Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,301 - 285,320 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304324 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what causes pregnancy, right?
Of course I do, numbnuts.

Do you understand that consent to sex does not equal consent to carry and have a child? I'm guessing you're too wrapped up in your petty beliefs to concede something so simple.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304325 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes us US is often referred to as a soul.
Or our inner being.
Or the light in our eyes.
All of it comes from our brains.
jmo
Katie V.: "What makes us US is often referred to as a soul.
Or our inner being. Or the light in our eyes."
_____

You live in darkness. You are dead inside. You try to personify your spiritual death by seeking to KILL those innocent little human beings in the womb.

You suffer from a mental illness. You try to remain close to your deadly defects through killing most vulerable.

^^ Sociopath ^^

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304326 Jul 10, 2013
Especially since it's a totally unnecessary procedure 99% of the time. If an adult male wants to do it, great; it should never be done to a child unless necessary. About 200 babies a year die from complications of circumcision.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
And how sad is that when we KNOW that they feel the pain.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304327 Jul 10, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference in restricting late term abortion..
AND SHARIA LAW..sorry plays that is the new talking point Buzz word.
Under SHARIA law you would be wearing a Burks.
If a woman has a life threatening problem. And is pregnant. Efforts are made to save both ..if the baby dies..as in ectopic pregnancy ..Or any other reason such as early delivery yo save the mother's,life.
For the purposes if these laws it is not abortion ..No matter the medical terms now used ..
A mother whose life is in danger would nit go to an abortion clinic ....well let's hope not.
This,Sharia study since 911 is meant to scare people.
And quite frankly obnoxious imo.
Dismemberment ..burning ..whatever is used to kill a late term child before removal so it's dead ...Is cruel...
And since no one here remembers back that far no one can say they do nit feel pain.
Now in an emergency if labor is induced.....And the baby cannot survive ..That I'd sad but abortion makes sure there is no chance if life ..
EITHER WAY THE SICK MOTHER IS NO LONGER PREGNANT .purposely killing the child in those circumstances..does NITHING to help the mother that induced delivery without killing the child would
So the life of the mother ..saving a life has really NITHING to do with going to a clinic for an ABORTION..
They are two different things ..one woukd still be lawful..saving the life of mom...the thrilling the baby on purpose would not.
It's another false argument meant to portray pro-life as mercenary to mom..
Please things have gotten to the point where arguments are made that it's ok to kill a breathing child who survives abortion..
These laws are trying to put an actual boundary on willful killing if the prebirn...And NOTHING TO DO WITH SHARUA LAW.
So why the bee in your bonnet? Apparently, you felt that screaming at me would validate your wrath over my use of the phrase "Sharia Law."

I suspect your bonnet's resident bee, is there as a result of the truth of my statement, which you so nimbly sidestepped: This version of Sharia is promulgated by Christians, who desire their religious precepts (no sex before marriage, women submitting to their husbands, woman's place solely in the home, pregnancy as Eve's curse) to be codified into law. The violence against women advocated in Sharia, is simply more openly practiced in Iran than in America. Christians would happily return women to the subjugation of men, because that's what the Bible advocates. This is the main reason, if not the ONLY real reason, for removing the right to an abortion from the many rights recognized over the last hundred years. If it was about babies, there would be more support from you SCPL, for taking care of those babies once they make the magical trip through the birth canal....yet THOSE sorts of PRO-LIFE actions via the government you want to push into this decision, are universally decried by the SCPL as 'sponsoring laziness'.

And you know it.

And nothing you posted has anything to say about the primary point of my post: which is that corrupt practices are being used to put these laws into place.

Why not?

Indianapolis

#304328 Jul 10, 2013
And for thousands of years, babies have died, suffered massive infections, been scarred, and rendered sterile over it. It's a meaningless procedure; completely unnecessary 99% of the time. The foreskin isn't just a flap of skin; it produces lubrication and protection AND is replete with nerve endings.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure they at least use that spray freeze stuff or lidocaine gel.
They have done it for thousands of years.

Indianapolis

#304329 Jul 10, 2013
You first, and repeatedly.
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a masculinity-hating little child who needs to lose some of her self esteem!
One wishes you were raped!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#304331 Jul 10, 2013
Attention Topix Moderator: Why are you removing posts which use a bit of profanity, but leaving posts which advocate violent acts upon specific posters here?

Just Checking.
Forum Mod

United States

#304332 Jul 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Attention Topix Moderator: Why are you removing posts which use a bit of profanity, but leaving posts which advocate violent acts upon specific posters here?
Just Checking.

None of your business. And if you're concerned about your posts being removed why not just exert a little self control and post without resorting to profanity.
It's indicative of a small mind.
As far as other posts are concerned we have reported cpeter and the other unregistered poster who advocated rape, to the proper authorities.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#304333 Jul 10, 2013
Playa, if a post with profanity is reported...

I don't think the Mods have the time or inclination to pay much mind to the "why". I think the poster that advocates "rape" should be reported, but since he received responses (numerous), I'm assuming no one much cared.

Beware: Feed trolls at your own risk.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304334 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "What makes us US is often referred to as a soul.
Or our inner being. Or the light in our eyes."
_____
You live in darkness. You are dead inside. You try to personify your spiritual death by seeking to KILL those innocent little human beings in the womb.
You suffer from a mental illness. You try to remain close to your deadly defects through killing most vulerable.
^^ Sociopath ^^
You do not know what you're talking about. You have no clue. And you've been reported.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304335 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
Playa, if a post with profanity is reported...
I don't think the Mods have the time or inclination to pay much mind to the "why". I think the poster that advocates "rape" should be reported, but since he received responses (numerous), I'm assuming no one much cared.
Beware: Feed trolls at your own risk.
Am pretty sure Sue said she'd reported him. I reported him. You do not advocate rape and then threaten to rape -- if that needs to be explained to anyone for any reason, they are hopeless. jmo
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304336 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your business. And if you're concerned about your posts being removed why not just exert a little self control and post without resorting to profanity.
As far as other posts are concerned we have reported cpeter and the other unregistered poster who advocated rape, to the proper authorities.
You're not a real Topix mod.
You're an enabler. jmo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#304337 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my posts have been removed - you'd know that if you were really a moderator - but thanks for pretending to do that job otherwise.

Have a nice day.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#304339 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Am pretty sure Sue said she'd reported him. I reported him. You do not advocate rape and then threaten to rape -- if that needs to be explained to anyone for any reason, they are hopeless. jmo
Katie! One of the Mods suggested that responding to vulgar posts is not advisable. When any poster responds, a Mod is left in a difficult position - assuming they have the time to read all the exchanges, which I tend to doubt.

Personally, I do not report unless PI is outed. Otherwise, my policy is never to feed a troll. It excites them and they bloat like blood sucking leeches. This particular one seems to have found himself a new niche. jmo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304340 Jul 10, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a masculinity-hating little child who needs to lose some of her self esteem!
One wishes you were raped!
You are a coward hiding behind a proxy.
Wake Up

Lexington, KY

#304341 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid much?
If you really want to rip off the blinders, look to the predatory PLM (pro-life movement). Those are the tyrants you fear. But you follow them because you hear a message and think they talk the talk. They don't walk the walk, though. It's so obvious, even with the slightest research, but too many continue to wear blinders while bleating their message and ignoring the reality of what they are and represent.
PS Ask yourself this, if a government wants you enslaved or dead, who will it govern? And how?
First of all, I don't follow a pro-life movement group of people. Pro-life is my personal belief. I don't have to be a part of that movement to have an opinion that abortion is wrong. Secondly, you are the one that should do some research, do you know how far back in history tyrannical governments go? Do you understand that America was established based on the premise of this, and the powers that be have been working diligently to infiltrate our society and covertly take back what we have established. Dog eat Dog babe. They will sink with the ship, like all the rest of the tyrannies in history.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304343 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! One of the Mods suggested that responding to vulgar posts is not advisable. When any poster responds, a Mod is left in a difficult position - assuming they have the time to read all the exchanges, which I tend to doubt.
Personally, I do not report unless PI is outed. Otherwise, my policy is never to feed a troll. It excites them and they bloat like blood sucking leeches. This particular one seems to have found himself a new niche. jmo
Agree, AJ. Which is why I stopped responding yesterday. Any threats of rape cross the line, imo.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304344 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no record of any such post being reported. Are you sure you are properly familiarized with Topix post reporting procedures ?
Um, yes. Email confirmation, thanks so much.
Now, do you think real Topix mods might frown on your bad behavior?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304345 Jul 10, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't follow a pro-life movement group of people. Pro-life is my personal belief. I don't have to be a part of that movement to have an opinion that abortion is wrong. Secondly, you are the one that should do some research, do you know how far back in history tyrannical governments go? Do you understand that America was established based on the premise of this, and the powers that be have been working diligently to infiltrate our society and covertly take back what we have established. Dog eat Dog babe. They will sink with the ship, like all the rest of the tyrannies in history.
Hmmm, without knowing what my post was in response to (thought it was to Rose), too much time has passed. Sorry.

But in the gist of it, yes, I understand what America was established upon. Do you know who the "powers that be" are?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#304346 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say any of your posts WERE removed. I just said "if you were concerned..."( and you did express concern), or if anyone was concerned for that matter, then they should refrain from using profanity.
By the way we here at Topix laugh at insincere, passive-aggressive "thanks" and "have a nice day" wishes from disturbed, angry posters like yourself.
Then perhaps you'll be more pleased when I tell you to

GET BENT

instead.

Hmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min fetch almighty 1,099,942
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Tuco Blondie 226,290
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••