Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#301522 Jun 20, 2013
The religious are fine in terms of participation; they just can't enact laws that enforce their peculiar religious tenets. The government IS secular--that's what the whole non-establishment clause is about.
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad that you even need to be informed, idiot; our government is of the people and by the people who are a mixture of a lot of religious people and some otherwise. Its not just secular!
You won't be able to marginalize the religious out of the process!

Indianapolis

#301524 Jun 20, 2013
For instance, if your brother dies, the best thing you can do is get his widow pregnant. It's this kind of wisdom that makes the bible what it is.
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you believe in any god or not; there's a lot of wisdom in those books. One can't expect someone who names themselves feces to realize that though.

Indianapolis

#301525 Jun 20, 2013
Abortion was legal for the majority of our history. Your melodrama is fascinating, but only an opinion.
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't want a child, don't produce one.
See how that works?.
Killing your own flesh and blood is not exercising any *right* of yours. It's a crime against humanity. A violent, barbaric act. We've sunk to an all time low at this point.
What a disgrace.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#301526 Jun 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Offended" is a poor choice of words. It doesn't reflect my feelings about abortion.
It was an excellent choice of words, as it reflected exactly what I intended to say.

The word 'Convenience' didn't reflect my feelings on abortion, either, but it's a word you apply to your idea of the reason behind the choice for most women who abort.

I'd consider that a poor choice of words as well.

See how that works?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#301527 Jun 20, 2013
Note to worshipsthefetus: There you go. Everybody gets one.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301528 Jun 20, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> You've deliberately drifted from my point.
Nevertheless, our nation thrives on difference of opinions and views. That's acceptable and not everyone goes home happy at the end of the day. Abortion laws KILL another and that's not acceptable, civil behaviour.
History continues to repeat itself and unfortunately it has its ugly targets and victims.
YOU'RE okay with that as long as YOU'RE not affected.
Since is abortion is, and will remain, legal, I guess you'll just have to keep going home unhappy at the end of the day.

Laws authorizing women to exercise our rights to decide whether or not to remain pregnant, prevent women from reproductive slavery.

You're in favor of history repeating itself, in the form of illegal, dangerous abortions. Own it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301530 Jun 20, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> We just keep repeating history, don't we?!?!.
Ironically, prodeath people are OUTRAGED at the evils of the past crimes against humanity but are the first to justify today.
One day we WILL meet our maker...AND be judged...that's all I gotta say.
"...Someday we'll face the pearly gates, and what you gonna say...when that long haired Jewish peacenik, sends your ass the other way??" -Eric Schultz

Eric's a riot.

:)
bcz

Phillipsburg, NJ

#301531 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..I think they call it stalking when you sit around timing people and their activities..pot..kettle black.
And I really hope you are better soon.
no
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#301532 Jun 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since is abortion is, and will remain, legal, I guess you'll just have to keep going home unhappy at the end of the day.
Laws authorizing women to exercise our rights to decide whether or not to remain pregnant, prevent women from reproductive slavery.
You're in favor of history repeating itself, in the form of illegal, dangerous abortions. Own it.
Women satisfy their wanton hedonistic lusts by seducing weak willed men. Without taking responsibility for their actions, these women prefer to choose to the blame their actions on the males that they take advantage of. Physiology is not the fault of anyone, yet these vile temptresses insist on blaming the males they callously use, for the physiology of women, and the ability of women to reproduce.
The weak willed men these narcissistic misandrists take advantage of should be awarded punitive damages for the emotional harm these women inflict upon them.
Furthermore the irresponsible female should be tested for communicable diseases and charged with wreckless endangerment and punished for the diseases they so indifferently and thoughtlessly spread.
These vile temptresses with their contempt for society and the well being of others need to be held responsible for their actions.
The punishment of either the male or the unborn child is unfair, since it is the irresponsible female who is at fault, and who should be punished.
Laws authorizing people to exercise our rights to decide whether or not to use drugs, prevent people from drug use slavery. People want to go to a legal clinic to obtain legal drugs, where they have a better chance of survival, than in a back alley, or at the hands of Aunt Suzie with her Lysol and homosexual rapist thug enforcers.
Our analysis of an unknown powder acquired in a back alley of New York City produced information that may be useful to health care practitioners and policy makers and demonstrates how the ethnographer's presence in the real world environment within which drug distribution and consumption takes place can be combined with rigorous verification in the laboratory. Our results indicate that the unknown powder, termed "morphine" on the street was, in fact, procaine hydrochloride at a purity greater than 99%. We conclude that the understudied problem of drug "cutting" contributes to morbidity and mortality among drug users in ways that are poorly understood and that continuous interdisciplinary monitoring of the content of illegal drugs in local settings is urgently needed.
And you don't give a rat's behind about substance use slavery, as you drag people to prison in chains, as I would know that you are a hypocrite that really just wants to feel a sense of power over others.
Ocean56

AOL

#301534 Jun 21, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
There's nothing in the Constitution that says you have the right to be free from religious expression of others.
You do have the right to free association, so don't go to church or religious rallies!
I don't go to either of those, thank goodness. I also don't want toxic religious beliefs made into laws, such as those banning abortion for any woman who wants one.
Ocean56

AOL

#301535 Jun 21, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
You don't understand abstinence. Kids need more than "don't have sex because i say so and because you could get pregnant or STDS ". No wonder kids don't listen to your kind.
There's WAY more to it that that and sadly I am in no mood to educate you.
YOU educating me or anyone else...now THAT is funny.
Ocean56

AOL

#301536 Jun 21, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
Biggest lesson is that sex is meant for married adults who love each other and can provide a good, loving home and life for that child.
Oh PLEASE. There are plenty of heterosexual married couples who DON'T want children, and who intend to remain childfree (no kids by choice).

It isn't up to YOU or some toxic religious institution to decide what or whom sex is for.

The reason sex is a BAD IDEA for teens is because they have no idea of how easy it is to get two bad results -- STD's and unwanted pregnancy -- from it.
Ocean56

AOL

#301537 Jun 21, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
A pregnancy is not an attack on a mother; no self-defense needed for her, although the baby needs some.
Sure there is. Since pregnancy is a medical condition that can produce a variety of health complications for women, not to mention serious health risks, EVERY woman has the right to defend herself against it. Especially if a woman NEVER wants pregnancy or children in the first place.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. That means any woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want the load of responsibilities and hardships it involves. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#301538 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since is abortion is, and will remain, legal, I guess you'll just have to keep going home unhappy at the end of the day.
They figure if a woman has to put her health in danger, she won't do it, and if she does and something happens to her, she deserves it.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#301539 Jun 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the point. His god and your god are the same Christian god.
So it's no surprise that he uses the Spanish word for the CHRISTIAN god, and not the word Buddha, or the word Shiva, or the word Allah... which are not Christian gods.
(Yeah, I know....that's a really tough concept, and a bunch more words. Deal with it.)
Listen, Allah is the God of Abraham, Jehovah is the God of Abraham and Christ, we believe is the Son of the God of Abraham. There is only one God no matter what you call Him. Deal with it yourself.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#301540 Jun 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who objected? I just pointed out that "God" is not a name. Your laziness is no skin off my nose.
You did as though there was someting wrong by calling him God.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#301541 Jun 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
For instance, if your brother dies, the best thing you can do is get his widow pregnant. It's this kind of wisdom that makes the bible what it is.
<quoted text>
Written for a different time when population was important for the future of the Jewish nation and as a defense against invasion from other nations.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#301542 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one God no matter what you call Him. Deal with it yourself.
Evidence and facts remains your enemy

Now go back to wrongly claiming that English is the national language of the US.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#301543 Jun 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You did as though there was someting wrong by calling him God.
I wasn't objecting. I was ridiculing you. There is most certainly something silly about thinking a simple description is an actual name. And your explanation made it clear that it's because you're too lazy to use your own Gods actual name.

But I really couldn't care less if you want to be silly and lazy. Go for it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301544 Jun 21, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Women satisfy their wanton hedonistic lusts by seducing weak willed men. Without taking responsibility for their actions, these women prefer to choose to the blame their actions on the males that they take advantage of. Physiology is not the fault of anyone, yet these vile temptresses insist on blaming the males they callously use, for the physiology of women, and the ability of women to reproduce.
The weak willed men these narcissistic misandrists take advantage of should be awarded punitive damages for the emotional harm these women inflict upon them.
Furthermore the irresponsible female should be tested for communicable diseases and charged with wreckless endangerment and punished for the diseases they so indifferently and thoughtlessly spread.
These vile temptresses with their contempt for society and the well being of others need to be held responsible for their actions.
The punishment of either the male or the unborn child is unfair, since it is the irresponsible female who is at fault, and who should be punished.
Laws authorizing people to exercise our rights to decide whether or not to use drugs, prevent people from drug use slavery. People want to go to a legal clinic to obtain legal drugs, where they have a better chance of survival, than in a back alley, or at the hands of Aunt Suzie with her Lysol and homosexual rapist thug enforcers.
Our analysis of an unknown powder acquired in a back alley of New York City produced information that may be useful to health care practitioners and policy makers and demonstrates how the ethnographer's presence in the real world environment within which drug distribution and consumption takes place can be combined with rigorous verification in the laboratory. Our results indicate that the unknown powder, termed "morphine" on the street was, in fact, procaine hydrochloride at a purity greater than 99%. We conclude that the understudied problem of drug "cutting" contributes to morbidity and mortality among drug users in ways that are poorly understood and that continuous interdisciplinary monitoring of the content of illegal drugs in local settings is urgently needed.
And you don't give a rat's behind about substance use slavery, as you drag people to prison in chains, as I would know that you are a hypocrite that really just wants to feel a sense of power over others.
I'm not only a member of NARAL, but a member of NORML.

Try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min ChristineM 232,922
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min woodtick57 1,154,316
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 7 hr LonePalm 2,696
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 28,405
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr Joe fortuna 201,179
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Sat Roy the Boy 691
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web