Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314305 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301592 Jun 21, 2013
cPeter prancer-size

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#301593 Jun 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even God implied there was more than one god.
1."Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
Good call...

:)
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301594 Jun 21, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm Sasylicious,, it really doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know what she thinks.
She supports CHOICE, which IS what the woman who's pregnant wants to do. If a woman is pregnant and decides to keep the pregnancy, and that is her choice to do so, Foofoo would support her CHOICE. If a woman is pregnant and decides not to keep the pregnancy, and she terminates the pregnancy, foofoo would support her CHOICE to do so. She supports women having the choice in either event.
My God, it's like you're accusing her of standing outside a Lamaze class holding up signs that read - Abort before it's too late!
Did you support Casey Anthony's decision to kill her daughter Kaylee when 12 trimesters old?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301595 Jun 21, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
and when I say ALL OPTIONS... I mean keeping it/ aborting it/ adopting it etc.
When's the last time you read a post from a prochoicer who initiated a positive dicussion regarding "keeping it" or "adopting it"?

That's what I thought.....
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301596 Jun 21, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
and when I say ALL OPTIONS... I mean keeping it/ aborting it/ adopting it etc.
You've been around here for some time.

Certainly you've picked up on how Junket, Katie & cPeterPrancerSize cannot stand the adoption option.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301597 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "...mothers like (JustMe) are walking on earth when you let other mothers DIE because their fetuses were of more value."
________
1) CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortion the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade.
2) "90% of illegal abortions are being done by physicians. Call them what you will, abortionists or anything else, they are still physicians, trained as such; ... They must do a pretty good job if the death rate is as low as it is ... Abortion, whether therapeutic or illegal, is in the main no longer dangerous, because it is being done well by physicians."
- From article by Dr. Mary Calderone, medical director of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in The American Journal of Public Health, July 1960 (i.e. BEFORE RvW)
3) Estimated # of illegal abortions/yr prior to RvW: 200,000. After RvW: 1,200,000. ONE MILLION MORE DEAD BABIES PER YEAR AFTER LEGALIZATION.
You'd like us to think it's the numbers which really bother you, but it's not the number of 'dead babies' that bothers you: it's the number of women who made a choice of which you don't approve.

All the numbers show, is that that many women got pregnant, and didn't want to be. If you really cared about 'babies', you'd be more interested in PREVENTING unwanted pregnancy, than in obligating every woman who will then be a mother, to take on a responsibility for which she is unprepared.

It seems you just can't handle the fact that women get to decide for ourselves whether we want to become parents or not - you want to decide that for us, and the 'numbers' of women who make the choice to abort frustrate the bejeezus out of your controlling little soul.

You couldn't care any less, about 'dead babies'. If you did, you'd be protesting the number of dead ACTUAL babies resulting from war, starvation, disease, poverty, and ignorance, rather than the termination of POTENTIAL babies resulting from abortion.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301598 Jun 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I admitted no such thing, and I support no such thing. You're another pathological liar.
You clearly indicated that "a human" is in the womb.

You also said "of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort,..."
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#301599 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "...mothers like (JustMe) are walking on earth when you let other mothers DIE because their fetuses were of more value."
________
1) CDC reports 39 women died from illegal abortion the year PRIOR TO Roe v. Wade.
2) "90% of illegal abortions are being done by physicians. Call them what you will, abortionists or anything else, they are still physicians, trained as such; ... They must do a pretty good job if the death rate is as low as it is ... Abortion, whether therapeutic or illegal, is in the main no longer dangerous, because it is being done well by physicians."
- From article by Dr. Mary Calderone, medical director of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in The American Journal of Public Health, July 1960 (i.e. BEFORE RvW)
3) Estimated # of illegal abortions/yr prior to RvW: 200,000. After RvW: 1,200,000. ONE MILLION MORE DEAD BABIES PER YEAR AFTER LEGALIZATION.
"3) Estimated # of illegal abortions/yr prior to RvW: 200,000. After RvW: 1,200,000. ONE MILLION MORE DEAD BABIES PER YEAR AFTER LEGALIZATION."

Hmmm. This one stands out. Bad grammar? Bad info? Combination of both?

Doesn't matter.

Imo, you're as ugly inside as K&P is. And that's based on your treatment of others. Not very Christ-like. Does fit the Xtian mold, though.

Kinda like that twisted version of the Golden Rule of doing unto others as it's perceived they've done unto you.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301600 Jun 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
SHe doesn't get it. I support her right to make the CHOICE she wants to make, it doesn't matter what the choice IS. I dont have to support the CHOICE she makes, its none of my business what that choice is. I simply support her right to make her own personal, private CHOICE.
Two country's are in disagreement over an oil field.

Your freind tells you she supports Country A's choice to address the issue. The country's choices are:

1) Negotiations
2) Imposing sactions
3) Acts of terrorism
4) Embargo

In your opinion, does your friend support terrorism?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301601 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you're prochoice, but consistently speak out against adoption...and choosing life. You are a full fledged proabort.
Pointing out that adoption has its pitfalls, in addition to its joys, is NOT 'speaking out against adoption'.

You folks would have us believe that giving one's born child away is easy as sneezing, and that every adoption goes well. What hogwash. For every woman who regrets her abortion, there are three who regret giving their babies away.

You don't want that aspect of adoption mentioned. It doesn't fit the script.

Tough.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301602 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd like us to think it's the numbers which really bother you, but it's not the number of 'dead babies' that bothers you: it's the number of women who made a choice of which you don't approve.
All the numbers show, is that that many women got pregnant, and didn't want to be. If you really cared about 'babies', you'd be more interested in PREVENTING unwanted pregnancy, than in obligating every woman who will then be a mother, to take on a responsibility for which she is unprepared.
It seems you just can't handle the fact that women get to decide for ourselves whether we want to become parents or not - you want to decide that for us, and the 'numbers' of women who make the choice to abort frustrate the bejeezus out of your controlling little soul.
You couldn't care any less, about 'dead babies'. If you did, you'd be protesting the number of dead ACTUAL babies resulting from war, starvation, disease, poverty, and ignorance, rather than the termination of POTENTIAL babies resulting from abortion.
ERMERGERSH!

National proabort leadership warns against you proaborts doing what you just did, Playa! Cold, insensitive towards the little one's in the womb.

Read for yourself =>

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jan/22/opini...
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301603 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out that adoption has its pitfalls, in addition to its joys, is NOT 'speaking out against adoption'.
You folks would have us believe that giving one's born child away is easy as sneezing, and that every adoption goes well. What hogwash. For every woman who regrets her abortion, there are three who regret giving their babies away.
Tough.
Show me where you and your proabort ilk have posted & discussed the "pitfalls" to abortion.

TIA.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301604 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out that adoption has its pitfalls, in addition to its joys, is NOT 'speaking out against adoption'.
Tough.
What were the "pitfalls" of ending Nazi's slaughter of Jews?

What were the "pitfalls" of ending slaver of blacks?

Do tell.....TIA.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301605 Jun 21, 2013
K. Vandersloot

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301607 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
ERMERGERSH!
National proabort leadership warns against you proaborts doing what you just did, Playa! Cold, insensitive towards the little one's in the womb.
Read for yourself =>
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jan/22/opini...
ERMERGERD!

You think I take my opinions from the organization of 'national leadership'!

Unlike you, I don't need a 'national organization' to tell me what to think, feel, or say.

Go try manipulating someone else's feelings - I'll pass on boo-hooing over other women's reproductive choices.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#301608 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Tough.
Sorry I disagree.. as horrible as it can be giving your child for adoption .

Fir myself I knew he had a life ..which when I felt him move I was glad I could give him as he was mire real to me.

Nowadays with Korney adoption the birthmom can meet the adoptive mom.
This manes a huge difference Imo..

Sad as it is ..especially tot s young girl.

She can know that the sacrifice she made..which id what mothers do..is for her child ..to provide them with a life that she cannot or is not ready to provide.

Its the greatest sacrifice a mom can make ..and it is NOT a fatal choice.

Does it always work to perfection ..maybe nit ..but open adoption is much better Imo in giving mom the peace she did not have with closed.
And again it gives the child she carries a chance at life.

Unlike in my time she can go to school and not have to hide ..

Imo if you create life it is your responsibilty to protect it. Its what a mother does

And sad as ut is ..I did not have to regret ending his life in favor of my own circumstances.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301610 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you support Casey Anthony's decision to kill her daughter Kaylee when 12 trimesters old?
Since you don't support her choice to do it in the first trimester, it's actually YOU who supports her choice to wait that long. For Casey, those 36 months were just another "waiting period"....and you're ALL about those.

How do you like THEM apples?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#301611 Jun 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been around here for some time.
Certainly you've picked up on how Junket, Katie & cPeterPrancerSize cannot stand the adoption option.
Puddles! I knew you would not be able to resist bringing me back into the fold. Adoption works for most - Rose's story touches my heart. What else do you have other than your apparent misogyny and homophobia?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301612 Jun 21, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I disagree.. as horrible as it can be giving your child for adoption .
Fir myself I knew he had a life ..which when I felt him move I was glad I could give him as he was mire real to me.
Nowadays with Korney adoption the birthmom can meet the adoptive mom.
This manes a huge difference Imo..
Sad as it is ..especially tot s young girl.
She can know that the sacrifice she made..which id what mothers do..is for her child ..to provide them with a life that she cannot or is not ready to provide.
Its the greatest sacrifice a mom can make ..and it is NOT a fatal choice.
Does it always work to perfection ..maybe nit ..but open adoption is much better Imo in giving mom the peace she did not have with closed.
And again it gives the child she carries a chance at life.
Unlike in my time she can go to school and not have to hide ..
Imo if you create life it is your responsibilty to protect it. Its what a mother does
And sad as ut is ..I did not have to regret ending his life in favor of my own circumstances.
I celebrate the outcome of your decision, Rose, and frankly, I agree that adoption can be the best decision in a case of unwanted pregnancy. I'm simply saying that not everyone is blessed with the same outcome, having given away their baby for adoption, and that the choice to do so has left many women with the same feelings of guilt and shame that you ascribe to women who abort. Not to mention the addition of fear, about what their child is going to feel, about having been given away.

You think we 'poo-poo' those feelings in women who abort, but you seem to deny that women have them when they relinquish their babies - or beatify those women as having 'sacrificed', as if that somehow makes their feelings less valid, in service to the 'greater good'.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#301613 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>ERMERGERD!
You think I take my opinions from the organization of 'national leadership'!
Unlike you, I don't need a 'national organization' to tell me what to think, feel, or say.
Go try manipulating someone else's feelings - I'll pass on boo-hooing over other women's reproductive choices.
The reason proabort leaders speak out against being insensitive to those whose 4-D ultrasound pictures are hanging on Grandma's refrigerator, is because empathy for them increases. For those who want to kill babies in the womb (like you, for example), empathy for preborn babies harms your cause.

So, please, continue being cold & insensitive to the little ones. You're helping prolife cause.

** pat, pat **

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min OBAMANATION 1,534,394
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr superwilly 258,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Here pharters 33,082
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web