Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Petes Just plain dumb

United States

#304692 Jul 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I was replying to this:" Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. " THE procedure--not the variety of procedures.
Twit.
<quoted text>
I know what you were replying to. It doesn't change a thing. Your response - " Most abortions aren't surgical" remains idiotic since he never claimed otherwise.

Super twit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304693 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
GUTS. LOL pun intended???
Absolutely.
Katie Should Read

United States

#304694 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...?? Who are you and what's your point?
This was an inconsequential post and I've no idea what you're getting at. I made a guess that the op was an extremist because they failed to see their own hypocrisy. Why you've taken umbrage to it is beyond me. Unless you're closer to the op than you've let on, that is. In any case, it is still an inconsequential post with zero importance. All your name calling will not change my opinion.
Your MO is so transparent. You respond to each one of my posts until the one that exposes you for what you are. Then you conveniently develop a memory then call the post "inconsequential".
You never called the poster an extremist. That's a lie. You called him a Christian, then a faux Christian. You called him a Christian based on a post of his in which he ATTACKED Christians. Amazing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304695 Jul 12, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
That other poster isn't Knit. While she uses different names, and it seems she's managed to get "Persnickety" banned, she's never used a proxy. She posts from Nebraska and if she's using a mobile device, sometimes it comes up with a NY(or NJ as I can't remember) location.
How can you be sure she's never used a proxy?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304696 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "And there is no such thing as a 'baby woman'."
As early as 5-7 weeks gestation, mom can find out from home "It's A Girl!"
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
And at seven weeks gestation it's considered a woman? I don't think so. It may be female, but it is not a woman.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304698 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
"I woukd agree that health is important but what health ..excuses have been used about mental heath..No reason to abort ."

I submit that if it was YOUR mental health, you wouldn't find it to be trivial.

"If a w Oman WANTS a baby she will do anything short of killing herself to give baby a chance ..along with herself of course."

She may choose to sacrifice her own life. At least the choice is hers. She also may not, even for a very much wanted pregnancy. That choice should also be hers.

"She shoukd get the best care possible ..purposely killing her child ..nope don t see it as for her health ...
Pre eclampsia ..eclampsia,..lot of things can go wrong ..She should be treated if course ."

Are you qualified to say her health wouldn't be permanently damaged? And who do you think should make such an determination, a medical professional on a case by case basis, or a politician ahead of time for every woman?

"Ectopic pregnancy ..remove the tube or fetus."

Rose, that's an abortion.

"Dead baby remove it ...."

What about dying? Should a woman with a wanted pregnancy have to WAIT for the actual death?

"All things CAN be done to take care of a mom ..th e y are not done at an abortion clinic."

Rose most states have laws signifying that abortions be done in a hospital after a certain point, ranging from 12 weeks to viability.

"And that w Oman was so evasive ..up t o mom if the baby s Gould be saved once it's breathing???????no"

Are you unaware that the same thing holds true for a live birth? The doctor must diagnose and recommend treatment for a newborn, but the next of kin (the woman)must give permission, or there IS no treatment. All that woman said is that what happens after there is a newborn is up to the woman and the doctor to decide.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304699 Jul 12, 2013
Katie Should Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Your MO is so transparent. You respond to each one of my posts until the one that exposes you for what you are. Then you conveniently develop a memory then call the post "inconsequential".
You never called the poster an extremist. That's a lie. You called him a Christian, then a faux Christian. You called him a Christian based on a post of his in which he ATTACKED Christians. Amazing.
Um, have you taken up reading minds now? Do you need me to write out I think the faux-Christians (Xtians) are extremists so you stop calling me a liar, pretty please with sugar on top?

When you have the guts to post under the SN people here are familiar with, I might give a sh*t. But that's a big maybe.
<spit>

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#304700 Jul 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not bright enough to do so. We're talking about the same person who responded to "Persnickety" as "Husker" to give herself a pat on the back thinking that no one would notice she was talking to herself, lol.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304702 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I woukd agree that health is important but what health ..excuses have been used about mental heath..No reason to abort ."
"If a w Oman WANTS a baby she will do anything short of killing herself to give baby a chance ..along with herself of course."
She may choose to sacrifice her own life. At least the choice is hers. She also may not, even for a very much wanted pregnancy. That choice should also be hers.
"She shoukd get the best care possible ..purposely killing her child ..nope don t see it as for her health ...
Pre eclampsia ..eclampsia,..lot of things can go wrong ..She should be treated if course ."
Are you qualified to say her health wouldn't be permanently damaged? And who do you think should make such an determination, a medical professional on a case by case basis, or a politician ahead of time for every woman?
What about dying? Should a woman with a wanted pregnancy have to WAIT for the actual death?
"All things CAN be done to take care of a mom ..th e y are not done at an abortion clinic."
Rose most states have laws signifying that abortions be done in a hospital after a certain point, ranging from 12 weeks to viability.
"And that w Oman was so evasive ..up t o mom if the baby s Gould be saved once it's breathing???????no"
Are you unaware that the same thing holds true for a live birth? The doctor must diagnose and recommend treatment for a newborn, but the next of kin (the woman)must give permission, or there IS no treatment. All that woman said is that what happens after there is a newborn is up to the woman and the doctor to decide.
Yes but they are not in it to do away with the baby.like PP is,.

If a dying baby is in the womb in a wanted pregnancy ???

I assume they would try to save it.

Do their best and if they cannot..They deliver it ..They do nit purposely try to kill it

That abortion name gets,a,lot if work ..semantics.

You know..PP Knows what any Pro life objection or restriction refers,to..

We do not want mothers unhealthy or dying to save a dead baby.

If it's sick at least try to ease it..if delivered early ..don't cut it up first ..if it's,doomed then hold the poor thing until it passes.

That woman. Sorry her excuse made me thing of the clinic heRd that killed the baby that slipped out ..out it in the garbage breathing .

Or worst case GOSNEL .

THE earlier she has an abortion. GOD forbid..the less cruel .

And when we speak of elective abortion we are talking healthy bUns and moms .

And it's clear that we are with legislation ..

No one is saying mom should die ...

The law is trying to say go early.

And if that baby survives don't kill it

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#304703 Jul 12, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Okay so I *didn't * misrepresent you like you accused me of.
You sre prochoice. You "want women and girls to choose what is best for their circumstances" and ONE of those choices is abortion.
What is with some of you so afraid to admit "I support abortion as choice".
Geez
What part of "I don't support any choices at all" escapes you?

It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?

Just like I don't "support" any religion at all. It's none of my business what faith people choose to follow or not follow. I want them to choose what suits them. They neither need nor want input from me.

I can't make it any clearer or simpler.

Location hidden

#304704 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No idea but using Christ's name tonite I see .

Sent you a PM..:)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#304705 Jul 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Our friend hasn't got the guts.
It hasn't got the plumbing, either.

Of *any* variety.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#304706 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
And at seven weeks gestation it's considered a woman? I don't think so. It may be female, but it is not a woman.
It strikes up a convo with used tampons on the off-chance it'll end up with a date for the night.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304707 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It strikes up a convo with used tampons on the off-chance it'll end up with a date for the night.
Ewww, La. Some eat while reading...

Location hidden

#304708 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and if mom has,a real mental health issue ..Nit just I DECIDED A T 6 months,I don't want a baby ...

But a Tue life altering one .

First can't see how abortion will cure it

Second ...it woukd not magically show up after the 20 week cut off.

I'm saying as always .

Responsibility ...use contraception ...And if you have that CHOICE ..use it very early...

They can't do that ..And again NOT TALKING ABOUT EMERGENCY CONDITION

you can't show responsibility ...follow the guidelines. do it early ..than HAVE THE BABY . Give it for adoption .

You know my first pregnancy was a nightmare in many ways...But it was only 40 weeks,...out of a long life to nit be selfish ..make a sacrifice .

If you are he a light and go 20 weeks ..you can mske it the rest of the way and do right by your child ..Imo

Are we that helpless as women???
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304710 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?
Just like I don't "support" any religion at all. It's none of my business what faith people choose to follow or not follow. I want them to choose what suits them. They neither need nor want input from me.
LaLoser: "I don't support any choices at all....It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?"

You do no support life?

Based on your past posts and admitted past action, at least you're consistent.

Do you support tennis?

Never mind..........
Katie Does Not Read

United States

#304711 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, have you taken up reading minds now? Do you need me to write out I think the faux-Christians (Xtians) are extremists so you stop calling me a liar, pretty please with sugar on top?

When you have the guts to post under the SN people here are familiar with, I might give a sh*t. But that's a big maybe.
<spit>
Have I taken up mind reading??? What are you talking about ??? If I was a mind reader I'd have assumed you meant extremist when in fact you never said any such thing. Instead I took you at your word. You called him a faux Christian. And a faux Christian is not always an extremist, just as an extremist is not always a Christian.
So yeah, you absolutely DO have to write out extremist if that's what you mean. Liar.

First you claim a memory lapse, then you call the post inconsequential. NOW you use the "use your own SN" excuse. What's next ? Bigot.

Location hidden

#304712 Jul 12, 2013
Christ Have Mercy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe , just maybe you aren't bright enough to know that there's more than one person from Nebraska posting on Topix forums and Husker is a popular name to use. Just google Husker and you will find out.
But I doubt on this forum ..
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304713 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lala: "What part of "I don't support any choices at all" escapes you? It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?
_________

You expressed overzealous support for abortion in your below post:

"Heck, the way I see it, if anything abortion increases the value of the living." - Lala
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Which is it?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304715 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
LaLoon:'A mother choosing to kill her baby in her womb is equivalent to her choosing which religion to follow.'

You truly are a freak show. I'm sure you siblings would agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,642,915
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 34,838
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 18 hr Poor performance 11,802
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web