Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
282,761 - 282,780 of 305,081 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Foo considers those all "medical decisions".
Really? Show us where I said it consider them all "medical decisions".

Oh wait, you cant, since you're LYING again.

It would be nice if you learned to stop trying to put YOUR ridiculous spins on what others say. You ONLY make yourself look stupider than usual.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
She's pro-CHOICE in supporting whatever the pregnant woman wants to do..... k? OKAY?
SHe doesn't get it. I support her right to make the CHOICE she wants to make, it doesn't matter what the choice IS. I dont have to support the CHOICE she makes, its none of my business what that choice is. I simply support her right to make her own personal, private CHOICE.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you mention animals as my grandma was raised in the country. The family had farmland in Texas and Mexico. But when it came to talking about human sex and all that jazz, they didn't have discussions about that. It was basically "Don't do it until you're married" and it was the end of the discussion. There really was no detailed discussions or detailed explanations for their beliefs and you didn't question what you were told.
Even to this day, my grandma doesn't like to talk about those things and some of the most hilarious discussions with my grandma involves those subjects. She damn near died of shock when I sent my SO on a Kotex run. She was like: "You can't send him out to the store to buy THAT!" and I was like: "If you're sending him out to the store to buy you some Dulcolax because you can't poop, he can bring back some damn pads!" and that's when she breaks out the infamous chancla and flings it my way, LMAO!! And you can't get her started about sex. She refers to it as "being filthy with each other". As in: "When I stay at your aunt and uncle's house, I don't even dare go into the basement when they're down there because only God knows what kind of filthy things they're doing to each other down there!", I swear, my Gram's a trip!!:o)
Lol
Grandma told us she sent my uncle yo the pharmacy ..with a list I think.for the pharmacist ..he was pretty young.

On the lust was noted..She told him it was,for a sore throat..And wore one around her neck to prove it..lol

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Show us where I said it consider them all "medical decisions".
Oh wait, you cant, since you're LYING again.
It would be nice if you learned to stop trying to put YOUR ridiculous spins on what others say. You ONLY make yourself look stupider than usual.

Gm

foo

Any better?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
SHe doesn't get it. I support her right to make the CHOICE she wants to make, it doesn't matter what the choice IS. I dont have to support the CHOICE she makes, its none of my business what that choice is. I simply support her right to make her own personal, private CHOICE.
No, she doesn't understand. That's because she's dumb as a box of hair. AND, she took what Rachel was saying, and twisted it to suit her agenda. THAT'S because she's dishonest as the day is long.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers for the most recent reporting year are around 4M live births annually to about 800K induced abortions annually. There is a net gain of one person every 13 seconds in the USA.
http://www.census.gov/popclock/
"Results: A total of 784,507 abortions were reported to CDC for 2009. Of these abortions, 772,630 (98.5%) were from the 45 reporting areas that provided data every year during 20002009. Among these same 45 reporting areas, the abortion rate for 2009 was 15.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 1544 years, and the abortion ratio was 227 abortions per 1,000 live births. Compared with 2008, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2009 decreased 5%, representing the largest single year decrease for the entire period of analysis. The abortion ratio decreased 2%. From 2000 to 2009, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 6%, 7%, and 8%, respectively, to the lowest levels for 20002009."
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss61...
Please note the number of annual abortions decreased 5% for the last reporting year of 2009. This is good news.
Agree that if the numbers Abercrombie good news.

Playa. Each and every abortion done ...still ending a human life

Maybe more women and men are being safe..

Still thinkthink celebs coukd do a great public service with the message,HOOKING UP IS NOT GOOD..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still thinkthink celebs coukd do a great public service with the message,HOOKING UP IS NOT GOOD..
Over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. And only 18% are done on teens. Where does "hooking up" fit in there?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>She NEEDS a man to get pregnant. The man PROVIDES the sperm.
Come ON already.
Unless there is such thing as sperm not from a man that I don't know about?
Look up "cloning"!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

........Lol if the numbers are down. It's good news.

(Maybe Abercrombie is Madame secret love ..No idea where he came from )

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. And only 18% are done on teens. Where does "hooking up" fit in there?
They get stupid ideas as kids. Lose all respects t that a woman should have for her body..And can get diseases.

So because teen sex is only one fifth of the abortion s its nit relevant??

No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Frigit is being cold without affection.
Medical frigidity is refusing to have sex under any circumstances.

Mental midgetry, thy nick is 'forum'.

Next...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They get stupid ideas as kids. Lose all respects t that a woman should have for her body..And can get diseases.
So because teen sex is only one fifth of the abortion s its nit relevant??
No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo
No one said teen sex is only one fifth of abortions. What I said is that teens have less than one fifth of the abortions. AND, that over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. Which means that "hooking up" is not the problem.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.
Exactly.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Furthermore, many people regret getting divorced....let's make divorce illegal. OR, since many people regret getting married, let's make marriage illegal.

There are people who regret having kids, let's make childbirth illegal, huh? No?
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
Rose, you just don't seem to get it. NO method of contraception on the market is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. The better ones may have effectiveness percentages of 95% and higher, but NONE of them are 100%. Not every woman wants to remain celibate to avoid the unwanted outcome of sex.

That means a woman can still get pregnant, for one or more reasons, while using reliable contraception. If a pregnancy happens, it is EACH woman's decision whether to continue that pregnancy or not. Whatever her decision may be, it is still HER decision and no one else's.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.
Playa you know,darn well I am not speaking of a,pregnancy situation that could end the mother's life.

I have made it very clear on here. If a woman's life is in danger. It the babies YOU GET WHATEVER emergency care is needed.
And one hopes to heaven that if a woman is,toxic she is in a hospital and not in an abortion clinic.

I coukd not have made that clearer. No carrying dead babies..No stroking out from high blood pressure..Or complications from diabetes.

Not talking about any of that as a person with a brain does whatever it takes to save that which can be saved..Hopefully both of them

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you just don't seem to get it. NO method of contraception on the market is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. The better ones may have effectiveness percentages of 95% and higher, but NONE of them are 100%. Not every woman wants to remain celibate to avoid the unwanted outcome of sex.
That means a woman can still get pregnant, for one or more reasons, while using reliable contraception. If a pregnancy happens, it is EACH woman's decision whether to continue that pregnancy or not. Whatever her decision may be, it is still HER decision and no one else's.
Of course I know,nothing is,100 percent unless you are either celibate or get your tubes tied it a hysterectomy.

What I keep harping on ..Is that in this day and age..It's irresponsible for them to not even use it..And for a woman who has had an abortion ..to then nit use protection it's,downright crazy. She has to have had at least one contact eith a family planning clinic...unless they did no preventive counselling after the abortion. And do not give prescriptions,for BC??

If they got educated. And used birth control correctly there would be less unwanted pregnancies,and children.

PP was the beacon in the sixties for our equality..

Now,abortion is the flag of the women's political agenda..

With equality. cones responsibility.

That's my point..because as much as I abhor for many reasons this,culture in which ending the life if ones own child is normal..I
Also know that ROE will not be overturned..

So getting rid of these,numbers is a secondary goal that should be in place if indeed our politicians want abortion to be Rare..which I do not believe for a minute

But that's imo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Abortion is a solid back up plan. ADULT women take birth control and don't know HOW to use it or what interferes with it? That is really dumb. I don't take the pill or use any artificial means and even I know that.
It's irresponsible behavior. Abortion is taught as a womans decision and so....50 million abortions later...it's convenient. I'd hardly call them "oops" pregnancies. Let's face it,if abortion was illegal as of tommorow,I'd bet my life there wouldn't be all the "oopsy" irresponsible acts of abortions. ADULTS can't "get it right" but expect teenagers to? NOT gonna happen.
To shift the subject back to the pill given a woman a false sense of security,..when I was a teenager,I had sex education in my school. We learned it all about b/c. You know what it did for the kids in the class the way it was taught? Sex feels good. People want sex. It's natural. ALL you need to do if you want to have sex is to use b/c. You're parents might not approve so use it anyway. Honestly, I walked out of that class thinking "hmmm....an adult saying this is fun and you could be safe"""" "...
It didn't have the positive influence people thought. Our school still had high rates of teenage pregnancy and throughout the years,many girls who had abortions.
My friend in the class,went out,got on birth control and had sex with MANY guys through out her life.. At the time,It seemed so alluring knowing that she got to have all this sex with these cute guys and she will NEVER EVER EVER get pregnant. Seemed so simple.
She did get pregnant and she has a STD.
Another girl I know has cervical cancer and is dying due to her "fun" days of carefree sex while being "protected".
We get it already...you're better and smarter than everyone else and you know everything about everything, so can we open some windows now and finally clear the stench of your arrogance out of the room?

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said teen sex is only one fifth of abortions. What I said is that teens have less than one fifth of the abortions. AND, that over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. Which means that "hooking up" is not the problem.
If teens are having one fifth of the abortions ..some of it is likely due to hooking up in one way or another..And hooking up has more pitfalls than abortion.Imo

What mom wants that fir her kid..Oh say how many guys are you going to take on tonite dear??

Oh son go out and sow your wild oats with as many girls as you can get??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min paddyomalley 1,079,364
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Aura Mytha 224,069
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 56 min Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 7 hr RICK SERVICE 26
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••