Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,198)

Showing posts 283,941 - 283,960 of305,074
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Idea. I tell my wife, it don't matter what she does with my "shell", becouse the "NUT" WILL BE GONE! LOL
LOL!! That's cute.:o)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Isn't Jesus a co-savior? Judaism doesn't think God needs a co-savior.
2) The Pope recently said that good works was a means to salvatiion and "The Vatican (whatever that is) said that he was wrong.
3)Does a miscarried embryo get a proper burial?
I would love to see other responses to this, and here are mine:

1) According to legend, Jesus is God, unless one is discussing the Old Testament, in which case, he is a twinkle in his own eye...in order to term him a 'co-savior' one would have to believe in both salvation, and its necessity, in the first place.
2) The Pope is a man, fallible as are all men, and what he says only pertains to those of his faith who give it credence - and apparently his closes minions do not do so. So much for him.
3) Some do, some don't.(I tend to think most don't, considering the unappealing nature of collecting the remains.)
I suspect it usually depends on the wishes of the mother, unless she chooses to let other family members assist in that decision.

JMO

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
"sassy JM"
God forbids homosexuality.He called it an abomination.
Talk that over at red lobster,
whilst sporting a pair of linen pants with cotton underwear...and a spanking new haircut.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only legal to marry in states where it is legal to marry. Just as was the case before SCOTUS ruling.
You don't even understand what SCOTUS said.
Your kidney stone traveled to your brain.
The ruling is that the Defense of Marriage Act was Unconstitutional, and that same-sex married couples can now take full advantage of federal benefits available to married couples of opposite sexes.

I can see why you would believe that means YOUR marriage is no longer valid....because you're a cretin, whose marriage was undoubtedly on shaky ground before the ruling.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really amusing is no one even knows my uncle's name or which parish he's at. I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places. While I am sad at the loss of my cousin, as she was very dear to me, I am happy to know that she is no longer suffering, mentally and physically, and is "free". What was done regarding her remains was out of love and if that angers God then I'll stand before Him and accept whatever judgment He bestows on me come my judgment day.
Lol
Please

Do you think.God will be less merciful to her or unable to find her at Resurrection time.

Sounds like she was not we even responsible for her own actions let alone those of her family.

I think God has a special place in His heart for people such as that.

I keep saying what about the people in the. TOWERS.

all those remains destroyed ..incinerated. And mixed together.

Imo following the families wished was,a good thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You go, girl! My husband wants to be put out to sea in a boat, and have flaming arrows shot at it until it burns. I told him that's illegal, and he said his last wish should be worth getting arrested for :) Not happening, lol.
Ummm as long as he does not insist that you join Him as tradition suggests ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! That would be AMAZING! What an interesting way to go. Whenever someone in my family passes, we always put things that mattered to them in their casket. Things such as pictures, sports memorabilia, ashes of pets, stuffed animals and things like that. When my cousin was killed a few years ago, everyone put so many things in there with him that we weren't sure if the pallbearers would be able to carry him out, lol. We already told my grandma we're going to bury her with her rolling pin just in case she needs it in the "Big Kitchen in the Sky" or to regulate on bad kids up there, LMAO!!:o)
After my uncle pitched a fit that we were not laying my mom out..We had to embark. Her and have a viewing in the cremation chapel.

Ugh. Sorry I hate that..if anyone lays out my body ..I swear I will haunt them ...And I do not even BELUEVE in ghosts!!!'

It a alwayss seems to me I see their fingers are moving..

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really amusing is no one even knows my uncle's name or which parish he's at. I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places. While I am sad at the loss of my cousin, as she was very dear to me, I am happy to know that she is no longer suffering, mentally and physically, and is "free". What was done regarding her remains was out of love and if that angers God then I'll stand before Him and accept whatever judgment He bestows on me come my judgment day.
Good evening "Milady!"

While I don't personally subscribe to any official "faith," I will say that I find those who follow the "heart, or spirit" of their faith to be far more sincere, in their beliefs than those who slavishly concern themselves solely with "ritual."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Idea. I tell my wife, it don't matter what she does with my "shell", becouse the "NUT" WILL BE GONE! LOL
Exactly.
feces for jesus

Roslyn Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Right....Catholic doctrine calls for standing up for the slaughter of innocents....right , you are full of excrement, Satan's excrement.
If are naive enough to believe something so absurd then you are the excrement of your fabled jebus.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you couldn't correct me , you control freak, I know what my Church teaches on this subject.
Who is the one telling everyone what to do, what to think, how to believe, and how to post, Moron? That's right, YOU are. YOU are the control freak, emphasis on FREAK.

I don't care about what your church teaches. That wasn't the point. You can't ADDRESS the point, hence this deflection.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! That would be AMAZING! What an interesting way to go. Whenever someone in my family passes, we always put things that mattered to them in their casket. Things such as pictures, sports memorabilia, ashes of pets, stuffed animals and things like that. When my cousin was killed a few years ago, everyone put so many things in there with him that we weren't sure if the pallbearers would be able to carry him out, lol. We already told my grandma we're going to bury her with her rolling pin just in case she needs it in the "Big Kitchen in the Sky" or to regulate on bad kids up there, LMAO!!:o)
My family does pretty much the same thing, burial or cremation, doesn't matter. Pictures, mostly. My first husband, I kept his wedding band, and placed my engagement ring on his pinkie. His younger sister wrote a poem and placed it in the casket. That kind of thing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, except for me, it does matter that no one takes up space burying the ashes, or putting them in a mausoleum. I don't want that. They can sprinkle me in the garden, the ocean, or just around the backyard, and that won't matter to me.

But of course, you're right, it's just a shell, and what makes me "me" will no longer be there.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm as long as he does not insist that you join Him as tradition suggests ..
LOL, oh, I think he knows better than that :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
After my uncle pitched a fit that we were not laying my mom out..We had to embark. Her and have a viewing in the cremation chapel.
Ugh. Sorry I hate that..if anyone lays out my body ..I swear I will haunt them ...And I do not even BELUEVE in ghosts!!!'
When my sister died, she'd been so ill that my brother-in-law thought the casket should be closed. My mother threw a fit, and he had it open. I have to admit, after days of running into the (to me)impossible idea that my SISTER was dead (even longer than normal, because he wanted all her friends to be able to come to the funeral), that the closure helped.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, forgot to add, when my first husband died, my kids were rather young. His mother didn't go to the viewing, and tried to insist the kids shouldn't be there, either. I insisted they go, and the oldest, who is the only one that really remembers, also says it was closure that she needed at the time, even if she was too young to even know what that meant :) She does now, at 28.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, forgot to add, when my first husband died, my kids were rather young. His mother didn't go to the viewing, and tried to insist the kids shouldn't be there, either. I insisted they go, and the oldest, who is the only one that really remembers, also says it was closure that she needed at the time, even if she was too young to even know what that meant :) She does now, at 28.
It is not closure that we need. We need faith.
We have to believe that there is no death.
If you see him again someday, will it scare you?
That is who God is.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
all of this is completely irrelevant to a woman's right to choose.

speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not closure that we need. We need faith.
We have to believe that there is no death.
If you see him again someday, will it scare you?
That is who God is.
We need both, Arrogant Assuming One.

I have plenty of faith. I ALSO know that death is part of life, and it doesn't scare me.

See HIM? Nonsense, that physical body is gone. His SPIRIT? Yes, our Spirits will meet again.

Which "God"? You DO know that "God" is not a name, right?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
all of this is completely irrelevant to a woman's right to choose.
speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?
"all of this is completely irrelevant to a woman's right to choose."

But not to the conversation at hand. It's very relevant.

"speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?"

I CAN. I choose not to.

LOL, enjoy your impotence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 283,941 - 283,960 of305,074
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••