Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,274)

Showing posts 285,461 - 285,480 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway if you are carrying your offspring you are mom
You are responsible for the human life in your womb
Normally you nurture it ..sometimes you end its life ..
Your responsible ..No one else
CARE OR KILL..your a mom.
(Not meaning you As in Katie)
So what makes an expectant father a Dad if he's not carrying said fetus?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Most abortions aren't surgical, twit.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Because their a liberal, and liberals think in nuances. Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. But folks like you and I have not apparently "developed" our thinking to the point of a liberal, where an apple can be an orange or a mango because they say so.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "AJ responded to that initial post, NR responded to her. AJ responded to NR."
Who's on first?
You and that op, Forum, both claimed pregnant women were mothers. Even if they hadn't yet experienced a live birth.

Why is it you have such a difficult time understanding your own points? There is no difference in the meanings of the words Mother and Mom.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the feeling. My son turned 19 today and it seemed like only yesterday that he was born. How time flies!:o)
Yeah, my youngest will be 20 at the end of the year. We were going through older home movies on VHS the other day, in preparation for converting them to DVD, and I was thinking it doesn't seem that long ago that the kids were that young :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Do you use make-up to cover that hanger mark in your forehead?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "When they put my grandson on his feet, he ran right over!"
________
I'm glad your grandson's legs weren't ripped off by a pair of abortionist's forceps.
If he had been brutally executed in utero, you would've supported that decision.
"Thanks, Grandma!"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot-on. There's no right or wrong in these situations. It's sensitive, personal beliefs and what works for one, wouldn't for another.
Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Rose! I think you harbor the assumption that all women would instinctively react/act the way you did/do.
Here's a link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Not_Sorry....
There's also a help place for women that regret aborting -
http://www.afterabortion.com/
I'm guessing that the majority of women fall somewhere between the two extremes.
I have heard about that first one ...And read from others who are sorry.

But AJ in either case,..They were mothers..They made decisions that obviously affected the life of their child.

Only they know if indeed it does,not bother them..maybe the posting helps ..that's good

My dear friend who has,had three..Will not even mention the word.

Has many emotional problems and gets,counselling for other things.

Do I think she shoukd deal with it one way or the other..absolutely .

But I cannot and will not push her. Won't go further but I am there to listen if she needs it .

Anyway.. miscarriage..abortion..birth ...They all effect us as women

All have one thing in common ..mother. at least for a while .
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You and that op, Forum, both claimed pregnant women were mothers. Even if they hadn't yet experienced a live birth.
Why is it you have such a difficult time understanding your own points? There is no difference in the meanings of the words Mother and Mom.
The state of being pregnant means that your biological child/new life has been conceived. If you were to be a surrogate "mother" then you are geststing another womans biological child.

You are a biological mother if you conceive gour child. If that child is given up for adoption, then another woman will"mother" that child (like in Roses case). She has been blessed to have been reunited with her biological son and now enjoys her grandchildren.

Are you suggesting that Rose was not a mother while pregnant with her adoptive son? Because her son had a mother who raised him, was she not still his mother?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "When they put my grandson on his feet, he ran right over!"
________
I'm glad your grandson's legs weren't ripped off by a pair of abortionist's forceps.
If he had been brutally executed in utero, you would've supported that decision.
"Thanks, Grandma!"
LOL, what melodrama, Mr. OCD.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life, and it is not. If a woman does not want to be a mother, she doesn't have to remain celibate her whole life to avoid it. Nor does she have to become a mother if she becomes pregnant. It's her choice - not yours.
Frustrates the living hell out of you, that your idea of responsibility isn't forced on women, any more than it is on men.
Too frikken bad, fella.
Playa: "You seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life"
______

Once a unique & distinct human being is created in mom's womb, her baby IS.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice .
There is a book ..also a DVD called TILLY..
ITS,sad but happy too .
I cried but smiled
Is this what you're recommending?

http://www.christianbook.com/tilly-frank-pere...
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
I think you people are confusing the word "mother" for "mothering". There are biological mothers and mothers who raise a child as their one. Location of that mothers child is irrelevent(in or out of the womb or / whether she raises thst child or another does).
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision.
SB: "Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision."

_________

The discussion was about how to address a mother who experienced a miscarriage. The gov't is not involved w/ that.

Now, the gov't should be involved in protecting the most vulnerable and innocent - those in the womb.

Thanks for stopping by.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
No one ..

I can only speak for me on adoption and raising one

On my son I felt I did what was,best as his mom. Thank God I know him now,..

On my daughter she is the one constant in my life...my baby

Always,will be to her great chagrin .Lol

Just found out something..makes me even prouder than I already was...And through God's grace ...I know it was,He not me who made her the wonderful woman she is..She lost 2 babies..And I'm sure thinks on it but nit dwell..has been so blessed with the boys

Son and Dry In Law had like 10 miscarriages..finally the baby she had..
I'm sure she dies not dwell

But for the brief time they had those babies in the womb..They were mothers.

Maybe after..maybe in the hereafter they will be reunited..I know every child knit in the womb has,a soul and eternal life..So we shall see what Gids plan is for them..:)
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Because their a liberal, and liberals think in nuances. Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. But folks like you and I have not apparently "developed" our thinking to the point of a liberal, where an apple can be an orange or a mango because they say so.
Exactly my point when I posted about one-dimensional thinking among anti-choicers. You can't handle nuances.
Of course, life is more simple that way.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Part of the problem with miscarriages being devastating to some women is that they consider them children in the womb. My mom had 8 kids and 2 miscarriages. The miscarriages were disappointing but nowhere near tragic. Tragedy was losing the born daughter a month after birth.
It may be generational; more miscarriages used to occur in the past than do now. I think most women understood that the pregnancy wasn't a guarantee of having a baby, and proceeded accordingly. Of course, parents didn't treat kids like the center of the universe, either.
<quoted text>
Yes, Cptr, agree. In my experience losing a child over losing a fetus involves two very different grieving processes. One is centered around a real person who is forever lost to this world, the other is more centered around self; hopes and dreams of a potential that was not realized.

It is not worth arguing or one-upping, imo, because it is very personal and individual.

Which brings it full circle to women deciding to gestate or terminate their unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies.

But to make a blanket statement applicable to all pregnant women and then try to remove civil rights because one experienced a miscarriage is just not a healthy coping strategy. jmo of course.

(think I've offered condolences prior and hope you remember)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! Based on what some believe, if you are pregnant you are a mother. Unless you have an existing child or children, that is simply not the case.
I have been known to congratulate new parents and I do call them "Mom" and "Dad". Is that really unusual? What I have never done is addressed a pregnant woman as "Mom". That was the point which I failed to make.
Yep, think I got the gist of what you were saying, AJ.

:)
Pete Not Bright

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Most abortions aren't surgical, twit.
<quoted text>
No where did I see him say they were. Just that the two are different. and they are, twit.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
SB: "Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision."
_________
The discussion was about how to address a mother who experienced a miscarriage. The gov't is not involved w/ that.
Now, the gov't should be involved in protecting the most vulnerable and innocent - those in the womb.
Thanks for stopping by.
I have not had time to read the entire thread. At what point do you define life? Do you use a scientific method or a religious one?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Anyone else ever see this

We are not alone
http://www.l4l.org/library/fain.html

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 285,461 - 285,480 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••