Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309895 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304629 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup ..what a waste..burning good clothing .Lol
But as I say the abortion movement has eclipsed everything else. To the point most people cannot talk without agitation ..Or in some cases,screaming protests
And politicians on both sides ..use this ..instead of trying to make a better country.
Where has the outrage over the debt gone...it is humongous compared to what Bush had ...
And our grand kids will pay dearly .
Oh well No one listens to people my age ..But I still vite..useless as it is in my county.
If no Roe...We would have stayed focused ..had mire responsibility fir
Ourselves using either smarter sex ..No sex without a life partner...OR
CONTRACEPTION. or call three.
Life has become expendable. Because life in the womb is...And we did NOT Used to feel that way.
I know we cannot undo it sadly ..But I wish we had s rated focused on
Family planning ..not killing preview babies...
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.

And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.

Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.

Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#304630 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Reproductive rights are part of the fight for equality, not it's "banner". You just hear about it more, because it's controversial.
As for the 60s, the methods may have been different between groups (the shock value of bra burning, for example), but the goal was the same...equality.
As my grandmother used to say, if we were all the same, they'd only make green paint.
For what it's worth, and I may be wrong, perhaps the big difference between the feminist fight for rights in the 60's and today is that back then, reproductive issues were not at the forefront simply because it was felt that those were "womens issues" and the government was not going buck wild like they are today over it. In the last few years, there have been so many attempted bills at regulating abortion, because they know they can't outright ban it, and some politicians are trying to include contraception as well, which is why we see more women stepping up to defend those issues today as opposed to the 60's.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304631 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.
And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.
Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.
Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.
But Bitner.

Equality at the expense of 50 million newborn lives ???

What are we.

The other things,you cited are a horrid legacy.

But supposedly ..well we used to say..if women ran things THERE EOUKD BE NO KILLING. WARS. ETC

WHAT have we women become!!! AT A WHAT PRICE to our own offspring ..

When with using responsible tools that number coukd have been so much lower.

We are no better than the warring men we used to put down.

Death for different goals ..

And so unnecessary

It's sad

Not what I thought we women should fight for.

Imo

Location hidden

#304632 Jul 12, 2013
CORRECTION

50 million PRE born lives

Location hidden

#304633 Jul 12, 2013
Oops sorry too many

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304634 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bitner.
Equality at the expense of 50 million newborn lives ???
What are we.
The other things,you cited are a horrid legacy.
But supposedly ..well we used to say..if women ran things THERE EOUKD BE NO KILLING. WARS. ETC
WHAT have we women become!!! AT A WHAT PRICE to our own offspring ..
When with using responsible tools that number coukd have been so much lower.
We are no better than the warring men we used to put down.
Death for different goals ..
And so unnecessary
It's sad
Not what I thought we women should fight for.
Imo
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.

If you wanted to believe women were superior, that's on you.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304635 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
CORRECTION
50 million PRE born lives
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.

I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.

Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304636 Jul 12, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and I may be wrong, perhaps the big difference between the feminist fight for rights in the 60's and today is that back then, reproductive issues were not at the forefront simply because it was felt that those were "womens issues" and the government was not going buck wild like they are today over it. In the last few years, there have been so many attempted bills at regulating abortion, because they know they can't outright ban it, and some politicians are trying to include contraception as well, which is why we see more women stepping up to defend those issues today as opposed to the 60's.
Michelle is a diehard proabort.

Lapsed Catholic.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304637 Jul 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.
I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.
Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
Natural death vr. intentional killing.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304639 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.
bHitler: "RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions."

2,000 baby females being executed in U.S. abortuaries TODAY.

Feminist my azz.

Women weren't created to take the lives of their children, but to give life. You're becoming less like yourselves when KILLING your babies.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304640 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there"
______

200,000 illegal abortions/yr prior to RvW. 1,200,000 leagl abortions/yr AFTER RvW.

1 million more dead babies/yr because of RvW.

Moron.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304641 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural death vr. intentional killing.
Starvation is natural death?!!!

You're dumber than I thought.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304642 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once in your nonsensical gobbledygook did you mention the littl humans in the womb. Not once. You yourself clearly said that DNA results indicate "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

You go as far as to compare an innocent, defenseless preborn baby to a soldier in war. You are a baby terrorist who is calling for Jihad against preborn babies.

While you're yapping about "feminism" 2,000 baby females are being slaughtered today in U.S. abortuaries. With YOUR support & encouragment.

"Feminist" my azz.........
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304643 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler:'Life has always been expendable, Rose. Lok at slavery & war. Therefore, it's okay to kill babies in the womb.'

WTH?

^^^ Musings from a sociopath ^^^
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304644 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
According to bHitler, women will not have equality until:

Equal pay
Equal access to education
Legal right to kill their babies in their womb...including baby women.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304645 Jul 12, 2013
More melodrama, irrelevancies and lies from No Relevance. And, no one is surprised. Imagine that.

Location hidden

#304646 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I Never thought we were superior..just less willing to take lives,for the ""good"" " of whatever .

I was wrong..We are now equal to men in lives taken ..PPreborn or not

:(

And it makes me sad. That we could not stick to family planning by contraception to reach our goals ..

And yes the disappointment is definitely mine ..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304647 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I Never thought we were superior..just less willing to take lives,for the ""good"" " of whatever .
I was wrong..We are now equal to men in lives taken ..PPreborn or not
:(
And it makes me sad. That we could not stick to family planning by contraception to reach our goals ..
And yes the disappointment is definitely mine ..
Many more do stick to family planning than don't. Most women still choose to continue even unplanned pregnancies than don't.

Still, the option must be there, or we don't have the equal right of men to make our own medical decisions.

Do you really think you'd hear so much about this if it wasn't for those trying to take that equal right away, or restrict it so much that it can't BE accessed by many of those who may choose to do so?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304648 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal pay
Not what I said. And there is no such thing as a "baby woman". But, don't let the facts stop your little hissy fit, Drama Queen.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#304649 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
More melodrama, irrelevancies and lies from No Relevance. And, no one is surprised. Imagine that.

Equal pay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,233,709
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min OzRitz 5,607
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Thinking 239,257
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr tom wingo 29,767
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 25 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 May 24 Jeff 1
More from around the web