against men & defenseless babies.
TIA.
Translation: "How dare you suggest I carry a pregnancy!! That's wimmins work - and would be putting my money where my mouth is."

You need to begin a program to ingest several spoonfuls of arsenic on a daily basis, mutt.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304725 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
LaLoser: "I don't support any choices at all....It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?"
You do no support life?
Based on your past posts and admitted past action, at least you're consistent.
Do you support tennis?
Never mind..........
Still c curious NR. do you believe Jesus Is your Saviour.
Gtown71

United States

#304727 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Still c curious NR. do you believe Jesus Is your Saviour.
Yes I do.:)

I see how many brag on "their " church, or "their " religion, and I still don't get it?!?!?

Before I met God, I wanted nothing to do with any, but there are churches, and religions galore.
there is either a God or not. Would love to see some of the "holy " rollers brag on "their " God, instead of "their " church, or fadder (father):)

Peace till next time rose.
I may be starting a new job soon, so please pray if it is Gods will I will, if not I won't.

I can't sleep, and must be at the prison at 8 am. Which is 3 hours away. If they're smart, they will lock me up :) lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304729 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but they are not in it to do away with the baby.like PP is,.
If a dying baby is in the womb in a wanted pregnancy ???
I assume they would try to save it.
Do their best and if they cannot..They deliver it ..They do nit purposely try to kill it
That abortion name gets,a,lot if work ..semantics.
You know..PP Knows what any Pro life objection or restriction refers,to..
We do not want mothers unhealthy or dying to save a dead baby.
If it's sick at least try to ease it..if delivered early ..don't cut it up first ..if it's,doomed then hold the poor thing until it passes.
That woman. Sorry her excuse made me thing of the clinic heRd that killed the baby that slipped out ..out it in the garbage breathing .
Or worst case GOSNEL .
THE earlier she has an abortion. GOD forbid..the less cruel .
And when we speak of elective abortion we are talking healthy bUns and moms .
And it's clear that we are with legislation ..
No one is saying mom should die ...
The law is trying to say go early.
And if that baby survives don't kill it
The 20 week ban doesn't speak about a neonate who has survived an abortion, if I recall correctly.

And the woman on the video said nothing about killing one.

An abortion, Rose, is the termination of a pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced, by the removal of the products of conception. That is the definition. So, a miscarriage, a D&C, AND the removal of the tube to end an ectopic pregnancy, are ALL abortions. Using words properly is important, and shouldn't be dismissed as "semantics" as though it's a bad thing.

Once again, since you keep missing it, only 1.3% of women are having abortions after 20 weeks, and we don't KNOW how many are having therapeutic abortions, and how many "just waited".

MOST women DO have their abortions early. Do I need to post the stats again?
Ocean56

AOL

#304730 Jul 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Do you really think you'd hear so much about this if it wasn't for those trying to take that equal right away, or restrict it so much that it can't BE accessed by many of those who may choose to do so?
Exactly, Bitner. If women can't get ACCESS to either contraception or abortion (if they choose it), they don't HAVE much choice, either to prevent pregnancy or terminate it.

The right-wing politicians like Perry in TX obviously don't WANT women to have good access to either contraception or abortion. Which is why they pass legislation that will shut down most, if not all, of the women's clinics in their states. Without access to contraceptive methods that simply PREVENT pregnancy, more women will have only TWO "choices," which are pregnancy or celibacy. Which is what the regressive Republicans have wanted all along.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304731 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and if mom has,a real mental health issue ..Nit just I DECIDED A T 6 months,I don't want a baby ...
But a Tue life altering one .
First can't see how abortion will cure it
Second ...it woukd not magically show up after the 20 week cut off.
I'm saying as always .
Responsibility ...use contraception ...And if you have that CHOICE ..use it very early...
They can't do that ..And again NOT TALKING ABOUT EMERGENCY CONDITION
you can't show responsibility ...follow the guidelines. do it early ..than HAVE THE BABY . Give it for adoption .
You know my first pregnancy was a nightmare in many ways...But it was only 40 weeks,...out of a long life to nit be selfish ..make a sacrifice .
If you are he a light and go 20 weeks ..you can mske it the rest of the way and do right by your child ..Imo
Are we that helpless as women???
I had an extremely stressful, unplanned pregnancy as well. It was stressful emotionally and physically. I continued it. But I'm not arrogant enough to decide what every woman SHOULD do under all possible circumstances, some of which I can not imagine.

An option must be there for all health, not just life.

And rose, it's not a true sacrifice if one is forced to make it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304732 Jul 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "A politician pushing an anti-choice agenda is not a scientist."
______
Oh contraire, bHitler. The individual speaking loudest on behalf of preborn babies & their pain is an admitted prochoicer and prenatal/neonatal pain expert Dr. Suny Anand (Director of the Pain Neurology Laboratory at Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute).
Dr. Anand's interest in the topic grew from his work as a pediatric critical care physician working w/ premature babies. He has testified before Congress as an expert witness re preborn baby pain.
He is not a politician. Where you dropped on your head as a child? You're stupid.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#304733 Jul 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's truly sociopathic is FORCING women to continue pregnancies they never wanted to begin with, and most likely used reliable contraception to try and PREVENT.
And pregnancy IS a punishment, to a woman who never wanted pregnancy or children in the first place.
Pregnancy is not a punishment.
A woman knows she can get pregnant.
Some women are forced by men.
Sex is only for marriage.
The baby has a right to live.

Location hidden

#304734 Jul 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do.:)
I see how many brag on "their " church, or "their " religion, and I still don't get it?!?!?
Before I met God, I wanted nothing to do with any, but there are churches, and religions galore.
there is either a God or not. Would love to see some of the "holy " rollers brag on "their " God, instead of "their " church, or fadder (father):)
Peace till next time rose.
I may be starting a new job soon, so please pray if it is Gods will I will, if not I won't.
I can't sleep, and must be at the prison at 8 am. Which is 3 hours away. If they're smart, they will lock me up :) lol
Good luck G on the new,job..

We all know you are a Christian .

I was trying to find out if NO RELATIVITY is..since he never admits,it .

No Christian I know would not acknowledge Jesus ..

And people here think he is posting as one ...I don't believe He is.

That's why I keep asking ..

Location hidden

#304736 Jul 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I had an extremely stressful, unplanned pregnancy as well. It was stressful emotionally and physically. I continued it. But I'm not arrogant enough to decide what every woman SHOULD do under all possible circumstances, some of which I can not imagine.
An option must be there for all health, not just life.
And rose, it's not a true sacrifice if one is forced to make it.
Maybe I wasn't clear ..on the neonate thing ..It's not in the law.

I was wondering if a baby was born at say 22weeks and you stick it for a blood draw. Does it feel it .

They seem to react even that young to stimuli .this woukd be the closest I can see to presupposes science on feeling no pain ..the science is very convenient in excusing a cruel procedure.
Again NOT including if a child had to be delivered early..in the case of the moms life.

On the other ..I'm really not being arrogant .

I'm saying if a woman wants to abort than do it BEFORE there is any chance that the child be aware it is being violently aborted.

If she can make 23 weeks ..She can give the rest for HER CHILD .

ITS,not like she is making the sacrifice for an alien being implanted in her by little green men

At that point HER CHILD has made its presence known

We want freedom...but where is the responsibility that goes with it.

No BC ..then an abortion after the baby has,Quickened ..your m a th May be correct..But 15000 is still too many to be so cruel to that baby .

Speaking healthy mom..

Location hidden

#304737 Jul 13, 2013
Laverna wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know, LOL!Another poster is from Omaha on the abortion forum....Dan. We have forums for every city in Nebraska by the way. Many do go to the national forums.
Ahh the famous,Dan who is supposed to cone to your defense ..That Dan .

Someone you know then

Location hidden

#304738 Jul 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Bitner. If women can't get ACCESS to either contraception or abortion (if they choose it), they don't HAVE much choice, either to prevent pregnancy or terminate it.
The right-wing politicians like Perry in TX obviously don't WANT women to have good access to either contraception or abortion. Which is why they pass legislation that will shut down most, if not all, of the women's clinics in their states. Without access to contraceptive methods that simply PREVENT pregnancy, more women will have only TWO "choices," which are pregnancy or celibacy. Which is what the regressive Republicans have wanted all along.
Are these,abortion clinics? Just curious as to why or how they can stop contraception .

On what basis are they being closed? Curious .

As you know I am all for contraception .

Choose ...yes to be responsible ...I know it's cheap if you are on any kind of aid ..And even if not ..at the chains..the pills are cheap.

Compared to abortion..

Also what about carrying a condom just in case..

I know contraception fails

But even by your best numbers ..only half supposedly who have abortions used it...still don't believe it..400 thou ..ugh..Is an improvement over 800

As I keep saying

These freedoms were hard won..responsibility shoukd fit in that equation ..BIG TIME.

judging only by the 2 I know..one quite well..multiple abortions ..because they are NOT using the BC they are given .
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304740 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you thick?
And I gave an opinion IN CONTEXT to the conversation where it was initially said?
You're nothing but a f'n doofus, NR. You've got no depth, no meaning. You can't even put an original sentence together. You're nothing but a broken record repeating the same one-liners over and over and over again life a broken record.
Stop worrying your panties off over some stranger's pregnancy and take care of the people already on this planet.
Start at the mission or the soup kitchen or whatever your town's equivalent of shelters for the homeless is. Doing something meaningful besides playing nasty on an anonymous forum.
<spit>
Katie V.: "I gave an opinion IN CONTEXT"

Which part of your "No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone" don't you understand?
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304741 Jul 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not a politician. Where you dropped on your head as a child? You're stupid.
bHitler: "Dr. Suny Anand is not a politician"

Exactly.

Thanks for noticing.

Next..........
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304742 Jul 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you thick?
<spit>
Katie V.: "You can't even put an original sentence together."

I don't need to. Your own words demonstrate far better than I ever could the evil YOU support, condone & represent.

And.

That irks you.(read your above post, for example)

_________

Katie V.: "You're nothing but a broken record repeating the same one-liners over and over and over again like a broken record."

Like repeating "broken record" in the same sentence? That kind of broken record?

The "one-liners" I repeat are direct quotes from you. So......

Location hidden

#304747 Jul 13, 2013
Christ hear us wrote:
<quoted text>Contraception IS the gateway to abortion. And the pill IS an abortifaciant.
The pill stops ovulation ..No egg ..No baby knit .

If the pill is nit effective and the woman OVULATES..as in some pills used while nursing ..just the one hormone .

Voila. Baby .

Since the pill makes the body not ovulate ..think it is already pregnant ..it IS NOT ABIRTIFACIENT

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304748 Jul 13, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not bright enough to do so. We're talking about the same person who responded to "Persnickety" as "Husker" to give herself a pat on the back thinking that no one would notice she was talking to herself, lol.
"She's not bright enough to do so."

Excellent point.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304749 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea but using Christ's name tonite I see .
Sent you a PM..:)
Thank you...I just read it and responded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,223,576
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 39 min Chosen Traveler 29,712
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 238,324
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web