Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311003 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#304468 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
SB: "Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision."
_________
The discussion was about how to address a mother who experienced a miscarriage. The gov't is not involved w/ that.
Now, the gov't should be involved in protecting the most vulnerable and innocent - those in the womb.
Thanks for stopping by.
I have not had time to read the entire thread. At what point do you define life? Do you use a scientific method or a religious one?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304470 Jul 11, 2013
Anyone else ever see this

We are not alone
http://www.l4l.org/library/fain.html
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304471 Jul 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life, and it is not. If a woman does not want to be a mother, she doesn't have to remain celibate her whole life to avoid it. Nor does she have to become a mother if she becomes pregnant. It's her choice - not yours.
Frustrates the living hell out of you, that your idea of responsibility isn't forced on women, any more than it is on men.
Too frikken bad, fella.
NR explained natural death vs intentional n killling. What does THAT have to do with ^^^ this response?.

If a woman doesnt want to be a mother then she doesn't create one the. Very simple really.

If she IS pregnant, then she created a new life...that of her biological child...and that child is growing, developing and maturing in her womb.

You want to justify killing. Women who abort or kill their newborns or older children ALL decided that killing was justifiable because they didn't want their child.Men rape and kill women who THEY think shouldn't be respected or allowed live. Ya know ...the list goes on.....

I read where a family starved their DS daughter because they felt that she was better off mercy killed.

*sigh*
Katie Should Read

New York, NY

#304472 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to link it up honey bunny.
You darn lost me. And this control freak won't respond to anything if I don't know what it is.
:\
Post #302755 :

"Dont you. People think this topic has went on long enough? I mean wtf??????
Some of you have lived here for years and years. Baby killers queers and christians. What a screwed up bunch."

And this is the poster you said was a Christian and did not attack Christians.

Learn to read, bigot.

Read
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304473 Jul 11, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
That's the issue, imo, Michelle. You summed it up in a nutshell :)
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304474 Jul 11, 2013
Katie Should Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #302755 :
"Dont you. People think this topic has went on long enough? I mean wtf??????
Some of you have lived here for years and years. Baby killers queers and christians. What a screwed up bunch."
And this is the poster you said was a Christian and did not attack Christians.
Learn to read, bigot.
Read
Okay...?? Who are you and what's your point?

This was an inconsequential post and I've no idea what you're getting at. I made a guess that the op was an extremist because they failed to see their own hypocrisy. Why you've taken umbrage to it is beyond me. Unless you're closer to the op than you've let on, that is. In any case, it is still an inconsequential post with zero importance. All your name calling will not change my opinion.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304475 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Madam: "You assume that a woman who's had an abortion cannot mourn"
------
That's exactly the opposite of what I believe.
I certainly wish Ladi & other unrepentent post-abortive mothers would mourn the deaths of their babies. That's the only way to forgiveness, healing and wholeness.
Ladi is in denial, is not sorry for what she did to Baby Derrick, and continue to PROMOTE other mom's killing their babies in utero.
She perversely believes that the more mom's who kill their babies in utero, the less culpable she is for killing Baby Derrick.
She's in Lala land.....and will remain so until she faces the brutal facts of what she did.
You are so out of touch with reality!

La has posted her a bazillion times she regrets her abortion. She hates abortion. She would focus on lowering the number of annual abortion to zero with comprehensive sex education in all public schools and affordable/free birth control available to all.

All the crap you posted above is nothing but your deranged fantasy. Including the sex and name of the embryo La regretfully aborted in order to finish her college degree so that her parents' hopes and dreams were not dashed -- as they had been with La's sibling.

ALL OF THIS INFO is located right in this forum, on this very thread. Study up. Or keep showing us what a failure you truly are... Your choice.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304476 Jul 11, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>The state of being pregnant means that your biological child/new life has been conceived. If you were to be a surrogate "mother" then you are geststing another womans biological child.
You are a biological mother if you conceive gour child. If that child is given up for adoption, then another woman will"mother" that child (like in Roses case). She has been blessed to have been reunited with her biological son and now enjoys her grandchildren.
Are you suggesting that Rose was not a mother while pregnant with her adoptive son? Because her son had a mother who raised him, was she not still his mother?
I suggested no such thing. Maybe you should learn to read, like some troll was insisting to me.

The point was regarding women who have miscarried, but have no children in the household.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#304477 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Intentionally killing a preborn baby is wrong.
Go cry to your dead god, nancyboy, since he kills 1 in 4 pregnancies before they come to term.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304478 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "You seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life"
______
Once a unique & distinct human being is created in mom's womb, her baby IS.
My five miscarriages never got to be babies.

I wasn't a mother until my first son was BORN, although I had been a pregnant woman many times...

You will never be a mother - unless you make that trip to Amsterdam of course....got your ticket yet?
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304479 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggested no such thing. Maybe you should learn to read, like some troll was insisting to me.
The point was regarding women who have miscarried, but have no children in the household.
Rose didn't have any other children in the household. Point is that once you create your child, you are a biological mother. Whether that child is one day old in utero or one day old outside the womb ...or...whether or not you mother that child or someone else does..

Having other children is irrelevent. A mother who miscarries or has an abortion IS still a mother because they have produced a biological child. Mothering that child when born is a different subject.

A woman can be pregnant with another womans child even. THAT is when you can consider a pregnant woman not a mother.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#304480 Jul 11, 2013
SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision.
Preaching to the choir. The decision should be made by the woman making the choice and her physician. Oth, once born, it seems to me that there is a societal interest in making sure that the new citizen receives care.(Adoption.)
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304481 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so out of touch with reality!
La has posted her a bazillion times she regrets her abortion. She hates abortion. She would focus on lowering the number of annual abortion to zero with comprehensive sex education in all public schools and affordable/free birth control available to all.
All the crap you posted above is nothing but your deranged fantasy. Including the sex and name of the embryo La regretfully aborted in order to finish her college degree so that her parents' hopes and dreams were not dashed -- as they had been with La's sibling.
ALL OF THIS INFO is located right in this forum, on this very thread. Study up. Or keep showing us what a failure you truly are... Your choice.
I have posts of her bookmarked where she CLARIFIED for some that she ONLY regrets getting pregnant...not her abortion.

She hates abortion? Who loves abortion? Typical proabort "ease the conscience" tactic to justify SUPPORTING it as choice for others.

Ones personal reasons don't matter . You either support it or you don't. If you do then NOBODY gives a flying sh*t why you hate abortion.

I also have book marked where she claimed her unwanted aborted pregnancy was not her baby but her wanted daughter was "her baby" while pregnant.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304482 Jul 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My five miscarriages never got to be babies.
I wasn't a mother until my first son was BORN, although I had been a pregnant woman many times...
You will never be a mother - unless you make that trip to Amsterdam of course....got your ticket yet?
Oh, so you were a surrogate? Meaning, you weren't the biological mother?

Location hidden

#304483 Jul 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My five miscarriages never got to be babies.
Lol

Not on the miscarried. Those are sad. And sorry ..as I Saud sons,wife had 10. And we think her child was one of twins,..as she had miscarry symptoms about 3 months before she found out she was almost 5 months,pregnant ..by this time they had stopped trying..No hormones..etc like they had,2 years before that ..And our baby was born little at about 8months ..She had just had so many she had no idea she was,pregnant ..our little miracle baby

Dry had 2 besides the boys.

And I know,there is grief on each one and you only feel like a mom with your hit us as you say ..

But for the time you were pregnant you were a mom..taking care of that baby ..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#304484 Jul 11, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you were a surrogate? Meaning, you weren't the biological mother?
No, that's not what I meant.

I said what I meant.

Your spin, inference, point of view, opinion, or lack of reading comprehension skills, notwithstanding.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#304486 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Not on the miscarried. Those are sad. And sorry ..as I Saud sons,wife had 10. And we think her child was one of twins,..as she had miscarry symptoms about 3 months before she found out she was almost 5 months,pregnant ..by this time they had stopped trying..No hormones..etc like they had,2 years before that ..And our baby was born little at about 8months ..She had just had so many she had no idea she was,pregnant ..our little miracle baby
Dry had 2 besides the boys.
And I know,there is grief on each one and you only feel like a mom with your hit us as you say ..
But for the time you were pregnant you were a mom..taking care of that baby ..
You are welcome to your opinion as it applies to your own pregnancies, Rose. Please do not attempt to tell me mine.

Thanks.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304487 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the temporal pleasure w/out the responsibility attached.
You want convenience at the cost of executing an innocent & defenseless human being.
Even you must realize what a narcissistic sociopath you are.
You want to punish girls/women for consenting to sex by insisting they gestate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy. If in the process they turn their lives over to God and become productive Christian citizens, so much the better. Right, NR?

Location hidden

#304488 Jul 11, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> I have posts of her bookmarked where she CLARIFIED for some that she ONLY regrets getting pregnant...not her abortion.
She hates abortion? Who loves abortion? Typical proabort "ease the conscience" tactic to justify SUPPORTING it as choice for others.
Ones personal reasons don't matter . You either support it or you don't. If you do then NOBODY gives a flying sh*t why you hate abortion.
I also have book marked where she claimed her unwanted aborted pregnancy was not her baby but her wanted daughter was "her baby" while pregnant.
JM.

The thing is ..I support your anti abortion belief totally..wish there was never a Roe.

But the way Ladi has her past flung on here from a thirty year old decision.

You deny that she regrets,it????

That is only between her and God ..And no one on this forum.

What has been said to her especially about black mass baby sacrifices

..not by you..But you should at least note it IMO.
most reprehensible .

And trashing her ..I would go running from God's supposed people if it was me and did not know Hmm

Have no idea,on your life..But not everyone lived n a bubble of family and religion

And many CATH and non Cath Chrstans have been pushed away from Hmm
By judgemental people..speaking on God's behalf.

How much worse for those judged who may not have a foundation of belief .

Sorry but the whole thing has me nuts .

Leave the poor woman alone

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#304489 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, think I got the gist of what you were saying, AJ.
:)
You did. I'm not sure why Sue did not. Society often calls pregnant women "expecting".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expecting

From the link:

1. To look forward to the birth of one's child. Used in progressive tenses: His sister is expecting in May.
2. To be pregnant. Used in progressive tenses: My wife is expecting again.

It seems straight forward to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Jimmy 1,375,327
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 254,965
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr Earthling-1 9,555
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web