Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304334 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "What makes us US is often referred to as a soul.
Or our inner being. Or the light in our eyes."
_____
You live in darkness. You are dead inside. You try to personify your spiritual death by seeking to KILL those innocent little human beings in the womb.
You suffer from a mental illness. You try to remain close to your deadly defects through killing most vulerable.
^^ Sociopath ^^
You do not know what you're talking about. You have no clue. And you've been reported.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304335 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
Playa, if a post with profanity is reported...
I don't think the Mods have the time or inclination to pay much mind to the "why". I think the poster that advocates "rape" should be reported, but since he received responses (numerous), I'm assuming no one much cared.
Beware: Feed trolls at your own risk.
Am pretty sure Sue said she'd reported him. I reported him. You do not advocate rape and then threaten to rape -- if that needs to be explained to anyone for any reason, they are hopeless. jmo
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304336 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your business. And if you're concerned about your posts being removed why not just exert a little self control and post without resorting to profanity.
It's indicative of a small mind.
As far as other posts are concerned we have reported cpeter and the other unregistered poster who advocated rape, to the proper authorities.
You're not a real Topix mod.
You're an enabler. jmo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304337 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your business. And if you're concerned about your posts being removed why not just exert a little self control and post without resorting to profanity.
It's indicative of a small mind.
As far as other posts are concerned we have reported cpeter and the other unregistered poster who advocated rape, to the proper authorities.
None of my posts have been removed - you'd know that if you were really a moderator - but thanks for pretending to do that job otherwise.

Have a nice day.

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#304339 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Am pretty sure Sue said she'd reported him. I reported him. You do not advocate rape and then threaten to rape -- if that needs to be explained to anyone for any reason, they are hopeless. jmo
Katie! One of the Mods suggested that responding to vulgar posts is not advisable. When any poster responds, a Mod is left in a difficult position - assuming they have the time to read all the exchanges, which I tend to doubt.

Personally, I do not report unless PI is outed. Otherwise, my policy is never to feed a troll. It excites them and they bloat like blood sucking leeches. This particular one seems to have found himself a new niche. jmo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304340 Jul 10, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a masculinity-hating little child who needs to lose some of her self esteem!
One wishes you were raped!
You are a coward hiding behind a proxy.
Wake Up

Lexington, KY

#304341 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid much?
If you really want to rip off the blinders, look to the predatory PLM (pro-life movement). Those are the tyrants you fear. But you follow them because you hear a message and think they talk the talk. They don't walk the walk, though. It's so obvious, even with the slightest research, but too many continue to wear blinders while bleating their message and ignoring the reality of what they are and represent.
PS Ask yourself this, if a government wants you enslaved or dead, who will it govern? And how?
First of all, I don't follow a pro-life movement group of people. Pro-life is my personal belief. I don't have to be a part of that movement to have an opinion that abortion is wrong. Secondly, you are the one that should do some research, do you know how far back in history tyrannical governments go? Do you understand that America was established based on the premise of this, and the powers that be have been working diligently to infiltrate our society and covertly take back what we have established. Dog eat Dog babe. They will sink with the ship, like all the rest of the tyrannies in history.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304343 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! One of the Mods suggested that responding to vulgar posts is not advisable. When any poster responds, a Mod is left in a difficult position - assuming they have the time to read all the exchanges, which I tend to doubt.
Personally, I do not report unless PI is outed. Otherwise, my policy is never to feed a troll. It excites them and they bloat like blood sucking leeches. This particular one seems to have found himself a new niche. jmo
Agree, AJ. Which is why I stopped responding yesterday. Any threats of rape cross the line, imo.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304344 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no record of any such post being reported. Are you sure you are properly familiarized with Topix post reporting procedures ?
Um, yes. Email confirmation, thanks so much.
Now, do you think real Topix mods might frown on your bad behavior?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304345 Jul 10, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't follow a pro-life movement group of people. Pro-life is my personal belief. I don't have to be a part of that movement to have an opinion that abortion is wrong. Secondly, you are the one that should do some research, do you know how far back in history tyrannical governments go? Do you understand that America was established based on the premise of this, and the powers that be have been working diligently to infiltrate our society and covertly take back what we have established. Dog eat Dog babe. They will sink with the ship, like all the rest of the tyrannies in history.
Hmmm, without knowing what my post was in response to (thought it was to Rose), too much time has passed. Sorry.

But in the gist of it, yes, I understand what America was established upon. Do you know who the "powers that be" are?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304346 Jul 10, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say any of your posts WERE removed. I just said "if you were concerned..."( and you did express concern), or if anyone was concerned for that matter, then they should refrain from using profanity.
By the way we here at Topix laugh at insincere, passive-aggressive "thanks" and "have a nice day" wishes from disturbed, angry posters like yourself.
Then perhaps you'll be more pleased when I tell you to

GET BENT

instead.

Hmmm?
Forum Mod

United States

#304347 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yes. Email confirmation, thanks so much.
Now, do you think real Topix mods might frown on your bad behavior?
I'm not sure who it is that duped you but a check of our records again reveals no such post was reported.
Check our Terms of Service for proper post reporting procedures.
Forum Mod

United States

#304348 Jul 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Then perhaps you'll be more pleased when I tell you to
GET BENT
instead.
Hmmm?
This is exactly the type of post that we would typically remove, provided it is properly reported. However in this case we've opted to leave it up, if only to demonstrate how easy it is to goad and incite anger in the less intelligent.
We aren't without a sense of humor here at Topix.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#304349 Jul 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. There's nothing bigoted about giving EACH woman the right to decide for HERSELF, as an individual, whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
If you are pregnant, then you are a mother.

“Don't forget to”

smile

#304350 Jul 10, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are pregnant, then you are a mother.
If you are pregnant, you are an expectant mother, unless you have an existing child or children.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304351 Jul 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what you're talking about. You have no clue. And you've been reported.
Katie Boo-Hoo: "You've been reported."
_________

I have a basis for forming my opinion: Your own posts. For example...

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.

_________

I think Topix Moderators would conclude that based on your posts it's not out of bounds for one to assume you exhibit AntiSocial Personality Disorder qualities.
_________

"I will not forsake women and their civil rights because you're in love with their fetuses." - Katie V.
_________

No empathy at all; no concern, sadness, sympathy for innocent & defenseless human beings at the front ends of their human-life spectrums.
_________

"There is no "exact moment" as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie V.

"LIFE STARTS when the circulatory system starts on its own and can support life WITHOUT AN UMBILICAL CORD. Until then that 'child's life' is NONEXISTENT." - Katie V.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304353 Jul 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do, numbnuts.
Do you understand that consent to sex does not equal consent to carry and have a child? I'm guessing you're too wrapped up in your petty beliefs to concede something so simple.
Feces: "Consent to sex does not equal consent to carry and have a child"
_______

You acknowledge knowing what causes pregnancy, yet you engage in the same behavior that can result in the creation of a new human being.

Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy. It's natural and normal. It was never intended as an opportunity to execute innocents.

You support intentionally killing a unique, distinct human being because YOU took a risk. This is an evil act that violates the Natural Law of Human Beings.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304354 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are pregnant, you are an expectant mother, unless you have an existing child or children.
Junket: "If you are pregnant, you are an expectant mother, unless you have an existing child or children."

A child exists in the womb. DNA analysis of preborn is conclusive: A unique, distinct human being exists in the womb.

It's called a "Baby Shower" for a reason. Mom has 4-D ultrasound picture of her baby on the refridgerator. Baby Girl undergoes surgery while in the womb.

As early as 5-7 weeks gestation mom can find out "It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

Heck, even your fellow proabort thinks you're acting the fool:

"I already know most here interchange child for fetus. And I'm cool with that." - Katie V.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#304355 Jul 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket, you have more respect & value for Twinkies than you do for little human beings in the womb.

You lack a working conscience. You demonstrate ZERO empathy for those in the womb. All tale-tell signs of AntiSocial Personality Disorder.

“Don't forget to”

smile

#304356 Jul 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket: "If you are pregnant, you are an expectant mother, unless you have an existing child or children."
A child exists in the womb. DNA analysis of preborn is conclusive: A unique, distinct human being exists in the womb.
It's called a "Baby Shower" for a reason. Mom has 4-D ultrasound picture of her baby on the refridgerator. Baby Girl undergoes surgery while in the womb.
As early as 5-7 weeks gestation mom can find out "It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
Heck, even your fellow proabort thinks you're acting the fool:
"I already know most here interchange child for fetus. And I'm cool with that." - Katie V.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Puddles! What do you say to women that have miscarried? Better luck next time "Mom"? Or, God's will be done? Or even something more crummy rotten, like - must somehow be something you did.

FYI, not everyone has baby showers before the event. Many believe it to be bad luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min THE DEVIL 1,250,342
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Knowledge- 243,035
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 3 hr Goose 1,623
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr theOX 6,208
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 hr KeS 201,822
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 14 hr Fart Mower 20
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,828
More from around the web