Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#301674 Jun 22, 2013
Genesis 17:20--"And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation."

Unless the UN was comprised of ishmaelites, the children of ishmael had exactly NOTHING to do with the creation of the country named israel. So, again, the bible is irrelevant to the modern world.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was, is, and always will be relevant. Cpeter knows this, just hates to addmit it :)
Been a while grumps, hope all is well with you and others. I've missed rose and spooner as well. Be back later on to check in, to see if there are any conversions :) peace.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301675 Jun 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't objecting. I was ridiculing you. There is most certainly something silly about thinking a simple description is an actual name. And your explanation made it clear that it's because you're too lazy to use your own Gods actual name.
But I really couldn't care less if you want to be silly and lazy. Go for it.
Too bad you depend on ridicluing people for an unimportant and inane reason instead of trying to actually contribute something of interest.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301676 Jun 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning, cherry picker! That whole BOOK was written a different time....a time 2000+ years ago. WE don't need it anymore...just like the Jews don't need to marry their brother's widow anymore. 7 billion people populate the earth now. I think that's more than enough.
Exactly, tell that to Cpeter. He was the one trying to equate it to the needs of today, although the Jewish people are still a small minority.

Indianapolis

#301677 Jun 22, 2013
Abortion was legal in the colonies, and still legal after we became a country.

Why would the laws of any other country be pertinent to the discussion? And no, when abortions were illegal in this country, they weren't considered murder by any means; they were considered malpractice and doctors were sentenced accordingly. the no-longer-pregnant women weren't charged at all. It wasn't that long ago; do some fu**ing research instead of asking idiotic questions.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
there was no qualification regarding only "this country" as it pertained to the concept of an act not being able to be considered murder beacuse it is legal.
speaking of which, since you are attempting to make that case that abortion cannot be murder because it's legal, does that mean that abortion "could" be considered murder in countries where abortion is illegal? or better still, could it be considered murder in this country prior to 1973 when it was illegal?

Indianapolis

#301678 Jun 22, 2013
Your god said nothing about abortion.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only Gods law.
Ocean56

AOL

#301679 Jun 22, 2013
Forum wrote:
You cannot kill a baby.
That's right; babies are BORN.
Ocean56

AOL

#301680 Jun 22, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Let's discuss that if it actually happens. Nobody is forcing you to get an abortion and nobody is forcing you not to get an abortion. You're talking about a hypothetical that doesn't exist in our country. You, on the other hand, want to impose your religious dogma on all women.
That's exactly what sASSy wants, as does the Catholic Church and other anti-contraception churches. Luckily for all women in the United States, we can REJECT the toxic baggage of the RCC and other anti-contraception religious institutions without criminal penalties.

Being able to reject archaic churches means women can also use reliable contraception to AVOID unwanted pregnancy, no matter what some church's policy is.
Ocean56

AOL

#301681 Jun 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd like us to think it's the numbers which really bother you, but it's not the number of 'dead babies' that bothers you: it's the number of women who made a choice of which you don't approve.
All the numbers show, is that that many women got pregnant, and didn't want to be. If you really cared about 'babies', you'd be more interested in PREVENTING unwanted pregnancy, than in obligating every woman who will then be a mother, to take on a responsibility for which she is unprepared.
It seems you just can't handle the fact that women get to decide for ourselves whether we want to become parents or not - you want to decide that for us, and the 'numbers' of women who make the choice to abort frustrate the bejeezus out of your controlling little soul.
Brilliantly stated, especially the last thought. That's exactly what the anti-choice extremists can't stand; the idea that a woman can actually REJECT motherhood and (in their tiny little minds) "get away with it."
Ocean56

AOL

#301682 Jun 22, 2013
persnickety wrote:
women who abort are the most selfish women in the world.
You can BELIEVE whatever nonsense you want, Knutter. Beliefs AREN'T facts, no matter what you may think.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want it. Don't like the fact that a woman CAN reject motherhood? Tough.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#301685 Jun 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you don't support her choice to do it in the first trimester, it's actually YOU who supports her choice to wait that long. For Casey, those 36 months were just another "waiting period"....and you're ALL about those.
How do you like THEM apples?
Well said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301687 Jun 22, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not a chance, most of the women who claim to be pro"choice" now would be yelling that the fetus was half theirs and that the men didn't have the right to kill it.
You keep saying this, and we keep telling you you're wrong. And you ARE wrong. If men could get pregnant, it would be their choice whether or not to carry their own pregnancy to term, just as it is for women.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301688 Jun 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you depend on ridicluing people for an unimportant and inane reason instead of trying to actually contribute something of interest.
Oh I can, and do, both. It's just that with someone as witless as you, who really doesn't contribute anything BUT inanities, there's no reason to do anything OTHER than ridicule.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301689 Jun 22, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Because people would never kill their child in the womb, never would think of doing a horrible act like aborting a child.
Women had abortions then, Moron. They were usually herbal remedies, though, freely advertised in newspapers of the day.

You are wrong. Women have been aborting almost as long as they've been getting pregnant, and for most of history it was simply not considered anyone else's business.

What, are you so stupid that you think abortion's only been around since 1973? ROTFL! You're so stupid it sits on you like a second skin.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301690 Jun 22, 2013
Southern Reaper wrote:
I'm very thankful for birth control. Not only has it allowed my wife and I to get our lives together and see to her health before trying for a family, but it has quite possibly made it possible for us to conceive at all. Birth control has helped her manage her endometriosis and prevent excessive buildup of scar tissue. She would probably need surgery by now to correct the issue, if it weren't for the birth control that some religious people and prolifers put down.
Because of birth control, she is no longer crippled with pain each month. She still suffers bad cramps, but they don't render her bedridden any longer. I'm very thankful for that, and I don't understand why anyone would be against easing a woman's suffering, allowing her to prevent unwanted or perhaps dangerous pregnancy, or treat a condition that could render her barren, if left to advance.
I can't imagine trivializing the health and quality of life of the women in my life, and I can't imagine anyone who has seen a woman they care about suffer badmouthing one of the things that could bring her some relief.
I suppose I just can't comprehend disliking women that much-and I think you would really have to dislike them, to want to deprive them of something that has helped so many of them.
Best post of the day....at only 8 am EST. Your wife is a lucky woman :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#301692 Jun 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good call...
:)
Thank you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#301694 Jun 22, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Thou shalt not kill....
Sorry Knutbar, the Commandment doesn't say that.

WTF do YOU care about commandments anyway? You break "thou shalt not bear false witness" every day.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#301695 Jun 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what sASSy wants, as does the Catholic Church and other anti-contraception churches. Luckily for all women in the United States, we can REJECT the toxic baggage of the RCC and other anti-contraception religious institutions without criminal penalties.
Being able to reject archaic churches means women can also use reliable contraception to AVOID unwanted pregnancy, no matter what some church's policy is.
Someday Sassy is going to have to reconcile herself to the fact that not everyone has to adhere to HER choice of dogma. That will certainly be a crushing defeat for someone so arrogant and self-righteous.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301696 Jun 22, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> Evil has been around since God cast out Satan. Abortion is evil. There also have been wh*res since the time of Noah . Why in the world would you want to kill the unborn child who is deffenseless Bitner? You must be a cold hearted hag.
No, but you're a liar. You've admitted it.

Your lies about me are irrelevant to reality. So are your religious beliefs.

Typical of you, to bring up mythology and lies because you can't refute what I said.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301697 Jun 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
not a playa1965 wrote: "Since you don't support (Casey Anthony's) choice to do it [kill daughter Caylee] in the first trimester, it's actually YOU who supports her choice to wait that long. For Casey, those 36 months were just another "waiting period"....and you're ALL about those. How do you like THEM apples?

Bitner: Well said.
________

Caylee Anthony's life was nothing but a "waiting period" for her murder?

Neither Playa nor Bitner can see the blatant disrespect, dishonor & lack of dignity they demonstrate for human life.

Playa's "solution" to Caylee Anthony's murder was to kill her sooner...kill her when younger. True to her proabort sentiments, Bitner agreed ("Well said").

Proaborts' "solution" is always to kill.

Pathetic.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301698 Jun 22, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday Sassy is going to have to reconcile herself to the fact that not everyone has to adhere to HER choice of dogma. That will certainly be a crushing defeat for someone so arrogant and self-righteous.
As empathy for those in the womb continues to grow, baby-killers like you will go down in history as one of the most evil groups of mankind. Abortion will be made illegal and a museum dedicated to the preborn will be erected alongside the Holocaust Museum.

You will be an ugly stain on your family tree...an embarrassment to those related to you (like decendants of Nazis). You are an example of the extent evil can exist in humanity.

You're a mess..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min thetruth 256,043
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,405,041
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 20 hr IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web