Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312860 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304418 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural death of the preborn baby in utero is not the same as intentional killing by an abortionist.
Why do I have to explain this to you?
And yet it happens that both women may MOURN .

And sorry but you have zero sensitivity.

Watch the movie TILLY..

it read the book ..just a suggestion
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304419 Jul 10, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet it happens that both women may MOURN .
And sorry but you have zero sensitivity.
Watch the movie TILLY..
it read the book ..just a suggestion
The poster was trying to conflate manner of death: Natural death v. intentional killing.

I made it clear they are not the same.

You pop in and criticize me for not being sensitive?

You're knee-jerk reaction just made you look like a moron. Again.

Pay closer attention to the discussion at hand before weighing in.

K?

Location hidden

#304420 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster was trying to conflate manner of death: Natural death v. intentional killing.
K?
Nah ..you know darn well I scattering to you assuming that a,woman who has aborted can not mourn

And what else can I infer from your awful posting about Ladi.

And her child ..

Location hidden

#304421 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
K?
And if you read any of my posts I KNOW THEY ARE NOT.

But you don't get to judge and punish and say who.mourns and who doesn't

It's watchable your pay grade ..But then I'm nit sure you even believe in God

He judges not you ..He reconciles not you
Obskeptic

Ypsilanti, MI

#304423 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural death of the preborn baby in utero is not the same as intentional killing by an abortionist.
Because their a liberal, and liberals think in nuances. Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. But folks like you and I have not apparently "developed" our thinking to the point of a liberal, where an apple can be an orange or a mango because they say so.
Ocean56

AOL

#304424 Jul 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
If you are pregnant, then you are a mother.
As far as I'M concerned, that is only true if a woman wants to STAY pregnant and then give birth.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304425 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But I already miss my babies ..worse part of a visit is leaving .
And we only go twice a year..maybe three...They grow so fast!!
No kidding. It's been only 10 days since I'd seen my youngest grandson, but he was only barely taking steps when the left to visit his other grandparents. When they got here last night, they put him on his feet and he ran right over! Next thing I know, he'll be graduating High School!

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#304426 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Sue. That person "brought it up" although you mistakenly credited AJ with it. AJ responded to that initial post, NR responded to her. AJ responded to NR.
In no way did AJ "brought it up". And she didn't say anything "about calling a pregnant woman "Mom". She asked NR a question with the word Mom included.
Katie! Based on what some believe, if you are pregnant you are a mother. Unless you have an existing child or children, that is simply not the case.

I have been known to congratulate new parents and I do call them "Mom" and "Dad". Is that really unusual? What I have never done is addressed a pregnant woman as "Mom". That was the point which I failed to make.

Location hidden

#304427 Jul 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. It's been only 10 days since I'd seen my youngest grandson, but he was only barely taking steps when the left to visit his other grandparents. When they got here last night, they put him on his feet and he ran right over! Next thing I know, he'll be graduating High School!
I'm closest to the older one ..well known him longer ant way and he is eight already .
And loves to read like I do..

But the baby is three..dead ringer for his mom.at that age ..And a let's see what I can get away with smile ...makes me cry .

And the middle one has gotten sweeter..

Geesh I will be crying soon...

Travel with us ..Lol we creak at rests stops literally

Have to walk or go numb.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#304428 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces: "Consent to sex does not equal consent to carry and have a child"
_______
You acknowledge knowing what causes pregnancy, yet you engage in the same behavior that can result in the creation of a new human being.
Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy. It's natural and normal. It was never intended as an opportunity to execute innocents.
You support intentionally killing a unique, distinct human being because YOU took a risk. This is an evil act that violates the Natural Law of Human Beings.
Like I said., your petty beliefsbprevent you from accepting a simple fact. Instead you just want to foint fingers at everyone and puke the same old non-relevant BS.

Location hidden

#304429 Jul 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! Based on what some believe, if you are pregnant you are a mother. Unless you have an existing child or children, that is simply not the case.
I have been known to congratulate new parents and I do call them "Mom" and "Dad". Is that really unusual? What I have never done is addressed a pregnant woman as "Mom". That was the point which I failed to make.
I get what you feel..

But the responsibility is with her to nurture her child..when she gets pregnant .

Take vitamins..not drink..etc..

As soon as she tells him move..well I would talk to them.

Thing is she has the responsibilities and for most happiness of mom...cause she is.

Unless she loses it or ends its life..

But she will always be that child's mother .

He was a part of her ..

And as inconvenient a fact as this is..Dads do Not have that bond

When I got pregnant it was a lot of things to me.

As in please make me be wrong ...how can this be happening .

But once he quickened ..I fell in love.. sadly ..But no less in love .

I het the whole idea,of abortions.

But one thing I cannot fathom is a woman who has carried a child ..And knows Darn good and well. It's a baby in there..later having an abortion.

I appending get multiple abortions..as in why go thru that again..

But that's for another day

Location hidden

#304430 Jul 11, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I'M concerned, that is only true if a woman wants to STAY pregnant and then give birth.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Maybe that's true...But she will always be that child's mom..

Inconvenient as that fact is.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#304431 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Well, if you're going to toss out technical terms like "baby shower"...
https://baywateranimalrescue.org/2013/03/
<quoted text>
Lol!

Dealing with NR is like trying to debate with a deaf dog, except the deaf dog will actually attempt to hear what you have to say.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304432 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm closest to the older one ..well known him longer ant way and he is eight already .
And loves to read like I do..
But the baby is three..dead ringer for his mom.at that age ..And a let's see what I can get away with smile ...makes me cry .
And the middle one has gotten sweeter..
Geesh I will be crying soon...
Travel with us ..Lol we creak at rests stops literally
Have to walk or go numb.
Well, it's better for everyone to stop fairly frequently, get out of the car and walk around, not just us old folk :)

“Clever words”

constellate

#304435 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what you feel..
But the responsibility is with her to nurture her child..when she gets pregnant .
Take vitamins..not drink..etc..
As soon as she tells him move..well I would talk to them.
Thing is she has the responsibilities and for most happiness of mom...cause she is.
Unless she loses it or ends its life..
But she will always be that child's mother .
He was a part of her ..
And as inconvenient a fact as this is..Dads do Not have that bond
When I got pregnant it was a lot of things to me.
As in please make me be wrong ...how can this be happening .
But once he quickened ..I fell in love.. sadly ..But no less in love .
I het the whole idea,of abortions.
But one thing I cannot fathom is a woman who has carried a child ..And knows Darn good and well. It's a baby in there..later having an abortion.
I appending get multiple abortions..as in why go thru that again..
But that's for another day
Greetings Rose! I think you harbor the assumption that all women would instinctively react/act the way you did/do.

Here's a link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Not_Sorry....

There's also a help place for women that regret aborting -

http://www.afterabortion.com/

I'm guessing that the majority of women fall somewhere between the two extremes.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#304436 Jul 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the feeling. My son turned 19 today and it seemed like only yesterday that he was born. How time flies!:o)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#304437 Jul 11, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304438 Jul 11, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you seem to believe that pregnancy is just a woman's lot in life, and it is not. If a woman does not want to be a mother, she doesn't have to remain celibate her whole life to avoid it. Nor does she have to become a mother if she becomes pregnant. It's her choice - not yours.

Frustrates the living hell out of you, that your idea of responsibility isn't forced on women, any more than it is on men.

Too frikken bad, fella.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304439 Jul 11, 2013
Prolifers in Texas sang Amazing Grace.

Meanwhile, proaborts chanted "Hoes before embryos!"

'Nuf said.

“Clever words”

constellate

#304440 Jul 11, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it's subjective. I've known women who've miscarried and they did not consider themselves a mother until they actually had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth yet I've also met women who've miscarried and when asked how many children she has, she includes the pregnancies she's lost. I've met a woman who gave up a child for adoption but does not consider herself a mother. Then you have women who could not bear children but fostered/adopted and they consider themselves to be mothers. Who's right and who's wrong?
Spot-on. There's no right or wrong in these situations. It's sensitive, personal beliefs and what works for one, wouldn't for another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,460,579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr IB DaMann 258,050
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web