Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309852 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#302437 Jun 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Knutter, do yourself a favor and take a BIG dose of shutthefuckup before you make an even BIGGER ass of yourself.
LOL
Like I told her, we know that the non burial of ashes goes against the Church. I explained why the family chose not to bury her. Considering everything my cousin went through, my uncle didn't think twice about going against church doctrine on that. He's a father first, a husband second and a deacon third. He did what he felt was right for his daughter and respected his granddaughters wishes. As I said before, if the Good Lord has an issue with that then He'll deal with all of us accordingly come our judgment day.

And I promise you, if I'm going to lie about something, it's going to be WAY juicier and more outlandish than not burying the ashes of my cousin. Why the funk would anyone lie about that? <rolls eyes>

On another note, how have you been feeling? I hope all is well with you. I'm getting ready for the parade for the Blackhawks tomorrow. We're going and I'm sure it's going to be pure insanity. I can't wait!:o)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#302438 Jun 27, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>
Lol I didn't even know the CC allowed cremation..it did nit before.
They do but church doctrine says you have to bury the urn or place it in a mausoleum. Now that I think about it, cremation is not big in my family or circle of friends but those who were cremated had their ashes sprinkled at various places and I'm not even sure the rest of the ashes were buried or put in a mausoleum. I think that's why some folks chose cremation due to the fact that you can sprinkle ashes somewhere so that person can be at their favorite place "forever". In fact, when my grandma's SO passed away, he was cremated and his children sprinkled his ashes at his beloved campsite where he loved to go camping and fishing.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302439 Jun 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you, Turdite?
That wiki link I left has examples on the right side of the page showing different types of cremation.
"The Assumption Catholic Cemetery and Crematory in Mississauga, Canada, with chimney visible"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation
We tell you how disrespectful you are to people who do not walk in lockstep with you, but you deny it WHILE providing perfect examples of it. You see what I quoted above? The Catholic Crematory? If you can't figure out some Catholics are cremated all by yourself, there is no help for you. Guess you need King Sh*t of Turd Mountain to explain it.
You gotta KNOW she's just going to claim they're not REAL Catholics...

Shaking my head...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302440 Jun 27, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and Katie, Catholics can be cremated, they just can't have their ashes sprinkled, the cremains have to be buried, all the remains no one can keep even a little.
I'm so glad I don't live in your narrow, obtuse, and constrained little cage of a world...

Hosannas may ensue.........

:)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#302441 Jun 27, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you learned a knew word! Did your kid call you that? Hmm?
LOLOL

It's not a new word. You should know, without being told, it's been used primarily by kids. I dredged it up special for y'all. You don't understand me at my level, so I lowered the bar just for you. Maybe if King Sh*t of Turd Mountain explains it to you, you'll get it. Right, Turdite?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#302442 Jun 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta KNOW she's just going to claim they're not REAL Catholics...
Shaking my head...
Of course she will. That's all they have to fall back on...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#302443 Jun 27, 2013
The church has a huge splinter in its eye and an even bigger
stick up its ass. Removal of both is required before most americans are willing to listen to it. Why would your god even care what happens to an earthly hell that will rot over time anyway?
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Your uncle is not following church teaching or are you making this up, maybe you misunderstood him bexcause he could be in big trouble
The cremated remains of a body should be treated with the same respect given to the human body from which they come. This includes the use of a worthy vessel to contain the ashes, the manner in which they are carried, and the care and attention to appropriate placement and transport, and the final disposition. The cremated remains should be buried in a grave or entombed in a mausoleum or columbarium. The practice of scattering cremated remains on the sea, from the air, or on the ground, or keeping cremated remains on the home of a relative or friend of the deceased are not the reverent disposition that the Church requires.(no. 417)

Indianapolis

#302444 Jun 27, 2013
You're such a kool-aid drinking cultist. MOST catholics I know aren't drooling zombies in service to the church; they are living their lives with the church being one of many factors. My mom was a catholic for longer than you've been alive, I suspect, and she wanted to be cremated. After that, she didn't give a damn what we did with the ashes.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Shemade it up, if her uncle , whom she says is a Deacon, then he is in huge trouble and he really should know better than to let his daughter go unburied and spread her ashes around. He knows why you shouldn't do that, look it up in the Catholic Catechism. So she is telling lies.

Indianapolis

#302445 Jun 27, 2013
And yet, the RCC has remains of the saints (including ashes) spread all over the frigging planet.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and Katie, Catholics can be cremated, they just can't have their ashes sprinkled, the cremains have to be buried, all the remains no one can keep even a little.
Ocean56

AOL

#302446 Jun 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
I not only didn't lie, I provided the word of your kind's stupid ass's to prove it. Hell, you YOURSELF have regularly said you'd RATHER your child die and go to heaven than be saved by a lifesaving abortion.
Yep, she sure did say that, and she really seems to hate it when we bring that up.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302447 Jun 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d doesn't care what happens to the shells of our bodies, HE has the important part. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust..... cremation dust back unto the earth that G-d created. Personally, I think he'd be cool with that.
Think it goes back even further than Catholics ..But nit sure,on this.

Don't some Jews have burial at it near mt of Olives waiting for Messiah. And in th heir own tombs in Israel.

I know your people bury as close as possible to the time of death.

And in ancient days did they use missionaries..after a time.

As,I said last post..I think if it matters where our bodies are are if we believe in a resurrection. The Lord God Creator will be able to find us.

But I will insist mine not be scattered.:)

Location hidden

#302449 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
They do but church doctrine says you have to bury the urn or place it in a mausoleum. Now that I think about it, cremation is not big in my family or circle of friends but those who were cremated had their ashes sprinkled at various places and I'm not even sure the rest of the ashes were buried or put in a mausoleum. I think that's why some folks chose cremation due to the fact that you can sprinkle ashes somewhere so that person can be at their favorite place "forever". In fact, when my grandma's SO passed away, he was cremated and his children sprinkled his ashes at his beloved campsite where he loved to go camping and fishing.
Still think it has to do with the end times resurrection of the bodies.

But then God is all knowing ..He knows where we are if He wants to find us imo

Location hidden

#302450 Jun 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL
It's not a new word. You should know, without being told, it's been used primarily by kids. I dredged it up special for y'all. You don't understand me at my level, so I lowered the bar just for you. Maybe if King Sh*t of Turd Mountain explains it to you, you'll get it. Right, Turdite?
Here is lol a much better video on the subject than I gave you last nite..Lol. polygons guy is straight faced funny

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302451 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Bitler stole from the dead, she must feel very, very guilty. I hope so.
I did no such thing, Liar. Your desperation would be amusing, if it didn't stem from such an ugly soul, filled with hate, like yours.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302452 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm......and she claims that her mom was a practicing Catholic.
Bitler? Your Mom was a Catholic. Why didn't you bury her?
Me? What did I have to do with it? It wasn't MY call.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302453 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, my cousin, who's the daughter of my uncle the deacon, was cremated when she lost her battle with cancer. She was cremated and her ashes were placed in an urn. She was not buried. Her daughter has her ashes and her intentions were to sprinkle some of them at a garden where her mother loved to go for peace and solitude.
And as I've said before, when I keel over, I want to be cremated, I want my ashes to be mixed with the ashes of my beloved pets so we can be together forever and I want us to be sprinkled at Wrigley Field and the United Center. Then again, you know I'm a few peas short of a casserole. If God disapproves(On the cremation, not my sanity. He already knows I'm nuttier than squirrel doodoo, LMAO!), I'm sure He'll let me know when I stand before Him come my judgment day
Ah, they're just pissy because they thought they'd caught me in a lie, and hadn't. So, they had to find something ELSE to bitch and moan about. They're acting like my mothers funeral arrangements were MY responsibility, when it was HER wish, and my FATHER carried it out.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302454 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic ones always are. The real Practicing Catholics that is. Look it up.
Still none of your concern, Mrs. Kravitz. Mind your own business.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302455 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Your uncle is not following church teaching or are you making this up, maybe you misunderstood him bexcause he could be in big trouble
The cremated remains of a body should be treated with the same respect given to the human body from which they come. This includes the use of a worthy vessel to contain the ashes, the manner in which they are carried, and the care and attention to appropriate placement and transport, and the final disposition. The cremated remains should be buried in a grave or entombed in a mausoleum or columbarium. The practice of scattering cremated remains on the sea, from the air, or on the ground, or keeping cremated remains on the home of a relative or friend of the deceased are not the reverent disposition that the Church requires.(no. 417)
And the point went sailing right OVER your empty little head, Mrs. Kravitz the Busybody.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302456 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother used to joke that she wanted the urn placed on the TV so that when she didn't like what my father was watching, she could rock back and forth to let him know :)

I don't know why she wanted to be cremated, she never said. Personally, I want my body to be cremated and the ashes scattered because I feel burial is a waste of good ground. If we still buried people in a wooden box that would, with the body, decompose and go back to the earth, that would be different. But they way it's done now, the body's preserved forever. So, I feel it's better to cremate, and scatter the ashes, so that the body DOES go back to the earth. I told my kids that I don't care where they scatter them, someplace nice of their own choosing is fine with me, since "I" won't be there, my Spirit will have already moved on.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302457 Jun 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And yet, the RCC has remains of the saints (including ashes) spread all over the frigging planet.
<quoted text>
Supposedly :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Bluestater 1,232,049
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 5,552
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 238,949
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr Hector Valente 201,809
Seeking financial and lending help or assistanc... (Jan '13) 9 hr Olsen Pole 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr tom wingo 29,760
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) May 17 tom wingo 84
More from around the web