Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,067
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#302588 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really amusing is no one even knows my uncle's name or which parish he's at. I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places. While I am sad at the loss of my cousin, as she was very dear to me, I am happy to know that she is no longer suffering, mentally and physically, and is "free". What was done regarding her remains was out of love and if that angers God then I'll stand before Him and accept whatever judgment He bestows on me come my judgment day.
Good evening "Milady!"

While I don't personally subscribe to any official "faith," I will say that I find those who follow the "heart, or spirit" of their faith to be far more sincere, in their beliefs than those who slavishly concern themselves solely with "ritual."

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302589 Jun 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Idea. I tell my wife, it don't matter what she does with my "shell", becouse the "NUT" WILL BE GONE! LOL
Exactly.
feces for jesus

Roslyn Heights, NY

#302590 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Right....Catholic doctrine calls for standing up for the slaughter of innocents....right , you are full of excrement, Satan's excrement.
If are naive enough to believe something so absurd then you are the excrement of your fabled jebus.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302591 Jun 29, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you couldn't correct me , you control freak, I know what my Church teaches on this subject.
Who is the one telling everyone what to do, what to think, how to believe, and how to post, Moron? That's right, YOU are. YOU are the control freak, emphasis on FREAK.

I don't care about what your church teaches. That wasn't the point. You can't ADDRESS the point, hence this deflection.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302592 Jun 29, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! That would be AMAZING! What an interesting way to go. Whenever someone in my family passes, we always put things that mattered to them in their casket. Things such as pictures, sports memorabilia, ashes of pets, stuffed animals and things like that. When my cousin was killed a few years ago, everyone put so many things in there with him that we weren't sure if the pallbearers would be able to carry him out, lol. We already told my grandma we're going to bury her with her rolling pin just in case she needs it in the "Big Kitchen in the Sky" or to regulate on bad kids up there, LMAO!!:o)
My family does pretty much the same thing, burial or cremation, doesn't matter. Pictures, mostly. My first husband, I kept his wedding band, and placed my engagement ring on his pinkie. His younger sister wrote a poem and placed it in the casket. That kind of thing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302593 Jun 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Idea. I tell my wife, it don't matter what she does with my "shell", becouse the "NUT" WILL BE GONE! LOL
Agreed, except for me, it does matter that no one takes up space burying the ashes, or putting them in a mausoleum. I don't want that. They can sprinkle me in the garden, the ocean, or just around the backyard, and that won't matter to me.

But of course, you're right, it's just a shell, and what makes me "me" will no longer be there.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302594 Jun 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm as long as he does not insist that you join Him as tradition suggests ..
LOL, oh, I think he knows better than that :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302595 Jun 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
After my uncle pitched a fit that we were not laying my mom out..We had to embark. Her and have a viewing in the cremation chapel.
Ugh. Sorry I hate that..if anyone lays out my body ..I swear I will haunt them ...And I do not even BELUEVE in ghosts!!!'
It a alwayss seems to me I see their fingers are moving..
When my sister died, she'd been so ill that my brother-in-law thought the casket should be closed. My mother threw a fit, and he had it open. I have to admit, after days of running into the (to me)impossible idea that my SISTER was dead (even longer than normal, because he wanted all her friends to be able to come to the funeral), that the closure helped.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302596 Jun 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
After my uncle pitched a fit that we were not laying my mom out..We had to embark. Her and have a viewing in the cremation chapel.
Ugh. Sorry I hate that..if anyone lays out my body ..I swear I will haunt them ...And I do not even BELUEVE in ghosts!!!'
It a alwayss seems to me I see their fingers are moving..
Oh, forgot to add, when my first husband died, my kids were rather young. His mother didn't go to the viewing, and tried to insist the kids shouldn't be there, either. I insisted they go, and the oldest, who is the only one that really remembers, also says it was closure that she needed at the time, even if she was too young to even know what that meant :) She does now, at 28.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#302597 Jun 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, forgot to add, when my first husband died, my kids were rather young. His mother didn't go to the viewing, and tried to insist the kids shouldn't be there, either. I insisted they go, and the oldest, who is the only one that really remembers, also says it was closure that she needed at the time, even if she was too young to even know what that meant :) She does now, at 28.
It is not closure that we need. We need faith.
We have to believe that there is no death.
If you see him again someday, will it scare you?
That is who God is.
worships reality

AOL

#302598 Jun 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
all of this is completely irrelevant to a woman's right to choose.

speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302599 Jun 29, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not closure that we need. We need faith.
We have to believe that there is no death.
If you see him again someday, will it scare you?
That is who God is.
We need both, Arrogant Assuming One.

I have plenty of faith. I ALSO know that death is part of life, and it doesn't scare me.

See HIM? Nonsense, that physical body is gone. His SPIRIT? Yes, our Spirits will meet again.

Which "God"? You DO know that "God" is not a name, right?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302600 Jun 29, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?
"all of this is completely irrelevant to a woman's right to choose."

But not to the conversation at hand. It's very relevant.

"speaking of which, can you tell us what your personal opinion is regarding the procedure of elective abortion ?"

I CAN. I choose not to.

LOL, enjoy your impotence.

Location hidden

#302601 Jun 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh, I think he knows better than that :)
Just thinking those women ..I would have run away.

Umm yes dear. When you go ..of course I won't be able to live without..I will cling to your cold body as they burn me up..yup yup.

Probably the villages way of not having to take care of the widow and get the man's property..wonders who took care of the orphans.

Location hidden

#302602 Jun 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I get that..my dad ..I used to dream he was,alive..maybe if I had seen him I wouldn't.

But I don't want the last thing people remember is me dead..I know hubby won't look..He is even s strange about saying goodbye.

Definitely d not want my grandkids looking at my corpse..

Bill had an idea.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302603 Jun 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously budge emoticons nit all agree .Lol.
Must mean they live MADAME and if course who wouldn't really!!!
Sent you a PM
Trust me on this: I know what the 'message unread' icon looks like. Alerting me publicly to the presence of a private message, rather negates the 'private' aspect of the thing, if you ask me.

:)
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#302604 Jun 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The ruling is that the Defense of Marriage Act was Unconstitutional, and that same-sex married couples can now take full advantage of federal benefits available to married couples of opposite sexes.
I can see why you would believe that means YOUR marriage is no longer valid....because you're a cretin, whose marriage was undoubtedly on shaky ground before the ruling.
I already knew that. Foo is the one confused on SCOTUS' decision.

^^ Anal Andy ^^

Location hidden

#302605 Jun 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me on this: I know what the 'message unread' icon looks like. Alerting me publicly to the presence of a private message, rather negates the 'private' aspect of the thing, if you ask me.
:)
Huh?? They send you a message if you have one?

I look at the top of the page if I think about it ..if I'm here had 3last nite
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#302606 Jun 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to see other responses to this, and here are mine:
1) According to legend, Jesus is God, unless one is discussing the Old Testament, in which case, he is a twinkle in his own eye...in order to term him a 'co-savior' one would have to believe in both salvation, and its necessity, in the first place.
2) The Pope is a man, fallible as are all men, and what he says only pertains to those of his faith who give it credence - and apparently his closes minions do not do so. So much for him.
3) Some do, some don't.(I tend to think most don't, considering the unappealing nature of collecting the remains.)
I suspect it usually depends on the wishes of the mother, unless she chooses to let other family members assist in that decision.
JMO
You don't get the point. There's no fun in arguing using your facts. The real fun is showing that their so-called facts don't measure up to their own standards.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302607 Jun 29, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Why certainly!!

My personal opinion regarding the procedure of abortion, is that only the individuals contemplating providing or procuring one, should be the persons upon whom it's incumbent to decide whether or not it's performed. Not the neighbors, not the church, and not the State.

And for those in the back...my body, my choice...exactly the same way YOU see YOUR medical choices!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Portlandia 1,155,674
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 233,055
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 28,453
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 4 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 22 hr Lora_14 10
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Wed IBdaMann 2,731
More from around the web