Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312808 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304441 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah ..you know darn well I scattering to you assuming that a,woman who has aborted can not mourn
And what else can I infer from your awful posting about Ladi.
And her child ..
Madam: "You assume that a woman who's had an abortion cannot mourn"

------

That's exactly the opposite of what I believe.

I certainly wish Ladi & other unrepentent post-abortive mothers would mourn the deaths of their babies. That's the only way to forgiveness, healing and wholeness.

Ladi is in denial, is not sorry for what she did to Baby Derrick, and continue to PROMOTE other mom's killing their babies in utero.

She perversely believes that the more mom's who kill their babies in utero, the less culpable she is for killing Baby Derrick.

She's in Lala land.....and will remain so until she faces the brutal facts of what she did.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304442 Jul 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life, and it is not. If a woman does not want to be a mother, she doesn't have to remain celibate her whole life to avoid it. Nor does she have to become a mother if she becomes pregnant. It's her choice - not yours.
Frustrates the living hell out of you, that your idea of responsibility isn't forced on women, any more than it is on men.
Too frikken bad, fella.
You want the temporal pleasure w/out the responsibility attached.

You want convenience at the cost of executing an innocent & defenseless human being.

Even you must realize what a narcissistic sociopath you are.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304443 Jul 11, 2013
People have been convicted for spreading HIV knowingly. The problem is that straights don't get themselves tested routinely, and spread it unknowingly.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ...But someone does not like what you said ..
Anyhow ..
A law about using condoms ..hmm ..
Nah .
Never would fly
And who woukd enforce it
But people who KNOWINGLY spread disease ..esp HIV...That shoukd be criminal ..imo
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304444 Jul 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. It's been only 10 days since I'd seen my youngest grandson, but he was only barely taking steps when the left to visit his other grandparents. When they got here last night, they put him on his feet and he ran right over! Next thing I know, he'll be graduating High School!
bHitler: "When they put my grandson on his feet, he ran right over!"
________

I'm glad your grandson's legs weren't ripped off by a pair of abortionist's forceps.

If he had been brutally executed in utero, you would've supported that decision.

"Thanks, Grandma!"
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304445 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I said as long as a woman conceives she is a mom to care for her child or end its life.
You asked about adoption ..And if not about birth moms then adoptive ones??
She lived my boy dearly and yes was his mom??
No, you misunderstood. At no time did I ask about adoption. The point all along was women who miscarry. Maybe they adopt later, but that was a side issue. Since the point made by the op "Forum" and NR was that women who miscarry are already mothers, even if they've never experienced a live delivery, that was the point I was addressing. Adoption had nothing to do with it except as a side issue.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304446 Jul 11, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
Intentionally killing a preborn baby is wrong.

Indianapolis

#304448 Jul 11, 2013
Part of the problem with miscarriages being devastating to some women is that they consider them children in the womb. My mom had 8 kids and 2 miscarriages. The miscarriages were disappointing but nowhere near tragic. Tragedy was losing the born daughter a month after birth.

It may be generational; more miscarriages used to occur in the past than do now. I think most women understood that the pregnancy wasn't a guarantee of having a baby, and proceeded accordingly. Of course, parents didn't treat kids like the center of the universe, either.
Katie wrote:
Sue and Rose --
To me, it's all about how one feels personally toward oneself after losing a pregnancy. It's all about how one copes with the loss.
But if another woman doesn't feel the Mom title applies to her, then that is her truth as well.
It used to be, back in the day, pregnancy was hidden from society. Now it seems as if every single baby bump is making its debut on FB and other social media.
This article is interesting ...
http://miscarriage.about.com/od/copingwithmis...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304449 Jul 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's better for everyone to stop fairly frequently, get out of the car and walk around, not just us old folk :)
Well that's,certainly true.

Unfortunately for us women..well me ..I would stop at every station if it was up to me.

But now he has to stop at least every other..And it ticks him off.lol

Bad back. Bad knees for Him

Between us we make up maybe 3/4 of one person..

Playing with the baby have to get creative in little games

The pool was great but for those horrid water bugs this years

Sigh
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304450 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway if you are carrying your offspring you are mom
You are responsible for the human life in your womb
Normally you nurture it ..sometimes you end its life ..
Your responsible ..No one else
CARE OR KILL..your a mom.
(Not meaning you As in Katie)
So what makes an expectant father a Dad if he's not carrying said fetus?

Indianapolis

#304451 Jul 11, 2013
Most abortions aren't surgical, twit.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Because their a liberal, and liberals think in nuances. Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. But folks like you and I have not apparently "developed" our thinking to the point of a liberal, where an apple can be an orange or a mango because they say so.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304452 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "AJ responded to that initial post, NR responded to her. AJ responded to NR."
Who's on first?
You and that op, Forum, both claimed pregnant women were mothers. Even if they hadn't yet experienced a live birth.

Why is it you have such a difficult time understanding your own points? There is no difference in the meanings of the words Mother and Mom.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304453 Jul 11, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the feeling. My son turned 19 today and it seemed like only yesterday that he was born. How time flies!:o)
Yeah, my youngest will be 20 at the end of the year. We were going through older home movies on VHS the other day, in preparation for converting them to DVD, and I was thinking it doesn't seem that long ago that the kids were that young :)

Indianapolis

#304454 Jul 11, 2013
Do you use make-up to cover that hanger mark in your forehead?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
________
I'm glad your grandson's legs weren't ripped off by a pair of abortionist's forceps.
If he had been brutally executed in utero, you would've supported that decision.
"Thanks, Grandma!"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#304455 Jul 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot-on. There's no right or wrong in these situations. It's sensitive, personal beliefs and what works for one, wouldn't for another.
Correct, which is why the government should not be involved in the decision.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304456 Jul 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Rose! I think you harbor the assumption that all women would instinctively react/act the way you did/do.
Here's a link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Not_Sorry....
There's also a help place for women that regret aborting -
http://www.afterabortion.com/
I'm guessing that the majority of women fall somewhere between the two extremes.
I have heard about that first one ...And read from others who are sorry.

But AJ in either case,..They were mothers..They made decisions that obviously affected the life of their child.

Only they know if indeed it does,not bother them..maybe the posting helps ..that's good

My dear friend who has,had three..Will not even mention the word.

Has many emotional problems and gets,counselling for other things.

Do I think she shoukd deal with it one way or the other..absolutely .

But I cannot and will not push her. Won't go further but I am there to listen if she needs it .

Anyway.. miscarriage..abortion..birth ...They all effect us as women

All have one thing in common ..mother. at least for a while .
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304457 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You and that op, Forum, both claimed pregnant women were mothers. Even if they hadn't yet experienced a live birth.
Why is it you have such a difficult time understanding your own points? There is no difference in the meanings of the words Mother and Mom.
The state of being pregnant means that your biological child/new life has been conceived. If you were to be a surrogate "mother" then you are geststing another womans biological child.

You are a biological mother if you conceive gour child. If that child is given up for adoption, then another woman will"mother" that child (like in Roses case). She has been blessed to have been reunited with her biological son and now enjoys her grandchildren.

Are you suggesting that Rose was not a mother while pregnant with her adoptive son? Because her son had a mother who raised him, was she not still his mother?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304458 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
________
"Thanks, Grandma!"
LOL, what melodrama, Mr. OCD.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304459 Jul 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life, and it is not. If a woman does not want to be a mother, she doesn't have to remain celibate her whole life to avoid it. Nor does she have to become a mother if she becomes pregnant. It's her choice - not yours.
Frustrates the living hell out of you, that your idea of responsibility isn't forced on women, any more than it is on men.
Too frikken bad, fella.
Playa: "You seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life"
______

Once a unique & distinct human being is created in mom's womb, her baby IS.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304460 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice .
There is a book ..also a DVD called TILLY..
ITS,sad but happy too .
I cried but smiled
Is this what you're recommending?

http://www.christianbook.com/tilly-frank-pere...
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#304461 Jul 11, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
I think you people are confusing the word "mother" for "mothering". There are biological mothers and mothers who raise a child as their one. Location of that mothers child is irrelevent(in or out of the womb or / whether she raises thst child or another does).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,459,286
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min Trojan 32,609
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 15 hr Go Blue Forever 59
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue ChristineM 258,041
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web