Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
284,161 - 284,180 of 305,423 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

john k is spot on with that post

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good lord, it's Grandma Walton....or is it Endora?
Either way...
:)
ENDORA!!!

Madame dear friend though we locked horns a few,times let me tell you!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Milady!
I've said this more times than I can recall; conservatives are always against governmental intrusion with the exception of passing legislation limiting medical/ reproductive procedures they don't approve of, and legislation that prohibits sexuality that they don't approve of.
What I find interesting, amusing, and dismaying are the way they're reacting towards this whole Edward Snowden debacle. Most are hailing him as a hero, yet if he'd appeared during the previous administration, leaked secrets about the Terrorist Surveillance Operation, the warrantless wiretapping, then went on a globe-trotting tour to Pakistan, Iran, Indonesia, Burma, and sought asylum in say Venezuela, they'd be screaming their heads off about his traitorous antics.
I remember clearly during the previous administration when they explained away the wiretapping by saying; "If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to worry about." Now that they realize Obama's group are doing the same thing, suddenly it's an infringement on their civil rights/ right to privacy.
Height of hypocrisy.
But but but.... its DIFFERENT now John, its on OBAMA'S watch dontchaknow?@@
Very best for tomorrow my friend. Losta love!
Thank you John and Michele and Cpeter and Rose lol and EVERYONE that's sent wonderful wishes.

And to the sad freak that sent me the death wish via PM? Have a VERY Chrisitan day.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

godless by choice wrote:
john k is spot on with that post
He usually is...and I agree, he was this time, as well.

Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
But but but.... its DIFFERENT now John, its on OBAMA'S watch dontchaknow?@@
<quoted text>
Thank you John and Michele and Cpeter and Rose lol and EVERYONE that's sent wonderful wishes.
And to the sad freak that sent me the death wish via PM? Have a VERY Chrisitan day.
You remain in my thoughts and prayers, Foo.
xoxo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> I am saying United States can't trump God's law. You will find out soon enough, when you come face to face with Christ..
There is no "God's law", and JC is long dead.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You remain in my thoughts and prayers, Foo.
xoxo
And you mine old friend. Always. I may not say it enough, but you're in my thoughts often.

Maybe give me a call later this week? I'm going to be home bound for at least 4 days.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time for the deathscort hypocrite;
The issue of blacks & whites marrying involved one man and one woman.
Maybe this is more to your liking....

http://www.christianpolygamy.info/

Those crazy Christians...always up to something! lmao!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Katie Does Not Read wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster attacked christians along with the others.
Are you so trigger happy waiting to spew your anti-Christian bias that you didn't see it ?
Why would they let 19 men die trying to put
out a fire?
They should just use the airplanes or
let it burn. All of these fires are abnormal.
Terrorists?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That particular CASE was about race, HOWEVER it was ALSO about marriage AS A CIVL RIGHT based on the 14th Amenedment as Justice Earl Warren CLEARLY said.
I GUARANTEE if and when it comes to a SCOTUS case, this decision will be based on settled law - Loving vs Virginia.
As Loving herself said:
" Posted at 03:22 PM ET, 06/09/2011 Jun 09, 2011 07:22 PM EDT
TheWashingtonPost Loving v. Virginia gives hope for same-sex marriage
By Jonathan Capehart
Truth be told, the original defense of marriage occurred on June 12, 1967. Thatís when the Supreme Court ruled in Loving v. Virginia that two people, no matter their race, should be legally allowed to marry. In a stirring video tribute to the landmark case released by the American Foundation for Equal Rights, Ted Olson and David Boies, the conservative-liberal tag team fighting to overturn Californiaís Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage in the state constitution, pay homage to Richard and Mildred Loving and use their powerful example ó and Mrs. Lovingís own words ó to make the case for legalizing same-sex marriage.
As Mildred Loving said on the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court decision,ďI believe all Americans, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry..&#8201;.&#8201; . I am proud that Richardís and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight, seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. Thatís what Loving, and loving, are all about.Ē
As Earl Warren said : "the freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."
"no matter their race, should be legally allowed to marry"

Race of one man and one woman.

So..........
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't relate to GENDER at all - and was about marriage equality as well as race. Period.
SCOTUS has been shaping a more extensive area of privacy around marriage since the dustbowl in the 20's. SCOTUS, via the Constitituion, guarantees that personal questions ó like who will marry (ie forced arranged marriages), whether a couple can/will have children, the use of contraception, abortion - particularly in the first trimester or how to raise & educate kids are left largely inviolable by legislators and government.
FURTHER - Justice Kennedy cited Planned Parenthood v. Casey when SCOTUS overturned Lawrence v. Texas - affirming a "constitutional protection to personal decisions relating to marriage, procreation, contraception, family relationships, child rearing, and education."
So AGAIN we have SCOTUS discussing marriage in regard to CIVIL RIGHTS moron boy.
He went on to say: ""These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one's own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life. Beliefs about these matters could not define the attributes of personhood were they formed under compulsion of the State."
Justice Kennedy finished reading his decision by saying, "persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexuals do."
You're wrong as usual No Relevance. Dig out that undropped testicle and deal with it.
Strikes me that its YOU that doesn't know what you're talking about as usual, and is spouting your usual wishful, hatefilled thinking.
Blah, blah, blah....

...did SCOTUS say marriage is a civil right when SSM cases came to them?

No.

No they didn't.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!
YOU quoting scripture as if it has ANY meaning is about as impressive and meaningful as your priests that stuck 'a penis into another childs butt hole'.
Foo: "YOU quoting scripture as if it has ANY meaning"

Genesis is part of the Jewish faith. Here it is again...

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

By the way, you're a Jew who promotes, supports & deathscorts baby Jews to their death in abortuaries.

You're an Anti-Semite of the worst kind.....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

As Independence Day approaches, and we prepare to celebrate our country's founding, I'd like to offer a few thoughts about our beloved America. The following is an excerpt from an essay by Dan Pierce, whose prose is better than mine:

"...I used to weep almost any time I held my hand over my own heart and sang those certain lines of the national anthem:ďAnd the rocketsí red glare. The bombs bursting in air. Gave proof through the night. That our flag was still there.Ē

When I heard that song, I would think back to all of the wars that made this country possible. I would think of the leaders and the lives given. I would think of the resolve this country had to become a country at all. To simply have the rights that its founding fathers felt that all of its citizens deserved. I would think of that tattered flag, about which the national anthem was written, and I would think about the symbol it was to those who were ready to give in and give up. And as I would stand there enjoying my very free and beautiful life, I couldnít help but always give incredible thanks to our ancestors and what they did for us.

Even now, I still get emotional sometimes. Soldiers make me emotional. Fathers and mothers leaving their children for often years at a time. Putting themselves in the paths of bullets and bombs. Risking their lives so that I can live mine how I want to live it. Risking their existences so that we all can live our lives how we want to live them. Yes, soldiers still get me emotional. There is so much beauty in such open commitment to oneís country and oneís people.

But the soldiers and the sailors and the members of all our armed forces are only a tiny, tiny percentage of the people in this country. The rest of this country is made up by us. The everyday people. And somewhere along the way, many of us stopped having any type of commitment at all to the country and to the people that are here with us.

Our country is just as divided today as it was when the North fought the South in that bloody and seemingly never-ending Civil War. People on all sides of the political fence fight with each other even today, they become angry with each other, and they work to destroy each other and any purpose with which they disagree. Elections are won now, not on who we think will make great leaders and who will change our country for the better, but by who we think will give us the most money in our pockets at the end of the day. Yes, elections are all about the individual.

We are a country that was founded as a great melting pot. We are a natural middle ground for people from every continent to come and co-exist with one another. Itís what made this country so incredible to begin with. Now, we pick and choose who we want co-mingling. We feel superior to some and okay with others. We do everything we can to believe that we are some superior race, even though every single one of us are here because somewhere along the line, one of our ancestors came here from another country. Somewhere along the line, someone in our lineage believed that America was a better place to live. And they fought, and scrimped, and saved, and they came to America for a better life. But now, apparently weíre full, and weíre not a melting pot that needs any more ingredients. Weíre Americans, damn it, and this is our country. I wonder what our ancestors would feel about that.

But is that a cause or is that an effect? We are, after all, living in a country in which the system itself takes from the poor and gives to the rich, and it takes from the rich and gives to the poor. We live in a system where the poorest unite in their numbers to elect those who will make being poor an easier thing to be, and we also live in a system where the richest unite in their much smaller numbers to sway politicians in much bigger ways. Stuck in the middle is the middle class, and they have no real choice but to watch the blood bath and hope it all works out.

(to be continued)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

(continued from previous post)

"...This country was set up to give a voice to all people through our politicians. It was set up to drive the entrepreneurial spirit. It was set up to give people a place of refuge from bigots and prejudices. And in including the phrase "...promote the general welfare..." the Preamble to our mighty Constitution at least indicates that It was set up to care for those who need it most.

But I donít feel like I have a voice.

And I donít feel like my country will take care of me should I really need it.

And I donít feel like this country truly supports my entrepreneurial spirit.

And I donít feel like this country is a refuge to me from prejudices at all.

My voice canít be heard. Not through my politician representatives. Not when the system has pushed to such extremes that itís hardly about the country or the people watching from the middle.

I canít get the care and help I need. Not when Iím self-employed. Not when the country is so divided that it canít even unite and get behind a concept (forget and fight about the details later, just get behind the concept) of health care available for all. Right now I live in constant fear of anything more than a broken toe because no one will insure me. The only reason, I can find, is that I am self-employed and not 22 anymore. Now, some politicians are fighting to bring us a system that will simply let me buy health insurance for myself, and all I hear from the people around me (who all have their comfy employer-offered benefits) is how itís going to destroy this country. All I can think is, well, I hope I donít die because I canít pay for cancer treatments.

As for the entrepreneurial spirit, I wonít lie. It is a fight. The system requires me to pay way more in taxes simply for being self-employed. It makes proper health care impossible simply for being self-employed. I love my career. I love that I am able to share with so many people what I do. And, I often think about giving it all up and going to find a good job just so that I feel like I have more of a fighting chance.

But we all need to stop fighting with each other.

We all need to stop hating.

We all need to stop feeling like we are superior to other people and other countries.

We all need to stop believing that our country is unbreakable and invincible.

We all need to stop believing that our broken system is the only system that works.

And damn it, if we want our country to be great once more, and we want the thought of it to fill us with gratitude and patriotism afresh, then we need to stop making everything be about money.

We need to stop feeling satisfied living eternally off of the government and we need to stop believing that the poor should not be entitled to any of our hard-earned millions or billions.

We need to stop being so litigious.

We need to stop letting businesses control politicians and we need to stop enabling the poor to be poor by making poverty a political game.

(to be continued)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

(Continued from previous post)

We need to be open to greater causes, even if it costs us fractionally more to support them.

We need to support those who are honest, and hard working, and who truly are trying to build something for themselves. At least we do if we really want to get back to the roots of what America is.

The roots of America that screamed from the ground, and are now inscribed on our nationís greatest icon, the Statue of Liberty:ďGive me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!Ē

We need to remember what those words meant. We need to remember why we once were so passionate about them.

And we need to love the diversity of this country.

And we need to become united once more.

And we need to change the political scene.

And we need to open our arms to all.

And we need to let go of the need to mainstream all people into one single ideal.

And we need to continue loving and honoring our soldiers.

And we need to learn to fight the fights worth fighting, and step back from the ones that arenít.

And instead of constantly pushing the limits of our freedoms, we need to use our freedoms for that which they were intended. Our freedoms were, after all, given to us through a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.

And this Independence Day, I hope we all will step back from our current thoughts, and our current situations, and our current lives, and we will all stop and think about what we can do to make America great once more. I hope we will all consider our own part in the downward spiral she has already taken. And, I hope that when we lift our hands to our hearts that day, we will each do so with a new resolve to be Americans. United. Together."

Thanks for listening, and Happy Independence Day, this Fourth of July.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron son.
The wording of Proposition 8 was exactly the same as that which had been found in Proposition 22, which had passed in 2000 and, as an ordinary statute, had been invalidated by the State Supreme Court in 2008.
There was no state law banning SSM. In re Marriage Cases (2008) 43 Cal.4th 757 [76 Cal.Rptr.3d 683, 183 P.3d 384], was a California Supreme Court case with the dual holding that "statutes that treat persons differently because of their sexual orientation should be subjected to strict scrutiny" and the existing "California legislative and initiative measures limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples violate the state constitutional rights of same-sex couples and may not be used to preclude same-sex couples from marrying."
Prop 8 sought to overturn that 2000 ruling BY the supreme court. THEY HAD NO STANDING TO DO SO.
On February 7, 2012, a three-judge panel on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued a 2Ė1 majority opinion affirming the judgment in Perry v. Schwarzenegger, which declared Proposition 8 unconstitutional, saying it violated the Equal Protection Clause. The opinion, written by Judge Stephen Reinhardt and joined by Judge Michael Hawkins, states that Proposition 8 did nothing more than lessen the status and dignity of gays and lesbians, and classify their relationships and families as inferior to those of opposite-sex couples. The court found that the people of California, by using their initiative power to target a minority group and withdraw the right to marry they once possessed under the California State Constitution, violated the federal Constitution.
YOu want to blame this all on ONE "gay" judge, when in fact, it went through MANY courts and MANY judges, INCLUDING SCOTUS.
Sorry you and your kind are so impotent son.
... okay, not really sorry. I find it pretty funny to watch you waggle your teeny weenie actually! LOL!
Foo: "You're a moron son. The wording of Proposition 8 was exactly the same as that which had been found in Proposition 22, which had passed in 2000 and, as an ordinary statute, had been invalidated by the State Supreme Court in 2008."

I told you the same thing in previous tweets, moron. What else happened in 2008? The Supreme Court upheld the Amendment to the constitution that Prop 8 sought. The constitution had a new amendment
________

Foo: "There was no state law banning SSM."

Really? In your own Supreme Court of California quote it says "and the existing 'California legislative and initiative measures limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples violate the state constitutional rights of same-sex couples and may not be used to preclude same-sex couples from marrying.'

(damn you're dumb)
________

Foo: "Prop 8 sought to overturn that 2000 ruling BY the supreme court."

No. Prop 8 sought to override California's 2008 decision via a constitutional amendment....which the court affirmed when prop 8 passed. That's when your gay buds sued state and placed case before GAY judge in district court.

Proposition 22 "was a law enacted by California voters in March 2000 to restrict marriages to only those between opposite-sex couples." Why would prop 8 supporters want to overturn Prop 22, moron?
_________

Foo: "On February 7, 2012, a three-judge panel on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued a 2Ė1 majority opinion affirming the judgment in Perry v. Schwarzenegger, which declared Proposition 8 unconstitutional"

SCOTUS erased 9th circuit's ruling b/c proponents of prop 8 filing the complaint did not have legal standing.

Your gay judge's ruling is the one that silenced 7 million California voters who said HELL NO to SSM in their state. Your ONE GAY judge overruled California's Supreme Court affirmation of constitutional amendment sought by passage of Prop 8.

You are consistently wrong. Your ignorance is tiring.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Wrong yet again. SSM has NEVER been illegal in this country; it's merely not recognized by the state.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
#SSM was illegal in the state of California. The fruit-loop mayor of San Franciso gave the green light for the city to issue #SSM licenses - ignoring state law.
California Supreme Court nullified those fake marriages. Gays sued state, and in May 2008 California Supreme Court overturned state ban on SSM. The Nov 2008 referendum (prop 8)yielded a 52% majority in favor of a state constitutional amendemnt banning SSM.
Gays challenged Prop 8 at the California Supreme Court, but the court upheld the amendment.
Gays then filed lawsuit against the state, and took the matter to the federal court of appeals.....where GAY judge Vaughn Walker was waiting. He obviously (Read: He's gay) ruled in favor of gay marriage....silencing the 7 million voices of California who said HELL NO during the democratic process (referendum).
One GAY judge intervened in democratic process to silence The People.
GAY judge activism. You couldn't get #SSM passed by the people, so you had to have help from your GAY judge.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Best wishes!
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Send you a PM back. Surgery is in the morning, so I'll be around tomorrow nite hopefully! Looking forward to a few days rest pain free! <<grin>>

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

It's endora--agnes moorehead. Ellen Corby played on the waltons. They often competed for role; who got it depended on whether the character was upper or middle/lower class; agnes got the rich roles.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good lord, it's Grandma Walton....or is it Endora?
Either way...
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

______

Syria, NSA leaker top topics of Kerry meeting with Russian foreign minister at Asian summit
Published July 02, 2013
Associated Press
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Brunei Ė The Syrian crisis and National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden are the top topics at U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on the sidelines of an Asian summit in Brunei.
Kerry wants to talk to Lavrov about Russia's support of Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime, which is fighting against opposition forces armed by Western and Arab nations.
The two also are discussing the latest on the case involving Snowden.
As Lavrov strode into the meeting room Tuesday, a reporter asked whether they were going to talk about asylum for Snowden. Lavrov asked the reporter not to shout questions at him.
Kerry then guided him away, telling reporters that the two would be talking about a number of issues.

_________-

==========

Kerry needs to understand US HAS NO EXTRADITION TREATY WITH RUSSIA--THAT IS ABOUT IT AS IT IS ALL CLEAR THAT it is useless to speak of Snowden = Because of No treaty.

There is the only one-sided bias to call an inhumane crisis in Syria because the rebels are fighting.

To call someone to step aside due to the rebels' suicidal violences is too subjective in making the wrong judgment.

That is a non-productive way of approach by Kerry.

When rebels stop bombing, that should be the objective for talks on the table for all people in Syria.

The Russians might have S-300 system and others delivered to Syria.

Kerry should know, so as not to conduct any more biased and wrong views.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,098,852
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min KiMare 226,082
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 27,015
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••