Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336704 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#303120 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We don't believe in artificial birth control because it promotes promiscuity and is against God's natural laws. LOOK IT UP> You don't understand. Itsa very hard to be a Christian and giving in to what everybody else is doing is a big sin.
You're not a Christian Knutter. And MOST Christians DO believe in birth control. Its only your bastardized version of "faith" that doesn't. Your believes dont apply to ANYONE who doesn't follow your version of "faith" or actual Catholicism.

For someone that likes to lecture OTHERS about sinning, you have NO problem sinning on a regular basis yourself.

Location hidden

#303121 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're deliberately misunderstanding the message, but I happen to agree with you about the children holding profane signs. I have no problem with little girls holding signs about protecting their reproductive rights - but there's no excuse for having a child use profanity to get an adult's point across.
Pro-choice has done itself no favors here - I understand the rage, but that sort of thing is counterproductive.
I agree with you 100%. I guess they thought they were fighting fire with fire, but ended up screwing up their own message. Similarly with the 'hail satan' bullshit. Clearly they were ridiculing the idiots with their useless praying, but to ME, all that shows is that there's extremists on BOTH sides and they defeat their own purposes.

Location hidden

#303122 Jul 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an ex-slave owner.
You sound like a moron.

Location hidden

#303123 Jul 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also told the woman, "Go and sin no more."
ROFLMAO You quoting Jesus as if it means something to you is about as impressive as the priests that were moved by their parishes for molesting children, then going on to molest MORE children.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#303124 Jul 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I could not find any pictures of that sign on any other medium. Glen Beck's publication where it appeared could have been a set up for all anyone knows. A sign made and held by a fundie for propaganda purposes.
I happen to agree with you that using the F word was unnecessary to the point. However, it didn't stop K&P from using her own criticism and being profane with me and Bitner while neither of us gave any comment whatsoever.
Hypocrisy runs amok, imo.
Point. OR, the sign could have been done with Photoshop, copied from the one the adult to the right of the pic was holding.

Location hidden

#303125 Jul 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby Derick
^^No Relevance showing his pedophile tendancies and fantasies again^^

Location hidden

#303126 Jul 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone in Burlington possess a brain?
If you're the norm out there, it wouldn't seem so.
He's not in Burlington, he's playing with his ISP again.

Location hidden

#303127 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>NFP is the only acceptable birth control, the method is not a barrier, does not abort etc. I find you not knowing important issues concerning being pro life, I doubt you really are, you seem to want the easy way out, not working for anything, just like being Christian, you want to Christianity to be a feel good religion or you will go look for something else.
SHe's not a Catholic you moron. Your nonsense about NFP ONLY applies to CATHOLICS and apparently those of you that claim to be catholic, but really aren't.

Location hidden

#303128 Jul 4, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh
Who is baby Derrick??
A product of No Relevances pedophile imagination.

Location hidden

#303129 Jul 4, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
That should read.
DO YOU THINK OUR SAVIUOR NEEDS,YOUR HELP IN JUDGING
I don't
Our faith. Or mine anyway ..Is based on forgiveness.
But you drive people away with your judging .
SHAME on you both
YOUR savior doesn't need any help Madam, on the other hand, HERS needs as much help as she does.

If ANYONE here worships a false g-d, its Knutter.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303130 Jul 4, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Very strange. I've experienced heartache. Heartache from failed relationships, relatives/friends/pets passing away, people who lost their lives in acts of terrorism or natural disasters but I've never experienced heartache from condoms and spermicide. I must've done something wrong. ;o)
Anyways, I hope you, and everyone else, has a great and safe day! If the Cubs were in town, it would be a perfect day for a ballgame! Because they're not, I'm going to set up the pool for the kids and dogs, we're going to get our BBQ on and we'll be blowing off fireworks later on at night! It's beautiful outside and I hope the weather is just as nice in everyone elses part of town.:o)
LOL Yeah, no heartache for me when using BC, less cramping though. That was a major bonus!

Here's to you and yours having a great 4th of July, Michelle!! And enjoy your BBQ!! My neighbors were getting an early start with their fireworks yesterday and I hardly slept. Intend to sleep soon and then hit the platters of BBQ here. Our weather is perfect, too. So looking forward to a nice 4th here without rain for once.:-D
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303133 Jul 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The signs don't bother me. The f-word isn't spelled out, and I doubt those kids can read or comprehend them anyway.
I'm more offended when anti-choicers use signs AGAINST children and make the view images they can't yet comprehend:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/09/14/31...
<quoted text>
Am pretty sure I didn't word my post well, but the point to K&P was twofold. She's criticizing Bitner and me for something neither of us said regarding that sign that offended her so. And she's using her own brand of profanity to do so while screaming about the profanity of the other sign. And failing to admit the PLM uses children in their demonstrations/picketing so often, it's commonplace. But God forbid a supposed PCer does it once.

However, what I said earlier is true. I could find no other picture of that sign in any other medium save The Blazer which is not so different than WND. Plus, lack of sleep or not, I wouldn't put it past the PLM to create the entire scene for propaganda.

K&P can squeal like a stuck pig all she wants. It's her hypocrisy to own, nobody else's.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303134 Jul 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Point. OR, the sign could have been done with Photoshop, copied from the one the adult to the right of the pic was holding.
Exactly! The PLM is quite familiar with photoshopping pics. They've had years of practice.

Hope you and yours have a great 4th of July :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#303135 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>there is a video of the women yelling hail satan.
I was talking about the sign the child was supposedly holding, you moronic thing. Learn to read!
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303136 Jul 4, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. THey're ridiculous. I see No Relevance and Knutbar are hooking up again. LOL Poor pathetic shmucks, both of them.
Glad to see you up and about, Foo :)

Just had this weird image of K&P and NR accidentally grabbing each other's dentures and glasses, keeping them in/on, and going out in public like that. Maybe NR has on K&P's dress and she's wearing his trousers!

Am too tired... LOLOL

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303137 Jul 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I could not find any pictures of that sign on any other medium. Glen Beck's publication where it appeared could have been a set up for all anyone knows. A sign made and held by a fundie for propaganda purposes.
I happen to agree with you that using the F word was unnecessary to the point. However, it didn't stop K&P from using her own criticism and being profane with me and Bitner while neither of us gave any comment whatsoever.
Hypocrisy runs amok, imo.
It was on the news here...but this is, after all the state in a 4 way tie with Texas, Arizona, and Ohio, for 'reddest state in the country'....

Fox News is the next best thing to Gawd in these parts...in some areas, the two are considered interchangeable.

SMH.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303138 Jul 4, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Your son, remember? You got rid of him because you were selfish.
Kuntter, I'm going to bookmark this... for re-posting, every time you advocate adoption.

Every
Single
Time.

I shall have fun with that.

:)
Gtown71

United States

#303139 Jul 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There most certainly IS safe sex; your ignorance of it does not negate its existence. BTW--safe sex evolved BECAUSE the government wasn't involving itself in an epidemic despite its own guidelines. I personally expect very little from the government, especially while the teabaggers are involved.
<quoted text>
Well then that makes the pro choice side even worse.
Getting pregnant years ago from having sex, and choosing not to have a baby is bad enough, BUT having sex nowadays and being to dang lazy to use a condom or other measures and then getting pregnant, then choosing to kill the unborn is far worse.

I still relate it to drinking and driving. When cars first came out? Ok may take a while, before folks understand not to drink and drive, BUT nowadays all people know better and do it any ways, the difference is they must live with the consiquences of their actions. When young women can do as they please and have as many abortions as they wish.:(
Gtown71

United States

#303140 Jul 4, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate slavery...I LOVE FREEDOM AND EQUALITY....don't you?
Yes!! We shouldn't have any laws, and if someone runs over your loved one and kills them, then sorry. If they were drunk, even better, they couldn't help themselves, since the booze effected their driving skills.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#303141 Jul 4, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, the police tried, but he claimed free speech, and said he had right to park there when going to mass. Even the priest asked him not to do it, to please park away from sight of the kids, but he didn't care. Finally, some of the parents, even though they were Catholic and pro-life themselves, took to holding a huge sheet in front of the truck during the time the kids were arriving, to hide it.
Too bad the priest Dr not refuse him communion as to me corrupting little children and continuing to do so ..woukd be a mortal sin and unrepresented!!!

And touch we got chased out of the pool by giant beetles..I have lived n Fla,since the sixties,..never saw anything Chase after humans like that...So much for swimming

And we seem every year..get water beetles,out of the skimmer but theses things back. Looked like stingers in front .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,744,727
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Traveler 35,800
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2