Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313676 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#300918 Jun 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Today's special: Word salad.
Having a baby can be a problem on many levels--economic, physical, professional, etc. Women are certainly able to see their OWN problems without outside help.
Many people are too immature to be good parents; doesn't stop them, though. And everyone else has to deal with their failures.
Many girls give away kids they know they cannot raise properly. Many girls are persuaded to give away kids as well.
Daycare is an entirely different subject.
<quoted text>
And if men woukd follow your example ...in using protection correctly there would be fewer diseases and unplanned pregnancies imo

Men get a really free pass on responsibility here.sure baby ..go get rid of it
And maybe they are pressured that way to abort too.

But unlike in decades past..a woman can usually go after them financially. And should not get an abortion just because she can't do it alone.

Many mothers alone make good parents

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300919 Jun 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Am familiar with that... but apply it to the Religious Right. These evangelists are not what they appear to be. That's why they're referred to as talibangelists.
I first became aware of the Religious Right during the Terri Schiavo fiasco. Have done a lot of research on it. The two people connected to Roe of Roe v Wade are the same two connected to the late Mrs. Schiavo's parents/families. Randall Terry, formerly of Operation Rescue, and Father Pavone,(might be formerly) of Priests for Life.
These people are not good, Rose. And claim everything they do is in the name of God, of Jesus. You seem to doubt what I write, but it is easily backed up with just a smidgeon of a Google or Bing search.
So, yeah, first they came... and everyone focused on developing embryos and fetuses while ignoring the dismantling of all they'd known since the end of WWII.
Sorry but there are many radical left wings organizations I would wish not to exist. But sending the I R S after them is like having a much less freedom of speech country.

First the Tea Party ..And the PRO ISRAEL groups...whose next if they have free reign to silence one..someone will come along and silence another.

And who will scream if all are silenced.

Those private political Left groups are all over these elections ...I personally detest all political ads ..But the other side should be free to annoy us with them just as much.

And it was nit just 2people at a low level doing this..scapegoats

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#300920 Jun 18, 2013
"Sociopath"? Don't use terms you don't understand.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Not intentionally killing innocent human beings is the standard for all. Only sociopaths support dismembering & executing baby humans in utero.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#300921 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And legislators are just lining up to outlaw miscarriages??
Semantics.
Google women who've miscarried in the countries where abortion is illegal. Where some of the miscarriages are doubted and women have been charged with the crime of abortion.

If it happens there, it will happen here. Just like women dying because abortion is not performed in emergency situations even with the woman's health clause in place. Like the Indian Dentist in Ireland recently. Who was already miscarrying, but fetal heartbeat prevented the physicians from treating the woman with a life-saving abortion. And they both died.

That's the tragedy of criminalized abortion. Not only does the fetus die, so does the woman. And children are left motherless husbands without wives. It's senseless.

But their reasoning is that both woman and fetus deserve protection. Protection from what? Living?
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#300922 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but there are many radical left wings organizations I would wish not to exist. But sending the I R S after them is like having a much less freedom of speech country.
First the Tea Party ..And the PRO ISRAEL groups...whose next if they have free reign to silence one..someone will come along and silence another.
Those private political Left groups are all over these elections ...I personally detest all political ads ..But the other side should be free to annoy us with them just as much.
None of the above addresses a single point I made about the Religious Right. They are the ones behind what you're posting above... Research it or be a puppet. Your choice.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#300923 Jun 18, 2013
The current IRS non-scandal involves right-wing groups applying for tax-exempt status. One stipulation of that status is that the group not endorse political candidates...but what else do most of these groups do?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#300924 Jun 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What does fighting to stop self-absorbed psychopaths like you from executing defenseless babies have to do w/ religion?
What does your nonsensical nonquestion have to do with what was written in my post? Why did you bothered to respond when it only wastes time?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300926 Jun 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the above addresses a single point I made about the Religious Right. They are the ones behind what you're posting above... Research it or be a puppet. Your choice.
The Religious Right no matter how much you hate them ..does not run the I R S. Not are they hacking reporters or listening in on phone calls of people whom coukd not possibly be terrorists..just people who disagree.

I know you don't want a theocracy
.Neither do I..But I also don't want a party in power stopping freedom of speech and belief.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#300927 Jun 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the doc. And apparently paid them $350 for an xray that told me what I already knew, the stone is still there. LOL Yay. Next I go on the 25th, and if its still there then, I go for a surgery where they will remove it manually. Its in a position where it can't be "blasted", so literally manually it is. Its laproscopic, but y'know, surgery is surgery and I want to avoid it if I can.
Anyone know any old home remedies to make that sucker come out?
It stinks that they are making you wait that long-maybe it's time to check with a different urologist.

Location hidden

#300928 Jun 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, and I thank you for that honor, and it IS an honor for me!
Thanks foo.

Location hidden

#300929 Jun 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And sadly, thats always the way isn't it? Think about it, how many women have utilized GOOD ones, but we dont hear about it? And its not just CPC's, health clnics that do abortions are not dissimilar, we hear the BAD things, and on both sides, many dont WANT to acknowledge that good DOES happen at some of BOTH kinds of places.
When I had such a wonderful experience with the great CPC in Glen Burnie Md that time, it propelled me to work actively to shut down the BAD ones, and I am very proud to have worked toward changing the laws in Md, which forced the closing of MOST of the dishonest, manipulative ones there. Similarly, I'd work JUST as hard to close horriffic clinics like Gosnell's was.
It's too bad that that each side denies the bad on their side. They should acknowledge it and force them to change.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#300930 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Right no matter how much you hate them ..does not run the I R S. Not are they hacking reporters or listening in on phone calls of people whom coukd not possibly be terrorists..just people who disagree.
I know you don't want a theocracy
.Neither do I..But I also don't want a party in power stopping freedom of speech and belief.
Then why your denial regarding the Religious Right?

Here's something for you. In my research, I'd thought for a long time that former President Reagan let them into the game of politics, bypassing the separation of church and state. But I've recently read that *they* were behind his election, were providing a lot of the cash needed to run a campaign.

Have you noticed these days it takes millions to campaign for office? Have you ever asked yourself WHY?

Who do you think the power behind "stopping of freedom of speech and belief..." actually is? Follow the money, Rose.

Besides, just like "anti-abortion rights", every woman already has these under Roe v Wade. Nobody in this country is ever forced to abort. If or when it happens, there is legal recourse because it's criminal.

Right now, in this country, you have freedom of speech and belief. Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. The other side of the coin.

Who do you think is trying to remove this freedom from religion? If you guessed the Religious Right, you'd be correct.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#300931 Jun 18, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We probably don't know the whole story or what was in her contract. the press won't print the real story, they don't like it if the Church is right. What would you say if that man went and killed six teachers and twenty students ? People take extra precautions now.
You don't know the 'whole story' behind any woman's choice to abort, but you call it "murder" anyway.

Yet you DO know a large part, of the 'whole story' regarding pedophilia among the Catholic priesthood,(and whatever story the higher echelons of Catholicism are currently denying), but you support the priests and the decisions to relocate them so they could molest more of those 'precious babies' you mewl about...oh, wait...
you don't give a puddle of piss about 'babies'...not the born ones, anyhow.....it's all about the fetus for you.

Location hidden

#300932 Jun 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true AND its not fair Sue.
Like CPC's, clinics that do abortions are NOT all bad, that's simply a fact. That they happen to do a procedure you dont approve of is immaterial, and its not fair to paint them all with the same brush, just as its not fair when people try to paint CPCs with that same brush.
The vast majority of poeple that work at health clinics that do abortions (there are very few clinics that ONLY do abortions BTW, the BULK deal with all kinds of health issues) are in the same medical field you are, and are just as dedicated to health care that you are as well. They simply have different view, ideals and perhaps values as it pertains to the rights of people to make their own medical choices.
I disagree. Abortion "clinics" have worked long and hard at dehumanizing the fetus and denying that there is a human life that is killed during every abortion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300934 Jun 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The current IRS non-scandal involves right-wing groups applying for tax-exempt status. One stipulation of that status is that the group not endorse political candidates...but what else do most of these groups do?
<quoted text>
Sorry but look at these groups . They are specifically for political purpose. And they are ALL biased. And the I R S admitted it was wrong in treating the TEA PARTY and Pro Israel groups,in such a way as to hold up the status.

Personally I don't like them but actually the DEMS,started a good deal of them in the 2004 election . Big money in the 527 and 501 groups

One should be treated the same as the other.
Imo

This was Not a religious thing.

How about this politicians who give speeches in Church..But that is another whole thing

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#300935 Jun 18, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Abortion "clinics" have worked long and hard at dehumanizing the fetus and denying that there is a human life that is killed during every abortion.
Nonsense. That's just what you want to see.
Ocean56

AOL

#300936 Jun 18, 2013
persnickety wrote:
The pill is giving young girls the green light to have sex before they should which leads to abortion.
More NONSENSE. The pill also gives adult WOMEN the freedom to have sex whether they're married or not. It's not up to you or a backward religious institution to decide when a woman "should" have sex.

Not all women wait until marriage to have sex, and not all married want children. There are quite a few married heterosexual CHILDFREE couples out there who never want kids. Try living in the 21st century for a change, not the fifteenth.
Ocean56

AOL

#300937 Jun 18, 2013
"Not all women wait until marriage to have sex, and not all married want children."

Oops; that last part should have said "not all married women want children." My bad.:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300938 Jun 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why your denial regarding the Religious Right?
Here's something for you. In my research, I'd thought for a long time that former President Reagan let them into the game of politics, bypassing the separation of church and state. But I've recently read that *they* were behind his election, were providing a lot of the cash needed to run a campaign.
Have you noticed these days it takes millions to campaign for office? Have you ever asked yourself WHY?
Who do you think the power behind "stopping of freedom of speech and belief..." actually is? Follow the money, Rose.
Besides, just like "anti-abortion rights", every woman already has these under Roe v Wade. Nobody in this country is ever forced to abort. If or when it happens, there is legal recourse because it's criminal.
Right now, in this country, you have freedom of speech and belief. Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. The other side of the coin.
Who do you think is trying to remove this freedom from religion? If you guessed the Religious Right, you'd be correct.
How about these people Katie..you can say all you w
ant about the Right. But S O R O S actually took all his wealth out of the US Market months before it crashed..wonder what he knew or engineered and he bragged about it I saw him..He has his huge money filled hand in every election

And his move on people are horrid imo

But they get the exemptions

And if you noticed I am using a non biased source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org
Ocean56

AOL

#300939 Jun 18, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:

<quoted text>
Absolutely. If we put it on a t-shirt, it would look like this:
Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT

OceanSeaweed: Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT
________

NoRelevance wrote:
We all know what brings about pregnancy.
Even though you pretend not to know, I'm sure you do.
Besides, ever hear of adoption? Isn't that a choice a "prochoicer" supports? Why don't you ever promote that choice? Hmmmm?

Yeah, Norelevance, I know sex can result in UNWANTED pregnancy. Did you have a POINT?

Adoption is also a decision that EACH woman will make...or not. It is up to the WOMAN to decide whether to continue a pregnancy or not, and whether to raise a child or not. Either way, it isn't YOUR decision to make for any woman.

Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,509,496
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr DelusionalPhartzz 32,828
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Sat BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,478
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web