Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#302853 Jul 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And you mine old friend. Always. I may not say it enough, but you're in my thoughts often.
Maybe give me a call later this week? I'm going to be home bound for at least 4 days.
Hey foo, just thought I would tell you, that I'll be praying God goes before all involed today with your surgery. Plus hope you recuperate quickly, with least amount of pain :)
Gtown71

United States

#302854 Jul 2, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "God's law", and JC is long dead.
You're right, in part. JESUS did die, but rose again the third day. Praise The Lord :)

Since: Jun 13

United States

#302855 Jul 2, 2013
If planned parenthood didn't force eugenics so strongly on women and gave them a choice, they would be a lot better off. The Eugenics program at planned parenthood is racist. Founder of planned parenthood Margaret Sanger desired to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit." -Margaret Sanger

Location hidden

#302856 Jul 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
As Independence Day approaches, and we prepare to celebrate our country's founding, I'd like to offer a few thoughts about our beloved America. The following is an excerpt from an essay by Dan Pierce, whose prose is better than mine:
"...I used to weep almost any time I held my hand over my own heart and sang those certain lines of the national anthem:“And the rockets’ red glare. The bombs bursting in air. Gave proof through the night. That our flag was still there.”
When I heard that song, I would think back to all of the wars that made this country possible. I would think of the leaders and the lives given. I would think of the resolve this country had to become a country at all. To simply have the rights that its founding fathers felt that all of its citizens deserved. I would think of that tattered flag, about which the national anthem was written, and I would think about the symbol it was to those who were ready to give in and give up. And as I would stand there enjoying my very free and beautiful life, I couldn’t help but always give incredible thanks to our ancestors and what they did for us.
Even now, I still get emotional sometimes. Soldiers make me emotional. Fathers and mothers leaving their children for often years at a time. Putting themselves in the paths of bullets and bombs. Risking their lives so that I can live mine how I want to live it. Risking their existences so that we all can live our lives how we want to live them. Yes, soldiers still get me emotional. There is so much beauty in such open commitment to one’s country and one’s people.
But the soldiers and the sailors and the members of all our armed forces are only a tiny, tiny percentage of the people in this country. The rest of this country is made up by us. The everyday people. And somewhere along the way, many of us stopped having any type of commitment at all to the country and to the people that are here with us.
Our country is just as divided today as it was when the North fought the South in that bloody and seemingly never-ending Civil War. People on all sides of the political fence fight with each other even today, they become angry with each other, and they work to destroy each other and any purpose with which they disagree. Elections are won now, not on who we think will make great leaders and who will change our country for the better, but by who we think will give us the most money in our pockets at the end of the day. Yes, elections are all about the individual.
We are a country that was founded as a great melting pot. We are a natural middle ground for people from every continent to come and co-exist with one another. It’s what made this country so incredible to begin with. Now, we pick and choose who we want co-mingling. We feel superior to some and okay with others. We do everything we can to believe that we are some superior race, even though every single one of us are here because somewhere along the line, one of our ancestors came here from another country. Somewhere along the line, someone i
.....snip....... needs any more ingredients. We’re Americans, damn it, and this is our country. I wonder what our ancestors would feel about that.
But is that a cause or is that an effect? We are, after all, living in a country in which the system itself takes from the poor and gives to the rich, and it takes from the rich and gives to the poor. We live in a system where the poorest unite in their numbers to elect those who will make being poor an easier thing to be, and we also live in a system where the richest unite in their much smaller numbers to sway politicians in much bigger ways. Stuck in the middle is the middle class, and they have no real choice but to watch the blood bath and hope it all works out.
(to be continued)
EXCELLENT ..neither right nor left..just Americans.

Ideas all of us should be able to agree on.

But how to do it??
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#302857 Jul 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, in part. JESUS did die, but rose again the third day. Praise The Lord :)
So...... What you're saying is that the zombie apocalypse started 2000+ years ago with your fabled jebus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302859 Jul 2, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
If planned parenthood didn't force eugenics so strongly on women and gave them a choice, they would be a lot better off. The Eugenics program at planned parenthood is racist. Founder of planned parenthood Margaret Sanger desired to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit." -Margaret Sanger
"Force eugenics"? Get a clue: no one forces a woman to get an abortion in this country, and the choice to gestate is not in the least impinged by the existence of Planned Parenthood.

Don't agree with abortion? Don't have one.

Next...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302861 Jul 2, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Not physically, but emotionally , yes.
Letting yourself be talked into a decision is not force.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302862 Jul 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wrong yet again. SSM has NEVER been illegal in this country; it's merely not recognized by the state.
<quoted text>
cPeterPrance: "Wrong yet again. SSM has NEVER been illegal in this country; it's merely not recognized by the state."

California's Supreme Court thought SSM was illegal in its state....

...and the existing 'California LEGISLATIVE and initiative measures limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples violate the state constitutional rights of same-sex couples and may not be used to preclude same-sex couples from marrying.'
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302863 Jul 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Send you a PM back. Surgery is in the morning, so I'll be around tomorrow nite hopefully! Looking forward to a few days rest pain free! <<grin>>
Fake Foo: "Surgery is in the morning, so I'll be around tomorrow nite hopefully! Looking forward to a few days rest pain free! <<grin>>"

Meanwhile, 4,000 defenseless human beings in the womb will be chopped to shreds w/ sharp curettes in abortuaries. And. YOU promote & deathscort these evil acts.

You self-absorbed, evil shmuck.

P.S. Those 4,000 babies you support executing today won't be around tonight. You self-centered, unempathetic, baby-killing dry drunk.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#302864 Jul 2, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Not physically, but emotionally , yes.
Why on earth do you so fervently believe women are so weak-minded, that we would 'kill our baby' on somebody else's say-so? Emotionally forced? Really? Would YOU?

If some stupid son-of-a-dog tried to convince me I needed to 'kill my baby' to keep him around, HE'd be the one dying.

Pffft.

You sure don't give women much credit for 'thinking for ourselves'.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#302865 Jul 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Letting yourself be talked into a decision is not force.
Elegant. Should have read ahead.

:)
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302866 Jul 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, as usual, NR is just spouting the same lies told to him by the Religious Right. As usual, I think NR doesn't want to know what the truth is because he's so set on it being what he *wants* to be, not what it is. SSDD
Katie V.: "[Foo] I think NR doesn't wants to know what the truth is."

Awww....Katie is blindly backing her proabort friend w/out having knowledge of the topic.

Two dumbs don't make a right.

The whole dumb is greater than the dumb parts.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#302867 Jul 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Elegant. Should have read ahead.
:)
PLAYA:'That was elegant, Bitner'
_______

The only thing elegant about Bitner is how she creates a stack of Butter 'N' Bacon sandwiches.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#302868 Jul 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
PLAYA:'That was elegant, Bitner'
_______
The only thing elegant about Bitner is how she creates a stack of Butter 'N' Bacon sandwiches.
As opposed to the 'sheit and scab' sandwiches you craft in your basement, from the numerous corpses of twinks in various stages of decomposition down there?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#302869 Jul 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "[Foo] I think NR doesn't wants to know what the truth is."
Awww....Katie is blindly backing her proabort friend w/out having knowledge of the topic.
Two dumbs don't make a right.
The whole dumb is greater than the dumb parts.
Wishful thinking on your part, NR.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#302870 Jul 2, 2013
Dying does not make one a hero--dying in the commission of an act that saves others does--especially if the risk is known and accepted.

Many people have sense...it's you who is sorely lacking in it.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie? They are not heroes.
Giving up your life does not make you
a hero. How dumb. Someone is starting
the fires. Who has any sense?

Indianapolis

#302871 Jul 2, 2013
Maybe you should know what eugenics MEANS; it has nothing to do with the individual decisions of pregnant women.
BiggBBoss wrote:

Indianapolis

#302872 Jul 2, 2013
You get dumber by the day. It doesn't say anything about SSM being illegal.

Illegality means an action breaks a law and has a course of punishment, criminal or civil. Not one SS couple has ever gone to jail for being married.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterPrance: "Wrong yet again. SSM has NEVER been illegal in this country; it's merely not recognized by the state."
California's Supreme Court thought SSM was illegal in its state....
...and the existing 'California LEGISLATIVE and initiative measures limiting marriage to opposite-sex couples violate the state constitutional rights of same-sex couples and may not be used to preclude same-sex couples from marrying.'

Indianapolis

#302873 Jul 2, 2013
And while you whine like a little bitch, abortions are still legal. Every time you post, an abortion is being performed somewhere. And there isn't a damned thing you can do about it, you impotent, self-absorbed freak.

Oops! There goes another fetus....
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake Foo: "Surgery is in the morning, so I'll be around tomorrow nite hopefully! Looking forward to a few days rest pain free! <<grin>>"
Meanwhile, 4,000 defenseless human beings in the womb will be chopped to shreds w/ sharp curettes in abortuaries. And. YOU promote & deathscort these evil acts.
You self-absorbed, evil shmuck.
P.S. Those 4,000 babies you support executing today won't be around tonight. You self-centered, unempathetic, baby-killing dry drunk.

Franklin, KY

#302874 Jul 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should know what eugenics MEANS; it has nothing to do with the individual decisions of pregnant women.
Exactly- it uses force! PP forces abortion on women to "remove the scum Of the society". How could any rational person support that! Eugenics and abortion is crazy stuff from the dark ages used for human sacrifice to demon gods!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Trojan 29,921
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min shinningelectr0n 1,275,354
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr NoahLovesU 247,293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Into The Night 6,849
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web