Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304668 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what I said. And there is no such thing as a "baby woman". But, don't let the facts stop your little hissy fit, Drama Queen.
bHitler: "And there is no such thing as a 'baby woman'."

As early as 5-7 weeks gestation, mom can find out from home "It's A Girl!"

www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304669 Jul 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of someone who is full of feces for Jesus.
For what it's worth..N R will not even say he believes in Jesus
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304670 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's true it's a hot button..one side wants restrictions at the very least..Nit to be confused with SAVING a life in an emergency."
We already had restrictions. That's part of what RvW did. Restrictions are also not to be confused with making it nearly impossible for a woman to have access with laws that have no other purpose.
"But at least a boundary at possible viability and pain"
We already had a boundary for viability, with RvW. All the science says that pain perception is not possible until very late in the pregnancy. It is sound science, based upon the facts known regarding human anatomy and physiology. It is a fact that sensation is not possible until the nerves are properly connected to the proper area of the upper brain, and it is developed enough to interpret that stimulus. That does not happen until much later than 20 weeks.
"The other side ..some are arguing about live babies who survive..do we kill them if the mom wishes??"
I have not seen anyone but one or two extremists argue this. And NO ONE has proposed such a law.
"Cannot believe it has come so far."
It hasn't.
"It is bad enough taking a really early term life But insisting on elective abortions..meaning healthy mom and baby...past 20 weeks I'd just plain cruel imo"
Rose 98.7% of all abortions occur AT 21 weeks and BEFORE.
"You either prevent pregnancy and many don't even try.."
And that is simply something you cannot legislate. Making abortions illegal (or even attempting to legislate the clinics out of business) for those who do try, just because many don't, is not the solution.
"Or if you are getting an abortion..which I detest at any stage..But if you get it do it early..don't rip that child apart or whatever they do now for late terms ."
Again, 98.7% of all abortions occur at 21 weeks or BEFORE.
"I mean we are saying. We are proud intelligent women making a choice..then make it already ..don't torture a child whose legs you felt kicking inside you...
Imo"
98.7%. Even though the choice remains open to women up to whatever week gestation their state allows (anywhere between 20 and 24), MOST still choose to have the abortion early. In fact, 61.8% are done before 9 weeks, 17.1% at 9-10 weeks, an 9.1% at 11-12 weeks. That's a total of 88% done in the first trimester.
As an aside, did you know that in Canada, where there are no restrictions on abortion at all, their rates are far lower than ours here in the US? During the latest record year, 2010, there were under 65,000 abortions reported performed in Canada. For the latest record year in the US, 2009, there were over 784,000 reported. What do you think they do differently there?
bHitler; "Rose 98.7% of all abortions occur AT 21 weeks and BEFORE."

98% of babies aborted occur because of convenience.

bHitler: "Making abortions illegal is not the solution.

1 million more dead babies per year after Roe v. Wade. Yes, making abortion illegal is the answer.
_________

bHitler: "Pain sensation does not happen until much later than 20 weeks."

Many states disagree with you. Hint: Fetal Pain laws.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304671 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth..N R will not even say he believes in Jesus
I asked you to respond to horrific comments made by your proabort buds Foo & Katie (I even included the quotes w/ links several times). You refused to respond, and continued blathering on about Foo's kidney stone.

Therefore, I don't feel the need to respond to your requests.

See how that works?

Location hidden

#304673 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"That is very good question ..May be their society is better on birth control ."
And maybe healthcare and sex ed?
"Take away any restriction ..you get Gosnel"
That's where you're wrong. Too many restrictions, and the state being too lazy to make sure the laws there are are being followed bring out the Gosnell's
"I knew I had seen thus on the TV NEWS
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-pla... ;
Did you watch it, or did you just read the headline? Because that is not what was said.
"AGSIN why wait."
Again, 98.7% don't. Of those who do, it's hard to say how many of those develop a problem, and how many are elective, because no one is keeping track.
"Science ??
They honestly KNOW SO T H 209 percent certainty that babies in the womb feel no pain ..feel NITHING as they are violently killed .."
I'm sorry, but you're wrong.
"They move and react to moms movements..on some level they are at least aware."
No, they are not. What you are talking about are reflexive movements.
"do you are saying some 30 thousand are done late term here ..."
Who says this? Because that is incorrect. Since only 1.3% are done late term in the US, that equals 15,600.
"Are we that callous ..and twice that entirely in Canada .
What is wrong with US that we have so many."
Again, only 1.3% are done late term in the US.
"Sorry Bitner I cannot get past the numbers we do ..eith all our technology ..."
Your numbers are incorrect.
"I will never get it at all.
And waiting ...?????"
Only 1.3% are done late term. And we don't know how many of those are elective, and how many are therapeutic.
"Think of the baby moving in the mother ..She can feel it..how can she kill it .
Will never understand"
I understand that. But you are acting as though they ALL wait to have a late term abortion. Out of 1.2 million, there are only 15,600 done late term. Again, we don't know how many are simply "waiting", and how many are for medical need.
Ok sorry on the numbers..Still that's,a lot .

In a case where moms life is at stake for repurposed of law that does not apply ..as the woman is not going fir an abortion But to save h e r life..They might LOSE the baby in the process..But it's nit the same as purposely killing it

On that woman. dear heavens ..She could nit even say t Oscar the baby ..I have never seen such dancing around.

ONCE THAT BABY IS BORN it is NOT the mom who can say kill it ..not the doc ..And PP obviously objects to legislation to save it .

She's nit a health care provider but they sent her to argue the point ..

Sorry but I wanted to pull an answer out of her mouth ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304674 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "And there is no such thing as a 'baby woman'."
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
Women are adults, Moron. Not babies, and not fetuses.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304675 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler; "Rose 98.7% of all abortions occur AT 21 weeks and BEFORE."
98% of babies aborted occur because of convenience.
bHitler: "Pain sensation does not happen until much later than 20 weeks."
Many states disagree with you. Hint: Fetal Pain laws.
A politician pushing an anti-choice agenda is not a scientist. These are some of the same people, after all, who think that a woman's body "shuts down" fertilization if she is "legitimately" raped, and that the rape kit from an ER is the same thing as an abortion. They're clueless.

Location hidden

#304677 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The worries you have over the abortion procedure is already covered by Roe v Wade. So why shouldn't it have become law?
Why would you want to overturn something that covers the concerns you have over the abortion procedure? A major focus would be prevention, of course. That, too, is facing opposition, though.
No Katie they are not as I was expressing m y worries on late term abortions .

I would see none on any healthy mom and baby ..had it been my vote .

No Roe. Just family planning

And I have said this often

But I acknowledge TH a t we are NOW a society of abortion as choice

Too late to turn back the clock .

So since that is the case ...Imo ..if a woman is going to abort ..She should do it as soon as she can..

One it's an easier procedure for her

And sadly if the baby must die...And even that breaks my heart to say...then at least it shoukd be as non violent as such a thing can be.

And until a,twenty week baby can tell us if he has pain...

Abortion causes pain vex a use it kills
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304678 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are adults, Moron. Not babies, and not fetuses.

www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

Location hidden

#304679 Jul 12, 2013
....because it kills.

On a very tiny preemie ..do they feel if you stick them
To draw blood ..I wonder

How much worse if you are killing them
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304680 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Madam opposes abortion because she has empathy for the little human beings being slaughtered by the millions.
We understand, Katie, that people like you have an abnormal condition in which you aren't able to possess empathy for the weakest of the weak. You lack a working conscience and life is all about you, you, you.....even to the point of executing baby humans.
I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy. More of my focus is on the pregnant woman than on the embryo/fetus growing inside her. She is known. Her embryo/fetus is unknowing and unknown. I don't expect you to agree with this, but any grown person should have a basic understanding of it, imo

For some strange reason you are incapable of understanding this and ascribe all manner of strangeness which you try to project.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304681 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok sorry on the numbers..Still that's,a lot .
In a case where moms life is at stake for repurposed of law that does not apply ..as the woman is not going fir an abortion But to save h e r life..They might LOSE the baby in the process..But it's nit the same as purposely killing it
On that woman. dear heavens ..She could nit even say t Oscar the baby ..I have never seen such dancing around.
ONCE THAT BABY IS BORN it is NOT the mom who can say kill it ..not the doc ..And PP obviously objects to legislation to save it .
She's nit a health care provider but they sent her to argue the point ..
Sorry but I wanted to pull an answer out of her mouth ..
All that woman said is that what happens next would be up to the woman and her doctor. She didn't say anything about "killing" it.

My point with the numbers is that you don't KNOW how many of them are for which reason.

A woman's health should be a legal reason for an abortion as well, don't you think? Not just her life, but her health.

Location hidden

#304683 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
All that woman said is that what happens next would be up to the woman and her doctor. She didn't say anything about "killing" it.
My point with the numbers is that you don't KNOW how many of them are for which reason.
A woman's health should be a legal reason for an abortion as well, don't you think? Not just her life, but her health.
I woukd agree that health is important but what health ..excuses have been used about mental heath..No reason to abort .
If a w Oman WANTS a baby she will do anything short of killing herself to give baby a chance ..along with herself of course.
She shoukd get the best care possible ..purposely killing her child ..nope don t see it as for her health ...
Pre eclampsia ..eclampsia,..lot of things can go wrong ..She should be treated if course .
Ectopic pregnancy ..remove the tube or fetus.
Dead baby remove it ....
All things CAN be done to take care of a mom ..th e y are not done at an abortion clinic.
And that w Oman was so evasive ..up t o mom if the baby s Gould be saved once it's breathing???????no

Location hidden

#304684 Jul 12, 2013
She even gave an excuse for not. transportung the

Child which might make sense if she had said their

Doctors woukd definitely save the baby .

They won't transport because someone at an ER might see the poor thing .

She was a horrid witness...And yes left it up to mom and doc as to whether to even try to save it .

Duh ..a doc is supposed to save lives...
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304686 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
No Katie they are not as I was expressing m y worries on late term abortions .
I would see none on any healthy mom and baby ..had it been my vote .
No Roe. Just family planning
And I have said this often
But I acknowledge TH a t we are NOW a society of abortion as choice
Too late to turn back the clock .
So since that is the case ...Imo ..if a woman is going to abort ..She should do it as soon as she can..
One it's an easier procedure for her
And sadly if the baby must die...And even that breaks my heart to say...then at least it shoukd be as non violent as such a thing can be.
And until a,twenty week baby can tell us if he has pain...
Abortion causes pain vex a use it kills
Roe v Wade covers the worries you have. Bitner pointed it out earlier. Grumpy alluded to it. I mentioned something.

Seriously, Roe v Wade covers the concerns you have expressed. Roe v Wade protects all pregnant women, not just women who want to terminate unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies.

Have you ever read Roe v Wade and all it covers?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304687 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "NR's so desperate to control the outcome of a pregnancy"
There isn't a baby you wouldn't dismember & brutally kill on your perverse imaginary quest to become more like a man.
I'm quite aware that you're far too cowardly to consider undergoing your own pregnancy. If you ever were to become pregnant, you'd run screaming to the nearest 'abortuary' to have it removed from you as quickly as humanly possible.

Location hidden

#304688 Jul 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm quite aware that you're far too cowardly to consider undergoing your own pregnancy. If you ever were to become pregnant, you'd run screaming to the nearest 'abortuary' to have it removed from you as quickly as humanly possible.
Here you go
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304689 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Our friend hasn't got the guts.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304690 Jul 12, 2013
I don't care how you go, just pick one, and soon.

See, I support choice...
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural death vr. intentional killing.

Location hidden

#304691 Jul 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Our friend hasn't got the guts.
GUTS. LOL pun intended???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TrumpsBuffoons 1,620,809
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 34,461
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web