Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
284,241 - 284,260 of 305,178 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Which would mean the mayor overstepped his authority, not that SSM was illegal. Your brain cells die every time you blink.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay mayor of San Francisco clearly side-stepped the law when permitting marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
Governor Schwarzenegger ordered state Attorney General to "obtain a definitive judicial resolution" of the controversy. Supreme Court of California halted the weddings. The Attorney General brought lawsuit against San Francisco.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

AND there are many anti-choicers who do the same thing. That's why it's the woman's decision, not theirs or yours.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>There are many, many women out there are coerced into abortion by the media , family ansd boyfriends. Get rweal, you probably coerced a young woman to aboert. I bet you said you can't aord to raise a child yet, or you were raped etc. Many guys say abort or i will leave you etc. Or a mom and dad saying if you get pregnant , you are aborting. This culture does not put any value on life anymore.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "And what is it you think you can do about that?
... What are you willing to do to help reduce the annual number of abortions."
________
Katie, you have no interest in reducing the number of baby human beings brutally executed in their mother's womb. KILLING innocents is how you perversely cope w/ the consequences of your bad decisions in life.
________
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general 'a useless wad of cells' is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.
"I will not forsake women and their civil rights because you're in love with their fetuses." - Katie V.
"LIFE STARTS when the circulatory system starts on its own and can support life without an umbilical cord. Until then that 'child's life' is NONEXISTENT." - Katie V.
"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery WELL INTO THE FIRST 24-48 HOURS AFTER CHILDBIRTH. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie V.
What do you do..to help.

How about educating young men and women...

Abstinence is great but how about safety ..condoms ..spermicides..diagrams...bc pills which do not allow ovulation..

Teach kids by showing them graphic videos of STDs ..births a nd abortions .at an appropriate age.

You do any thing to promote that .

Or just write nasty on a forum.

What's a t good does it do to an at risk baby in the wee mob..to wish another human to be in pain????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says nobody is teaching "people to respect themselves"? Why not combine both? Like what Ocean has repeatedly said regarding teenagers remaining sex free.
Exactly ...teach them self respect. And get those loud mouthed celebrities THat they look up to on no a rd making PSA S
Saying TH a t hooking up is no t cool or w whatever the. New word is.

A pregnant teen might s pens money on abortion I instead of buying their videos!!!! It's in their interest..

And t he government could do the PSA s as well...if they wanted abortion rare...use MTV and the internet .
Write congress

Instead of protesting anything that could cut down on abortion.

Just point the finger at the scared pregnant woman..in s read of keeping her from being in that position.

I am 100 percent a against elective abortion ..heal t by moms once pregnant are mothers who should be mothers.

But a t least do something ..be for something t hat might..just might m a key abortion a little rarer ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not force.
Oh, and you've just lost ANOTHER bet. Good thing you're not betting real money, you'd be in debt by now.
You are just all-around wrong. As usual.
But it is coercion..And if I was 10 years younger..the co e ricin would definitely have been there from the Father.
I won't go into the awful things he Saud..I have forgiven it...very hard thing and in m y case I had to move away from home.

Still glad there was no Roe then

Any how there is coercion.

And that does impact free choice.

Just sayin..And b e lived me agreeing even partially with knit is not easy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>An at risk bvaby in the wqomb is as important as Foo. Why can
't you understand that?
I never said it wasn't Did I...you never read ..never ever have
I have now posted just now ..right on this page..how I detest a abortion ..even agreed eith you somewhat about coercion.

But you just post your silly twaddle....

But how dies wishing one human pain..help a baby???

How. does reading those unkind thoughts show anything about God's mercy. And the people who profess to love Him..
What about some girl looking in at this forum.on abortion
Maybe wonder let's see what these, people Think????

Go I by away thinking the ones who live God are sure mean..

Or Don t you care.

And what the check did you mean by your question concerning my husband??

Answer me after actually reading. Fir once in your life.

Why would my husband care one wit who I posted to it about..He has zero interest in forums. He likes Duck dynasty and alligator are s lying..go figure.. But what's it to you??

SO WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU MEAN KNIT ????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>condoms etc will cause more immoral behavior. Sorry but teaching kids how to use condoms and such just gives them a green light for pre marital sex.
And you think they dont have sex now??? Green light or not?????

If people like you refuse to let this be taught..YOU ARE CAUSIN G MORE TEEN PREGNANCY ..AND YOU ARE ACTUALKY CAUSING MORE ABORTIONS KNIT.

Think about that...mire tiny babies killed because you and others like you want to think no one would have sex without birth control !!!!!

That woman going into that clinic. Could not even be there if she used birth control

It would be great if no one had sex outside Matt I a he and wanted a bunch of kids..But they don't...And birth cont r ok beats out abortion any day ..for both mom and baby!!!!

That next girl you holler at at a clinic..might be someone you prevented from learning contraception..poor baby ...poor woman..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is coercion..And if I was 10 years younger..the co e ricin would definitely have been there from the Father.
Your being against coercion to have an abortion, but supporting coercion to gestate, is duly noted.
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-------
Snowden releases a new public statement through Wikileaks

For decades the United States of America has been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the Constitutional government it was promised and it should be.

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.

Edward Joseph Snowden

Monday 1st July 2013

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/01/statement-fr ...

----------

==========

US is not powerful today and US could suffer critical damages by just pursuing the Snowden case.
As US is known around the world for spying and hacking, countries are alarmed that they start to over-watch US.

Countries will proceed with rules to penalize US engaging violations of making obstruction to their systems of value, including liberty freedom, jurisdictions and sovereign rights.

Many people around the globe would not protocol to US, while mistreatment and disfavor of US persons and symbols would go on, which could result the imposing enormous difficulties to US on world stage.

The world is uprising when more people will point fingers at US.

As they scold and eject US a lot these days, many countries increasingly criticize US.
At the same time by labeling it as being very bad and a very bad country for committing the extremism, the new world will reject US more and more.

To break International Laws of many countries to get Snowden, will lead to many critical harms and very bad consequences of US.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Your being against coercion to have an abortion, but supporting coercion to gestate, is duly noted.
And you cannot deny that some women are coerced into abortion.
Free pass for dad or the pimps..especially the pumps of u underage bookers.
Great thing for those guys.
I know you feel strongly about freedom of choice ..But sometimes that
Choice is anything BUT. free.
Where is the empathy for those girls and women
My baby's dad..ok I'll say it..told me to go sleep with someone else and pass it off on him..
Also Saud if I tried to go after him..he'd have his friends lie and say I t coukd be anyone's.
He was twenty ..in the Navy saw him every weekend ..thought we e would get married ..as his friend and my friend did. There was no DNA. And I was 16 and stupid..
So tell.me how women are not coerced by the dad's.. if there had been a clinic this guy would have tried to push me into it in a heartbeat..
And then there are the street girls. The runaways..can't make money for those pimps if they are. Pregnant ...But hey let's not have parental notification ...might mess up business for the clinics.
Save a little girl if they followed that one...But then what about business.
How many underage girls have had abortions??? Without consent.of parents.
How many talked into it by parents??
You all are the ones talking free choice...what about theirs???
So worried that if there is an ultra sound for her to see she may change her mind
But what about the other side of the coin????

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't go into the awful things he Saud..I have forgiven it...very hard thing and in m y case I had to move away from home.
Still glad there was no Roe then
Any how there is coercion.
And that does impact free choice.
Just sayin..And b e lived me agreeing even partially with knit is not easy
But it's not force, which was what was claimed.

You forget, Rose, I ALSO had an unplanned pregnancy, and pressure from some family and friends to have an abortion. I chose to continue my pregnancy despite them.

It does not impact free choice. The woman has only to say no. Since she is the one who must make the appointments, go through the counseling, alone, and sign the consent form, no one can force her to have an abortion.

If she allows herself to be talked into it, it's STILL her making a choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not force, which was what was claimed.
You forget, Rose, I ALSO had an unplanned pregnancy, and pressure from some family and friends to have an abortion. I chose to continue my pregnancy despite them.
It does not impact free choice. The woman has only to say no. Since she is the one who must make the appointments, go through the counseling, alone, and sign the consent form, no one can force her to have an abortion.
If she allows herself to be talked into it, it's STILL her making a choice.
Not for the most vulnerable sometimes Bitner. I Mentioned some examples to playa.

So a weak or vulnerable woman who gives in ...It's really her choice???

You were strong..that's not true true of all women..And very young ones .

On the reverse again ..a girl sees an ultrasound and changes her mind..everyone so afraid this is coercion..

But having ND....PIMPS..And family pushing her isn't.????

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
And you cannot deny that some women are coerced into abortion.
Free pass for dad or the pimps..especially the pumps of u underage bookers.
Great thing for those guys.
I know you feel strongly about freedom of choice ..But sometimes that
Choice is anything BUT. free.
Where is the empathy for those girls and women
My baby's dad..ok I'll say it..told me to go sleep with someone else and pass it off on him..
Also Saud if I tried to go after him..he'd have his friends lie and say I t coukd be anyone's.
He was twenty ..in the Navy saw him every weekend ..thought we e would get married ..as his friend and my friend did. There was no DNA. And I was 16 and stupid..
So tell.me how women are not coerced by the dad's.. if there had been a clinic this guy would have tried to push me into it in a heartbeat..
And then there are the street girls. The runaways..can't make money for those pimps if they are. Pregnant ...But hey let's not have parental notification ...might mess up business for the clinics.
Save a little girl if they followed that one...But then what about business.
How many underage girls have had abortions??? Without consent.of parents.
How many talked into it by parents??
You all are the ones talking free choice...what about theirs???
So worried that if there is an ultra sound for her to see she may change her mind
But what about the other side of the coin????
I've never denied that coercion was used to convince women to abort, either by the sperm donor, the parents, friends of either party, or the clergy, counselors, etc. It happens. My argument with coercion isn't that it's one sided, but that the government engages in it with pregnant women seeking an abortion. The government shouldn't be committing crimes, especially not to deter someone from acting LEGALLY.

That being said, women are not babies, incapable of thinking for ourselves, or unable to separate the opinions of others from our own. To let coercion dictate the outcome of a pregnancy, either way, is a choice.

You've often stated that you 'might' have had an abortion if you knew you could get one without going to jail - but you NEVER say you 'would' have done so. The reason for this distinction, is your own WILL: you made the CHOICE to carry that child, regardless of your grandmother's disapproval that you were pregnant, regardless of the 'father's wishes and instructions, regardless of how scared you were, etc. 4 million women a year agree with your choice, and give birth. A much smaller number do not. And every one of them, either way, had the freedom to make the other choice.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for the most vulnerable sometimes Bitner. I Mentioned some examples to playa.
On the reverse again ..a girl sees an ultrasound and changes her mind..everyone so afraid this is coercion..
Yes, a woman makes a choice, even if it's to give in. You have no idea what my age was, or what the circumstances were.

I keep telling you....none of us care if a woman changes her mind about having an abortion. We object to a doctor being forced by law to perform a medical procedure, even if he knows it's not medically necessary, a law whose sole purpose IS an attempt at coercion, with severe penalties for the doctor who does what he thinks is best medically anyway. Whether it succeeds or not is not the point. The attempt to coerce by law is.

Please stop misstating the objection.

And if it's wrong to attempt to talk a woman into HAVING an abortion, then it's just as wrong to attempt to talk into NOT having one. Period.

But still, it's not force.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I must rebut: I am not 'afraid' the ultrasound thing is coercion - it IS coercion. Do you know how effective it is?

Not very. About 13% of women who decide to abort, change their minds, and don't go through with it. And the rest don't let the government's coercion influence them.

Of women with unplanned pregnancies, about 90 percent make the choice to gestate. Maybe 3% allow coercion to influence them to change their minds. So coercion to abort is less effective than coercion to gestate.

Most women carry to term, if at all possible, because they want to.
And I'm pretty glad about that.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Should someone accept the consequences of choices they alone make?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never denied that coercion was used to convince women to abort, either by the sperm donor, the parents, friends of either party, or the clergy, counselors, etc. It happens. My argument with coercion isn't that it's one sided, but that the government engages in it with pregnant women seeking an abortion. The government shouldn't be committing crimes, especially not to deter someone from acting LEGALLY.
That being said, women are not babies, incapable of thinking for ourselves, or unable to separate the opinions of others from our own. To let coercion dictate the outcome of a pregnancy, either way, is a choice.
You've often stated that you 'might' have had an abortion if you knew you could get one without going to jail - but you NEVER say you 'would' have done so. The reason for this distinction, is your own WILL: you made the CHOICE to carry that child, regardless of your grandmother's disapproval that you were pregnant, regardless of the 'father's wishes and instructions, regardless of how scared you were, etc. 4 million women a year agree with your choice, and give birth. A much smaller number do not. And every one of them, either way, had the freedom to make the other choice.
The abortion thing was not even in common vocabulary..I didn't even know what a condom was..I know it's hard to understand a culture so different..women were not lining up for illegal abortions.

We had HOMES FOR UNWED MOTHERS..

And today there are vulnerable women and clinics not so great where underage girls have abortions.

I'd like to think.I woukd not have. Done such a thing ..But if I was a child of this age ...with the same BF. Who knows. I have never claimed to be strong or perfect especially not as a teen

And trust me here agreeing in concept with knit just kills me..But with my background and thinking mostly of the very young ...I have to s@y coercion exists ...And the young girl who out s pushed into one is not Free at all..imo
A
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it wasn't Did I...you never read ..never ever have
I have now posted just now ..right on this page..how I detest a abortion ..even agreed eith you somewhat about coercion.
But you just post your silly twaddle....
But how dies wishing one human pain..help a baby???
How. does reading those unkind thoughts show anything about God's mercy. And the people who profess to love Him..
What about some girl looking in at this forum.on abortion
Maybe wonder let's see what these, people Think????
Go I by away thinking the ones who live God are sure mean..
Or Don t you care.
And what the check did you mean by your question concerning my husband??
Answer me after actually reading. Fir once in your life.
Why would my husband care one wit who I posted to it about..He has zero interest in forums. He likes Duck dynasty and alligator are s lying..go figure.. But what's it to you??
SO WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU MEAN KNIT ????
If you were to choose between saving Foo's kidney stone or mother's baby in the womb, you'd choose Foo's kidney stone.

That's how you role.
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a woman makes a choice, even if it's to give in. You have no idea what my age was, or what the circumstances were.
I keep telling you....none of us care if a woman changes her mind about having an abortion. We object to a doctor being forced by law to perform a medical procedure, even if he knows it's not medically necessary, a law whose sole purpose IS an attempt at coercion, with severe penalties for the doctor who does what he thinks is best medically anyway. Whether it succeeds or not is not the point. The attempt to coerce by law is.
Please stop misstating the objection.
And if it's wrong to attempt to talk a woman into HAVING an abortion, then it's just as wrong to attempt to talk into NOT having one. Period.
But still, it's not force.
No I don't know your age or conditions .But I did say and mean you were strong not to give in ..And brave
I get what you mean.
But what about the runaway brought in by their pumps. Those poor girls can't even say no to the sex ..let alone to the abortion.
I realize I see things through through my own eyes. And what happened to me.
And Except for the girls with pimps..No one is forced..
It is just such a far reaching irrevocable decision..And shame and desperation alone can coerce the decision..
Ok the difference is ..between our sides...you don't care what she chooses..I. do because one it affects the child she is growing but two
She can be a victim also if pushed into ending the life of her baby.
I do know what you are saying on the ultrasound ..I think the non invasive ones should have been standard once they came out ..not the invasive ones.
But I should not have brought them.into the argument.
Had I been pushed by economics ..my bf...my living situation into having one..I don't think I coukd have lived with that decision..
As it is the adoption was hard enough..I was lucky enough not to wind up in one of those homes...But I knew my child was alive..And God allowed Me to be part of His life. Which was a good one.
That would never have happened had I been pushed. And it have Bern another time when Roe was law..
We can survive anything..the offspring in our wombs don't .
And many of us woukd pay a high price indeed if coerced into something we did not want.
Well thank God we don t live in China
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/chinese...
But things happen here too.
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/07/tranac...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to choose between saving Foo's kidney stone or mother's baby in the womb, you'd choose Foo's kidney stone.
That's how you role.
And you did not answer my question.

You insist people answer you.

that's how you roll.

By I figured you would not even read my post to YOU or answer...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••